View Full Version : creepshow comic...

Mike70
08-Feb-2010, 04:50 AM
i was wondering who else had a copy of the comic

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/creep2.jpg?t=1265608156

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/creep3.jpg?t=1265608428

bassman
08-Feb-2010, 12:22 PM
You know....i've never even considered that it could be found in comic form. It's something I now want to look into, but it just never crossed my mind.:stunned:

kortick
08-Feb-2010, 12:31 PM
I have it.

Purge
08-Feb-2010, 12:42 PM
My friend let me borrow his copy of it way back in third grade, and I saw a copy of it in a mall just outside Boston when I was in college. I remember Jordy calling the stuff leaking from the meteor "Meteorcrap!" instead of "Meteorsh*t!" like he did in the movie. :rolleyes::confused:

slickwilly13
08-Feb-2010, 02:34 PM
I bought a copy on ebay several years ago from a bookstore in Florida.

SymphonicX
10-Feb-2010, 09:26 AM
the question is: crotch or cunt?

krakenslayer
10-Feb-2010, 09:31 AM
the question is: crotch or cunt?

Well if they censored "meteorshit" to "meteorcrap", they probably just excised the line (if you read the above pages they actually dropped the whole opening of Something to Tide You Over for brevity's sake) or maybe changed it to something like "ettiquite cooch" :lol:

capncnut
10-Feb-2010, 09:37 AM
I have the comic.

clanglee
10-Feb-2010, 09:53 AM
Me too!!

Mr.G
10-Feb-2010, 12:32 PM
Are there currently any horror comics produced? I currently read The Walking Dead...but I was thinking more like an anthology.

Mike70
10-Feb-2010, 01:10 PM
Are there currently any horror comics produced? I currently read The Walking Dead...but I was thinking more like an anthology.

there was a series of romero deadverse comics. night of the living dead: prelude, beginning, back from the grave and barbara's zombie chronicles. there also was a 3 issue version of dawn and a 5 issue version of land.

bassman
10-Feb-2010, 01:12 PM
there was a series of romero deadverse comics. night of the living dead: prelude, beginning, back from the grave and barbara's zombie chronicles. there also was a 3 issue version of dawn and a 5 issue version of land.

Does anybody around here have this series? The mini comic that came with the UE was kind of cool, but I never heard anything about the rest of the series...

They're going for cheap on Ebay, so just curious if they're worth the cash.

Mike70
10-Feb-2010, 01:28 PM
Does anybody around here have this series? The mini comic that came with the UE was kind of cool, but I never heard anything about the rest of the series...

They're going for cheap on Ebay, so just curious if they're worth the cash.

they are worth a look
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/deadshot_02.jpg?t=1265812012

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/deadshot_03.jpg?t=1265812056

bassman
10-Feb-2010, 01:30 PM
Why does Fran appear to be a black woman in most of those pictures?:p

Mike70
10-Feb-2010, 01:33 PM
Why does Fran appear to be a black woman in most of those pictures?:p

:lol:
on sort of the same note:
roger is drawn (pretty consistently) in a manner that makes him appear crazed.

and as a bonus for bassman, the 1st issue has your favorite movie scene of all time included: "got any cigarettes?"

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/deadshot_04.jpg?t=1265812460

bassman
10-Feb-2010, 01:37 PM

Except now it appears to be Saddam Hussein asking for cigarettes...

Mike70
10-Feb-2010, 02:47 PM

Except now it appears to be Saddam Hussein asking for cigarettes...

brings me to another point: i'm not impressed by the artwork in the dawn comic series at all. i think it is the color scheme the colorist choose. it is either that or some of the angles used make the characters seem unfamiliar.

krakenslayer
10-Feb-2010, 03:00 PM
brings me to another point: i'm not impressed by the artwork in the dawn comic series at all. i think it is the color scheme the colorist choose. it is either that or some of the angles used make the characters seem unfamiliar.

You're right, it's very cartoonish and some of the panels don't seem very well thought-out - a lot of unnatural poses, strange positioning of characters, etc.

Mike70
10-Feb-2010, 04:08 PM
You're right, it's very cartoonish and some of the panels don't seem very well thought-out - a lot of unnatural poses, strange positioning of characters, etc.

well take a gander at what the artists did to barbara in night of the living dead: barbara's zombie chronicles. her boobs are now the size of a couple of hot air balloons. barbara's zombie chronicles is a 3 issue set that tells the story of what happens to barb after the end of night 90.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/deadshot_06.jpg?t=1265821584

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/deadshot_07.jpg?t=1265821648

SymphonicX
10-Feb-2010, 04:28 PM

I agree, major disappointment for essentially a boring, cutdown version of the movie in 4 issues...

bassman
10-Feb-2010, 04:39 PM
DAAAAMMMMNNNN. Who paid for Barbara's tits?!?!:lol:

SymphonicX
10-Feb-2010, 04:43 PM
Seems Johnny was talking about breast enhancement surgeons, not ghouls....

"they're coming for you barbara, look, there's one of them now with a portfolio of past operations and book of testimonials...there's no escape!!!"

Mike70
10-Feb-2010, 05:16 PM

:lol: i don't know but whoever did the barbara series needs to give it up. granted, it doesn't take much time to read 3 comics but still, it's time i'd like to have back.

the whole story is stupid beyond words.

at least most of these romeroverse comics are in color. with very, very, very few exceptions i totally detest "comics" that are done in black & white. i've always felt that the lack of color kind of defeats the purpose of a comic.

jded
12-Feb-2010, 11:51 PM
I have the Creepshow comic, but I would not necessarily consider it a comic in terms of number of pages and thickness of paper like basic comics. The one I got is more the likes of a graphic novel type quality, with more colorful clarity when it comes to art.

Are we talking about the same one? Mine has a red thick cover and the pages within are slightly thinner but still thick and sturdy stock.

I got it a long time ago and I'm sure it has gained some value over the years. It is a beautiful edition to the movie.

darth los
13-Feb-2010, 01:18 AM

Savini probably has connections. :p

He looks like that type.

:cool:

fulci fan
13-Feb-2010, 05:04 AM
:lol: i don't know but whoever did the barbara series needs to give it up. granted, it doesn't take much time to read 3 comics but still, it's time i'd like to have back.

the whole story is stupid beyond words.

at least most of these romeroverse comics are in color. with very, very, very few exceptions i totally detest "comics" that are done in black & white. i've always felt that the lack of color kind of defeats the purpose of a comic.

Creepy and Eerie, come on. Classic black and white comics. But yeah, I agree that they should have color. even if it isn't a lot like tales from the crypt,vault of horror, etc.