PDA

View Full Version : Stalker

Neil
01-Jun-2006, 09:19 AM
Some interesting stalker stuff...

As I feared, sounds like some of the basic mechanics of the game simply didn't work as a "fun game"... So they brought someone else in to kick it around a fair amount. This just makes me fear even more it won't work very well :(

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?SCID=27&CIID=37941&p=1

MinionZombie
01-Jun-2006, 10:37 AM
I saw this over on ActionTrip and was gonna post about it as I figured you'd be interested Neil, but obviously no such need.

As for the game, it's good they got someone in to kick it in the ass, it'd be retarded to just cancel the game after sinking so much money into it, they should at least try and make back a good chunk of it. I hope they don't get rid of vehicles, walking/running everywhere will just be boring and annoying and yet more boring - just imagine walking everywhere in GTA!

As for the no level loading crap they'd originally intended I was sceptical from the start on that, I didn't think they could pull it off and indeed they haven't. I don't really care about loading screens, just as long as it isn't like Postal 2's initial release where it took FOREVER to load, ha!

I reckon it'll be a good, entertaining game and hopefully it'll still work on my system when it crops up next year (I've had that bitch on pre-order since like September 2004!) otherwise I'll be super-duper p*ssed. At least it's not cancelled and is on track now ... at least so they say.

EvilNed
01-Jun-2006, 02:12 PM
I think that this game is to hyped for it's own good. But all the same, I'm sure I will find in enjoyable. Those load zones trouble, me tho.

Sounds kind of like Postal 2... But in a post-apocalyptic world.

p2501
01-Jun-2006, 06:10 PM
Some interesting stalker stuff...

As I feared, sounds like some of the basic mechanics of the game simply didn't work as a "fun game"... So they brought someone else in to kick it around a fair amount. This just makes me fear even more it won't work very well :(

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?SCID=27&CIID=37941&p=1

honestly that sort of makes sense, and in a way renews my faith that this game may eventually come out.

Danny
02-Jun-2006, 04:17 AM
sounds pretty cool but id rather play oblivion.

games using the post apocalyptic spin are rarely successful, unless final fantasy 6 counts, well the second half that is.:p

MinionZombie
02-Jun-2006, 07:22 AM
Half Life 2 was an 'alien apocalypse' and was rather apocalyptic ... that sound out the ass, even WITH that gawdawful Steam bullsh*t stuck on it like a head humper. :D