PDA

View Full Version : Ignore a sub-forum?

krakenslayer
17-Feb-2010, 10:44 AM
Is there a setting anywhere that allows me to exclude a subforum from search results, for example when I use the "new posts" feature? I had a look but I couldn't find anything that lets me do this.

Just in case anyone's wondering, it not that I don't like any of the discussions or have anything against any of the members, its just that I often find myself getting into discussions, debates, etc. in the General Discussion sub-forum about various things that I could argue with people in real life if I wanted. Really I'm just here to have fun talking about zombies and horror stuff, not set the world to rights, or be set to rights myself. I have enough concerns and grimness in my life right now, so I just wanna save my online-time for pure escapism :p ;)

Neil
17-Feb-2010, 11:05 AM
Is there a setting anywhere that allows me to exclude a subforum from search results, for example when I use the "new posts" feature? I had a look but I couldn't find anything that lets me do this.

Just in case anyone's wondering, it not that I don't like any of the discussions or have anything against any of the members, its just that I often find myself getting into discussions, debates, etc. in the General Discussion sub-forum about various things that I could argue with people in real life if I wanted. Really I'm just here to have fun talking about zombies and horror stuff, not set the world to rights, or be set to rights myself. I have enough concerns and grimness in my life right now, so I just wanna save my online-time for pure escapism :p ;)

With an advanced search you can select which forums to include. Help?

krakenslayer
17-Feb-2010, 11:16 AM
With an advanced search you can select which forums to include. Help?

The thing is, with advanced search, you have to type in a string of text to search on, which is really for if you're looking for something specific, whereas when clicking "new posts" it conveniently gives me all threads that have been posted in since my last visit.

Not to worry, it's no big deal if said feature doesn't exist, I was just wondering if it maybe was there somewhere and I was missing it. Thanks for your time anyway :)

Andy
17-Feb-2010, 01:30 PM
I get where your coming from, its not a feature at the moment but ill keep my eye out for it on the modder forums as it would be handy to have.

krakenslayer
17-Feb-2010, 01:42 PM
I get where your coming from, its not a feature at the moment but ill keep my eye out for it on the modder forums as it would be handy to have.

Cool beans, cheers man! :thumbsup: