PDA

View Full Version : Frankenstein: 1910

slickwilly13
14-Mar-2010, 03:28 PM
After 100 years since it was made and presumably lost it was found with only one known existing print. It has now finally been restored and will be sold on dvd with a companion book, "Edison's Frankenstein". March 18 with mark its 100th year. Here's a link to film history. Enjoy.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19443

krakenslayer
14-Mar-2010, 05:34 PM
That's awesome! I'm facinated by "lost" film and I'm really heartened that this one, perhaps the most legendary of them all, has now been found. :D

blind2d
14-Mar-2010, 08:52 PM
Wow, that is seriously cool. Thanks for the info.

slickwilly13
17-Mar-2010, 02:47 PM
No problem. For those who have not clicked onto the link it is a fully restored 13 minute film of the first Frankenstein move ever made. Hopefully someone will find a copy of London After Midnight, because this is equivalent to it.

MinionZombie
17-Mar-2010, 06:59 PM
Meant to comment on this thread earlier, spiffing find there slick.

Fascinating to watch as well, and I really dug the shots of the monster 'forming' in the machine ... it was quite inspired.

AcesandEights
19-Mar-2010, 01:12 PM
That's really cool! I had no idea the original print was missing.

Mike70
20-Mar-2010, 02:51 AM
Hopefully someone will find a copy of London After Midnight, because this is equivalent to it.

that would be a grand event.

the lost episodes of doctor who and sherlock holmes (starring peter cushing only 6 of which still exist) that some dickfaces at the BBC decided to destroy would be nice too.

Rancid Carcass
20-Mar-2010, 02:54 AM
So, how long before this gets a reboot? :lol:

EvilNed
20-Mar-2010, 09:03 PM
that would be a grand event.

the lost episodes of doctor who and sherlock holmes (starring peter cushing only 6 of which still exist) that some dickfaces at the BBC decided to destroy would be nice too.

Mike? What the hell? You're not British, stop watching Doctor Who.

Mike70
21-Mar-2010, 03:40 AM
Mike? What the hell? You're not British, stop watching Doctor Who.

:lol:

no, but i grew up watching doctor who on PBS. i'm quite a fan of the pertwee, baker, and davison era.