PDA

View Full Version : SURVIVORS: The Webisodes

livingdeadboy
02-Jun-2006, 02:54 PM
From Now On All Webisodes for Survivors will be posted on this first post here.

WEBISODE ONE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ1mz3Ve08g)

WEBISODE TWO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doJ7rvGRc_k)

WEBISODE THREE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLBAjxoBeOQ)

WEBISODE FOUR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT7ycYoM0ok)

WEBISODE FIVE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FeRcVjVUFE)

WEBISODE SIX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WIGQYgA1Ig)

WEBISODE SEVEN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MnXdKGMEjk)

WEBISODE EIGHT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuWOhSujrfM)

WEBISODE NINE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2mHJHg4RMc)

WEBISODE TEN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8K2IDo9xJQ)

WEBISODE ELEVEN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0tjnpS3u5g)

WEBISODE TWELVE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8i6m_kHigo) (THE FINAL WEBISODE)

Pistolero Films
02-Jun-2006, 09:07 PM
Cool! Thanks for sharing!

livingdeadboy
02-Jun-2006, 10:12 PM
Cool! Thanks for sharing!

No problem man, hope you keep watching

Danny
03-Jun-2006, 04:54 AM
its a little different so for that some people may flame it, but i liked 28 days later so its cool with me, that said that long shot were you see that group staring at the boyd, i think that was too drawn out and why was one of the girls laughing?, i probably would have cut that different but ig uess only bitchin' about 10 seconds out of the whole 11 mins means its a success!:D

livingdeadboy
03-Jun-2006, 10:51 AM
its a little different so for that some people may flame it, but i liked 28 days later so its cool with me, that said that long shot were you see that group staring at the boyd, i think that was too drawn out and why was one of the girls laughing?, i probably would have cut that different but ig uess only bitchin' about 10 seconds out of the whole 11 mins means its a success!:D

It's okay, I bitch about all eleven minutes of it. And as for the laughing girl, you have to wait and see why she is laughing...

Pistolero Films
03-Jun-2006, 11:34 AM
I agree on that scene and at first I was like, OMG, his actress is laughing while being filmed...oh no...and he left it in...and then I thought, hmmm there has to be more to her laugh or else why have it there?

It's different and I like it so far.

livingdeadboy
03-Jun-2006, 11:57 AM
I agree on that scene and at first I was like, OMG, his actress is laughing while being filmed...oh no...and he left it in...and then I thought, hmmm there has to be more to her laugh or else why have it there?

It's different and I like it so far.

Yeah I tell yeah, this movie is two years old and it is seriously in need of a remake. If i could go back in time knowing what I know now after making several more of these movies...it could be so much better. But ah well, live and learn right?

MinionZombie
03-Jun-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm impressed man, that was cool, quite ambitious too. Quite liked the music, nice effects, some cool shots in there as well, over all very nice dude.

Also, are you able to plug your digital camera into your DVD player and use "auxiliary record" (or whatever) to essentially play the DVD output straight into your camera - and therefore record it onto miniDV, which can then be uploaded onto your computer? That's what I do anyway.

But yeh, very cool film there.

livingdeadboy
03-Jun-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm impressed man, that was cool, quite ambitious too. Quite liked the music, nice effects, some cool shots in there as well, over all very nice dude.

Also, are you able to plug your digital camera into your DVD player and use "auxiliary record" (or whatever) to essentially play the DVD output straight into your camera - and therefore record it onto miniDV, which can then be uploaded onto your computer? That's what I do anyway.

But yeh, very cool film there.

Thanks man. I tried to plug it in too the DVD player, but I couldn't get the damn thing to work. After thinking of ways to do it, I got too fed up and just played it off of my computer and recorded it, bootleg style.

livingdeadboy
04-Jun-2006, 04:59 PM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/reesterfx/coolshot.jpg

Well here is the second Webisode or Zombisode if you will, of Survivors, enjoy.

Webisode Two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doJ7rvGRc_k)

DjfunkmasterG
04-Jun-2006, 06:43 PM
Don't knock it so hard. I was actually glued to it for the entire 11 minutes. Where can i buy the full DVD? I think is pretty decent for a first effort. I am impressed dude. Really impressed.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Jun-2006, 06:51 PM
OK, Ready for part 3

:D

Bring it on

livingdeadboy
04-Jun-2006, 07:27 PM
OK, Ready for part 3

Bring it on

Hehehe, I'll post it either tomorrow or tuesday, I'm a little busy in the next two days. I'd do it tonight...but I can't miss the season finale of Sopranos...I hope you understand...:evil:

Adrenochrome
04-Jun-2006, 07:29 PM
Don't knock it so hard. I was actually glued to it for the entire 11 minutes. Where can i buy the full DVD? I think is pretty decent for a first effort. I am impressed dude. Really impressed.
yup!! I was the same way......getting ready to watch #2 now!!!
Nice job, man!!:D

Adrenochrome
04-Jun-2006, 07:42 PM
I like it!!
I like the way you had the Z's begging for help (the one gal with the cut on her face, crying and begging) nice touch...it's helps out with the "running" thing alot.
I'm looking forward to the next installment!
Very nice job.

peace

Neil
04-Jun-2006, 09:42 PM
Sorry, but can we keep all the episodes in one thread please...

livingdeadboy
05-Jun-2006, 11:20 AM
Sorry, but can we keep all the episodes in one thread please...

Sorry Neil, I just think it will get way to confusing for people keeping track of all the webisodes if they have to resort to one thread and sort through the pages to find a new entry.

I see where your coming from, I just personally feel it'll make things alot more difficult to keep track of. The thread name doesn't change it stays the same, so it's even more difficult to know if I posted a new webisode w/o starting a new thread saying that I posted a new one.

Adrenochrome
05-Jun-2006, 11:33 AM
Sorry Neil, I just think it will get way to confusing for people keeping track of all the webisodes if they have to resort to one thread and sort through the pages to find a new entry.

I see where your coming from, I just personally feel it'll make things alot more difficult to keep track of. The thread name doesn't change it stays the same, so it's even more difficult to know if I posted a new webisode w/o starting a new thread saying that I posted a new one.
agreed.
But, I can see what Neil means.....eventially, you'll have to make enough posts to accommodate for all 1 hr and 50 mins of your wonderful flick which would push out all of the other posts. (since the film makers area isn't used as much as some of the others)

livingdeadboy
05-Jun-2006, 11:36 AM
agreed.
But, I can see what Neil means.....eventially, you'll have to make enough posts to accommodate for all 1 hr and 50 mins of your wonderful flick which would push out all of the other posts. (since the film makers area isn't used as much as some of the others)

Ah yeah, you are right. Well maybe I can get one of the moderators to change the title of this thread to "Survivors Webisodes" and we'll just leave it at that.

Adrenochrome
05-Jun-2006, 11:47 AM
Ah yeah, you are right. Well maybe I can get one of the moderators to change the title of this thread to "Survivors Webisodes" and we'll just leave it at that.
that'd be best, then just post when a new one is ready and it'll bump back up to the top - or, appear as unread.
So, is part 3 ready yet? huh huh huh huh? :D

livingdeadboy
05-Jun-2006, 11:59 AM
that'd be best, then just post when a new one is ready and it'll bump back up to the top - or, appear as unread.
So, is part 3 ready yet? huh huh huh huh? :D

Lol, soon grasshopper...soon, pace yourself...:p

DjfunkmasterG
05-Jun-2006, 12:24 PM
Here is a suggestion...

Have the Title changed to SURVIVORS: The Webisodes

Then each time you prepare a new episode on Youtube.com all you have to do is edit the 1st post and add the link to each new part. I think as long as you provide a reason you can edit titles. So you could easily do...

SURVIVORS: The Webisodes UPDATE each time you update us with a new portion.

Livingdeadboy... BTW you could rip the DVD to your HDD and get a program that will allow you to convert the Vob files to an AVI file. Then put the AVI file in an editor and make proper webisodes.

livingdeadboy
05-Jun-2006, 12:32 PM
Here is a suggestion...

Have the Title changed to SURVIVORS: The Webisodes

Then each time you prepare a new episode on Youtube.com all you have to do is edit the 1st post and add the link to each new part. I think as long as you provide a reason you can edit titles. So you could easily do...

SURVIVORS: The Webisodes UPDATE each time you update us with a new portion.

Livingdeadboy... BTW you could rip the DVD to your HDD and get a program that will allow you to convert the Vob files to an AVI file. Then put the AVI file in an editor and make proper webisodes.

Thanks for the tip man, I already got the webisodes set up and ready to go though, lol. But hey, maybe next time I will grow a brain and save my orginal files. But yeah from now on I will just post the webisodes on the header of this thread. If a moderator out there can change the thread title to what DJ said, that would be fantastic.:)

DjfunkmasterG
05-Jun-2006, 05:54 PM
PM one of the Mods - Minion or Axlish would probably be happy to take care of it.

livingdeadboy
05-Jun-2006, 06:46 PM
Webisode three posted on head post.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jun-2006, 10:51 PM
Ok three was awesome. it gets better and better with each Webisode... Need More! :D

How can i buy a DVD of this from you?

Pistolero Films
06-Jun-2006, 11:01 PM
Yes, 3 is the best so far. Two death-dealing chicks..woohoo..

I like how the characters are starting to show who they are. Good job.

Adrenochrome
06-Jun-2006, 11:13 PM
hehehehe Yeah!
The two chickas in the "PLease, help me -- OK.....smash! / She's not dead yet....WHACK!!!!" scene is classic!
I'm really enjoying this so far......

gimme part 4!!!!

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jun-2006, 11:20 PM
I know... I WANT PART 4 NOW This is a tease! :p :elol:

Hook a brutha up!

Adrenochrome
06-Jun-2006, 11:34 PM
I know... I WANT PART 4 NOW This is a tease! :p :elol:

Hook a brutha up!

A tease, indeed!

I want a copy on DVD to show on one of my "movie nights" here. I know my friends would get a kick out of watching this!

So, livingdeadboy, what say you on the DVD availabilty?

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jun-2006, 11:49 PM
Come on dude...

Hook us up? Give me the PAYPAL addy. something dude. I really want to see this as a complete film.

Dj

livingdeadboy
07-Jun-2006, 01:03 AM
Come on dude...

Hook us up? Give me the PAYPAL addy. something dude. I really want to see this as a complete film.

Dj

Hey man, well being as out of touch with the world as I am, if you want a copy you have to do it the old fashion way. Which I apologize for, but I don't have a credit card...(What can I say, I am a little old fashioned) I was gonna do it through a family members account, but she seems to be raising a fus about me using her pay pal account...You'd swear I was asking her to sell my kidneys.
If you want a copy
Send 10 bucks to

Reese Eveneshen
163 Elmira Road North
N1K 1Y9
Guelph,Ontario, Canada

-No Hate mail please:dead:

DjfunkmasterG
07-Jun-2006, 01:39 AM
That $10 will be in the mail this week. You can guarantee it. :D

Adrenochrome
07-Jun-2006, 02:13 AM
expect a ten spot from me as well......(do I have to get it changed over to Canadian? or will a Hamilton do?)

livingdeadboy
07-Jun-2006, 10:40 AM
expect a ten spot from me as well......(do I have to get it changed over to Canadian? or will a Hamilton do?)

I would probably prefer getting a canadian ten dollar bill, but if its to much of a hassle its no biggie.

Webisodes Four , Five and Six now available.

DjfunkmasterG
07-Jun-2006, 08:15 PM
take the american $10 you make an extra $2-$3 profit. :D

livingdeadboy
08-Jun-2006, 01:58 PM
take the american $10 you make an extra $2-$3 profit. :D

Sounds fine by me then:cool:

livingdeadboy
09-Jun-2006, 07:11 PM
Webisode Seven is now online.

Adrenochrome
09-Jun-2006, 11:56 PM
hehehe, the opening scene for 5 is great - The "Why I'm mopping this up"" conversation - LOL

Favorite scene in #6 - when Mop Boy mentions the Breakfast Club and Tumor Head Guy says "80's film, right?" I don't know if that was intentional, but it's a funny "punchline" (Since Tumor Guy has memory problems) - [and then there's thw whistle of The Tune......nice!]

My vote for best actor goes to Mop Boy (so far) followed by Miss Fancy Pants.
(oh, the Mr. Bojangles poem was adorable)

One Q about ep 1 ( I think it was) there's a scene where tumor guy walks through a dining area.....is that a HUGE wind chime hanging in the window? I make those things LOL. (not that one, but, I make alot very similar to that) [oh, the guitar theme is classic!!!]

So,......the rest is to be posted when??? .......waiting.......

livingdeadboy
10-Jun-2006, 11:30 AM
hehehe, the opening scene for 5 is great - The "Why I'm mopping this up"" conversation - LOL

Favorite scene in #6 - when Mop Boy mentions the Breakfast Club and Tumor Head Guy says "80's film, right?" I don't know if that was intentional, but it's a funny "punchline" (Since Tumor Guy has memory problems) - [and then there's thw whistle of The Tune......nice!]

My vote for best actor goes to Mop Boy (so far) followed by Miss Fancy Pants.
(oh, the Mr. Bojangles poem was adorable)

One Q about ep 1 ( I think it was) there's a scene where tumor guy walks through a dining area.....is that a HUGE wind chime hanging in the window? I make those things LOL. (not that one, but, I make alot very similar to that) [oh, the guitar theme is classic!!!]

So,......the rest is to be posted when??? .......waiting.......

I'll be posting a lot more today, I got a free day today, so expect a few to be online by the end of the day.

Webisode Eight,Nine and Ten now online

livingdeadboy
11-Jun-2006, 06:09 PM
I've posted the final webisode of the flick.

Adrenochrome
11-Jun-2006, 06:40 PM
I've posted the final webisode of the flick.
The past few days I've really enjoyed watching this flick.
The music was great, the plot kept my attention and it had some excellent "one liners" - as all zombie films should have!

Bravo, my friend. Bravo!

*stands and applauds*

thanks for sharing.

peace,

Tom

livingdeadboy
11-Jun-2006, 11:32 PM
The past few days I've really enjoyed watching this flick.
The music was great, the plot kept my attention and it had some excellent "one liners" - as all zombie films should have!

Bravo, my friend. Bravo!

*stands and applauds*

thanks for sharing.

peace,

Tom

Glad you liked it, the Survivors universe will be making a come back soon...:sneaky:

Pistolero Films
12-Jun-2006, 09:51 PM
Thanks for sharing the entire film with us. It was great watching it on and off when I got the chance and I was excited to see that more and more episodes were posted online.

You mentioned you are going to revisit the survivors theme - what do you have in mind?

Once again,

Thanks!

livingdeadboy
14-Jun-2006, 10:09 AM
Thanks for sharing the entire film with us. It was great watching it on and off when I got the chance and I was excited to see that more and more episodes were posted online.

You mentioned you are going to revisit the survivors theme - what do you have in mind?

Once again,

Thanks!

I am glad you enjoyed it, frankly I didn't think anybody would, so I am a little surprised it got a good response.

In about three weeks you will start to see a revisit...

Pistolero Films
14-Jun-2006, 01:06 PM
Keep in touch, remember our emails - we may be able to help each other.

Thanks

livingdeadboy
14-Jun-2006, 08:30 PM
Keep in touch, remember our emails - we may be able to help each other.

Thanks

Oh don't worry I have not forgotten, drop me a line on my email to let me know how things are going

Aftertheearth
15-Jun-2006, 08:11 PM
bravo! that was an amazing flick, man keep em comin

livingdeadboy
15-Jun-2006, 09:21 PM
bravo! that was an amazing flick, man keep em comin

Oh don't worry, Survivors is coming back...soon...

dethhead
18-Jun-2006, 03:48 AM
i did not like your film at all, there were just so many things wrong with it.

*the camera and editing comes to mind instantly, the constant distortion in sound is heard during the entire movie and becomes distracting when you cut to different characters. and im pretty sure i heard the camera man breathing on more then one occasion.

*read a book on cinematography there were times characters were completely washed in white and others times in black.

*the biggest complaint i have is with the script and story, first off most of the characters are just plain not nice and i find it hard to feel for them. i cant even remember their names they were that forgetable, ill just refer to them by the characteristics you felt necessary to distinguish them with.

angry bitch - that goth chick who acted like she had a stick up her ass the entire movie SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE MAIN CHARACTER which she clearly was, there was one point were she says something stupid like 'i cant believe your turning on me' or some **** like that, well no **** it may have just dawned on you that people dont like angry goth bitches who think the are better then everyone else. or those 5 minutes she spent trying to convince A MENTALLY RETARDED PERSON something and got angry that she didnt understand, i felt the retard was smarter then she was at that point.

retarded girl - best acted person in the movie, im serious. if she wasnt some real mentally challenged person you found to put in your movie i think she did a very good convincing job. diffenitly has future acting potential.

fat guy - the fat guy with a tumor COULD have been used to a better extent perhaps completating what it means to die or some sort of parael to the zombies but it wasnt. he just kept reminding everyone he was a fat guy with a brain tumor.

janitor and nice girl - these people seemed to have potential if you had given them better roles and better subplots.

one thing you have to learn is to make a script interesting, people constantly bitching at each other for 150 minutes isnt interesting.

kudos goes to the music and props which shows at least you put some effort into it.

Danny
18-Jun-2006, 03:56 AM
now before people flame, which they no doubt will, its nice to see someone say they dont like something for once, when most people now adays are scared of the reaction they'll get and just go with the flow.

varietys the spice of life guys.

livingdeadboy
18-Jun-2006, 11:25 AM

*the camera and editing comes to mind instantly, the constant distortion in sound is heard during the entire movie and becomes distracting when you cut to different characters. and im pretty sure i heard the camera man breathing on more then one occasion.

*read a book on cinematography there were times characters were completely washed in white and others times in black.

*the biggest complaint i have is with the script and story, first off most of the characters are just plain not nice and i find it hard to feel for them. i cant even remember their names they were that forgetable, ill just refer to them by the characteristics you felt necessary to distinguish them with.

angry bitch - that goth chick who acted like she had a stick up her ass the entire movie SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE MAIN CHARACTER which she clearly was, there was one point were she says something stupid like 'i cant believe your turning on me' or some **** like that, well no **** it may have just dawned on you that people dont like angry goth bitches who think the are better then everyone else. or those 5 minutes she spent trying to convince A MENTALLY RETARDED PERSON something and got angry that she didnt understand, i felt the retard was smarter then she was at that point.

retarded girl - best acted person in the movie, im serious. if she wasnt some real mentally challenged person you found to put in your movie i think she did a very good convincing job. diffenitly has future acting potential.

fat guy - the fat guy with a tumor COULD have been used to a better extent perhaps completating what it means to die or some sort of parael to the zombies but it wasnt. he just kept reminding everyone he was a fat guy with a brain tumor.

janitor and nice girl - these people seemed to have potential if you had given them better roles and better subplots.

one thing you have to learn is to make a script interesting, people constantly bitching at each other for 150 minutes isnt interesting.

kudos goes to the music and props which shows at least you put some effort into it.

I'm sorry you feel that way, I was seventeen when I made it, it got me a kick ass mark in school. And for all of its faults of which there are many, I love all 1 hour and fifty minutes of hard work, heart break, and bloody fun we had making it. And if you can do better, by all means send me your movie and I'll do nothing but praise it.

MinionZombie
18-Jun-2006, 12:15 PM
Damn straight man. We all have to start somewhere, we all have to learn things, we all want to have fun - and that's the most important part. I'm just glad there's still people like you out there giving it a go and having fun with it. Some people are just too picky without taking into account the background of the project itself.

Having fun, that's the main thing. Kudos man.

xxStephy
19-Jun-2006, 12:49 AM

Oh gosh dethhead. You have left me no choice but to critique your critique out of boredom, and because your criticism is completely pointless and unconstructive.

Read a cinematography book? That's just mean. Besides a couple of scenes I thought he did just fine. Remember, he's not some big Hollywood producer with a big budget and amazing cameras, I'm sure you didn't keep that in mind though did you? :bored:

I'm sorry to say, but I can't remember a lot of characters in Zombie films I've watched, so it's not really fair to say the characters are forgettable, maybe your memory is going on you?

I don't think it's very nice at all to personally attack someone and call him "fat guy". Please grow up ;) .

Just because you didn't find the script interesting doesn't mean that others didn't. If you were trapped in a building with a whole bunch of strangers would you get along with them? I know I wouldn't. I don't think I'd be prancing around holding hands with them all and having a good time.

At least he put some effort into the props and music? Are you saying he didn't put any effort into anything else? I certainly hope you are not, 155 minutes is enough of an effort on anyone’s part.

In conclusion, I'd like to see you come up with something better. This film is 2 years old, and he did a pretty darn amazing job considering the little resources he had. If you can't critique constructively then please don't critique at all? :mad:

dethhead
19-Jun-2006, 02:38 AM
And if you can do better, by all means send me your movie and I'll do nothing but praise it.

that was a very immature comment, i didnt like the movie troy either but its not like wolfgang peterson is gonna say 'you think you can do better?'

Read a cinematography book? That's just mean. Besides a couple of scenes I thought he did just fine. Remember, he's not some big Hollywood producer with a big budget and amazing cameras, I'm sure you didn't keep that in mind though did you? :bored:

he doesnt need to be a big hollywood producer to know how to read, and why couldnt he had reshot the scenes in questions or cut them? 150mins it wouldnt have hurt since most of the scenes were pretty pointless anyhow.

Just because you didn't find the script interesting doesn't mean that others didn't. If you were trapped in a building with a whole bunch of strangers would you get along with them? I know I wouldn't. I don't think I'd be prancing around holding hands with them all and having a good time.

i will argue with you till the end of time on this issue: 150 MINUTES ON CONSTANT BITCHING AT EACH OTHER IS NOT INTERESTING.
you could have read a screenwriting book as well as a cinematography book too.

I certainly hope you are not, 155 minutes is enough of an effort on anyone’s part.

quantity does NOT equal quality.

also i forgot to mention that i hated the ending. all that time worring about them and in the end he just walks by them for god knows how long? just because he no longer cares doesnt mean the rules you set down in your universe change as well.

please understand im not trying to flame here im just offering up my critique about the movie. i did think he did some things right but also thought he did some things wrong. if you guys are only going to attack my critique on the things i thought were wrong then its obvious your not taking an objective view on the movie.

livingdeadboy
19-Jun-2006, 11:45 AM
Damn straight man. We all have to start somewhere, we all have to learn things, we all want to have fun - and that's the most important part. I'm just glad there's still people like you out there giving it a go and having fun with it. Some people are just too picky without taking into account the background of the project itself.

Having fun, that's the main thing. Kudos man.

Thanks for the kudos!:D

paulannett
19-Jun-2006, 12:27 PM

Hey, I'm a bit of a lurker when it comes to these film boards, but I've decided to throw my two pennies in, too.

Let's put this movie into perspective:

- Survivor's was made on, what I would guess to be, a shoe string budget, right? This means that Reese and his crew weren't using the best of the best equipment, nor did they have access to some of the more technical equipment that would be needed. Now, I understand where you are coming from; sometimes the sound was a little drained out and yeah, the picture did vary quite a lot with white-outs and black-outs. But with the resources available, I think that he did a damn fine job!

- As for the cinematography book, I think he should read one too. Simply because it will broaden his horizons, open up more options and give him more to work with. But apart from that, I think, through trial and error, his future productions will have improved.

- The characters. I agree, at times, the characters did become quite tedious. They did appear quite 2D at times, though with the amount of characters involved, it was hard to develope them to a great degree. Though, you did try to show some evolution in the characters, which shows more promise in your writing.

Also, do they characters really have to be nice? I understand what you are saying, beyond Mopboy there wasn 't really anybody to identify with as the out-right hero. Good! This can keep an audience on its toes as to who will bite the dust next.

Again let's put this into perspective with Romero's Dead films. Everyone of his characters in pretty much all of his dead films are 2D - beyond Roger in Dawn (in my opinion). There are mere glimpses of another side to the character but they are never explored and never garner any more interest. But hell, I still enjoy his films (well, Day and Land I'll shut up about!)

I DO agree with your comments on Tumour boy (I don't remember his name!). There could have been interesting developments in how he views his own impending death, or like you said, a paralell with the zombies. BUT! Instead, he has accepted his condition and realises that either way he is dead.

One thing that I dislike in zombies films, in general, is that when a character is mobbed by the living dead they don't seem to be resisting very hard. To me, a scene in which a character is fighting desperately, despite being pinned, and they are screaming for help, in fear and in frustration at being helpless, is quite shocking. Of course, the character rarely wins these exchanges, but the brutality of the scene could leave the audience in shock and awe.

At first, I though Mopboy was going to fight back as a mob descended upon him, I was pretty sad/****ed(!) he didn't though.

- The story itself was your basic living dead tale - a group of people trapped inside a building while the dead attack from the outside. So, dethhead, where the Hell is the complaint!:D

- The actors themselves, I think, did a great job. Now, I'm not saying that they were extraordinary actors, but I do think they did the film a huge service. I'll assume that the cast is simply a group of friends, rather than auditioned actors. If this were my film, I'd find it impossible to get my friends to act on screen--they'd be too embarrassed, too shy and impossible to work with! Jesus, even a camera at a party causes contraversary after a while! :D

I'm not here to **** on your opinions dethhead, infact far from that, I just don't think you realise how much of an undertaking this film is/was for such a young and inexperienced cast and crew.

Hopefully, my short film (i don't think I'm capable of such an epic just yet!) get's made this Summer, it'll be interesting to see if you tear my piece/love a new ass hole too! :elol:

Adrenochrome
19-Jun-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the kudos!:D
Some critisism is needed for EVERY movie EVER made. One can pick out flaws or make suggestions about every movie ever made. But, when you start picking at them too much, then, the ability to enjoy movies is no longer there. This Master Critic (dethhead) is probably the kind of person that is looking for "the Perfect Movie" whether its an indie or a mainstream. That movie does not exist.
I personally enjoyed your project (and I'm one of those nit-pickers, if that tells you something) and so has everyone I've shown it to. Of course, we make suggestions or point out "shoulda haves", but the "read a book" comment(s) made by Master Critic (dethhead) was uncalled for. Would Roger Ebert or Gene Shalit say something so snide or base? No.
Getting ideas from "Books on movie-making" is a great idea as long as you stick with YOUR original visions and ideas and don't start jumping on the bandwagon like so many of todays artists. (Peter *cough* Jackson)
One can critique without appearing to have the childish intention of belittling the film-maker.

MinionZombie
19-Jun-2006, 12:40 PM
And also - for f*ck sake - the film is 1 hour and 50 minutes long, not 150 minutes (which is 2 hours and 30 minutes), sorry, but that was just p*ssing me off. There's constructive criticism and then there's just being mean...

Adrenochrome
19-Jun-2006, 12:45 PM
There's constructive criticism and then there's just being mean...
EXACTLEY!!

livingdeadboy
19-Jun-2006, 01:35 PM
Some critisism is needed for EVERY movie EVER made. One can pick out flaws or make suggestions about every movie ever made. But, when you start picking at them too much, then, the ability to enjoy movies is no longer there. This Master Critic (dethhead) is probably the kind of person that is looking for "the Perfect Movie" whether its an indie or a mainstream. That movie does not exist.
I personally enjoyed your project (and I'm one of those nit-pickers, if that tells you something) and so has everyone I've shown it to. Of course, we make suggestions or point out "shoulda haves", but the "read a book" comment(s) made by Master Critic (dethhead) was uncalled for. Would Roger Ebert or Gene Shalit say something so snide or base? No.
Getting ideas from "Books on movie-making" is a great idea as long as you stick with YOUR original visions and ideas and don't start jumping on the bandwagon like so many of todays artists. (Peter *cough* Jackson)
One can critique without appearing to have the childish intention of belittling the film-maker.

I agree, I like when people offer constructive comments, but when you nit pick the hell out of something just for the sake that you don't like it, then don't say anything at all.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jun-2006, 01:45 PM
I have only caught up to Webisode 4, but to the man with most harsh of criticism.

No film is perfect, right off the bat you can tell the film had no budget and it was a first feature film for the director. There are ways to critique and ways to just plain be an ass. You chose to be an ass.

In lowbudget filmmaking you have to take many things in too account one being lack of equipment. Another is experience. You took none of that into account which makes you the worst critic on the planet.

Since you are so quick to jump to judgement over the mans efforts... why don't you show us what you have accomplished int he world of film. Cause all i see is a bunch of words from someone who just made himself out to be an ass in front of an entire internet community.

The film may not be perfect but it kept my attention from what i have seen so far. If any film, including a low budget flick like this can keep my attention, I am impressed.

bassman
19-Jun-2006, 02:59 PM
I have only caught up to Webisode 4, but to the man with most harsh of criticism.

No film is perfect, right off the bat you can tell the film had no budget and it was a first feature film for the director. There are ways to critique and ways to just plain be an ass. You chose to be an ass.

In lowbudget filmmaking you have to take many things in too account one being lack of equipment. Another is experience. You took none of that into account which makes you the worst critic on the planet.

Since you are so quick to jump to judgement over the mans efforts... why don't you show us what you have accomplished int he world of film. Cause all i see is a bunch of words from someone who just made himself out to be an ass in front of an entire internet community.

The film may not be perfect but it kept my attention from what i have seen so far. If any film, including a low budget flick like this can keep my attention, I am impressed.

Tell 'em Steve-Dave!

I've got to get the audio working on this computer so I can watch this stuff:mad:

Anyone know why a computer that used to have audio would come back from a repair shop without audio? Help!

Adrenochrome
19-Jun-2006, 03:06 PM
Anyone know why a computer that used to have audio would come back from a repair shop without audio? Help!
sound-card screwed up?

bassman
19-Jun-2006, 03:08 PM
sound-card screwed up?

It wasn't when I took it to "Geek Squad". It worked fine before....now that I got it back, I can't get it to work. Everthing else is fine....just the audio.

Adrenochrome
19-Jun-2006, 04:54 PM
It wasn't when I took it to "Geek Squad". It worked fine before....now that I got it back, I can't get it to work. Everthing else is fine....just the audio.
I don't mean to come off as a smart ass, but, this happened to me once, "The volume control was checked to mute" Have you checked that? (NOTE: again, I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I know I do that alot)

bassman
19-Jun-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't mean to come off as a smart ass, but, this happened to me once, "The volume control was checked to mute" Have you checked that? (NOTE: again, I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I know I do that alot)

:lol: Yeah....I've checked that.

Adrenochrome
19-Jun-2006, 05:05 PM
:lol: Yeah....I've checked that.
OK,....sometimes those comp shops like to play innocent pranks like that.....sometimes the solution to a prob is something simple like that.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jun-2006, 05:31 PM
Re-download the sound drivers... Or it is possible they accidently misplaced a jumper on the motherboard for sound.

bassman
19-Jun-2006, 05:38 PM
Re-download the sound drivers... Or it is possible they accidently misplaced a jumper on the motherboard for sound.

dude....I'm clueless when it comes to computers....

dethhead
20-Jun-2006, 03:51 AM
I agree, I like when people offer constructive comments.

shouldnt that be

I agree, I like when people offer positive comments. ?

arent i the first person to give any negative comment about your film and you automatically start flamming me isnt right and shows your lack of maturity. ill give you a tip if your serious about making films, you have to take peoples criticisms and reflect on your own work about how you can make your future films better and stop adopting a 'people that dont like my film are wrong' attitude.

and another thing, even if everyone that likes you film is right and that it was a good film made within a low budget theres still one thing they(and obviously you) forgot about. thats the story. you dont need thousands or millions of dollars to write a good story. yours wasnt.

bassman
20-Jun-2006, 12:29 PM
shouldnt that be

?

arent i the first person to give any negative comment about your film and you automatically start flamming me isnt right and shows your lack of maturity. ill give you a tip if your serious about making films, you have to take peoples criticisms and reflect on your own work about how you can make your future films better and stop adopting a 'people that dont like my film are wrong' attitude.

and another thing, even if everyone that likes you film is right and that it was a good film made within a low budget theres still one thing they(and obviously you) forgot about. thats the story. you dont need thousands or millions of dollars to write a good story. yours wasnt.

Just like everyone else said.....you're not criticizing. You're just being an a**hole. I guess it's easy on an internet message board, huh?

If you have some criticism to give about the guy's film, the least you could do is be polite about it.:rolleyes:

dethhead
21-Jun-2006, 01:04 AM
Just like everyone else said.....you're not criticizing. You're just being an a**hole. I guess it's easy on an internet message board, huh?

crit·i·cize ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krt-sz)
v. crit·i·cized, crit·i·ciz·ing, crit·i·ciz·es
v. tr.
1. To find fault with: criticized the decision as unrealistic. See Usage Note at critique.
2. To judge the merits and faults of; analyze and evaluate.

i am criticizing :rolleyes:

Ozhair
21-Jun-2006, 03:23 AM
Okay, at the risk of having my head bitten off by both sides of the argument, I'm going to wade into this.

Firstly, I think that "Survivors" is an awesome job for a student-produced effort. I just wish I'd had the stamina (and the technology) to pull off something like that when I was your age.

BUT, it is not without flaws. Yes, there are problems with lighting, camerawork, sound, etc. The important thing, which unfortunately I don't think I've seen livingdeadboy admit to yet, is that he acknowledges that there are flaws, and says that he's learnt from them, rather than immediately going on the defensive.

Edit: My bad, he actually did say that way back on page one of the thread.

dethhead's critique was somewhat tactless, and could have been couched in better language. I think his main problem is that he is not allowing for the fact that this was a student effort, a learning experience, and should therefore be cut some slack. Not simply praising it without pointing out flaws, but pointing out the flaws in a more constructive manner.

But commenting quite broadly on the overall plot and characters could hardly be called "nitpicking"

I, too, would suggest that livingdeadboy reads some books on cinematography and scriptwriting. Not because I think his work sucks, but because I can see a good deal of potential in his work that could become even better by honing his craft. To the person that suggested livingdeadboy shouldn't do these things otherwise he risked becoming "Hollywoodised" a la Peter Jackson; most filmmaking rules exist for a good reason. Before you break those rules, you should learn what they are and know why you're breaking them.

You will only improve if you are honest with yourself, and figure out ways to strengthen your weaknesses. For example, my short "The Final Word" which I posted a link to a while back. Several of you have given it nice feedback, for which I thank you. But personally I'm not entirely happy with the performance of the lead actor, and I think the script ended up being too "talky" (it was one of those things that "looked good on paper"). I'll take these factors into account when I put together my next film.

And one final note - it is quite possible to get a decent looking image out of today's handycams, without having access to the "millions of dollars they have on Hollywood movies". The first thing to do is switch off all those nifty "automatic" features and learn how to make the camera do what you want it to do.

Keep makin' those films, kids. :cool:

Danny
23-Jun-2006, 12:31 AM
well i just watched 4 to six and i like dthe idea of the main character having a brain tumor so hes dead either way, very cool, but as i said with the girl laughing i gueesed shes either nuts or :shifty: *whispers*-retarded-*whispers* (political correctness and all that) :sneaky: and i thought if she is shell let the zombies get smeone so that was predictable the only other gripe i have is the blonde using the same prhases a few times like "once again blah-blah-blah" then 3 mins later "once again blah blah blah", aside from that its all good man!:D