PDA

View Full Version : williamducan

zombiekiller
18-Mar-2010, 12:19 AM
i recieved a private message from this guy and it said i had a virius and needed to get it fixxed or i would get kicked off. i just tried to send him a message saying i got a scan on my cpu. and seen he was banned. was wondering if anyone else got the same message from him.

krakenslayer
18-Mar-2010, 12:26 AM
We occasionally get folks PMing users, telling them they're infected with a virus and to click a link to clean their PC. In fact, these spammers (usually automated bots) are trying to get you to visit a site that will infect your PC with a virus, allowing them to use your PC along with thousands of others in sending/processing spam emails or even to steal your details to defraud you. If you get any emails like that just ignore them or report them, and DON'T click the link, there is no way any user on here can tell if you're infected with a virus; not through the forums.

zombiekiller
18-Mar-2010, 12:37 AM
We occasionally get folks PMing users, telling them they're infected with a virus and to click a link to clean their PC. In fact, these spammers (usually automated bots) are trying to get you to visit a site that will infect your PC with a virus, allowing them to use your PC along with thousands of others in sending/processing spam emails or even to steal your details to defraud you. If you get any emails like that just ignore them or report them, and DON'T click the link, there is no way any user on here can tell if you're infected with a virus; not through the forums.

k. thanks for the info. that was the first time for me to get one of those. it kind of freaked me out cause i've been on here for quite a while in fact i started out using the name undertaker the had to switch cause my system went down.

krakenslayer
18-Mar-2010, 11:05 AM
k. thanks for the info. that was the first time for me to get one of those. it kind of freaked me out cause i've been on here for quite a while in fact i started out using the name undertaker the had to switch cause my system went down.

The mods do a pretty good job of beating them down before they cause too much havoc; the good ol Capn has even banned spambots before they've finished registering! Haha!

Once in a while, one or two slip through the net, but they can't hurt you unless you click on links they send.