PDA

View Full Version : Monster Squad Remake

slickwilly13
19-Mar-2010, 03:23 PM
Platinum Dunes will ass rape another remake. I am sure The Pizz will comment about this.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19519/?pg=2

bassman
19-Mar-2010, 03:29 PM
I haven't seen it recently, but from what I remember the original isn't exactly a cinematic classic. And it's not like it has sequels in the works. A remake wouldn't hurt a thing...

MikePizzoff
19-Mar-2010, 03:52 PM
Might not be a classic for you, Bman, but I grew up on that film. I still watch it every now and then and still love the shit outta it.

Who wants to bet the remake doesn't have classic Universal Monsters, but instead has new-fangled pieces of crap?

Thanks for ruining my day, Will!

darth los
19-Mar-2010, 04:35 PM
Atleast they're getting it now. Remake films that actually NEED it like this one and Clash of the titans and leave the films that couldn't possibly be improved upon alone.

That is all.

:cool:

wayzim
19-Mar-2010, 08:32 PM
Atleast they're getting it now. Remake films that actually NEED it like this one and Clash of the titans and leave the films that couldn't possibly be improved upon alone.

That is all.

:cool:

Monster Squad was a cute film, but why remake it?
"Wolfman has Nads! "

Clash of The Titans. Being old, and a rabid Ray Harryhausen fan (King of Stop Animation. )I would've called you out on any of his other movies but this one.
I wish I could defend it, but Clash was unfortunately a weak sister followup to Jason and The Argonauts and the mechanical owl a concession to the Star Wars fans ( R2D2 with wings ).
That, and the animation was actually less then his earlier work. I'd say it was because most of the money went to the parade of big names who largely played the Olympians (like Ursula Andress, Claire Bloom, Maggie Smith and Larry Olivier ) but Harryhausen had done better on a much smaller budget.
I like the man, meet him at a con and he was one of the coolest guys you could ever talk to. Still, I felt bad that Titans didn't rock.
A remake? however, when there's so much other mythology to bring to the big screen?
Hey! Now that God of War 3 is coming out, why not a movie? Will Ferrell as Kratos!

Wayne Z
"I speak of no man. " Jason to Hercules in the most excellent Jason and The Argonauts (1963)

AcesandEights
19-Mar-2010, 09:20 PM
Shit...they're remaking kids movies that I was too old to want to watch in my movie-watching heyday?! :(

You ruined my day too, Will.