PDA

View Full Version : What is your fav horror movie scene non zombie related?

HLS
04-Mar-2006, 03:27 AM
Me and Andy kinda talked on this. I would say it is Hellraiser II the uncut version. One scene where the doctor brought the mental patient to his house and sat him on the mattress and handed him a knife. He slashed himself, blood everywhere and the womens body rose up from hell. Seeing a skinless human walking around is rather cool.

Eyebiter
04-Mar-2006, 08:47 PM
The dinner sequence in Alien. Completely unexpected. On minute the crew is eating dinner, trading insults, and enjoying a few beers before going into hypersleep. The next second...

Andy
04-Mar-2006, 10:44 PM
i always had a soft spot for when jason grabs the girl out of the boat at the end of friday the 13th part 1.

love it. its so unexpected! how a jump-scare should be done :D

Adrenochrome
04-Mar-2006, 11:03 PM
Let's Scare Jessica to Death - 1971 - it's a "psychological horror" if that counts.
http://www.esplatter.com/images/am/letsscarejessicatodeath2.jpg

Number 2 would be Suspiria By Dario Argento
http://www.wickedlyscary.com/images/suspiria.jpg

Neil
05-Mar-2006, 07:31 AM
A couple of scenes in Jaws... A couple in The Exorcist... And the girl coming towards, and then out of the TV in "Ring"... :eek:

jdog
05-Mar-2006, 07:53 AM
i would have to say my fav scene is in "maniac" when tom savini gets his head blown off in the car.

LoSTBoY
05-Mar-2006, 04:36 PM
I'd say 'Session 9' had a few good scares. Just the whole atmosphere of the old Asylum building is creepy, especially the tunnels.

The spike thing sticking out of the corner of the guys eye, he is still alive but his brains have been mushed up so he is basically a vegetable walking around naked, creepy.

Probably the best scene is the climax, where everything becomes clear and the final session tape is played. :sneaky:

HLS
05-Mar-2006, 08:10 PM
Ya! The dinner scene in Alien was awesome

glsjaw
05-Mar-2006, 11:12 PM
as a big Friday fan the ending scene in 1 is good but my fav would be after Tommy decides to end the life of our favorite mass murdere at the end of Fiday 4, the way the machete thuds into the side of jasons face and when he hits the ground and slides down, classic.

Adrenochrome
06-Mar-2006, 03:37 AM
gotta add one to my list -

Pulse - 2001; Japanese Horror written and directed by Kiyoshi Kurosawa.

Very creepy "ghost story/end of the world" horror flick!! If you guys haven't seen this one, put it on you list!

jdog
06-Mar-2006, 04:27 AM
i have always liked the kevin bacon kill scene in "friday the 13th" awsome savini effects.

DeadJonas190
06-Mar-2006, 05:18 AM
It is the scene in the Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen where Regan is walking backwards down the stairs and her head turns... that is one of the only scenes in any movie that scares the **** out of me. For some reason the complete unnaturalness of that scene freaks me out. I am getting the chills just thinking of it...

Adrenochrome
06-Mar-2006, 11:56 AM
It is the scene in the Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen where Regan is walking backwards down the stairs and her head turns... that is one of the only scenes in any movie that scares the **** out of me. For some reason the complete unnaturalness of that scene freaks me out. I am getting the chills just thinking of it...

That scene is VERY creepy, man!!!
There's a scene in The Exorcism of Emily Rose where she's laying on the floor, contorted in this insane position staring up at her boyfriend that gave me the willies!!

tju1973
06-Mar-2006, 12:40 PM
where she cuts his--- umm buddy off...
:eek:

p2501
06-Mar-2006, 02:47 PM
Signs

the part where they come back to the TV, and it's just the "pattern signal". that gets me every single time.

also the "molotov chase sequence" from 28 days later.

Neil
06-Mar-2006, 07:02 PM
That scene is VERY creepy, man!!!
There's a scene in The Exorcism of Emily Rose where she's laying on the floor, contorted in this insane position staring up at her boyfriend that gave me the willies!!

Why do you think they cut it out?

Is The Exorcism of Emily Rose worth watching?

Adrenochrome
06-Mar-2006, 07:05 PM
Is The Exorcism of Emily Rose worth watching?

I liked it. I was expecting a rip-off of The Exorcist but it turned out to be a decent watch. It's an interesting twist to the "Demonically possessed" genre - worth watching at least once.

bassman
07-Mar-2006, 03:40 PM
I would have to say the scene in "Donnie Darko" when he hears the "Wake up...." voice and then walks outside to see Frank The Bunny standing across the lawn.

The first time I saw that, it sent chills down my spine.....weird stuff. Props to Richard Kelly for creating that bunny mask. It's very memorable and quite freaky the first time around.

Anyone else notice that the back of the original R1 DVD for "Donnie Darko" is so incorrect? I don't have it with me but it says something along the lines of "Donnie Darko must save the world from a demonic bunny". Demonic bunny???.....did the marketing people even watch the film?...

Cereval
07-Mar-2006, 11:51 PM
Exorcist III: the extreme long shot down the hallway guarding Father Dyer's room ... no music, no pan, no zoom ... just minutes of tension before the white cloaked figure rushes the frame with shears the size of my car and a music cue that makes me soil myself while simultaneously screaming like a small girl.

http://www.preciousnightmare.com/exorcist3.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

HLS
08-Mar-2006, 04:47 AM
The exorcism of emily rose was a good movie. The scene where she was in the church and bent backwards creeped me out.

jdog
09-Mar-2006, 02:06 AM
i forgot about that scene in exorsist 3. it scared the crap out of me and my brother when i was young

Dead_Leader
09-Mar-2006, 01:19 PM
I liked that scene in Exorcist 3. I was sitting at home with some friends watching it, and when that scene came up, I fell backwards in my chair, I jumped so hard...

Omega
14-Mar-2006, 09:58 PM
3 words: Bear. Costume. Dude.

From the Shining, near the end when Wendy finally realizes something's wrong with the place and is running around looking for Danny, see turns a corner and sees, in an open room down the hall, for absolutely no explainable reason, this:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e26/LightningLice/furry2.jpg

Not exactly scary, but damned unsettling nonetheless. My Fav.

dogma789
15-Mar-2006, 12:58 AM
Post deleted.

Tri0xin
15-Mar-2006, 01:18 AM
between a few of them.

In the original Salem's Lot when Danny Glick pops out of his coffin and bites Mike Ryerson (the gravedigger)

The autopsy in John Carpenter's The Thing

The dinner scene in Alien

Michael Myers disappearing after Dr. Loomis shoots him off the balcony in the original Halloween

Little Jason jumping up and grabbing the girl out of the boat in the original Friday the 13th

The quacking voice on New York Ripper

The phone caller in Black Christmas

The old man at the beginning of Silent Night, Deadly Night

etc, etc, etc.

Danny
15-Mar-2006, 05:55 AM
hmm heres a few that scared me.

the grudge remake - the scene where the woman is being chased home and the thing is turning the lights off the stiars different levels and its going "u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-...", granted it was a ****e film but it was still scary.

mothman prophecies - most horror fans hate this film but f-u i dug it!, and found myself thoroughly creeped out.

i found a home movie of myself watching one of the howling films and enjoying it, and i was about 4 ,then inspector gadget comes on and i run behind the sofa screaming,lol.

league of gentlemenchristmas special - papa lazarou, need i say more? "HELLO DAVE!"

i know they werent meant to be but i found those old schnapz 'judderman' as profoudnly creepy.

the blair witch was a little scary when they whent into the house at the end.

jhonny depp & meichal jackson - in general.

my favourite scary moment has to be after watching audition, in general i was paranoid of strangers for about three weeks.

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh there are so many but one of the ones that really sticks out for me the last couple years is the scene in Audition where psycho chick is waiting by the phone for the dad to call her. In the background is a big duffel-looking bag. When the phone finally rings the bag suddenly lurches and rolls to one side. That just freaked me out.