PDA

View Full Version : anyone want a cheap NOTLD novelization

axlish
20-Apr-2010, 12:05 PM
get it while its hot!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Night-Living-Dead-Movie-Tie-in-1981-w-Whotos-/120559198186?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item1c11e35fea

zombiekiller
20-Apr-2010, 10:42 PM
get it while its hot!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Night-Living-Dead-Movie-Tie-in-1981-w-Whotos-/120559198186?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item1c11e35fea

that's the same book i got. that one and return of the living dead(not about the movie) and dawn. wish some one would write a day of the dead book. then i would have the whole set. just like the movies.

ProfessorChaos
20-Apr-2010, 10:55 PM
already got a copy of it, along with the return of the living dead novel...which i've never read. anyone bothered reading that one? can't be as bad as the film bearing the same name...:shifty:

zombiekiller
21-Apr-2010, 02:46 PM
already got a copy of it, along with the return of the living dead novel...which i've never read. anyone bothered reading that one? can't be as bad as the film bearing the same name...:shifty:

it's not about the movie. it takes place after night and the beginning of dawn i guess you could say. it's a real good book. you will like it. after you read it let me know what you think of it. i liked it a lot.

ProfessorChaos
21-Apr-2010, 04:40 PM
thanks for the mini-review. think i'll finally get around to reading it sometime this summer (right now i've got two books i'm working on and one on the back burner)

wayzim
23-Apr-2010, 03:03 AM
it's not about the movie. it takes place after night and the beginning of dawn i guess you could say. it's a real good book. you will like it. after you read it let me know what you think of it. i liked it a lot.

Since ROTLD(The novel ) was writ by Russo under a separate publisher than the Susanna Sparrow book, it could be considered an alternate universe to the Romero one. In truth the Dawn novel is subtitled the sequel to Night.
Make what you will of that.

Wayne Z

Mr.G
25-Apr-2010, 02:49 AM
I took the plunge and bought it from this auction. Hopefully it arrives quickly.

DjfunkmasterG
29-Apr-2010, 10:28 AM
The Return book isn't too bad, I am however gald they didn't make a movie from that book because it would not have translated very well. i was extremely happy to see Dan O'Bannon re-do everything and only keep the title since it was Producer Tom Fox who bought the rights.

Neil
30-Apr-2010, 04:17 PM

The Return book is what got me into all this stuff!!! One of my school mates borrowed it and never gave it back again :(

zombiekiller
30-Apr-2010, 11:03 PM
The Return book is what got me into all this stuff!!! One of my school mates borrowed it and never gave it back again :(

that bites. i never loan out my books like that one. they got it at amazon if you want another copy. i'm lucky, i got night, return and dawn.

krakenslayer
30-Apr-2010, 11:12 PM
The Return book isn't too bad, I am however gald they didn't make a movie from that book because it would not have translated very well. i was extremely happy to see Dan O'Bannon re-do everything and only keep the title since it was Producer Tom Fox who bought the rights.

Is there anything at all carried over from the book? Any themes or sub-plots or set pieces or character names or anything? Heck, even The Lawnmower Man had one brief sequence that was inspired by the short story.