PDA

View Full Version : Vamp

acealive1
07-May-2010, 06:29 PM
has anyone seen this underrated vampire flick? classic 80's but not over the top.

grace jones, chris makepeace,robert russler,and gedde watanabe star.

pretty solid film that would do so much better in modern times

darth los
07-May-2010, 06:58 PM
has anyone seen this underrated vampire flick? classic 80's but not over the top.

Billy Drago doesn't get an honorable mention? I'm suprised at you buddy. :p

Yeah, vampires in a strip club. One of my fav films from back in the day. It was actually on a videotape along with the original dawn and Super inframan.

Man did I wear that cassestte out. :lol:

:cool:

wayzim
07-May-2010, 07:16 PM

I'm not sure I'm ready for this one to be remade. It was very much an 80's movie ( as you said ) but a new version would be hard pressed to beat out the Amazonian Diva as a totally wacked Mistress of the Night. Or Billy Drago (The Adventures of Brisco County Jr, The Untouchables ... etc ) as a funky albino Igor style barker.
I really only remember Makepeace from three movies. My Bodyguard, Vamp, and some future shock (we're running out of fuel scenario ) film with Lee Majors, The Last Chase.
Robert Rusler? He was Robert Downey Jr's bud from Weird Science.

Wayne Z

AcesandEights
07-May-2010, 07:28 PM
I watched the hell out of that movie when I was a kid. It's nice, and I agree under-rated, 80s cheese, to me.

I recently caught it on TV sometime over the last year and it was still a fun, nostalgic watch for me. Drago is great for a bad guy or any sort of eerie looking character, and don't forget Gedde Watanabe.

Whatever happened to Christopher Makepeace, anyway? I mean no other major work that I'm aware after the 80s.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

I
I really only remember Makepeace from three movies. My Bodyguard, Vamp, and some future shock (we're running out of fuel scenario ) film with Lee Majors, The Last Chase.

Meatballs, My Bodyguard, Mazes and Monsters and...ummm...there's got to be a few more I'm forgetting. He was basically very active for the 80s and then...:dead:

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

He was Robert Downey Jr's bud from Weird Science.

Wayne Z

Wow, I'd never have noticed that, completely different look because of the hair for that role.

DjfunkmasterG
07-May-2010, 10:42 PM
+1 for VAMP. Always loved that film and watched the shit out of my VHS of it. One I will blind buy on Blu-Ray when it hits

acealive1
08-May-2010, 05:13 PM
Billy Drago doesn't get an honorable mention? I'm suprised at you buddy. :p

Yeah, vampires in a strip club. One of my fav films from back in the day. It was actually on a videotape along with the original dawn and Super inframan.

Man did I wear that cassestte out. :lol:

:lol:

sorry i almost forgot :( 3 coffees, black...........to go

Ghostdude
17-Jun-2010, 03:37 PM
I LOVE VAMP.I don't know what happened to that movie it got so quickly forgotten about.

darth los
17-Jun-2010, 03:51 PM
I LOVE VAMP.I don't know what happened to that movie it got so quickly forgotten about.

It won't be as soon as they remake it, which can't be far off.

The industry is totally bankrupt of ideas at this point so it makes sense.

AcesandEights
17-Jun-2010, 04:00 PM

I think it was a lower budget product of the times and easily dismissed by people who probably wouldn't appreciate both the genre and the fun way the film approached it. It's a shame too, but the film lives on.

darth los
17-Jun-2010, 04:31 PM
I think it was a lower budget product of the times and easily dismissed by people who probably wouldn't appreciate both the genre and the fun way the film approached it. It's a shame too, but the film lives on.

It's definitely a film I need to own.

So many of my favs are of the "cult" variety and unfortunately never even sniff network airwaves. :(

rongravy
19-Jun-2010, 07:36 AM
It won't be as soon as they remake it, which can't be far off.

The industry is totally bankrupt of ideas at this point so it makes sense.

Shhhhh, they might hear you.:shifty:

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jun-2010, 08:10 AM
Hell yeah it is available on DVD Via eBay.

Just scooped one up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VAMP-Grace-Jones-Dedee-Pfeiffer-Cult-Classic-NEW-DVD-/250365324987?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3a4aefaebb

acealive1
20-Jun-2010, 08:53 PM
Hell yeah it is available on DVD Via eBay.

Just scooped one up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VAMP-Grace-Jones-Dedee-Pfeiffer-Cult-Classic-NEW-DVD-/250365324987?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3a4aefaebb

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/productID/7D5F3A13-BF4E-4CC3-BBE4-94659B4CDA67/

rongravy
20-Jun-2010, 09:06 PM
I thought it was on dvd because wayyyy back I swear my rental place had a copy but it was all scratched up to the point of being unplayable until they took it off the shelf.
Would like to see it again because Grace was creepy enough without what they did to her in that.
I had nightmares after seeing her naughty pictorial with Dolph back in the day.
Scareh.

clanglee
20-Jun-2010, 09:12 PM
I used to LOVE Vamp. I used to have Vamp and American Werewolf in London on the same tape and I watched both movies religiously.