PDA

View Full Version : Question about The Zombies That Ate Pittsburgh

artguy2133
18-May-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi all,
I just registered today to ask a question of the more knowledgeable members here.
I was cleaning out some things in storage and came across a copy of The Zombies That Ate Pittsburgh. This is the hardcover signed edition.
I remember vaguely buying this sometime in the 80s. I must of thought that it would be worth something, because I double wrapped it in those plastic sleeves that you put comics in.
I pulled it out and saw that it was numbered 56 of 350.
The signature of Romero has the phrase "Stay Scared" written above it.
It is also signed by Paul R. Gagne.
I guess it would be considered near-mint.
Now my question...what would be the value of this book? I've seen prices as high as $750. I'm thinking of selling it locally on Graigslist and wondered what kind of price I should ask for it.
I thought that someone who frequents a zombie themed forum would have an idea about something like this.
Thanks so much for your time.
regards,
Jeff

bassman
18-May-2010, 05:08 PM
$750? Wow that seems steep. You sure that wasn't some rare edition going for that much?

There's a "like new" copy on Ebay with a buy it now of 90 bucks. Don't know if that helps you out any...

artguy2133
18-May-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi Bassman,
I didn't see the $90 one on Ebay. This is the Signed and numbered hardcover edition, not the soft-cover.
Thanks for the reply,

Jeff

Yojimbo
12-Jul-2010, 06:49 AM
Nice price if you can get that sort of cash for the item. 700+ is a bit steep, but good luck to you all the same.

artguy2133
12-Jul-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi all,
Where would I find an appraisal site that would be able to give me a value of this book?
Thanks,
Jeff

Mr.G
13-Jul-2010, 01:00 AM
There were several people getting theirs signed at the Famous Monster Convention last weekend. I've always wanted a copy of my own!

artguy2133
13-Jul-2010, 08:09 PM
Man... I would have loved to have gone to that:(

wayzim
04-Nov-2010, 03:19 AM
There were several people getting theirs signed at the Famous Monster Convention last weekend. I've always wanted a copy of my own!

Yep, I got my copy( the tradeback first edition( 87) signed by Romero about four years ago.
He was kinda amused about it, probably since I didn't have the author's sig,
I guess that's next, if Gagne is making the rounds of cons.

Wayne Z