PDA

View Full Version : TAURUS remaking Day... AGAIN...

krakenslayer
19-May-2010, 07:33 PM
In 3D...

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/20283

JDFP
19-May-2010, 07:34 PM
Someone please load two bullets into your gun, that way after you use it I can take it for the second bullet.

j.p.

bassman
19-May-2010, 07:38 PM
If it's anything like Miner's remake it should be a blast.

Mike70
19-May-2010, 07:46 PM
this is the sort of thing that i would've preferred never to have heard about.

capncnut
19-May-2010, 07:46 PM
Quite agree, Bassman. I thought Miner's remake was better than the original!

bassman
19-May-2010, 07:51 PM
Romero's is too dark and serious. I like the light hearted adventures of Bud.

capncnut
19-May-2010, 07:52 PM
Ceiling scuttlers FTW! :thumbsup:

Mike70
19-May-2010, 07:55 PM
Romero's is too dark and serious. I like the light hearted adventures of Bud.

i found that all quite moving. how bud's inner vegetarian made him a kinder, gentler zombie. i wept during that part.

EvilNed
19-May-2010, 07:57 PM
i found that all quite moving. how bud's inner vegetarian made him a kinder, gentler zombie. i wept during that part.

Yeah, and Mena Suvari is such a great actor. What a great cast in general! Nick Cannon was so excellent in character! You can tell he's method!

krakenslayer
19-May-2010, 07:57 PM
The original remake was brilliant. The remade remake is in 3D so it will be at least three times better again. Fact.

bassman
19-May-2010, 07:58 PM
Let's not forget that Ving Rhames' wide, wide range of acting skills brings the whole project to another level.

Mike70
19-May-2010, 08:11 PM
Let's not forget that Ving Rhames' wide, wide range of acting skills brings the whole project to another level.

an award winning performance all around. he's the only actor this generation with the acting expertise of fredric march rolled up in the masculinity of john wayne, combined with the sex appeal of james dean. how he's never won an oscar is beyond me.

romero should really be picking miner's brain for all his film making wisdom.

EvilNed
19-May-2010, 08:15 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the short running time, tho. They could easily have slapped another half-an-hour or so on that masterpiece, and you'd have no complaints from me.

darth los
19-May-2010, 08:43 PM

makes you wanna watch dawn 04' all over agian don't it? :lol:

:cool:

JonOfTheShred
19-May-2010, 09:29 PM

Another Day remake? :shifty: Really, again?

I guess it can't possibly get WORSE than the combined efforts of Contagium and Day 2008.

Can it? :rockbrow:

EDIT: I didn't realize there was a thread in the other forum for this, delete this one when possible

acealive1
19-May-2010, 09:45 PM
if its a REAL remake, same plot and characters but not shot for shot.........i'd go see it.

capncnut
19-May-2010, 10:31 PM
I didn't realize there was a thread in the other forum for this, delete this one when possible
The search function is your friend. Threads merged and moved to appropriate forum.

darth los
20-May-2010, 03:36 AM
In 3D...

The genre is in danger of not being taken seriously. :(

MinionZombie
20-May-2010, 10:18 AM
The genre is in danger of not being taken seriously. :(

Damn straight.

I mean wtf is this bullshit? These Taurus guys define the term "losers". Not content with making two shit festivals, they've gotta pinch off another deformed loaf of name-rape.

Tossers.

BillyRay
20-May-2010, 02:14 PM
if its a REAL remake, same plot and characters but not shot for shot.........i'd go see it.

If somebody attempted to film the original Day of the Dead script, the one Romero intended to be the "Gone With the Wind of zombie films", I would be interested.

Because THAT would be Epic. Right guys?

bassman
20-May-2010, 02:29 PM
EPIC!!! Word of the month here at HPotD. :lol:

I'm looking forward to this re-re-make of Day. Day08 is actually a very fun movie to watch with your buddies and a couple of beers. It's one of those films that is so shitty it's funny. Like Batman and Robin. I wouldn't pay for it, but I've got it on the DVR for just those kinds of occasions.

If this is another crapfest that's good for cheese fun with friends, i'll be happy. But I definitely don't expect it to be good...

mista_mo
20-May-2010, 02:42 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the short running time, tho. They could easily have slapped another half-an-hour or so on that masterpiece, and you'd have no complaints from me.

I agree completely, as usual Ned. I personally felt that the best character in the movie was tat lone soldier at the radio station, however. That brave, beautiful man left the radio station just to attempt to protect the DJ. I seriously wept manly tears as he was killed, and I had to look away from the screen, and console myself in a vast vat of gravy and cheese curds.

Ving Rhames death was also heart wrenching. He had the battle plan, opened the door, and suddenly wham, zombies everywhere. I think that he deserves a best actor win at every award show for that. They way he flailed his chiseled arms into the jumping zombie was pretty much the manliest thing ever, and the wide range of emotion that his pudding like face emanated as he was killed will haunt my dreams forever.

Legion2213
24-May-2010, 07:52 PM
You people are fucking brutal! :lol:

This thread reminds me of the amazon reviews for "Vanilla Ice's" big screen debut (if you haven't read them, you should). :cool:

bassman
24-May-2010, 08:30 PM
You people are fucking brutal! :lol:

This thread reminds me of the amazon reviews for "Vanilla Ice's" big screen debut (if you haven't read them, you should). :cool:

"Drop the zero and get with tha hero!"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_s5Ksld9YIm0/ShSI_MM2ICI/AAAAAAAAAK4/Y-doa6ka2ho/s400/coolasice1.jpg

Another fun one to pick apart.

darth los
24-May-2010, 08:41 PM
Damn straight.

I mean wtf is this bullshit? These Taurus guys define the term "losers". Not content with making two shit festivals, they've gotta pinch off another deformed loaf of name-rape.

Tossers.

I think that's why we are so disapointed with Ga'rs more recent offerings. Imo, they aren't much different than the straight to video/sy fy stuff you see on there every week.

If he can't do it, then who can? (Did that just sound like a cheer? :lol:)

But with crap like this and the Zomedies why should anyone look at what the genre has become and not take it seriously.

Who outside of these forums (and others) seriously thinks that a zombie film can also at the same time be a great film?

Imo, Dawnof the dead is that. It's not just in my top ten zombie films of all time but in my top 10 period.

Damn are my fingers ever crossed that world war Z is the goods because there aren't going to be too many more opportunities to get funding for a "serious" , epic zombie film such as that has the potential to be.

EvilNed
24-May-2010, 08:59 PM
I agree completely, as usual Ned. I personally felt that the best character in the movie was tat lone soldier at the radio station, however. That brave, beautiful man left the radio station just to attempt to protect the DJ. I seriously wept manly tears as he was killed, and I had to look away from the screen, and console myself in a vast vat of gravy and cheese curds.

Ving Rhames death was also heart wrenching. He had the battle plan, opened the door, and suddenly wham, zombies everywhere. I think that he deserves a best actor win at every award show for that. They way he flailed his chiseled arms into the jumping zombie was pretty much the manliest thing ever, and the wide range of emotion that his pudding like face emanated as he was killed will haunt my dreams forever.

I remember being so haunted by that moment. I knew inside that some of the characters would bite the dust, but as I had really grown to symphatize with the soldiers (And Bud especially, for the record) and wanted them all to make it out alive. I was cursing at the zombies when I watched that movie. It was so horrible.

Danny
24-May-2010, 09:06 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/alanmoore.jpg

NNNNNYYYYYYYAAAARRRGHHHHHHBGLHBLGLHLGBLGL!

AnxietyDilemma
30-May-2010, 08:50 AM
I would love to see a quality remake of Day that takes Romero's original script into consideration, but instead we keep getting one garbage release after another.

Yojimbo
31-May-2010, 03:30 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/alanmoore.jpg

NNNNNYYYYYYYAAAARRRGHHHHHHBGLHBLGLHLGBLGL!

Hilarious!!:lol: This thread rules.

Andy
31-May-2010, 04:10 AM

He is definately the Mr.T of this generation.

Trin
01-Jun-2010, 02:11 PM
I have to believe that anyone who wants to see the original Day script come to film has never read it.

And if anyone is causing zombie movies to be taken less seriously it is GAR himself. He even says so in that Times article linked in the Survival forum.

Q: How do you keep zombies fresh?

A: With CG, I can do more and be sillier. In "Diary," there's a scene where they hit a guy with acid and the camera is never off him, and you see it gradually eat through his skull and get all the way through his brain. That's fun too. There are a couple of real Looney Tunes and Coyote/Roadrunner moments in this film that I could never have done without CG. I guess I'm a kid in a candy store.

I've been able to stick with this genre I've loved since I was a kid. I grew up on DC comic books and "Tales From the Crypt," which were all loaded with humor, bad jokes and puns. I can have that kind of fun and make these comic book movies, but at the same time talk about things I want to talk about — whether it's consumerism or the Bush administration or war.

This is probably evidence that we've missed the point all along. They were never supposed to be serious. :S

bassman
01-Jun-2010, 02:24 PM
This is probably evidence that we've missed the point all along. They were never supposed to be serious. :S

If you missed the slapstick stuff in Dawn, you're just not watching....

darth los
01-Jun-2010, 04:25 PM

I have to believe that anyone who wants to see the original Day script come to film has never read it.

And if anyone is causing zombie movies to be taken less seriously it is GAR himself. He even says so in that Times article linked in the Survival forum.

In dawn that's definitely the case.

However, that does not apply to night or day, so...

Trin
01-Jun-2010, 05:17 PM
The pie fight. What else?

darth los
01-Jun-2010, 05:31 PM
The pie fight. What else?

I also enjoyed the lighthearted moments they shared after clearing out the mall when they were in the arcade and supermarket and stuff.

Funny though, both of those examples feel very "right" in that film in a way that it could never have in night or day.

bassman
01-Jun-2010, 05:52 PM
Funny though, both of those examples feel very "right" in that film in a way that it could never have in night or day.

Yeah. As we've heard Romero say a billion times...Dawn is a comic book romp. What else is there besides the pie fight? How long do you have?:p

The guy giving the bunny ears in the tv station, Blades having a switch blade comb, the blood pressure monitor, santa clause, vibrant blood, blue faces, fat guy bumping into things, funny music, etc, etc. These are just a few off the top of my head.

Someone should put a video up on youtube with all the silly stuff. Cut it with some Benny Hill music or something. That way when fanboys defend Dawn as a serious film, we'll have proof of the silly. :lol:

Trin
01-Jun-2010, 06:57 PM
Hmm... I see the point, but I don't see those moments as being comedic slapstick as much as I see them pointing out the humor of the situation. Zombies would be riding escalators and falling down. Zombies would be bouncing off walls. That kind of thing reinforced that the zombies were more pitiful than malicious. The TV guy making bunny ears - can't you see that happening as the authority structure breaks down? It added to the tension of the newsroom.

All the scenes of biker stupidity made sense in the context of the film. Was the pie fight scene silly? Yeah. But it also displayed the casual disdain and mockery that the bikers showed for the zombies.

I guess I never looked at that as the director making a joke. It was more the director spotlighting dark humor of the situation.

A few Survival spoilers...

I compare that against the fire extinguisher scene in Survival. It made no sense on any level. It was akin to Shaun throwing records at a zombie in the backyard. It was just farcical.

Now compare that against the zombie driving the car on the ferryboat. I thought that was well done. It worked in the context of the film. It made sense with what we saw of zombie behavior and capabilities. Yet it was kinda silly, but a plausible silly.

You might laugh, but there is one thing I really hate about the pie fight scene. Why would there be trays full of pies after all those months?

bassman
01-Jun-2010, 07:03 PM
If the pies bothered you, the bread with no mold must have driven you insane. Cheese, as well...

Trin
02-Jun-2010, 07:31 PM
If the pies bothered you, the bread with no mold must have driven you insane. Cheese, as well...
Thanks. I ... hadn't noticed that before. And now I'll never be able to NOT notice it.... :(

bassman
02-Jun-2010, 07:52 PM
How did you not see the bread, dude? There's an entire scene/joke about it!:lol:

Trin
02-Jun-2010, 09:49 PM
Are you talking about the loaves of pumpernickel that Roger and Peter pick up? If so, that was.. what... maybe a month into it? I can believe that stuff was still okay at that point. The cheese should have at least a 3 month shelf life. The sausage, 8 months or more. The bread.... errr... maybe a month. Brown breads last a while.

I was only thinking of the pies because of it being 8 months into it and them having cream topping. Ick.

bassman
02-Jun-2010, 09:52 PM
Well the pies were just whipped creme in a pan. :p

BillyRay
02-Jun-2010, 09:56 PM
Well the pies were just whipped creme in a pan. :p

That's why the bikers could waste them freely on a pie fight.

And there's a simple expanation for the bread - it was the 70's, man.

They really knew how to add preservatives back then.

Mangia! HAWHAW HAW!!

Trin
02-Jun-2010, 10:04 PM
Well the pies were just whipped creme in a pan. :pAla Revenge of the Nerds. Those were some good pies.

bassman
02-Jun-2010, 10:08 PM
Ala Revenge of the Nerds. Those were some good pies.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eXQh6Qsh7Z8/Sjg_5TpgqwI/AAAAAAAABTw/Dy5kxXr3GLo/s400/nerds-hairpie-1.jpg

darth los
03-Jun-2010, 11:49 PM
How did you not see the bread, dude? There's an entire scene/joke about it!:lol:

That was a really good bonding moment betwwen stephen and peter.

The relationship had seemed advasarial up until the mall had been cleard out.

Maybe because Stephen knew roger had one foot in the grave and he better get on the big black man's good side?

acealive1
10-Jun-2010, 02:12 PM
will it actually be a direct remake of the original day? if so, the arms through the wall scene is gonna scare people shitless

darth los
10-Jun-2010, 03:19 PM
will it actually be a direct remake of the original day? if so, the arms through the wall scene is gonna scare people shitless

Scares like that are few and far between nowdays.

In recent years it's been all about the gore factor.

acealive1
16-Jun-2010, 02:22 AM
not sure if this was said already, but danny huston is aboard

DjfunkmasterG
25-Aug-2010, 11:20 PM
not sure if this was said already, but danny huston is aboard

His only writing credit... and it is not Zombie DAY of the DEAD. It is a completely different film with that title.

In other news, and being the guy who likes to hang his balls out there regardless of the outcome. I fired off an email to Taurus on this flick offering my services:

Jim/Anna,

I understand you are about to go into production on Another version of Day of the Dead, and I am aware that the last two efforts were not well received in the horror community among zombie fans. I in no way mean that as a swipe or bad thing about either flick, it is just hard to please this fan base.

You may or may not remember me from building your website for Day Contagium back in 2005 and handling some of the earlier PR. I also handled PR for the DAWN remake and guest spotted as a zombie in Romero’s LAND (2005).

Since 2006 I have been making my own films, Deadlands: The Rising and Deadlands 2 Trapped. Deadlands 2 has been very well received and is leading to bigger and better things… however what really interests me is this next version of Day of the Dead you have coming up. I would like to be considered as the films director. I am able to work on tight budgets and bring out a quality product.

Here is the trailer link for Deadlands 2, my $6,000.00 Budgeted Zombie flick that has been nominated 8 times and has won 3 awards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oidl3mtkeFo

I believe this trailer will show you the quality I can bring forth on a miniscule budget with the team I use for making movies and my team and I feel we can bring you the Day of the Dead remake film you need and ZOMBIE fans want. I have also pasted my recent press release for my award wins in Washington, DC

If you have any questions please feel free to call me

My number XXX-XXX-XXXX

Thanks

Gary Ugarek

Yeah its a fucking longshot, but I don't want to see another Day 08 or Contagium, so I said fuck it and took the initiative to see if they will hand of the directors chair.

Mr.G
26-Aug-2010, 01:11 AM
His only writing credit... and it is not Zombie DAY of the DEAD. It is a completely different film with that title.

In other news, and being the guy who likes to hang his balls out there regardless of the outcome. I fired off an email to Taurus on this flick offering my services:

Yeah its a fucking longshot, but I don't want to see another Day 08 or Contagium, so I said fuck it and took the initiative to see if they will hand of the directors chair.

Best of luck....anything to avoid the last two remakes.

MinionZombie
26-Aug-2010, 09:25 AM
Best of luck....anything to avoid the last two remakes.
Indeed.

Ghey08 and Craptagium were hellish abominations of turditude.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Aug-2010, 12:35 PM
Indeed.

Ghey08 and Craptagium were hellish abominations of turditude.

Which if I can get this gig I would hope to avoid.

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 12:41 PM
Which if I can get this gig I would hope to avoid.

But...but....you think Dawn04 is the greatest zombie movie of the last 20 years. Not a good start, deej. Not a good start. :p

And lay off of Day08 damn it. I like that movie.:o

DjfunkmasterG
26-Aug-2010, 12:43 PM
But...but....you think Dawn04 is the greatest zombie movie of the last 20 years. Not a good start, deej. Not a good start. :p

It is... I also dig Shaun and Zombieland, but in terms of Epic Zombie Action Horror... Dawn 04 is the best

Trin
26-Aug-2010, 06:04 PM
Deej loves the zombie baby. What a novel concept, and so well executed, he says. Second to that is the velocaraptor screams, ihho (in his humble opinion).

darth los
27-Aug-2010, 05:01 PM

I'm sure you're joking.

But in case you're not, You're comparing day 08' to dawn 04'?

It is... I also dig Shaun and Zombieland, but in terms of Epic Zombie Action Horror... Dawn 04 is the best

:thumbsup:

Deej loves the zombie baby. What a novel concept, and so well executed, he says. Second to that is the velocaraptor screams, ihho (in his humble opinion).

Which is so much worse than big daddy's yelps. :rolleyes:

And what kind of name is big daddy anyway?

I would never call a another man big anything.

Ghost Of War
27-Aug-2010, 05:33 PM
If you get the gig....runners or shamblers?

bassman
27-Aug-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm sure you're joking.

But in case you're not, You're comparing day 08' to dawn 04'?

Nah....just busting Dj's balls a bit. I do dig Day 08, though. Purely in a funny MST3K/Batman & Robin kind of way.

And Ghost....of course he would have runners. Gotta put some kiddies and tweens in the seats, don't we?:elol:

Ghost Of War
27-Aug-2010, 07:14 PM
Nah....just busting Dj's balls a bit. I do dig Day 08, though. Purely in a funny MST3K/Batman & Robin kind of way.

And Ghost....of course he would have runners. Gotta put some kiddies and tweens in the seats, don't we?:elol:

In a properly done remake of Day, there'd be no need for runners, just no need. I didn't mind the runners in Dawn '04, but there's no place for them in Day '10/'11. Might as well have them driving cars and running on the ceiling...oh, wait...

DjfunkmasterG
28-Aug-2010, 02:42 AM
You know Ghost I thought about that... and considering it is DAY of the DEAD and it needs a proper remake not the garbage that is out there... if I can get the amount of extras needed and follow Romero's formula in how he shows the devastation in Ft Meyers...

I would use Shamblers... Plus this is a Romero film we are talking about,and it would be dick-ish of me to ask you guys to support me in getting the gig then go and use RUNNERS.

This would be my only time to use Shamblers.

BillyRay
28-Aug-2010, 02:22 PM
Question Deej,

(And I s'pose for evver'body else, too)

Would you do a 'straight' remake of the original Day, or would you attempt to include elements from the original Day of the Dead script?

I s'pose you'd wind up with a sort of Day/Land hybrid.

Thoughts?

DjfunkmasterG
30-Aug-2010, 08:40 AM
I would use Romero's original Day script, and mix it with his shooting draft script

Trin
30-Aug-2010, 01:37 PM
I would use Romero's original Day script, and mix it with his shooting draft script
I don't understand how anyone can seriously consider that script film worthy. Are you gonna have the film culminate with a girl infused with nitro vials turn herself into a walking human bomb and blow up the under-mountain stronghold/pleasure den? Is Bub gonna be a quick-draw cowboy zombie?

I would have to think that if someone makes that script into a low budge Day remake it will look worse than Day '08, and probably no one except the most hardcore fans will even recognize it as an homage.

DjfunkmasterG
30-Aug-2010, 02:46 PM
Well the changes I would make would definitely be no BUB, no smart zombies, none of that crap, but keep the aspect of Logan dissecting zombies to find out what is going on... just remove the whole trying to teach aspect.

The Nitrol Vials aspect i would change into something a little more modern... along the lines of a suicide bomb, but instead of it being some type of resistance... doing it... I would have Rhodes be the one behind it, using someone from the little resistence group as a pawn to "Get their attention"

I am very open to suggestions from Zombie fans though on this... I mean I haven't heard squat back from these guys so I pretty much can rightfully say without a doubt they aren't going to give me the job, but I would be majorly open to fan input and tailor the story around that input and keeping it very horror oriented.

However, everything Romero has done recently with BD and other smart zombies... I would rightfully not use and go back to the original horror element.

I would however like to do a Terminator 2 style opening... showing everything being peachy, and over the course of the first 10-15 minutes show it all go to shit, the US government setting up these bunkers with scientists and what not... showing speeches on how they will try and get it all under control...(using a lot of the TV interview style moments from the original DAWN to set up the tone on how dire the situation really is, then fast forward 3-4 years into the devastation of the zombie infested world... by opening it right back up in FT. Meyers... I thought it would be cool to go back onto the same streets Romero used in the original DAY and then have the story unfold from there.

Of course if I could get the job and the money behind it... I would of course shoot it in 2.35:1 and maybe even some IMAX moments... I always thought it would be cool to see a ZOMBIE flick in IMAX.... NO 3D, that would be my only gripe on this project and I would do what i could to talk the powers that be out of the 3D aspect. I am like Cameron on thoughts in regards to 3D... use it right, don't use it to suck the last drops of blood out of a dying franchise.

However, my first and foremost goal would be to turn in a remake of DAY that would wash the shit stain foul tasting after math of the previous two attempts.

I guess the major question is... do any of you have faith in me to pull this off?

If so, then help me get the job. As zombie fans you can contact the production companies involved and say your peace.

Info:

Taurus Entertainment Company (James Dudelson/Ana Clavell)
Los Angeles, CA:
5555 Melrose Ave
Marx Brothers Bldg, Suite 103/104
Los Angeles, CA 90036
USA
Phn: 818-935-5157
Fax: 323-686-5379
http://www.taurusec.com/
taurusentco@yahoo.com

Millennium Films more » Los Angeles, CA:
6423 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
USA
Phn: +1 310 388 6900
Fax: +1 310 388 6901
http://www.nuimage.net/
info@nuimage.net

If any of you know me, you know I more or less bleed for the zombie genre, but I also won't praise Romeros work when I feel it is subpar, and some of you are ont he same path as I... but I know I can do this and do it right. So anyone wanna help and have their voice be heard or do we as fans want to keep bending over and taking it up the ass?