PDA

View Full Version : The Human Centipede

SymphonicX
25-May-2010, 08:06 AM
Trailer for new horror film which I've never heard of...but the trailer alone is freaky as f**k and this could potentially be one of the most unnerving horror movies in ages...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yISIXp-FK-Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yISIXp-FK-Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

EvilNed
25-May-2010, 08:14 AM
Saw it the other day. It's not that gross, really. It's disturbing at first, but the main problem with the film is that it takes it's large step into disturboville around halfway through, and after that it never pushes it any further.

Publius
25-May-2010, 10:01 AM
I've gotta say, his design for a human centipede as shown in the trailer looks pretty stupid. I expect more from a brilliant but demented evil surgeon.

SymphonicX
25-May-2010, 12:03 PM
dunno man, that freaked me out. Could you imagine having someone else's shitpipe sewn onto your throat??

LouCipherr
25-May-2010, 12:28 PM
I can't believe there were investors willing to give money to the filmmaker when he says "no, no, wait, I have this great idea... see, we sew the mouth of one person to the ass of another and so on and so on and call it the human centipede! yeah, that's it!"

How much cocaine was involved in that decision, eh? :rolleyes:

There is no other explanation for this film getting made other than heavy drugs being involved in the decision making process. For crissake, this guy can get funding for this and Dj can't get the same kind of investment for his films?! sheesh.. it's a sad world.

DjfunkmasterG
25-May-2010, 01:22 PM
Marketing, something different, it has a lot going for it, plus IFC was behind it which helps alot.

shootemindehead
25-May-2010, 01:42 PM
The only disturbing thing about that is the two stupid cunts at the beginning.

Bloody hell...do women like that really exist?

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

I know who I'll be rooting for!!!

:rant:

DjfunkmasterG
25-May-2010, 01:56 PM
The only disturbing thing about that is the two stupid cunts at the beginning.

Bloody hell...do women like that really exist?

:rant:

YES
:lol::rant:

LouCipherr
25-May-2010, 01:58 PM
Marketing, something different, it has a lot going for it, plus IFC was behind it which helps alot.

Oh, yeah, and I'm sure that marketing and the fact it's "something different" warranted a 3 million dollar budget.

Let me say that again: THREE MILLION DOLLARS FOR A MOVIE CALLED THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE!

This is truly the epitome of WHAT THE FUCK?!

slickwilly13
25-May-2010, 03:07 PM
I have kept tabs on this movie for a long time and I am not really interested in watching it. Make me wonder if the Japanese and Nazi doctors did anything like this during the war.

I did find this. A remake of the game Centipede with the movie theme.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/537029

SymphonicX
28-May-2010, 07:26 AM
OK so I saw it...
not that great, not that disturbing, definitely disgusting.
Very cliched and nothing new apart from a horrifyingly queasy concept.

EDukes
06-Aug-2010, 05:29 AM
25 minute Spoiler Alert from Tosh.0

Can't figure out how to post the video, so here's the link.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=343580&title=spoiler-alert-human-centipede

Neil
06-Aug-2010, 07:02 AM
I've gotta say, his design for a human centipede as shown in the trailer looks pretty stupid. I expect more from a brilliant but demented evil surgeon.

Bagsy only be the person at the front!!

Sammich
06-Aug-2010, 09:24 AM
It was a beautiful movie that was not only enchanted with inspiration, but brought hope for the human race.

AcesandEights
06-Aug-2010, 03:46 PM
It was a beautiful movie that was not only enchanted with inspiration, but brought hope for the human race.

Really? I thought it was kinda hot.

Okay, I actually haven't seen it yet...

Neil
25-Mar-2011, 11:49 AM
Finally got around to seeing this. It was actually better than I thought it was going to be! Overall a little tedious/slow, but a fairly solid production!

blind2d
25-Mar-2011, 12:05 PM
I still need to... Glad it didn't suck!