PDA

View Full Version : A short video with Frank Darabont about "The Walking Dead" on AMC

DeadJonas190
02-Jun-2010, 05:59 PM
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/101966-first-look-at-amcs-the-walking-dead

I posted a link because I am not sure how to post the actual video. It's a minute and a half, but makes the show sound really promising. I don't know how many of you are excited about this, but personally I cannot wait for it. I have been following "The Walking Dead" since it started and have always felt it would make a good series, so now that it is actually happening with Frank Darabont attached I am extremely excited.

bassman
02-Jun-2010, 06:31 PM
Nothin new really. Nice to see some of the designs, though.

I wonder how many Walking Dead threads we will have before this is all said and done? Hundreds? Thousands?:p

ProfessorChaos
02-Jun-2010, 07:21 PM
cool. even though i've known about this project for months now, i'm still very excited about the prospect of it. seeing the walking dead logo and the AMC logo together is a great feeling.

perhaps one of the best things about this is the WALKING aspect of it. AMC's not the type of network to pander to ADHD MTV junkies and make the zombies wall-crawling, screeching, and high-jumping track-stars just for the "I'm so startled" effect.

kidgloves
02-Jun-2010, 08:04 PM
Everybody loves zombies and George don't they.

Super pumped. Is it October yet??????
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

bassman
02-Jun-2010, 08:06 PM
Super pumped. Is it October yet??????

Not yet. But if you think about it....October is four months away and they haven't really started shooting yet. Hopefully it's not being too rushed...

darth los
02-Jun-2010, 08:24 PM
Not yet. But if you think about it....October is four months away and they haven't really started shooting yet. Hopefully it's not being too rushed...

Not a good sign...:dead:

:cool:

Rancid Carcass
03-Jun-2010, 11:43 AM

Not a good sign...:dead:

Shooting is the quickest part of any production so I wouldn't be too worried. TV series usually have two or three 'teams' working on them so it'll be pretty well covered. Most series are hardly ever completed before the first few shows of the season go to air anyway, in fact it's not unusual for episodes to be still sat in an edit suite right up until the day before broadcast, just depends on how complicated the episode is to put together etc.

This does look pretty good though, let's hope us folk on this side of the pond don't have to wait too long for it.

paulannett
03-Jun-2010, 11:59 AM
If you have a look at the pictures below the snippet, the same zombie features 3 times in varying states of decompostion. Please, please, please don't let him be the leader zombie, who just never seems to get killed... think of Robert Carlyle in 28 Weeks Later, who inexplicably avoids being killed by snipers/soldiers/civilians/firebombs/poisonous gas.

And don't let him be a Bub, or that leader zombie from that other shit-fest, Land. Smart zombies = No, no.

MinionZombie
03-Jun-2010, 12:52 PM
Dig the pictures on that site - and glad that the teeth are just coloured manky, rather than turned into orthodontic nightmares like you so often see - since when would turning into a zombie make someone's teeth change position entirely? :rockbrow:

That's always annoyed me - the teeth thing - but hopefully this series won't go for that and stick to discoloured natural teeth.

As for that recurring zombie, I dig how we see the progression - I think that might be a good thing - a leader zombie though? I don't think that's what it'd be - more a recurring role zombie, a familiar face we see now and then so you really get a sense of the decomposition and what being a zombie does to a human body - I think that'd be a cool idea.

Anyway - totally up for this - although I've not read the source material, but even still, bring it the fuck on! :thumbsup:

ProfessorChaos
03-Jun-2010, 07:24 PM
Anyway - totally up for this - although I've not read the source material, but even still, bring it the fuck on! :thumbsup:

dude, you NEED to check out the walking dead. probably the best ghoul-related story since romero's big three.

kidgloves
03-Jun-2010, 08:11 PM
Iike the way they keep referring to Breaking Bad. If this is anywhere close to the quality of that series were in for a real treat.

ProfessorChaos
03-Jun-2010, 08:29 PM
ah, another breaking bad fan....good to see another one on this site. i started a thread about that show and it only had a few replies...feel free to dig it up and talk about the show...wonder what's jesse's got up his sleeve....

but yeah, if the walking dead is as well written and produced as breaking bad, it will be terrific.

shootemindehead
04-Jun-2010, 12:02 AM
Dig the pictures on that site - and glad that the teeth are just coloured manky, rather than turned into orthodontic nightmares like you so often see - since when would turning into a zombie make someone's teeth change position entirely? :rockbrow:

That's always annoyed me - the teeth thing - but hopefully this series won't go for that and stick to discoloured natural teeth.

Aye, it's good that the "orthodontic nightmares" aren't around, but unfortunately there seems to be cataract hell going on.

You really should check out the graphic novels though. Very good stuff.

MinionZombie
04-Jun-2010, 09:51 AM
Aye, it's good that the "orthodontic nightmares" aren't around, but unfortunately there seems to be cataract hell going on.

You really should check out the graphic novels though. Very good stuff.
Eyes I can let slide - you can let it go as chemical reactions, fluid moving around, and so on. Like a more realistic bit of decomposition ... but since when do the bodies of the dead get fucked up yokel teeth when they'd previously had normal people teeth?

I'd also love to see normal teeth in zombies getting broken - it can be easy munching through raw flesh and bone - just imagine the "ewwww!" reaction from the audience at seeing a zombie's gnashers get all busted up ... ... the thought makes my skin crawl.

shootemindehead
04-Jun-2010, 10:10 AM
Eyes I can let slide - you can let it go as chemical reactions, fluid moving around, and so on. Like a more realistic bit of decomposition ... but since when do the bodies of the dead get fucked up yokel teeth when they'd previously had normal people teeth?

I'd also love to see normal teeth in zombies getting broken - it can be easy munching through raw flesh and bone - just imagine the "ewwww!" reaction from the audience at seeing a zombie's gnashers get all busted up ... ... the thought makes my skin crawl.

Aye, that would be cool. On eyes :D however, I don't think they tend to go milky or get bloodshot either when somebody dies. Upon revival though, who knows. I'll have to ask my pal Dr. Logan what he thinks....oh, wait a minute!

I know it's used to create an "otherness" to the dead, but I find distracting as well as their awful dental problems. It's just unnecessary.

MinionZombie
04-Jun-2010, 12:38 PM
Didn't Savini say something when doing Night90 that they made the eyes milky because that's what happens? I dig the milky eyes ... the sore-looking, red/yellow eyes don't bother me anywhere near as much as the "orthodontic nightmares" ... but milky eyes would be better than bloody-eyes ... as they said on the Making Of for Night90, or something like that, the milky look makes gets across the point that these aren't people anymore - they're soul-less shadows of their former selves.

I dug that. More milky eyes please!

Oh yes, and normal teeth that get fucked up when munching on human bones. :elol:

ProfessorChaos
04-Jun-2010, 12:51 PM
i'll agree that the milky vacant eyes look much better than the raging red eyes. that's the only thing i'm disappointed with so far from what i've seen/heard about the walking dead tv series.

and in real life, eyeballs deflate and begin to look like raisins within a day or so of the heart not beating due to lack of blood pressure...but we don't need our ghouls to be that realistic.

bassman
04-Jun-2010, 01:11 PM
I would like to see the milky eyes, but also rolled back a bit like Nicotero's Doctor in Diary. I thought that had a pretty cool effect.

MinionZombie
04-Jun-2010, 02:25 PM
lol, it'd be pretty hard/expensive to shrink someone's eyeballs like a raisin. :p

I could see a use for raging red eyes when someone is becoming increasingly infected ... perhaps ... or just before they die. Then afterwards - the milky way, baby.