PDA

View Full Version : The Chat

livingdead7
06-Jun-2006, 05:48 AM
There is never anyone in the chat...so I was curious. Have the staff ever considered using IRC as the chat? It's very popular, and IRC chat channels usually do pretty well.

Neil
06-Jun-2006, 10:37 PM
I think one of the very first chat rooms was an IRC one...

I've got a little idea to try and help the chat room... Unfortunately it's not quite as visible as the old chat room. ie: The old forum would have the number of people in the chat room always on show top right...

mista_mo
06-Jun-2006, 10:47 PM
I've only been in it once, and a few others were as well. it's a great room, but no ones in it really..

Andy
06-Jun-2006, 11:08 PM
There is never anyone in the chat...so I was curious. Have the staff ever considered using IRC as the chat? It's very popular, and IRC chat channels usually do pretty well.

1. IRC is not stable, its full of hacks and security holes.
2. IRC is not chat software, its a chat client. there's about 200 different chat softwares that use IRC servers.
3. its not the type of chat that makes people use it, in other words people dont see a IRC chat room and think, i know i'll go in there, its IRC.
4.the chat we use at the moment is fully intergrated with vB, very stable and secure and is also paid for.

:)

Arcades057
08-Jun-2006, 04:32 AM
The chat we have is awesome, but the only time I've ever seen anyone in it was the first day it was out.

DjfunkmasterG
08-Jun-2006, 01:17 PM
Maybe Neil and Company can organize chats. You have all these people making indie films why not have a chat one night instead of posting tons of stuff then waiting hours or days before it gets answered.

or have a zombie movie discussion night. Pick one zombie film and make it the topic for the night.

Someone just has to have the initiative to get the ball rolling

Andy
08-Jun-2006, 03:46 PM
Maybe Neil and Company can organize chats. You have all these people making indie films why not have a chat one night instead of posting tons of stuff then waiting hours or days before it gets answered.

or have a zombie movie discussion night. Pick one zombie film and make it the topic for the night.

Someone just has to have the initiative to get the ball rolling
both me and neil are too busy to organise something like this, if one of the other staff wants to do it they can and same if one of the members wants to organise something.