PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead: Hybrid Cut DVD Cheap on eBay

axlish
17-Jun-2010, 11:51 AM
This used to fetch a pretty penny. Worth having as an oddity.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dawn-Dead-Anniversary-Edition-DVD-/280522165166?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item41506c8bae

bassman
17-Jun-2010, 12:11 PM
Might have to get this. I have the disc already, but I loaned it to a friend and his dog chewed up the cover and awesome slip card.:mad:

Mr.G
17-Jun-2010, 12:51 PM
My ex gf stole this in our bitter seperation. The completist in me may have to bid. I also would like to buy the original DVD of Day...the cover is awesome!

ProfessorChaos
17-Jun-2010, 01:31 PM
yeah, i recall when this was one of the only versions of dawn available on dvd when i was building my movie collection. think i must've paid close to 40 bucks with shipping for it at the time. ended up giving it to one of my best friends once another buddy got the ultimate dvd of dawn for me as a birthday gift.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jun-2010, 01:40 PM
This used to fetch a pretty penny. Worth having as an oddity.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dawn-Dead-Anniversary-Edition-DVD-/280522165166?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item41506c8bae

What is even more rae is the original 1997 Flipper disc release. It was recalled because Anchor Bay released the wrong cut.

bassman
17-Jun-2010, 02:06 PM
yeah, i recall when this was one of the only versions of dawn available on dvd when i was building my movie collection. think i must've paid close to 40 bucks with shipping for it at the time. ended up giving it to one of my best friends once another buddy got the ultimate dvd of dawn for me as a birthday gift.

Yeah, I paid around 70 bucks for it before there was the UE.

The coolest thing about it(aside from the stange edit), is the slip card inside the case. I absolutely LOVE the painting design they used. I would kill to find that as a poster...

axlish
17-Jun-2010, 08:34 PM
The buy it now option is $4.99, plenty low enough for an impulse purchase.

axlish
02-Jul-2010, 12:33 PM
Ok, it is back up, cheaper than ever :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dawn-Dead-Anniversary-Edition-DVD-/280528739177?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item4150d0db69

Mr.G
02-Jul-2010, 12:38 PM
Even though I have 3 or 4 alternative copies...I BID!

SymphonicX
03-Jul-2010, 05:46 PM
I have this, this was the first DVD of Dawn I ever had, haven't seen it around in ages though and it got very well used...but I'm sure it's just the US version? What's different about the edit?

Also the flipper 1997 DVD version - is there a photo of that knocking around? Deej?

:)

axlish
03-Jul-2010, 05:58 PM
What's different about the edit?

This is supposed to be the Theatrical Cut but for whatever reason, a majority of the police dock sequence is included. They may have used the segment from an extended cut print, not sure. Either way, it marks the only release of this particular "edit" (on VHS as well).

Mr.G
08-Jul-2010, 07:27 PM
Even though I have 3 or 4 alternative copies...I BID!

And I won it...for a grand total of 4.75 with shipping! :D

SymphonicX
09-Jul-2010, 03:51 PM
This is supposed to be the Theatrical Cut but for whatever reason, a majority of the police dock sequence is included. They may have used the segment from an extended cut print, not sure. Either way, it marks the only release of this particular "edit" (on VHS as well).

Oh shit, you know what - I remember that. And I remember thinking that was odd. I've never really added much more thought to it though - the police dock sequence, was just kinda a weird cut in at a Joe Pilato moment right - like it cuts straight to Fran running to Steven and it looks weird cos you're not sure what she's meant to be upset about...but I remember the shock cut between Peter's "respect" line and the police dock operator's head as Stephen pulls the body away from the desk - rather than the cut to the chopper landing - it's been so long since seeing that version, it was my definitive one for a long time.

Eyebiter
09-Jul-2010, 09:31 PM
That was a great deal.

Recall before Dawn 78 was released on DVD back in 2005 this DVD ran around $70.

Yojimbo
12-Jul-2010, 06:44 AM
Yeah, my wife bought this one for me for way too much at Amoeba in Los Angeles, and I was damned glad to get it at that time. Though, I haven't seen this cut for a while, I do remember that there was a bit more of the dock sequence with Pilato than had been one with VHS version. Good buy, though, at that price.

Mr.G
13-Jul-2010, 01:23 AM
Also the flipper 1997 DVD version - is there a photo of that knocking around? Deej?

:)[/QUOTE]

I just picked this up on half.com for 9.49. It's been a good week!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YTP6HB28L._SS500_.jpg

axlish
13-Jul-2010, 11:08 AM
What is even more rae is the original 1997 Flipper disc release. It was recalled because Anchor Bay released the wrong cut.

Explain, please.