PDA

View Full Version : any halloween week coventions?

acealive1
08-Aug-2010, 11:39 PM
in pittsburgh or the surrounding area this year? i just dont know where to look

MikePizzoff
09-Aug-2010, 07:44 AM

I think someone from NOTLD is doing something in Pittsburgh... I can't remember if I read that here or if I'm mistaken.

C5NOTLD
09-Aug-2010, 10:37 AM
The Living Dead Fest (http://thelivingdeadfest.com/)

:cool:

Purge
09-Aug-2010, 01:43 PM
Chiller Theatre (http://www.chillertheatre.com) takes place on Halloween weekend.

acealive1
09-Aug-2010, 07:33 PM
Chiller Theatre (http://www.chillertheatre.com) takes place on Halloween weekend.

NEW JERSEY!?!? :stunned::stunned::stunned::stunned:

DubiousComforts
10-Aug-2010, 02:11 PM

The Pittsburgh area horror convention is happening Sept. 17-19: Horror Realm (http://www.horrorrealmcon.com/Index.html)

The Living Dead Festival in Evans City has been canceled until next year.

NEW JERSEY!?!? :stunned::stunned::stunned::stunned:

Take it or leave it. The "fans" shouldn't have taken last year's Living Dead Festival for granted.

Mr.G
10-Aug-2010, 04:18 PM
The Living Dead Festival in Evans City has been canceled until next year.

Damn...that sucks. I'll just plan on attending in 2011.

DubiousComforts
10-Aug-2010, 09:12 PM
Damn...that sucks. I'll just plan on attending in 2011.

Yeah, it really does suck as I think there were a lot more people planning to attend this year. Gary is one of the good guys -- a friend to all who enjoy NOTLD. He truly deserved to hit a home run with the festival in 2010.

Trancelikestate
11-Aug-2010, 05:53 PM
DUBIOUS! i think i actually was gonna get to go this year! WHY?!

DubiousComforts
13-Aug-2010, 03:43 AM
DUBIOUS! i think i actually was gonna get to go this year! WHY?!
I don't know, man, but I believe Gary ran into some issues nailing down a suitable venue, not to mention the usual lack of cooperation and support.

Mr.G
14-Aug-2010, 08:56 PM
not to mention the usual lack of cooperation and support.

From the town? They don't need the cash? I can't believe GAR fans would be too uncontrollable.

gary
16-Aug-2010, 11:49 PM
After tons of deliberation I sent an email out to all the guests and good friends and supporters that in fact there would be no festival in 2010. I tried everything I could but kept coming up short. Fingers crossed we will be back in 2011 with the 3rd Annual Living Dead Festival. Thanks to so many of you for your support. I'm sorry to disappoint you but trust me when I say I'm more disappointed than anyone. This is a passion for me and in many ways that's gets me in trouble. I just don't and will not turn it into some commercial venture. So many thanks to all the guests that are behind me with their support and willingness to show up. We were on target to have 23 original cast and crew members show up this year.
Gary :dead: :(

Yojimbo
24-Aug-2010, 07:29 AM
I just saw this and it made me very sad.

Trancelikestate
24-Aug-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah, it's totally lame. Sorry to hear it gary. I was really looking forward to it. I had moved back to colorado which made it tough last year, but i'm back in pittsburgh now, so it would be easy. Gary, if you need more support/publicity i can put flyers up around the savini school, and it will be huge i'm sure. Not sure if you want tons of wacky kids there though.

gary
25-Aug-2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah, it's totally lame. Sorry to hear it gary. I was really looking forward to it. I had moved back to colorado which made it tough last year, but i'm back in pittsburgh now, so it would be easy. Gary, if you need more support/publicity i can put flyers up around the savini school, and it will be huge i'm sure. Not sure if you want tons of wacky kids there though.

Mostly want real Night fans there don't care much how old or young they are.

acealive1
31-Aug-2010, 10:42 PM
damn im sorry,man! i saw ur ad last year and didnt get to make it out to the gathering because i already had a party to attend the same night.

this year looks like a bust for me as i wont arrive in the burg til well into halloween day. i'll just go to the "church" that is monroeville mall once more. its a great experience to be in that place.

maybe u should try holding the dead screening every other year? it might work