PDA

View Full Version : "The Walking Dead" - Official Trailers/Clips

Pages : [1] 2

bassman
24-Aug-2010, 05:49 PM
Be sure to visit AMC's YouTube Channel to see a whole host of trailers and making of videos for The Walking Dead, and bonus segments from companion show The Talking Dead - http://www.youtube.com/user/amc - you'll be glad you did!

Since we have this whole TWD forum to bomb around in, I figured I would seperate a spot for the official trailers. Take some weight off that "production" thread. Maybe a mod could sticky it for visitors?

US Premiere on October 31 at 10 pm. The pilot episode(Darabont's) is 90 minutes.

UK Premiere is November 5th.

Official US Trailer (http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/)
mybBDpYe_5Y?fs=1&hl=en_US

Official UK Trailer (http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/post/1003934602/hey-guys-this-is-what-youve-all-been-waiting)

Short Teaser Promos
vaPd4YzDRuA?fs=1&hl=en_US

"All I am...." promo
k_KOqSxJDpQ?fs=1&hl=en_US

Behind the Scenes
a_hya6lddsI?fs=1&hl=en_US

Fan-made opening credits
phLVlvMKVi8?fs=1&hl=en_US

"It's about survival"
aXloRrMeKcw?fs=1&hl=en_US

"Rick Grimes"
sOuB-3qcv-4?fs=1&hl=en_US

"From Comic To TV"
CVwpbg9Nr6M?fs=1&hl=en_US

"Shane Walsh"
wAHPy0vQmdw&hl=en_US

"Things are different now" promo
bksblNndixc&hl=en_US

17 Minute Making-Of (Part 1)
dL0OAhq6cpA?fs=1&hl=en_US

17 Minute Making-Of (Part 2)
E7gYbnspwGg?fs=1&hl=en_US

"Epic new series" Promo
DDuLc9YB0lY?fs=1&hl=en_US

Zombie School
o830HsnG6Ac

"This Season" preview
OUX3U5qrEPU?fs=1&hl=en_US

The making of Episode 2: "Guts". WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS
kfRvjezGvjI?fs=1&hl=en_US

dracenstein
24-Aug-2010, 05:54 PM
Can't watch either.

The US one because I'm in different country.

The UK one because I can't click on anything.

AcesandEights
24-Aug-2010, 06:09 PM
Can't watch either.

The US one because I'm in different country.

The UK one because I can't click on anything.

Hard times in Necrotopia, hard times. ;)

But there should be relatively good res versions uploaded to You Tube soon enough, I'd guess.

dracenstein
24-Aug-2010, 06:14 PM
Just watched the trailer from ComiCon? on youtube...

...looks good.

Waiting for the dvd.

Legion2213
24-Aug-2010, 06:23 PM
Dracenstein, I couldn't watch it with IE, but I switched to Firefox and it seved up the goodies... :cool:

Skold
24-Aug-2010, 06:53 PM
It's on the front page of www.amctv.com as well.

AcesandEights
24-Aug-2010, 06:59 PM
Wow!!!

I couldn't listen with volume, but it looked superb!

bassman
24-Aug-2010, 07:27 PM
Youtube'd US trailer added, bitches.:cool:

Legion2213
24-Aug-2010, 07:35 PM
Youtube'd US trailer added, bitches.:cool:

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/cat_its_beautiful.jpg

kidgloves
24-Aug-2010, 08:23 PM
http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/cat_its_beautiful.jpg

+1

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

MoonSylver
28-Aug-2010, 07:49 AM
Finally got around to watching the trailer (hoping to wash the bitter taste of dissapointment from Survival out of my mouth...)

Holy. Fuck.:stunned:

Even though I've read the first couple of trade paperbacks & know pretty much what's gonna happen, I'm still stunned. That got my blood going like nothing I've seen in a good long while.:hyper:

EDIT: Had to go back & watch that a second time. Holy. Fuck. That last shot of Rick crawling into the tank... :stunned:

shootemindehead
28-Aug-2010, 07:06 PM
...That last shot of Rick crawling into the tank... :stunned:

Yep, that sticks out for me too. Terrifying that,

kidgloves
28-Aug-2010, 07:21 PM
The US trailer is absolutely incredible. At the 3.19 mark there is a shot of a zombie right out of the opening of Day. The kid in the car or straight after in Day. Leapt straight out at me and im not even that big a Day fan.

MoonSylver
28-Aug-2010, 08:38 PM
Yep, that sticks out for me too. Terrifying that,

Not in the comic either. There are a few things that jumped out at me that are either A) differnt than or B) not in it at all.

But I'm not complaining. It doesn't have to slavishly follow it as long as they stick pretty close (a la Night 90 vs original) then it'll be cool.

bassman
28-Aug-2010, 11:50 PM
Not in the comic either. There are a few things that jumped out at me that are either A) differnt than or B) not in it at all.

But I'm not complaining. It doesn't have to slavishly follow it as long as they stick pretty close (a la Night 90 vs original) then it'll be cool.

From what i've seen in interviews, Darabont is taking some liberties with certain aspects of the story. But hey.....it's Frank Darabont. I don't think anyone will complain about that. Even the creator of the series said that some of his changes are incredible.

Damn....is it October yet?

EvilNed
29-Aug-2010, 12:34 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this looks... pretty bland?

There's nothing really new here, and I can't say that there's any one segment where I thought "Wow, can't wait to see that!".

I'm glad I'm going to get some shamblers, but the story itself seems remarkeably bland.

clanglee
29-Aug-2010, 01:56 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this looks... pretty bland?.

Yup, just you. What do you want out of it exactly? I don't see any blandness at all. It all looks so happy making. I can't wait. Maybe you would be happier with zombies that sparkle in the sunlight? :p

MoonSylver
29-Aug-2010, 02:21 AM
There's nothing new from TWD in terms of the zombies or the zombpocalipse, no. The strength of the series comes from the writing, the characters, the situations.

One can stick to formula & still tell incedible stories with great characters. Try something TOO new & wander too far off the reservation & what do you get?

Land?
Diary?
Survival?
Day 08?

Those have gone over real well...:rolleyes:

EvilNed
29-Aug-2010, 08:58 AM
Yup, just you. What do you want out of it exactly? I don't see any blandness at all. It all looks so happy making. I can't wait. Maybe you would be happier with zombies that sparkle in the sunlight? :p

No, but storywise this seems reeeaaally generic. A cop wakes up from a long slumber in the hospital and finds the whole world zombiefied. He goes looking for his family in a now ravaged world. That's more what I'd expected from films I found in the 5-dollar-a-movie-bin.

28 Days Later for instance did exactly this story, but without the hard-ass cop and gun angle. Don't know. Just saying. The trailer doesn't really knock me off my chair like I'd hoped it would. Frank Darabont and all.

Can any of our more american posters here tell us a little bit about AMC? All I know is that HBO is good and allows graphic violence. Does AMC?

ProfessorChaos
29-Aug-2010, 09:33 AM
dude, AMC has some of the best original shows on cable, in my opinion. breaking bad and mad men are amazing, very adult subject matter in both shows (alcoholism, drug addiction, adultery, corruption, the list goes on....) both are well edited and filmed, with emotional stories with believable characters and great writing. i really can't say enough about how much i enjoy those two programs. additionally, the network has received more emmy nominations than all others for the past three years:

http://blogs.amctv.com/movie-news/2010/07/emmy-nominations.php

The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced this morning the 62nd Annual Emmy Award nominations, recognizing AMC with 26 nominations, the most for any basic cable network for the third year in a row. AMC's Emmy and Golden Globe-winning original drama Mad Men, which made history last year as the only basic cable series ever to win back-to-back Emmys for Outstanding Drama, received 17 nominations and stands as the most Emmy nominated drama on television. AMC's original series Breaking Bad, which garnered two Emmy wins in 2009, received seven nominations, including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Lead Actor and Outstanding Supporting Actor.

i would rather AMC handle TWD than any other network out there, i have complete faith they will fully deliver an unbelievable epic unlike anything we've seen. this show is going to be the next big thing for dead fans. without a doubt in my mind.

clanglee
29-Aug-2010, 09:43 AM
No, but storywise this seems reeeaaally generic. A cop wakes up from a long slumber in the hospital and finds the whole world zombiefied. He goes looking for his family in a now ravaged world. That's more what I'd expected from films I found in the 5-dollar-a-movie-bin.

28 Days Later for instance did exactly this story, but without the hard-ass cop and gun angle. Don't know. Just saying. The trailer doesn't really knock me off my chair like I'd hoped it would. Frank Darabont and all.

Can any of our more american posters here tell us a little bit about AMC? All I know is that HBO is good and allows graphic violence. Does AMC?

I take it you have not read the comic. The story is at it's core what all good zombie movies should be. People dealing with the situation. . .for good or bad. It's simple, yeah. . .but so is the holy Trinity. And with the comic series you see a lot more than just a farmhouse, or bunker, or Mall. It's truly epic.
As far as AMC goes, they are not a paid cable channel like HBO or Showtime. So what they can do might be a bit more restricted than say True Blood. But it is showing late night, and AMC is cable. . .and they have an EXCELLENT track record of programming. So. . . .I really think they will be able to get away with as much as they need to get away with.

EvilNed
29-Aug-2010, 10:24 AM
Okay, sounds good. Wouldn't want a bloodless zombiefilm (let's face it, it's a staple of the genre).

And no I haven't read the comic. I'm sure it's excellent. This trailer doesn't seem to promise that much tho. But "people dealing with the situation" are my favourite kind of zombiefilms, and that's not really something you show in a trailer I guess. So good. Maybe the show will be great after all!

bassman
29-Aug-2010, 02:38 PM
Okay, sounds good. Wouldn't want a bloodless zombiefilm (let's face it, it's a staple of the genre).

And no I haven't read the comic. I'm sure it's excellent. This trailer doesn't seem to promise that much tho. But "people dealing with the situation" are my favourite kind of zombiefilms, and that's not really something you show in a trailer I guess. So good. Maybe the show will be great after all!

One thing to keep in mind is that this trailer only covers tthe pilot episode. As Clang mentioned, there's much more to come.

SymphonicX
29-Aug-2010, 03:31 PM

There's nothing really new here, and I can't say that there's any one segment where I thought "Wow, can't wait to see that!".

I'm glad I'm going to get some shamblers, but the story itself seems remarkeably bland.

yeah i'm with you on that one - looks pretty run of the mill, and they ripped the opening right off 28 days later

bassman
29-Aug-2010, 03:51 PM
*sigh*

And 28 Days ripped it from Day of the Triffids. Everything is "ripped"....

SymphonicX
29-Aug-2010, 04:50 PM
*sigh*

And 28 Days ripped it from Day of the Triffids. Everything is "ripped"....

yeah but come on....too soon man...too soon. Might as well have set it in a shopping mall.

MoonSylver
29-Aug-2010, 06:17 PM

Ah...that's only the first 20 pages or so. It's every thing that happens FROM there.

EvilNed
29-Aug-2010, 07:08 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that this trailer only covers tthe pilot episode. As Clang mentioned, there's much more to come.

Maybe so. It doesn't look bad or anything. It's just that I kinda get a "Is that is?" feeling.

kidgloves
29-Aug-2010, 08:16 PM
First off, this is a TV show. The gorehounds should look elsewhere.
The similarities with 28 days later end the moment Rick steps outside the hospital.
In this show you are gonna see most of the things many people have thought about if a zombie apocalypse was to happen.
The talent from the producers all the way down to the actors is outstanding so the project is in safe hands.:elol:

bassman
29-Aug-2010, 08:52 PM
yeah but come on....too soon man...too soon. Might as well have set it in a shopping mall.

Dead Rising? :p

Let's face it...the entire zombie genre is one big rip off in one way or another. Even the "Godfather" Romero admits that Night was a bit of a rip...

MoonSylver
29-Aug-2010, 10:50 PM
Even the "Godfather" Romero admits that Night was a bit of a rip...

Heyyyyy....don't make me call your mother a whore....:lol::p:moon::D;)

(Actually, I always got a kick out of the story of when he met Matheson face-to-face).:)

BillyRay
30-Aug-2010, 03:15 PM
(Actually, I always got a kick out of the story of when he met Matheson face-to-face).:)

I'm listening....C'mon, Moon - Tell us a story!

MoonSylver
30-Aug-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm listening....C'mon, Moon - Tell us a story!

http://grumpy-people.com/gallery/Grandpa-Abe-Simpson.jpeg

"Back when I was a boy...";):lol:

The story goes that years after NOTLD Romero met Matheson at a convention. Romero approached him & told him he'd like to apologize since he felt he basically lifted the idea for NOTLD from "I Am Legend".

Matheson asked him if he made any money off of it. George said "No, not really", to which Matheson replied (laughing) "Good! Serves you right!":lol:

EvilNed
03-Sep-2010, 09:13 AM
First off, this is a TV show. The gorehounds should look elsewhere.

That could be a problem, considering a zombie infested world is about as adult themed you can get. If there's not swearing, violent and batshit crazy-ass terrorizing, then it's just gonna feel watered down.

But I'll hold off. HBO can do it, maybe AMC can too.

bassman
03-Sep-2010, 12:06 PM
That could be a problem, considering a zombie infested world is about as adult themed you can get.

I find it strange what some consider gore while others don't. One of the first images released was of the Bicycle Girl with half her body missing.:confused:

DjfunkmasterG
03-Sep-2010, 12:36 PM

Yeah... at least on HPOTD... I am sure you will find some brethern at IMDB that may join your side of this spectacle

ProfessorChaos
03-Sep-2010, 03:18 PM
....maybe AMC can too.

i feel like a broken record at times, but for an idea of what AMC will be getting away with, look at the awesome shows Mad Men and Breaking Bad. between these two shows, a great deal of very mature subject matter is shown: adultery, extortion, alcoholism, drug addiction, methamphetamine manufacturing, drug dealing, gangs, prostitutes (one montage followed a meth-whore throughout one day showing her going down on numerous guys to get her dope money), crooks, etc. i'm sure that the situations and scenarios from TWD won't be watered down enough to notice.

as for the violence, mad men showed a scene in season one with a guy blown up and given an extreme facial make-over similar to freddy krueger, and breaking bad has had people getting smashed by vehicles, gun fights, and one episode even had a severed head on a turtle which turned out to be an IED that blew up and killed a dude and maimed a few others. below are 2 videos of some of the violence and intensity breaking bad got away with during season 3:

5RB8t0CCZB4

cg-qqVJ6g6Y

bassman
03-Sep-2010, 04:04 PM
Yep. That definitely answers the head shot question. They won't need to shy away from that. Especially considering that second clip.

Seriously....the gore shouldn't be an issue AT ALL...

AcesandEights
03-Sep-2010, 04:35 PM

And even if there is less of an ability to steer towards the out and out excessive gore seen in some of the genre, that may mean the series will have to depend on setting, mood and theme (basically its very solid directing and writing talent) and using the gore they can show as opposed to leaning on the schlocky gore crutch we see in some really bad examples of the genre that are otherwise hollow.

Not a big deal in my book.

kidgloves
03-Sep-2010, 07:58 PM
Looks like us UK folks are getting The Walking Dead first... Well sort of

Forget Guy Fawkes Night, New Years Eve and all those other so-called notable holiday events. It’s all about September 28th. On this night, at a famous London venue, the director’s cut, never-before-seen episode one of the Walking Dead will be screened exclusively to 250 members of the public. And surely those of you who are luckily enough to attend will have questions. Lots of them. Well at this exclusive event they will be answered. Four special guests, series cast and crew (names will be revealed in good time), will participate in a question and answer session. And what’s more Charlie Brooker is going to be your host for the night. So please watch this space and have your left mouse clicking finger at the ready to book your seat when tickets go on sale soon. In the meantime remember September 28th!

And back to the subject of gore, heres an early quote from Kirkman himself

says Kirkman. "The stuff that AMC is going to put on air is crazy. They keep showing me things and I'm like, you're not doing that. They rip a horse open and there's just spaghetti coming out. They actually have things that you see."

shootemindehead
04-Sep-2010, 02:57 AM
Yep. That definitely answers the head shot question. They won't need to shy away from that. Especially considering that second clip.

It wouldn't really be headshots that's the problem though.

Pulling someones guts out of the stomach and chewing on them...that's a different story altogether.

Besides, I see nothing that edgy on the 'Breaking Bad' clip.

bassman
04-Sep-2010, 03:47 AM
Guts are great. They can be fun. But they definitely don't make or break a compelling story. They're just filler for fun...

clanglee
04-Sep-2010, 06:40 AM
Besides guys. . this is Amuricah!!! We don't cut our gore or language. . .just our sex. Cause it's naughty and you'll go to hell if you do it.

EvilNed
04-Sep-2010, 11:55 AM
i feel like a broken record at times, but for an idea of what AMC will be getting away with, look at the awesome shows Mad Men and Breaking Bad. between these two shows, a great deal of very mature subject matter is shown: adultery, extortion, alcoholism, drug addiction, methamphetamine manufacturing, drug dealing, gangs, prostitutes (one montage followed a meth-whore throughout one day showing her going down on numerous guys to get her dope money), crooks, etc. i'm sure that the situations and scenarios from TWD won't be watered down enough to notice.

I just watched the clips you showed, and they were indeed flippin' awesome. To be sure, guts and stuff might not get passed the censors, but those clips were still pretty brutal.

Second, this Breaking Bad seems cool as hell. I'm gonna have to check this series out. Those two clips were both masterful!

shootemindehead
04-Sep-2010, 02:27 PM
Guts are great. They can be fun. But they definitely don't make or break a compelling story. They're just filler for fun...

Hmmmm...sorry, but a zombie movie without guts is like a war movie without any battle scenes, ya know?

bassman
04-Sep-2010, 03:02 PM
Hmmmm...sorry, but a zombie movie without guts is like a war movie without any battle scenes, ya know?

I disagree. Guts are optional. They're not needed if the story is good enough. When they are there, they're just a little added bonus.

kidgloves
04-Sep-2010, 06:37 PM
Apparently 3 new clips have been released but cant view them due to my location. Their only seconds long but can anyone clue us UK viewers up on whats going on.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/video?bcpid=86227333001&bclid=88963904001&bctid=602787706001

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

I just watched the clips you showed, and they were indeed flippin' awesome. To be sure, guts and stuff might not get passed the censors, but those clips were still pretty brutal.

Second, this Breaking Bad seems cool as hell. I'm gonna have to check this series out. Those two clips were both masterful!

Go for it Ned. Stick with it though.

clanglee
04-Sep-2010, 08:01 PM
Just really short clips. One is Rick shooting his gun. Then the second(the longest) is Rick waking up in the hospital, walking down the corridor and seeing the door that says "don't open, dead inside" and hands reaching through. The last is Rick walking down dark stairs and lighting a match. Nothing you can't see in the trailer really.

kidgloves
04-Sep-2010, 10:32 PM
Just really short clips. One is Rick shooting his gun. Then the second(the longest) is Rick waking up in the hospital, walking down the corridor and seeing the door that says "don't open, dead inside" and hands reaching through. The last is Rick walking down dark stairs and lighting a match. Nothing you can't see in the trailer really.

Thanks mate.
Been reading/watching/listening to loads of info on this and Darabont is definately the real deal. He LOVES Romero and zombies and seems to be good friends with Nicotero.
Some tidbits that i've picked up during this.

The project seems to be a very happy one from the tv execs down to the crew. The whole production has a Romero "family" feel to it.
AMC have said yes to everything they have been presented with gorewise.
The story arc is essentially the same as the novel but with deviations to flesh out the characters more and possibly including pre-apocalypse flashbacks .
The ending of season 1 is not the same as what happens in the novel at that point in the story.
Sarah Wayne Callies is beautiful.
Characters die at different points in the story compared to the novel and some don't even die who do in the novel.
There are new characters.
Its being shot as a 6hr movie.
Darabonts been trying to get it made for 5 years.
It was developed at NBC then planned to be on HBO.

The directors for the first six episodes are:

1) Frank Darabont (The Mist, The Shawshank Redemption)
2) Michelle MacLaren ("Breaking Bad," "X-Files")
3) Gwyneth Horder-Payton ("The Shield," "BSG")
4) Johan Renck ("Breaking Bad")
5) Ernest Dickerson ("The Wire," "Dexter")
6) Guy Ferland ("The Shield," "Sons of Anarchy")

The writers for the first six episodes are:

1) Frank Darabont (The Mist, The Shawshank Redemption)
2) Frank Darabont (The Mist, The Shawshank Redemption)
3) Frank Darabont (The Mist, The Shawshank Redemption), Chic Eglee, Jack LoGuidice (Chic: "The Shield," "Dexter"; Jack: "Sons of Anarchy")
4) Robert Kirkman (writer of the comic series)
5) Glen Mazzara ("The Shield," "Hawthorne")
6) Adam Fierro ("The Shield," "Dexter," "24")

Oh btw did i mention Sarah Wayne Callies is beautiful.:hyper:

shootemindehead
04-Sep-2010, 11:08 PM
I disagree. Guts are optional. They're not needed if the story is good enough. When they are there, they're just a little added bonus.

No way Bass. No guts and you've been had, story or no story. We're talking about creatures that rip people apart for food. It's their MO, for god's sake.

Can you imagine 'Day of the Dead' without the gore? Seriously.

ProfessorChaos
05-Sep-2010, 02:37 AM

yeah ned, breaking bad is awesome as hell. i started a thread on it a while back, but if i recall it's full of spoilers. it's one of my favorite shows, hands down....that, mad men, and the walking dead make AMC the best network around, in my opinion. if it weren't for that station, i probably wouldn't even bother with having cable.

but yeah, check it out, starting with season 1, and trust me, you'll love it.

bassman
05-Sep-2010, 12:34 PM
Can you imagine 'Day of the Dead' without the gore? Seriously.

Actually....I would still love it without the gore. As I said before, the gore is a nice bonus, but it doesn't make or break the film. You and I must be into these films for different reasons...

kidgloves
07-Sep-2010, 08:48 PM
3 new teasers but, once again, us UK folks can't see them.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/video?bcpid=86227333001&bclid=88963904001&bctid=602787706001

Edit

Found them on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaPd4YzDRuA

Love the music

shootemindehead
07-Sep-2010, 10:13 PM
Actually....I would still love it without the gore. As I said before, the gore is a nice bonus, but it doesn't make or break the film. You and I must be into these films for different reasons...

Umm, it would be half the film. Really.

Imagine 'Day of the Dead' with Rickles being torn apart. Honestly...the most terrifying death in any zed flick. Can you imagine the pain of going out like that?

Ugh.

Still sends shivers up me spine.

Gore won't make or break. But skimp on it and you're short changing the audience.

'Day of the Dead' is the greatest zombie flick ever, partly because of Savini's fantastic gore effects.

It would be like having the shark in 'Jaws' swim around off the coast and not attack anyone.

bassman
08-Sep-2010, 12:08 AM
It would be like having the shark in 'Jaws' swim around off the coast and not attack anyone.

Actually....that's kinda what happens in Jaws. You don't see the shark until the final "battle".

Anyway....I agree with you that Day wouldn't be the same without the gore. There's no doubting that it's nice to have, but the character interactions are what really hooked me the first time. Just like Dawn, which is considerably lacking with the gore by today's standards. It wasn't the gore that hooked me, it was the situation and the characters. The dread, I guess you could say. It's not so much the gore that scares me, but the looming knowledge that you just know it's coming. The tension. Supoib.

clanglee
08-Sep-2010, 12:35 AM
3 new teasers but, once again, us UK folks can't see them.

Edit

Found them on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaPd4YzDRuA

Love the music

Huh. . . can't see youtube from work, but the AMC clips are the same as last week. . . .hmmmmm

bassman
08-Sep-2010, 01:05 AM
Huh. . . can't see youtube from work, but the AMC clips are the same as last week. . . .hmmmmm

They're basically just snippets from the trailer. Nothing really new.

Mr.G
08-Sep-2010, 01:45 AM
Actually....that's kinda what happens in Jaws. You don't see the shark until the final "battle".

Anyway....I agree with you that Day wouldn't be the same without the gore. There's no doubting that it's nice to have, but the character interactions are what really hooked me the first time. Just like Dawn, which is considerably lacking with the gore by today's standards. It wasn't the gore that hooked me, it was the situation and the characters. The dread, I guess you could say. It's not so much the gore that scares me, but the looming knowledge that you just know it's coming. The tension. Supoib.

True...and just like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Most people would tell you it's a bloody movie but there is very little shown on screen. Leaving the real nasty shit up to the imagination makes it much worse (or better IMO). Day would still be a great movie without showing all the guts; IMO, the characters, dialogue, & setting are bigger players than the FX.

bassman
08-Sep-2010, 01:49 AM
Day would still be a great movie without showing all the guts; IMO, the characters, dialogue, & setting are bigger players than the FX.

Exactly my point. You just said it better than I could.

The gore is nice with that "WOW" factor, but it's not what makes the movie memorable as a whole, imo.

It's been a long time now, but I believe the main things I took away from my first viewing of Day were Bub, the absolute hatred of the soldiers, and how they were all unable to coexist in a situation that should have worked out fine. Sure, the gore was incredible(yet to be topped), but it wasn't the core of the film.

shootemindehead
08-Sep-2010, 11:34 AM

Yeh, you don't see him til half way through, but he's attacking people from the first reel. That's my point.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Actually, when I first saw an uncut version of 'Dawn of the Dead', I was very surprised at how much gore was cut out of the previous versions I'd seen.

For it's time 'Dawn of the Dead' was extremely gory.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Exactly my point. You just said it better than I could.

The gore is nice with that "WOW" factor, but it's not what makes the movie memorable as a whole, imo.

It's been a long time now, but I believe the main things I took away from my first viewing of Day were Bub, the absolute hatred of the soldiers, and how they were all unable to coexist in a situation that should have worked out fine. Sure, the gore was incredible(yet to be topped), but it wasn't the core of the film.

Sorry guys, but my penny to your pound, says that the lasting impression on a first time viewer of 'Day of the Dead' is or was the gore. I've seen it with people first hand. Come the point where characters are being torn apart and people go "Fuckin 'ell!". :eek:

Honestly, I've sat with viewers who were laughing and joking one minute and completely silent when the zombies do the business in the final reel.

There are few films (zombies or otherwise) that I've seen that happen in.

Either way, a zombie flick without the gore is shortchanging the viewer. The genre practically cries out for it. Of course it doesn't make or break the deal, but it's taking the piss to leave it out.

kidgloves
08-Sep-2010, 08:16 PM

Sorry didn't know cause us UK folks couldn't see the original ones.:(

clanglee
09-Sep-2010, 12:22 AM
Sorry didn't know cause us UK folks couldn't see the original ones.:(

No biggie. Just thought I had some new stuff to look at. . . .alas.

kidgloves
09-Sep-2010, 10:19 PM
No biggie. Just thought I had some new stuff to look at. . . .alas.

I think this ones new. Again i can't see it.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/video?bcpid=86227333001&bclid=88963904001&bctid=605718727001

bassman
09-Sep-2010, 10:24 PM
I think this ones new. Again i can't see it.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/video?bcpid=86227333001&bclid=88963904001&bctid=605718727001

You remember that booth they had set up at Comic Con? The one that looked like someone's family room and had "God Forgive Us" written in blood on the wall? If you saw that....you saw this 16 second clip. It's just Rick looking in a window, he sees the dead guy holding the shot gun, and flies buzzing around his pool of blood.

kidgloves
09-Sep-2010, 11:11 PM
You remember that booth they had set up at Comic Con? The one that looked like someone's family room and had "God Forgive Us" written in blood on the wall? If you saw that....you saw this 16 second clip. It's just Rick looking in a window, he sees the dead guy holding the shot gun, and flies buzzing around his pool of blood.

Cheers. Im so hyped for this. Just "devouring" info at the moment.

ProfessorChaos
13-Sep-2010, 12:02 AM
just watched the trailer in full hd using my laptop and an hdmi cable. the level of detail in the ghoul effects is amazing. upon close inspection, the bicycle girl is so full of detail it's almost revolting. recognizable bone structure of her legs dangling, the gore soaked ground and rotten entrails hanging out, bits of flesh torn off, etc. probably the best fx for a zed i've ever seen.

another thing that blows my mind is the movement and behavior of the walking dead themselves...as someone previously said, they look like real convincing reanimated corpses, not just extras going through the motions. the final shot of them swarming that tank is also very creepy, with the dead having an appearance similar to locusts or insects....guess that zombie course they put them through really paid off.

i haven't been this jazzed up about halloween night since i was like 10. i've seriously watched the trailer like 50 times since it first appeared.

Legion2213
13-Sep-2010, 08:08 PM
Besides guys. . this is Amuricah!!! We don't cut our gore or language. . .just our sex. Cause it's naughty and you'll go to hell if you do it.

I have the internet and a pair of 30x50 binos if I want to see sex, honestly though, so long as there is enough realistic gore I am a happy man. :)

SRP76
13-Sep-2010, 09:41 PM
They're already starting the ad campaign. I saw a commercial for the show yesterday on AMC.

bassman
13-Sep-2010, 09:46 PM
They're already starting the ad campaign. I saw a commercial for the show yesterday on AMC.

Me too. I won't lie that I got excited as hell when I first saw something for the show on TV.

Some how it was more exciting even though I'd seen it on the web. :lol:

kidgloves
19-Sep-2010, 10:37 PM
TV Spot #5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_KOqSxJDpQ

Rancid Carcass
20-Sep-2010, 01:00 AM
TV Spot #5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_KOqSxJDpQ

Is just me, or does that bus in the first shot of this ad seem just a little bit too long?

clanglee
20-Sep-2010, 07:36 AM
Yeaaaahhhh! You are right!

bassman
20-Sep-2010, 11:49 AM
Is just me, or does that bus in the first shot of this ad seem just a little bit too long?

It does seem a bit too long, but on the other hand it also looks like most of the busses here in Atlanta. Look at the bus at 8 seconds. It's about the same.

kidgloves
25-Sep-2010, 09:42 AM
Holy shit.
Look at this behind the scenes. You really get a feel for the show from this.
SPOILERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_hya6lddsI

Neil
25-Sep-2010, 11:04 AM
Holy shit.
SPOILERS

At 0:32seconds... Isn't that body's arm/hand on the wrong way around?

Tricky
25-Sep-2010, 11:14 AM
People are going to kick off! I saw both running zombies & a zombie eating a rat in the behind the scenes clip :p doesnt bother me though, I think it looks awesome!

kidgloves
25-Sep-2010, 12:16 PM
I love the little moments in the video. When Ricks sat at the roadside looking at the zombie walking up the road, like he's trying to figure out why its doing that. Or Rick looking under the car and seeing that zombie pick up the teddy bear. Its the questioning their behaviour and why in these little scenes that tell me that Darabont and Kirkman really know what their doing (not that there was any doubt about Kirkman anyway). The scenes in Atlanta look great as well. Especially running along the sidewalk shooting at the zombies and the scene inside the shop with the zombies at the window.
Great stuff.
Can't wait.

bassman
25-Sep-2010, 01:15 PM
Okay. It's official. There can no longer be worries about the gore. Intestines, shotgun wound to the head, full blown headshots, etc.

ProfessorChaos
25-Sep-2010, 04:13 PM
i still can't get over how crazy that bicycle girl looks. every time i photos/film, i'm blown away by how anatomically authentic she looks.

Neil
25-Sep-2010, 08:25 PM
i still can't get over how crazy that bicycle girl looks. every time i photos/film, i'm blown away by how anatomically authentic she looks.

? 5char

kidgloves
25-Sep-2010, 08:59 PM

Apparently her bottom half (or lack of) was cgi. Wasn't buried in the ground or anything

kidgloves
25-Sep-2010, 09:02 PM
? 5char

?? What does that mean Neil? I'm not completely up to speed with Internet forum speak

clanglee
26-Sep-2010, 05:52 AM
Holy shit.
SPOILERS

Oh dear god this is looking better and better!!!! This clip shoul alay the fears of anyone who worried about the level of gore on the show!!

kidgloves
26-Sep-2010, 04:37 PM
Superb fan created opening credits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phLVlvMKVi8

Tricky
26-Sep-2010, 07:30 PM
Apparently her bottom half (or lack of) was cgi. Wasn't buried in the ground or anything

Yeah on that clip you can see her bottom half is covered with blue material, same thing as filming against a blue background I guess

bassman
26-Sep-2010, 08:38 PM
People are going to kick off! I saw both running zombies & a zombie eating a rat in the behind the scenes clip

We know from the comics that these zombies also eat animals. Rick's Horse becomes a nice buffet.

As for the "running"...I would call it more moving swiftly. We already know that these zombies have a quick jog like the cemetery ghoul, but they won't be sprinting like Dawn04's dead.

I've watched this video five times now. The 31st can not arrive quick enough...

Tricky
26-Sep-2010, 09:25 PM
I've been spreading the word among folks who arent even particular zombie fans & all are looking forward to it now!

kidgloves
26-Sep-2010, 10:21 PM
I've been spreading the word among folks who arent even particular zombie fans & all are looking forward to it now!

+1
I've got a lot of people onboard with this. From colleagues at work to my nephew who loves film and moves in that sort of group. The Comicon trailer is the clincher .

clanglee
27-Sep-2010, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I have my dad reading the comic now. The pull of this show is powerful. If it lives up to even a small portion of what I have seen so far I will be happy.

bassman
01-Oct-2010, 11:54 PM
The Walking Dead: From Comic To Screen (http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/video?bcpid=86227333001&bclid=621108993001&bctid=621713587001)

kidgloves
02-Oct-2010, 06:44 AM
Its about survival
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=aXloRrMeKcw

Who is Rick Grimes?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOuB-3qcv-4

Neil
02-Oct-2010, 06:54 AM
Its about survival

Who is Rick Grimes?
Yum yum!!

kidgloves
02-Oct-2010, 05:05 PM
Yum yum!!

Absolutely. Im so impressed with what im seeing in these videos. So impressed.

Heres the AMC Comic book to screen one for the UK folks

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=CVwpbg9Nr6M&feature=related

Neil
02-Oct-2010, 05:32 PM
Absolutely. Im so impressed with what im seeing in these videos. So impressed.

Heres the AMC Comic book to screen one for the UK folks

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=CVwpbg9Nr6M&feature=related

Sweet :)

kidgloves
03-Oct-2010, 06:40 PM
I've watched the videos a few times now and I've got to say it really looks like they've nailed it. Andrew Lincoln IS Rick Grimes. He looks shit scared in the first sequences. Great acting. Looks very faithful to the comic.

Neil
04-Oct-2010, 01:24 PM
I've watched the videos a few times now and I've got to say it really looks like they've nailed it. Andrew Lincoln IS Rick Grimes. He looks shit scared in the first sequences. Great acting. Looks very faithful to the comic.

Forgot he was in "Love Actually"!!

bassman
04-Oct-2010, 01:27 PM
I hate to be the nitpicky fanboy here....but Lincoln's accent is all over the place in these trailer/clips. Maybe it's too early to tell, but his accent jumps around quite a bit. He'll go from a normal american accent, to a southern american accent, and sometimes let his usual accent slip into a few words.

Nothing major, just something I picked up on....

Neil
04-Oct-2010, 01:54 PM
^^ nitpicky fanboy :)

I caught a bit of that too!

kidgloves
04-Oct-2010, 02:47 PM
Forgot he was in "Love Actually"!!

I know him as Egg out of This Life

Neil
04-Oct-2010, 03:20 PM
I know him as Egg out of This Life

Then you'd recognise another familiar face from Pirates of the Caribbean too then :)

kidgloves
04-Oct-2010, 03:48 PM
Then you'd recognise another familiar face from Pirates of the Caribbean too then :)

I didn't recognise him tbh. POC was a throway movie for me. Wasnt really paying attention but a quick imdb visit turns up the lawyer guy. Well i never. Milly and Egg stick in my mind for some reason.

Legion2213
04-Oct-2010, 06:46 PM
I like the way everybody involved keeps refering to it as a "a movie"...because from what I've seen it does look like a movie...it looks like a big budget project with high production values. :)

Neil
04-Oct-2010, 06:54 PM
I like the way everybody involved keeps refering to it as a "a movie"...because from what I've seen it does look like a movie...it looks like a big budget project with high production values. :)

I do hope we're not building it up so much that it can only fail to meet the expectations!

AcesandEights
04-Oct-2010, 07:13 PM
I do hope we're not building it up so much that it can only fail to meet the expectations!

That may very well happen for some, but I'm enjoying the suspense and excitement of the endeavor. As long as the series can balance introspection/ dialogue driven characters with a decent level of grit, realism and realistic behavior most people will be happy, but that is a tall order. Doubtless there will be some bitching about some little matter of accuracy (Pfah! Kentucky Blue Grass would never stay green and short so long w/out fertilizer & a weekly trimming :rolleyes:).

I have my one thing I get picky about in the comic series...and don't read this if you're unfamiliar with the series and don't comment on it outside of spoilers for the sake of common courtesy:

Frikkin' UNBREAKABLE katana! A real, well made katana would have broken by now, not to mention whatever cheap ass version Michonne grabbed along the way...if it does break at some point after the Hunters cycle--don't tell me, as I'm not caught up yet.

Eat Flesh
05-Oct-2010, 03:42 AM
Its about survival

Who is Rick Grimes?

Oh man I am stoked for this show. Loved that short clip of torso Zombie dragging itself across the grass. Really looking forward to Halloween this year. :p

ProfessorChaos
05-Oct-2010, 04:07 AM
i've been telling all my friends and family about this show, most of them aren't even fans of zombie films and think this looks like it has a lot of potential.

the only single thing i've seen that bothers me (and it's a very minor gripe) is the writing on the doors in the hospital (seen in bassman's signature). first of all, my mind always wants to read it as "don't dead, open inside", and the lettering almost looks like somebody took a lot of time to make it look like urban graffiti or some shit.

as i said, that's a pretty minor gripe, and i've been keeping up with every tidbit released about this and that's the only thing that stands out as an issue.....that and the fact that halloween is still over 3 weeks away.:hyper:

and i guess i'm also a bit bummed by the fact that we only get 6 episodes in season 1....hopefully they get the ball rolling and season 2 starts soon, and we don't have to wait till next halloween for that to start.:bored:

EDukes
05-Oct-2010, 08:23 AM
the only single thing i've seen that bothers me (and it's a very minor gripe) is the writing on the doors in the hospital (seen in bassman's signature). first of all, my mind always wants to read it as "don't dead, open inside", and the lettering almost looks like somebody took a lot of time to make it look like urban graffiti or some shit.

It always annoys me in comic books when two people are having a conversation, but the bubbles are in some weird order.

MikePizzoff
05-Oct-2010, 12:25 PM
Do you guys realize we only have 26 days to go?!?!?!

bassman
05-Oct-2010, 01:39 PM
Shane Walsh
wAHPy0vQmdw?fs=1&hl=en_US

Awesome promo...
bksblNndixc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3

EDIT: I added all the youtube videos from the thread into the first post. Make it a little easier to get your TWD fix in one spot. ;)

kidgloves
05-Oct-2010, 04:41 PM
Shane Walsh

Awesome promo...
bksblNndixc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3

EDIT: I added all the youtube videos from the thread into the first post. Make it a little easier to get your TWD fix in one spot. ;)

Good man. Cheers:D

MikePizzoff
06-Oct-2010, 04:23 AM
Wow, that new TV advert is awesome. Sure to bring in more viewers, due to it seeming more like an action/horror than a drama.

ProfessorChaos
06-Oct-2010, 04:51 AM
Shane Walsh

the dude playing shane was also featured in "the pacific", and he did very well with that role. listening to him and seeing bits of how he's portraying the character, shane on screen appears to be much more likeable than shane from the comics.

i think it's funny he mentioned wanting to be a part of this forever, surely he's aware of what happens to his character...and i predict that will be the big finale for season one. maybe he can hang around on set and put on zombie makeup and be one of the walking dead hanging around in the background in big herds of zombies....:p

bassman
11-Oct-2010, 04:18 PM
i think it's funny he mentioned wanting to be a part of this forever, surely he's aware of what happens to his character...and i predict that will be the big finale for season one. maybe he can hang around on set and put on zombie makeup and be one of the walking dead hanging around in the background in big herds of zombies....:p

I think he was meaning something more along the lines of this show being respected and remembered forever and he's glad to be a part of it. That was my take on it, anyway. And yeah....my first thought was "You gone die!!!". :p

But hey...they've said they're changing some things to make the show a different experience. Who knows? Maybe Shane will stick around a while longer...

-- -------- Post added 11-Oct-2010 at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-Oct-2010 at 09:05 AM ----------

20 minute Making-of documentary (http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/). I'll put up the youtube version as soon as it's available.

kidgloves
11-Oct-2010, 04:43 PM
Apparently the 6 1/2 minutes shown at NYCC are online according to Dread Central. Can't find them anywhere though.

bassman
11-Oct-2010, 04:47 PM
Apparently the 6 1/2 minutes shown at NYCC are online according to Dread Central. Can't find them anywhere though.

It's VERY rough, but here it is. Starts around 2:30.

WK1dSB39R4c?fs=1&hl=en_US

It's actually got some good laughs. "Is there good news?" "No." :lol:

kidgloves
11-Oct-2010, 09:27 PM
I think he was meaning something more along the lines of this show being respected and remembered forever and he's glad to be a part of it. That was my take on it, anyway. And yeah....my first thought was "You gone die!!!". :p

But hey...they've said they're changing some things to make the show a different experience. Who knows? Maybe Shane will stick around a while longer...

---------- Post added 11-Oct-2010 at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-Oct-2010 at 09:05 AM ----------

20 minute Making-of documentary (http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/). I'll put up the youtube version as soon as it's available.

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL0OAhq6cpA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7gYbnspwGg

ProfessorChaos
11-Oct-2010, 09:38 PM
at this point, i'm done watching any more clips until the real deal hits on halloween night. seriously, there's so much footage out there, if you were able to splice it all in order together you'd probably have about 20 minutes of the pilot.

i realize it's only the first couple of episodes they've been previewing, but i want to be able to watch it for the first time and not feel as if i've already seen the whole thing in clips and previews already.

bassman
11-Oct-2010, 11:17 PM
You've got a point, prof. At first they were showing limited scenes that wouldn't really ruin the show, but recently i've seen some pretty major plot points spoiled. Particularly one involving a certain...."friendly" relationship.

Speaking of....at the NYCC the crowd booed Shane when they got to his turn to talk. :lol:

ProfessorChaos
11-Oct-2010, 11:43 PM
an example of how i feel as if i've already seen too much is the shot of rick inside of the tank with the dead soldier. i would've loved to have seen that for the first time on screen and been like "oh shit!" instead of already knowing what he's gonna find when he makes it into the tank....no more, dude. i want to at least have a few "oh damn!" moments come on oct 31!

*hides head in sand*

Legion2213
12-Oct-2010, 02:26 PM
an example of how i feel as if i've already seen too much is the shot of rick inside of the tank with the dead soldier. i would've loved to have seen that for the first time on screen and been like "oh shit!" instead of already knowing what he's gonna find when he makes it into the tank....no more, dude. i want to at least have a few "oh damn!" moments come on oct 31!

*hides head in sand*

That is a valid point, Prof, every time I watched the older clip, I kept thinking "shit, I wonder if there is a zack in that tank?"

Now I know without seeing it on the show-proper. :(

Still...what great moment...tank zombie looked fucking boss! :cool:

ProfessorChaos
12-Oct-2010, 06:03 PM
agreed, it does look quite creepy with the way the dead soldier kinda realizes that lunch just dropped right next to him...and while it's not exactly a major spoiler related to the plot, it's still something that i would've loved to have seen for the first time on my tv screen with beer in hand, chilling with my buddies, all of us having the same reaction to rick's discovery. i mean, imagine the rush you'd get, running from hundreds of zombies in the open streets, taking cover inside a tank, only to find another one inside the tank with you, super close quarters...*shivers*

but now, the element of surprise is ruined for me, i'll just have to sit with my friends and listen to their reactions, thinking "goddamn, why did i have to watch every clip posted!?!?!"...yeah, seeing that clip was the exact moment i decided to just put on my blinders till the premiere.

kidgloves
13-Oct-2010, 05:36 PM
New tv spot #7

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=DDuLc9YB0lY

Mike70
13-Oct-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't want to look but i just can't stop myself.:annoyed::D

Neil
13-Oct-2010, 06:48 PM
BTW! Thanks for maintaining this Bassman!

bassman
13-Oct-2010, 06:56 PM
BTW! Thanks for maintaining this Bassman!

Fo shizzle. Although like Prof has mentioned....i'm starting to become weary of watching any more of these things...

That reminds me. All new videos added to the first post.

ProfessorChaos
13-Oct-2010, 09:52 PM
yeah, i was about to click that link, but i'm standing my ground and not reading/watching anything more about the show till it airs...18 days isn't that long of a wait, fellas.

MoonSylver
13-Oct-2010, 10:25 PM
Watched the 1st trailer & ain't watched shit since...you sissies need an iron will like me...:rolleyes: :whatever: :lol:

ProfessorChaos
13-Oct-2010, 10:45 PM
i'm working on it, moon...it's not something that just happens overnight...so far i've refrained from watching at least 2 videos (i heard one is 7 minutes long), so it's a work in progress.;)

MoonSylver
13-Oct-2010, 10:59 PM
i'm working on it, moon...it's not something that just happens overnight...so far i've refrained from watching at least 2 videos (i heard one is 7 minutes long), so it's a work in progress.;)

Maybe we need some kind of a support group, to help with this, watching crappy zombie movies in hopes of good ones, mapping out survival plans for "WHEN the zombpocalypse occurs", etc? "My name is ProfessorChaos & I'm a zomb-holic..."

No...wait, I think this forum is already that...:lol:

Neil
26-Oct-2010, 08:28 PM
"Zombie School" added to OP!

bassman
26-Oct-2010, 08:34 PM
That was one of the first videos released, too. Strange that I forgot to add it. Thanks Neil.

Neil
27-Oct-2010, 08:12 AM
NP! It's a very useful thread :)

kidgloves
30-Oct-2010, 02:34 PM
Official opening titles

U0MiQIlUJ_c

Mitchified
30-Oct-2010, 03:48 PM
As much as I love a movie or show that stays close to the source material, which judging by the comments made at Comic Con and the clips/trailers/whatever, I almost wish that The Walking Dead was going to be more like Dexter. You know, stay true to the source material but have stories that are original. A lot of the surprises and twists and turns are already known by the readers of the comics, and I for one miss being surprised and shocked by television shows. Besides Dexter, for me personally that hasn't happened since The X-Files was on.

bassman
01-Nov-2010, 04:13 PM
"This Season" preview
OUX3U5qrEPU?fs=1&hl=en_US

I think you can spot Nicotero as a zombie near the end of the video...

ProfessorChaos
01-Nov-2010, 05:01 PM
COMMENT FROM ADMIN - FFS SPOILERS!

c'mon sunday!!!! can't wait to see the escape from the city, the reunion of rick and his family, the scene with sports car hauling ass through the city....damn this show is gonna rock the fucking house!

kidgloves
01-Nov-2010, 06:12 PM
c'mon sunday!!!!!

spoilers dude

:)

ProfessorChaos
01-Nov-2010, 06:19 PM
nah, i'd hardly call any of that stuff spoilers.
it's obvious (and may even be depicted in the previews) about rick getting back to his family....now, if i were to go into the dynamics of what happens after he does, that might be spoiler-rific.:D

kidgloves
03-Nov-2010, 12:16 PM
Sneak Peak Episode 2

Guts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnL3cJhtI8Y)

Neil
03-Nov-2010, 12:46 PM
A reminder about spoilers! PLEASE PLEASE if in doubt SPOILER tag it!

Legion2213
03-Nov-2010, 08:27 PM
Dumb question, but where exactly are these spoiler tags...I can't find any kind of "spolier tab" up there. :|

bassman
03-Nov-2010, 08:49 PM
Dumb question, but where exactly are these spoiler tags...I can't find any kind of "spolier tab" up there. :|

It's the same as the quote tags. Just replace "quote" with "spoiler" and you're set.

Legion2213
03-Nov-2010, 08:52 PM
Cheers basy.

kidgloves
06-Nov-2010, 09:05 PM
Guts Sneak Peek #2

Guts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPuUs9CR3Ak)

bassman
08-Nov-2010, 11:14 PM
The making of "Guts". WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS

kfRvjezGvjI?fs=1&hl=en_US

ProfessorChaos
12-Nov-2010, 04:31 PM
xLgReJBx1oE

---------- Post added 12-Nov-2010 at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-Nov-2010 at 06:56 PM ----------

another preview of ep 3:

yf9K4OP4kEM

(this thread needs to be stickied.....quailman to the rescue?)

bassman
16-Nov-2010, 04:06 PM
"Vatos"(ep 4) preview

z5lQQZ7i15A?fs=1&hl=en_US

Ghoulman
17-Nov-2010, 10:03 AM
Well it's about time they start developing Jim a little more! How about Amy!?

bassman
23-Nov-2010, 01:20 PM
Ep 5 "Wildfire" preview. WARNING: DO NOT VIEW IF YOU'VE YET TO SEE EPISODE FOUR!!!

JqYdOw1BBEM?fs=1&hl=en_US

ProfessorChaos
23-Nov-2010, 09:18 PM
looks promising....man, i cannot get enough of this show. gonna be a long wait till next october....

MinionZombie
28-Nov-2010, 12:00 PM
The clip of episode five looks good - Laurie Holden, as I'd said in my thoughts on #4, was awesome - she acted her arse off. It went way beyond 'screen woe' if you know what I mean, it felt real and different and unique, not pulled out of some actor's text book, you know? Looks like we're gonna get some more episode stealing from Laurie Holden next week. :cool:

Looking forward to episode five ... five days away for us Brits.

bassman
29-Nov-2010, 04:23 PM
"Wildfire" sneak preview #2. A very familiar scene from the comics. Or at least a reference to it. Can't wait to see this epiosde tonight. :hyper:

RTaRihN1LTU?fs=1&hl=en_US

---------- Post added 29-Nov-2010 at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was 28-Nov-2010 at 06:40 PM ----------

Episode 6 "TS-19" Sneak Peak.

-ulJXl20fNQ&hl=en_US&

Also worth noting....AMC will be airing the ENTIRE SEASON on Sunday the 5th. It starts at 4:30 Eastern and ends with the season finale at 10.

MinionZombie
04-Dec-2010, 10:50 AM
The TS-19 clip looks pretty darn cool. Nifty new way to really show 'the science of zombie-ism' if you will. Really looking forward to seeing the finale! :)

ProfessorChaos
04-Dec-2010, 07:35 PM
ayZbqyZy5AY

who's ready for sunday?

bassman
06-Dec-2010, 12:51 PM
Inside "TS-19"

Obivously....don't watch this if you haven't seen the last episode.
OrQJt8DB-Us?fs=1&hl=en_US

kidgloves
22-Dec-2010, 06:12 PM
An extended Making of Season 1

Making of (http://www.amctv.com/videos/?bcpid=596002833001&bclid=1768641490&bctid=713336919001)

They reuse a lot of stuff we've seen already but it really picks up after 8 mins

MinionZombie
23-Dec-2010, 10:34 AM
An extended Making of Season 1

Making of (http://www.amctv.com/videos/?bcpid=596002833001&bclid=1768641490&bctid=713336919001)

They reuse a lot of stuff we've seen already but it really picks up after 8 mins

Will have to wait until it's posted on YouTube or something, because I'm not allowed to watch it as I'm not an Americalander. :(

bassman
23-Dec-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm now trying to avoid these new videos so I have something to look forward to when the BR is released in a few months...

MinionZombie
23-Dec-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm now trying to avoid these new videos so I have something to look forward to when the BR is released in a few months...

Hopefully we'll get dedicated making of content exclusive to the home video release. A proper making of charting the creation of the show before and during production, along with a section on the reaction to the show ... plus full on featurettes about the KNB work, and the zombies themselves ... I could easily see a "day in the life of a zombie on TWD" featurette. Add in some deleted scenes, plus all the online content, and that'd be schweet ... ... oh and a Darabont commentary on the first episode.

I don't want some half-assed release, and frankly, considering it has been such a hit, it deserves (and we the fans deserve) a proper treatment on home video.

kidgloves
23-Dec-2010, 08:08 PM
Will have to wait until it's posted on YouTube or something, because I'm not allowed to watch it as I'm not an Americalander. :(

Here you go

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw88QNh1wNE)

Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDG6ZrVxESY)

Also Directing zombies

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNbV_d74P-4)

and

Season 2 Preview

A Look Ahead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vz6EhSAfvA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL)

MinionZombie
24-Dec-2010, 08:56 AM
Here you go

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw88QNh1wNE)

Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDG6ZrVxESY)

Also Directing zombies

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNbV_d74P-4)

and

Season 2 Preview

A Look Ahead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vz6EhSAfvA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL)

The first two are still blocked for the UK. :(

The last two work though, so ta for those.

Goddamn region blocking on the internet! What's the point?

bassman
21-Jun-2011, 07:50 PM
And here we go again:

XevpXM82ltM

kidgloves
21-Jun-2011, 07:54 PM
LOL at Steven Yeung

bassman
07-Jul-2011, 03:29 PM
Robert Kirkman on the set of TWD season two

3R_-lPyxZyY

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2011, 04:58 PM
Robert Kirkman on the set of TWD season two

3R_-lPyxZyY

I'm cultivating such a semi right now... :D

kidgloves
08-Jul-2011, 11:54 AM
I recognise one of those locations from the 1st season

Thats the Vatos hideout in the video

bassman
08-Jul-2011, 12:28 PM
I recognise one of those locations from the 1st season

Thats the Vatos hideout in the video

Yeah, i'm fairly certain they'll be going back to that spot. I've recently seen photos of them shooting at the location that doubled as the exterior of that building. Plus....it kinda makes sense that they would stop there after the events at the end of episode six.

And just FYI - there's a "teaser trailer" that's been making it's way around the net. It's about 40 seconds long and while it is sorta nifty, Kirkman and Hurd have both confirmed that it's fan-made. Here's hoping we get Nicotero's real teaser before long...

kidgloves
08-Jul-2011, 04:55 PM
And just FYI - there's a "teaser trailer" that's been making it's way around the net. It's about 40 seconds long and while it is sorta nifty, Kirkman and Hurd have both confirmed that it's fan-made. Here's hoping we get Nicotero's real teaser before long...

Here it is. Some people have said it was produced by FX UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PIuP9JiRjM&feature=player_embedded

glazedoverdead
08-Jul-2011, 06:18 PM
Boneriffic!!!!!!

kidgloves
08-Jul-2011, 06:44 PM
I can confirm this is a FXUK teaser. My nephew saw it on tv last night.

AcesandEights
08-Jul-2011, 06:47 PM
That's a damn sweet bit of work.

ShadowMan
14-Jul-2011, 03:12 AM
Here's a new video entitled, "The First Zombie of Season 2". Enjoy!
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/inside-the-walking-dead-the-first-zombie-of-season-2

MinionZombie
14-Jul-2011, 10:13 AM
Here's a new video entitled, "The First Zombie of Season 2". Enjoy!
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/inside-the-walking-dead-the-first-zombie-of-season-2

Stupid country-coding bollocks ... will have to wait till a YouTube link pops up. :rolleyes:

bassman
14-Jul-2011, 11:58 AM
Stupid country-coding bollocks ... will have to wait till a YouTube link pops up. :rolleyes:

mdkJ8d6Bz8g

I really don't like her look, tbh...

AcesandEights
14-Jul-2011, 01:22 PM
I really don't like her look, tbh...

Yeah, I thought the make up might work alright for distant or medium shots but a lot of that camera work seemed like it might be close up, which the exaggerated eye make up seems overkill for.

MinionZombie
14-Jul-2011, 05:08 PM
Ah right, so in that photo it was a lens doing the major distortion - seeing her in the video her eyes look much more human and not so ... anime.

I think it looks fine though. Bring on TWD Season 2! :thumbsup:

kidgloves
18-Jul-2011, 11:30 AM
First look at season 2.
Ricks really pissed at something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNmwf_cI8q0

glazedoverdead
18-Jul-2011, 12:32 PM
Oh man... This is such good stuff! I cannot wait for October!!!

bassman
18-Jul-2011, 12:39 PM
That "First Look" was such a disappointment. Less than a minute and nothing but head bashing? :rolleyes:

I guess I set myself up for it. After Darabont's comments on Nicotero's teaser and this "First Look" being aired during the premiere of Breaking Bad, I was kinda hoping for the world. Still though....not a very good "sneak peak". At least give us something with some dialogue and mood....

AcesandEights
18-Jul-2011, 01:59 PM
Hell, I thought it was great! Not exactly the thinking man's preview, but I liked the effects.

MinionZombie
18-Jul-2011, 04:45 PM
First look at season 2.
Ricks really pissed at something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNmwf_cI8q0

Shame it's not this Nicotero trailer we've heard about - but even still, any new footage is good news. :)

Perhaps this clip is the 'cold open' from episode one, what with the themetune starting to kick in at the end of the clip.

kidgloves
18-Jul-2011, 05:41 PM
I think it raises a few good questions.

Why is Rick on his own?
Why is he so pissed?

AcesandEights
18-Jul-2011, 05:43 PM
I think it raises a few good questions.

Why is Rick on his own?
Why is he so pissed?

Yeah, in this respect it truly is a good teaser.

kidgloves
18-Jul-2011, 07:58 PM
Comic Con poster

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/07/15/walking_dead_1200.jpg

bassman
19-Jul-2011, 03:39 PM
That banner gets me more exited than the "first look". :lol:

Is it just me or does Rick look like an aciton figure there? Something about him looks out of place...

kidgloves
22-Jul-2011, 02:07 PM
How to kill a walker (montage from season 1)

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-how-to-kill-a-walker

Theres also some new pics released which i recommend that people DO NOT look at as they seem to have major spoilers

MinionZombie
22-Jul-2011, 04:57 PM
How to kill a walker (montage from season 1)

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-how-to-kill-a-walker

Theres also some new pics released which i recommend that people DO NOT look at as they seem to have major spoilers

Not viewable in the UK. :(

bassman
22-Jul-2011, 08:21 PM
Season Two Trailer

ipuXgEQarPI

I also gave this it's own thread. I imagine we'll be discussing this thing for a while.

Season Two Premieres October 16th.

ShadowMan
22-Jul-2011, 10:13 PM
Lovin' it! The vibe was totally gloom and doom...what a zombie show should be!

kidgloves
23-Jul-2011, 09:06 AM
Comic-Con panel

http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers#p/u/9/YFF8iEa92R8

http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers#p/u/8/jPkmPMcywAs

http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers#p/u/7/d0ZnFSbz9XA

http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers#p/u/6/V09zyJXwRyc

http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers#p/u/5/pNdcrDmOV3U

MinionZombie
23-Jul-2011, 10:56 AM
Comic-Con panel

http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers#p/u/9/YFF8iEa92R8

http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers#p/u/8/jPkmPMcywAs

http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers#p/u/7/d0ZnFSbz9XA

http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers#p/u/6/V09zyJXwRyc

http://www.youtube.com/user/magicinthenumbers#p/u/5/pNdcrDmOV3U

Ta for the linkage - I'll save those for later. :)

bassman
25-Jul-2011, 03:57 PM
Finally had a chance to watch the panel. Very nice. Strange they're moving the show to 9pm. That's a first for AMC.

Anyone else notice that Jon(Shane) has a shaved head? While they're still filming? Yeeeaaahhhh.:shifty:

kidgloves
25-Jul-2011, 04:20 PM
Finally had a chance to watch the panel. Very nice. Strange they're moving the show to 9pm. That's a first for AMC.

Anyone else notice that Jon(Shane) has a shaved head? While they're still filming? Yeeeaaahhhh.:shifty:

Yeah. I noticed that as well but the significance didn't sink in. Maybe he goes a bit loco and does it himself?

bassman
25-Jul-2011, 04:36 PM
Yeah. I noticed that as well but the significance didn't sink in. Maybe he goes a bit loco and does it himself?

That's certainly possible. Of course there is also another good possibility. :elol:

"A tick climbed my mountain to the peak." "....Holy Fresh." :lol:

kidgloves
25-Jul-2011, 04:49 PM
That's certainly possible. Of course there is also another good possibility. :elol:

"A tick climbed my mountain to the peak." "....Holy Fresh." :lol:

Ohhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Of course :elol::stunned:

MinionZombie
25-Jul-2011, 05:34 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Of course :elol::stunned:

Indeed, and other suggestive mutterings. :rockbrow:

Watched the panel myself t'other day - thoroughly enjoyed it - was that Chris Hardwick (of the Nerdist podcast) moderating? "Holy Fresh!" Wished the panel could have gone on longer, there was plenty going on, but so many got a bit sidelined (as is often the way, but it seemed somewhat moreso here) - although, it was good that the moderator asked each panel member some questions before opening it to the audience, so that everyone gets covered.

Speaking of the Nerdist - they did an episode with Robert Kirkman, which can be found here - http://www.nerdist.com/2011/05/nerdist-podcast-93-robert-kirkman/

bassman
26-Jul-2011, 12:01 AM
Watched the panel myself t'other day - thoroughly enjoyed it - was that Chris Hardwick (of the Nerdist podcast) moderating?

Yeah, that's Hardwick. He's also popular on G4. Not sure you guys get that network across seas....

As for the panel - Yeah....some of those questions were a waste of time. I mean....comparing Lady Gaga to TWD? They couldn't come up with some better questions than THAT?

MinionZombie
26-Jul-2011, 09:57 AM
Bass - we don't get G4 - the only way we get that is via t'intarwebztubez.

kidgloves
28-Jul-2011, 07:45 PM
More Comic-Con advertising

http://www.ircz.de/static/pics/2011/07/28_16_20_55/178817_460s.jpg

:elol::elol::elol::elol:

kidgloves
17-Aug-2011, 06:25 PM
Short video of TWD Panel at Flashback Weekend

http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/post/9036402468/the-walking-dead-panel-at-the-2011-flashback

Rooker, Yeun and Rothenberg

MinionZombie
18-Aug-2011, 10:35 AM
Short video of TWD Panel at Flashback Weekend

http://walkingdead.fxuk.com/post/9036402468/the-walking-dead-panel-at-the-2011-flashback

Rooker, Yeun and Rothenberg

I'm glad that Yeun said what he said about the vibe on set, regardless of the horseshit up top at AMC, because while I'm sure it's been very trying for them to be in that situation, and to lose Darabont in such a way has been a real blow, it's good to hear that they're still keeping their heads down to make a good show - and Yeun seems like a true and honest guy.

And man, Michael Rooker's a cheeky handful isn't he? :lol:

rongravy
18-Aug-2011, 11:23 PM
More Comic-Con advertising

http://www.ircz.de/static/pics/2011/07/28_16_20_55/178817_460s.jpg

:elol::elol::elol::elol:
Ha, when I looked at that the other day, I didn't even notice the body parts hanging off the back!!!
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

kidgloves
24-Aug-2011, 05:21 PM
4 new teasers with some new footage not in the trailer

http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dead-season-2-new-teaser-videos-released/

bassman
24-Aug-2011, 05:40 PM
"Makes True Blood look like iCarly." :lol:

True. Funny, but true.

MinionZombie
27-Aug-2011, 07:00 PM
Grrr ... goddamned AMC and their stupid region blocking. :mad:

kidgloves
31-Aug-2011, 07:13 PM
Grrr ... goddamned AMC and their stupid region blocking. :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or7XxHJDDoQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEuNfNkGckI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FyjxMKy2U0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFketM55K3E

-- -------- Post added 31-Aug-2011 at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was 28-Aug-2011 at 01:34 PM ----------

A preview of one of the EFX featurettes on the special edition.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=20711

bassman
31-Aug-2011, 07:19 PM
So nice to see new special features and not stuff regurgitated from AMC's site. Can't wait for Oct 4th...

kidgloves
31-Aug-2011, 08:28 PM
So nice to see new special features and not stuff regurgitated from AMC's site. Can't wait for Oct 4th...

Grrrrrrrrrr. Not in the UK though. I swear Anchor Bay and AMC are forcing me to obtain their content for free when all i want to do is give them money in appreciation.

MinionZombie
01-Sep-2011, 10:18 AM
Grrrrrrrrrr. Not in the UK though. I swear Anchor Bay and AMC are forcing me to obtain their content for free when all i want to do is give them money in appreciation.

For crying out loud AMC/Anchor Bay?! WTF?! :mad:

bassman
01-Sep-2011, 01:06 PM
Would it really be AMC/Anchor Bay's fault, though? I thought it was handled by different companies in other regions?

MinionZombie
01-Sep-2011, 06:10 PM
Would it really be AMC/Anchor Bay's fault, though? I thought it was handled by different companies in other regions?

Well it somebody's fault! :D:mad:

kidgloves
05-Sep-2011, 03:37 PM
DragonCon Panel

Bernthal still sporting a shaven head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbmJxjPL7mE

bassman
06-Sep-2011, 12:29 PM
I wonder why Reedus isn't at the panel. I know for a fact he was at the con. My brother was one of his guards and got pictures with the boondock saints. One of his favorite movies, so that was cool. He also met Lance Henrikson and Principal Strickland. Lucky bastard.

kidgloves
13-Sep-2011, 04:27 PM
Another small teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5bejZ1gRkw&feature=player_detailpage

-- -------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Love the new poster

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/22178/walking_dead_sm.jpg

bassman
13-Sep-2011, 04:46 PM
Wow....that IS an awesome poster. I would love to have that on my wall...

kidgloves
21-Sep-2011, 06:28 PM
Wow....that IS an awesome poster. I would love to have that on my wall...

Aye. Beautiful and haunting. Im gonna hunt that down and get one for the home cinema.

-- -------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

I wonder why Reedus isn't at the panel. I know for a fact he was at the con. My brother was one of his guards and got pictures with the boondock saints. One of his favorite movies, so that was cool. He also met Lance Henrikson and Principal Strickland. Lucky bastard.

Reedus either came later or was their earlier. I've heard some audio from the con with him on it.

-- -------- Post added 14-Sep-2011 at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was 13-Sep-2011 at 06:18 PM ----------

A new clip from the extras on the special edition

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/47217/new-walking-dead-new-collectors-edition-behind-scenes-clip

Frank looks like he was having a great time :(

-- -------- Post added 19-Sep-2011 at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 14-Sep-2011 at 07:08 PM ----------

New tv spot.

kl2D-1xwFKI

Hate the music they used though

-- -------- Post added 21-Sep-2011 at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was 19-Sep-2011 at 10:00 AM ----------

New VFX clip from the Special Edition

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/47359/new-behind-scenes-clip-walking-dead-collectors-edition-begins-decay

Another tv spot

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/47377/more-walking-dead-season-two-casting-news-and-new-tv-spot

MinionZombie
22-Sep-2011, 09:58 AM
All these clips of extra features ... the buggers should release the special edition beyond North America!

bassman
26-Sep-2011, 01:23 PM
"We pull no punches" Featurette

YSq5fD7hsqA

kidgloves
28-Sep-2011, 05:43 PM
New Trailer. Sorry MZ. US only at the mo

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-season-2-on-air-trailer-6

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2011, 09:52 AM
New Trailer. Sorry MZ. US only at the mo

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-season-2-on-air-trailer-6

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/comicbookguy.gif

Region coding - Worst. Idea. EVER.

:p

bassman
29-Sep-2011, 01:22 PM
Region coding - Worst. Idea. EVER.

Youtube. Best. Idea. EVER?

xobkg7_wjCk

It's nothing special, anyway. It's mainly composed of shots we've already seen in the 4 minute trailer.

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2011, 06:23 PM
Youtube. Best. Idea. EVER?

xobkg7_wjCk

It's nothing special, anyway. It's mainly composed of shots we've already seen in the 4 minute trailer.

Thanks for the linkage, Bassman. :cool:

Some new stuff towards the end of the trailer ... and oh yeah - the new girl (Lauren Cohan) is cuuuuuuute. :o;)

kidgloves
02-Oct-2011, 12:19 PM
New "Hope Survives" trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItFobTN8xeY&feature=player_embedded

Another action orientated trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppca5-wntk

ProfessorChaos
02-Oct-2011, 05:51 PM
season two starts just two weeks from today, hard to believe....i've been trying to ignore all the trailers and clips, but with the premiere being so close, i'm running out of willpower and self-control.

hard to believe that the 1st episode hasn't made its way online yet.

rongravy
02-Oct-2011, 06:53 PM
season two starts just two weeks from today, hard to believe....i've been trying to ignore all the trailers and clips, but with the premiere being so close, i'm running out of willpower and self-control.

hard to believe that the 1st episode hasn't made its way online yet.
Grrrr, I know, right?
Then I get to jones every week for the next episode. They need to do something like make a big screen movie between every season, something with a huge budget and even gorier rated R carnage.
I need to rewatch the first season soon to get geared up for it.
Must control... myself...

Also, are they going to reshow the first season at all before it starts again? I searched DirecTV and got nada. I don't own the discs yet, so I'd have to get it from Netflix.

bassman
02-Oct-2011, 08:21 PM
The webisodes start tomorrow. Maybe that can hold you guys over for the next two weeks....

kidgloves
02-Oct-2011, 09:04 PM
Im absolutely gagging for this and so are quite a few of my friends who aren't even into the post apocalyptic scenario or zombies. A very good sign. The ratings will be interesting.

clanglee
03-Oct-2011, 03:50 AM
Also, are they going to reshow the first season at all before it starts again? I searched DirecTV and got nada. I don't own the discs yet, so I'd have to get it from Netflix.

First season is available on demand right now.

kidgloves
03-Oct-2011, 09:54 AM
"I See a Darkness" promo

meQzPl0uqFY

bassman
03-Oct-2011, 04:38 PM
"Inside Props"

Nothing amazing, but there's something worth seeing at about 15-16 seconds. :sneaky:

W920KaSBnec

MinionZombie
03-Oct-2011, 06:02 PM
"Inside Props"

Nothing amazing, but there's something worth seeing at about 15-16 seconds. :sneaky:

W920KaSBnec

If the bit at 15-16 seconds means what I hope it means, then I'll be a very happy camper. :)

Soooooo looking forward to season two, in spite of some turmoil behind the scenes.

bassman
03-Oct-2011, 06:14 PM
TWD Webisodes:

Qajfj5wzcCU

kidgloves
05-Oct-2011, 04:50 PM
I like what im seeing now. Looks like we find out what Jenner said Its obviously not Lori being pregnant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz5thC7ylLk

-- -------- Post added 05-Oct-2011 at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-Oct-2011 at 11:49 PM ----------

New behind the scenes stuff.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/10/the-walking-dead-new-season-2-footage-not-for-the-faint-of-heart.html

-- -------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Youtube version. Loadsa footage in this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJZ0pI9H-NM

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2011, 05:51 PM
I like what im seeing now. Looks like we find out what Jenner said Its obviously not Lori being pregnant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz5thC7ylLk

-- -------- Post added 05-Oct-2011 at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-Oct-2011 at 11:49 PM ----------

New behind the scenes stuff.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/10/the-walking-dead-new-season-2-footage-not-for-the-faint-of-heart.html

-- -------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Youtube version. Loadsa footage in this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJZ0pI9H-NM

These clips always make it to YouTube in the end - why don't AMC and all the other companies who keep putting up region-locking videos just drop that region locking crap, or bung it on YouTube themselves?

Anyway - thanks for the YT link dude ... mind you, all this teasing is giving me blue balls. :sneaky::p:D

Bring on season two!

kidgloves
07-Oct-2011, 09:08 PM
Excellent FXuk trailer with Shane losing the hair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49ELgVujst4&list=FLfmKUrrsGMajWOsjYkZoiGA&index=1

paranoid101
07-Oct-2011, 11:44 PM
johnny cash providing soundtracks to the zombie apocalypse lol

bassman
08-Oct-2011, 06:06 PM
Cash has been used on so many zombie movies it's starting to become mandatory...

kidgloves
13-Oct-2011, 10:59 PM
Great scene between Andrea and Dale (US only at the moment)

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-sneak-peek-episode-201-what-lies-ahead

bassman
13-Oct-2011, 11:17 PM
must....refuse....to...watch. Three....days...away...

MinionZombie
14-Oct-2011, 10:03 AM
must....refuse....to...watch. Three....days...away...

Speaking of which, as a reminder to all, like last year let's have a separate thread for each individual episode of the show as they come along - that way us Brits (who have to wait five extra days to see it) can join the conversation when we're ready, and therefore not stumble upon any spoilers in more general threads such as these. :)

kidgloves
16-Oct-2011, 11:02 AM
5 min scene "under the cars" shown at NYCC yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFWRhp5-qM

bassman
16-Oct-2011, 01:46 PM
I friggin love Daryl now. He's a badass. :lol:

Looks like T-Dog may not be with us much longer...

MinionZombie
16-Oct-2011, 04:24 PM
5 min scene "under the cars" shown at NYCC yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFWRhp5-qM

I friggin love Daryl now. He's a badass. :lol:

Looks like T-Dog may not be with us much longer...

I was going to try and resist watching the clip, but who am I kidding?

It was a stonker of a clip by the way. :cool: Even out of context it was very tense.

I too, like bassman, love the character of Daryl now. At first I thought he was a bit of a twat, but as soon as they got into the city in Vatos - he started to show his worth - then when he saw the revenge that his brother seemingly wrought on the group, I think he's moved closer to the group, and he's become actually quite a good character - I look forward to seeing more of his skills in the coming episodes!

As for T-Dog ... well, he's seemingly in trouble there, but then again perhaps Herschel will be able to help him out?

BRING ON SEASON TWO!!!

ProfessorChaos
16-Oct-2011, 05:28 PM
damm, that was awesome. daryl is the man. and yeah, t-dog's little boo-boo looked pretty serious, almost like an artery was severed in his fall...if that's the case, he's probably fuct.

less than nine hours out....CAN. NOT. WAIT.

kidgloves
16-Oct-2011, 07:02 PM

It was a stonker of a clip by the way. :cool: Even out of context it was very tense.

I too, like bassman, love the character of Daryl now. At first I thought he was a bit of a twat, but as soon as they got into the city in Vatos - he started to show his worth - then when he saw the revenge that his brother seemingly wrought on the group, I think he's moved closer to the group, and he's become actually quite a good character - I look forward to seeing more of his skills in the coming episodes!

As for T-Dog ... well, he's seemingly in trouble there, but then again perhaps Herschel will be able to help him out?

BRING ON SEASON TWO!!!

Apparently you learn a lot about Daryl's back story in season 2 via flashbacks. From what i've read thats how they're going to flesh out most of the characters

living dude
16-Oct-2011, 10:45 PM

BRING ON SEASON TWO!!!

SPOILER ALERT!

i haven't even seen a commercial yet

MinionZombie
17-Oct-2011, 09:11 AM
Apparently you learn a lot about Daryl's back story in season 2 via flashbacks. From what i've read thats how they're going to flesh out most of the characters

Interesting ... I wonder if it'll be to their normal lives, or their lives just as the outbreak begins?

Also - I dug the screwdriver moment in that clip. ;)

kidgloves
21-Oct-2011, 09:20 PM
This time its from FXUK

http://fxuk.com/shows/the-walking-dead/videos/1213747704001/bloodletting

bassman
21-Oct-2011, 09:27 PM
So as a US member I can watch the UK videos, but it doesn't work the other way around for you guys? AMC is a stingy bitch. :lol:

Anyway...I really enjoyed that. I hope to see more of these kinda "fill in the blanks" flashbacks. Although i'm sure it's too "soap opera" for some....

kidgloves
21-Oct-2011, 10:00 PM
Anyway...I really enjoyed that. I hope to see more of these kinda "fill in the blanks" flashbacks. Although i'm sure it's too "soap opera" for some....

I enjoyed it as well. I do like the flashbacks as long as they keep them pre opening credits and don't overuse them