PDA

View Full Version : 90-minute premiere episode on Halloween night...

Neil
25-Aug-2010, 08:17 PM
Just thought I'd post it out in the open so people can see :)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46250

bassman
25-Aug-2010, 08:19 PM
That's for amerrrcuns. You guys have to wait until November. No exact date yet...just november. Hopefully it won't be too long.

It's going to be November 1st 00:01am.... PLEASE :)

ProfessorChaos
25-Aug-2010, 08:59 PM
i may end up getting DVR service added for this one. can't wait till halloween night!:hyper:

JDFP
25-Aug-2010, 09:06 PM
I am really looking forward to seeing this series.

With that said, I won't be watching it on TV but will wait until it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray to rent it from Netflix. I don't do shows on regular run television for various reasons (all of which I've whined/discussed here before so won't go back into again). I'll look forward to watching it if it runs a full season without being cancelled (which I doubt it will) and if it does get cancelled without a legitimate ending I won't have to worry about it becuase I won't have started watching it to get interested and thus become disappointed that it's become cancelled.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching the whole first season on DVD / Blu-Ray come next Halloween as opposed to just getting week by week installments.

j.p.

Legion2213
25-Aug-2010, 09:10 PM
Hell on earth = When our American members start flooding the forum with "ooh, did ya see that bit where..." while us non-Americans jelously peer through the window. :rant:

You lucky, lucky bastards! :D

DjfunkmasterG
25-Aug-2010, 11:12 PM
FUCK, I will be in Sarasota FL that weekend with Deadlands 2... Well will programmy the TIVO for that and watch it when I gets home. :sneaky:

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 12:49 AM
It's going to be November 1st 00:01am.... PLEASE :)

WTF? Editing my posts, are we?

Anyway...I was just stating that I haven't heard an official UK release date yet...

I'll look forward to watching it if it runs a full season without being cancelled (which I doubt it will) and if it does get cancelled without a legitimate ending I won't have to worry about it becuase I won't have started watching it to get interested and thus become disappointed that it's become cancelled.

AMC has already picked the show up for a 14 episode second season following the first 6 episode season. No cancelling just yet.

Skold
26-Aug-2010, 04:17 AM
i'm no scientist or anything, but i'm pretty sure that the UK release date is the 30 mins after the US showing is over for someone to torrent it, and the 30 mins it takes someone to get it.

EDukes
26-Aug-2010, 05:49 AM
I'll be at ZomBcon that weekend. Hopefully they'll be able to organize a screening at the convention.

Neil
26-Aug-2010, 06:49 AM
Hell on earth = When our American members start flooding the forum with "ooh, did ya see that bit where..." while us non-Americans jelously peer through the window. :rant:

We will have to have a STRICT *spoiler* policy!

Ghost Of War
26-Aug-2010, 08:42 AM
Well, I'll be torrenting the US airing, Sky+ing the UK airing, buying the DVD, the Blu-ray, t-shirts, mugs, pencil sharpeners, bean bags, wobbly head dolls, etc.

Seriously though, I think it'll only be 2 days later at the most in the UK. I can handle that.

MinionZombie
26-Aug-2010, 09:34 AM
Separate threads for each episode, with a clear "**SPOILER**" warning on the title, so we can all join in once we've seen it - i.e. no posting about episode content in other threads.

I do hope we Brits get it like November 1st or 2nd at the latest. I can't abide waiting a week or something ruddy nonsense like that. Legion had it right - hell on earth avoiding spoilers on here for TWD come November. :p

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 12:08 PM
So one of you mods wanna tell me why you're editing my posts?

Strict spoiler policy? Just use spoiler tags.

How about a policy where you don't edit my posts for no apparent reason?:rockbrow:

Neil
26-Aug-2010, 03:05 PM
Separate threads for each episode, with a clear "**SPOILER**" warning on the title, so we can all join in once we've seen it - i.e. no posting about episode content in other threads.

I do hope we Brits get it like November 1st or 2nd at the latest. I can't abide waiting a week or something ruddy nonsense like that. Legion had it right - hell on earth avoiding spoilers on here for TWD come November. :p

Agreed! Thread per episode, spoilers to be expected in them! So read at your own risk etc...

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

How about a policy where you don't edit my posts for no apparent reason?:rockbrow:

What? Where?

AcesandEights
26-Aug-2010, 03:19 PM

All the more reason to politely but firmly encourage the use of spoiler tags, common courtesy and common sense.

BillyRay
26-Aug-2010, 03:43 PM

Reverse the countries, replace the title "Walking Dead" with "Doctor Who", and you'll have an idea what we American fans have had to deal with since the 1980's... :rant:

Just sayin'.

bassman
26-Aug-2010, 04:01 PM
What? Where?

Someone added this to my first post in this thread. Not that there's a problem with the sentence, I just found it strange that someone added that to my post rather than making their own...

It's going to be November 1st 00:01am.... PLEASE

MinionZombie
26-Aug-2010, 04:53 PM
Reverse the countries, replace the title "Walking Dead" with "Doctor Who", and you'll have an idea what we American fans have had to deal with since the 1980's... :rant:

Just sayin'.
And replace "Doctor Who" with "about every show from America" and you can sit back in your chair quietly. :sneaky::p:lol:

MikePizzoff
30-Aug-2010, 12:14 PM
Looks like this might be my first Halloween without going to a party in many years, strictly for this.

However, I think I'm going to DVR it and wait until it's nearly over to start watching it so I can skip commercials.

bassman
30-Aug-2010, 12:16 PM
However, I think I'm going to DVR it and wait until it's nearly over to start watching it so I can skip commercials.

I'm still holding out some hope that Darabont's pilot episode is commercial free....

MikePizzoff
30-Aug-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm still holding out some hope that Darabont's pilot episode is commercial free....

AMC is known to do that, aren't they?

bassman
30-Aug-2010, 12:41 PM
AMC is known to do that, aren't they?

I'm not sure, but I seem to remember them airing Night without commercials last year. Seeing as TWD is a big premiere event for the network and it's Frank Darabont, it wouldn't surprise me if the pilot aired without commercials.

DjfunkmasterG
30-Aug-2010, 03:02 PM

Well unless you're going to POLICE the boards 24/7 I don't see that happening without issues... However, VBB can be programmed to have a SPLASH page for anyone who enters a dedicated forum. Maybe Andy or Neil can set it up that when you click on the link to enter THE WALKING DEAD forum you are directed to a splash page that clearly spells out the SPOILER aspect and you have to agree ebfore you're allowed to enter the forum and post.

That is your best defense in handling that aspect I can think of aside from round the clock Mod policing of this forum... which I know won't happen.

bassman
30-Aug-2010, 03:27 PM
Is this too difficult for people around here?