PDA

View Full Version : Happy to report... Update on my film

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jun-2006, 07:38 PM
The first 15 minutes + of the film are now complete and edited together with score. We have one more weekend of Principal photography to complete, and then it is all post production from here on out.

Once the last weekend of Principal is in the can... I will put on the web a new trailer and a 2 minute clip from the film for you guys to check out.

DVD Pre-orders: We will be taking orders soon for DVDs. We haven't worked out a final cost or final content structure 100%, but it won't be much longer. We expect to have the film released by December 19th 2006, however it could come a little sooner. (Halloween). :D

Bunker65
12-Jun-2006, 12:28 PM
That's great news DJ. I'll be looking forward to the new trailer & footage :). From what I've seen already you can count on a pre-order from me http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1055.gif.

Danny
12-Jun-2006, 02:41 PM
*80's style high five* noooiyce!.

great work dj you do some good shiznit.

Adrenochrome
12-Jun-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to it!

bassman
12-Jun-2006, 02:56 PM
COOL! Home movies for sale!:sneaky:

I hope you guys will take checks...

I don't believe in credit cards.:confused:

DjfunkmasterG
12-Jun-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks everyone.

Well a little update. I now have 37 minutes edited together. A full 37 minutes. Not all of the score or sound FX are present yet, but with each day I get more and more completed.

Pistolero Films
12-Jun-2006, 09:47 PM
Hey

I cant wait to see the final product. Post production can be a blessing or a nightmare and I am glad to see it is working in your favour.

DjfunkmasterG
13-Jun-2006, 07:04 PM
Here is a pic of my zombies and I working on the ending for the film. This was our 3rd to last weekend of shooting.

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/8272/dsc008574eb.jpg

axlish
13-Jun-2006, 07:08 PM
Ok, is that a ghost in the window on the left? Creepy!

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2006, 10:37 AM
I don't think so... I think it is a statue. However, i don't remember seeing a statue while I was there, but I also didn't spend a lot of time on that back porch.

LouCipherr would be the man to ask on that one.

Another update kids... As of last night I have 51 minutes of the film completed in edit. and most of it is scored. Once we film this weekend it is just a matter of tweaking everything.

I don't think so... I think it is a statue. However, i don't remember seeing a statue while I was there, but I also didn't spend a lot of time on that back porch.

LouCipherr would be the man to ask on that one.

Also, so you know. The three teenage kids are the Spaghetti Industries make-up team. They're one of 4 make-up teams on DEADLANDS. They have been a big help and I know my make-up supervisor Stephanie Petagno was relieved to have some help when they came aboard. These kids do some good work and they worked with us on UNDER THE BED, the short horror film we did for the 48 hour film project. They were delighted to have seen their work on a big screen when UTB showed at the AFI in silver spring. :D

Another update kids... As of last night I have 51 minutes of the film completed in edit. and most of it is scored. Once we film this weekend it is just a matter of tweaking everything.

Update: what low life skeezball had the balls to give me a negative rep point for this post and not have the mutherf*cking balls to say why. Whoever you are you are a scumbag.

deadwrtr
14-Jun-2006, 12:55 PM
Nicely done DJ. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on a copy when it is ready.

As for the negative rep points, the whole idea is ridiculous, as I stated months ago, and does nothing but breed animosity amongst users of this board. Why did someone give you a negative rep? There was nothing inflammatory in your post.

BTW... hurry up with that film, willya? :)

Deadman_Deluxe
14-Jun-2006, 01:03 PM
The first 15 minutes + of the film are now complete and edited together with score.

Come on now? Don't tell me i have just wasted the majority of my own personal downtime during the past several months writing/composing/mixing a complete score for your DEADLAND's movie .... which you do not intend to use?

Pistolero Films
14-Jun-2006, 01:05 PM
Negative rep point for making us wait too freaking long....hurry up! We can't wait! lol

About your scoring the movie - how is that coming along and how are you doing it? I'm not scoring mine, but I am interested in how you guys are doing it, just in case my plans fail and I gotta do this myself or with another group.

You got a lot of zombies dude....great stuff too!

Love the armless hairy dude...hahaha

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2006, 01:36 PM
Come on now? Don't tell me i have just wasted the majority of my own personal downtime during the past several months writing/composing/mixing a complete score for your DEADLAND's movie .... which you do not intend to use?

I still have tons of spaces I need musical score for. I am just waiting for your cd dude. I have to have a score in order to edit. So i had to compose music to get me through the editing process. I can't edit without music.

Negative rep point for making us wait too freaking long....hurry up! We can't wait! lol

About your scoring the movie - how is that coming along and how are you doing it? I'm not scoring mine, but I am interested in how you guys are doing it, just in case my plans fail and I gotta do this myself or with another group.

You got a lot of zombies dude....great stuff too!

Love the armless hairy dude...hahaha

I asked Deadman to compase a score for me... I just needed to do a lot of the score so i could edit the film. I can't edit without music. I know that makes me a poor editor, but it is the only way i can get the pacing down correct.

Once he gets me the CD with the music I can drop them into the time line and tweak the edit.

I use a yamaha synth, fruity loops, and Adobe Audition to compose.

LouCipherr
14-Jun-2006, 05:45 PM
Ok, is that a ghost in the window on the left? Creepy!

Actually, I know it's not a statue - my uncle has no statues in or around his house.

I think it might have been a zombie that wasn't in the picture but was standing behind/next to me while taking the picture. I guess his reflection just showed up in the window. There were lights behind us, so it's possible. Who knows.

51 minutes so far - and I know what scenes you're up to in the film, so all I can say is... woohoo! :D :D Color me happy.

Oh, and the 'armless hairy guy' - he appeared elsewhere in the movie too, complete with a bloody human finger lodged in his beard! :D

BTW: The neg rep thing is foolish, and I agree - it's only going to breed animosity among users, but it's not my board, so who am I, eh?

Deadman_Deluxe
14-Jun-2006, 06:24 PM
No problems ;)

Needless to say the loss of my entire hard drive, and my main studio PC, has somewhat slowed me down since march/april, but i have ALL the work files backed up twice over and am still working on the music on this "moody" laptop, which unfortunately is not hooked up to the main studio :(

I was hoping to recieve a few more final edits since last january as i had already composed the music for the couple of edits you did send me in a matter of days, but in the meantime i have been working on about 30 new pieces of coincidental music which you can drop into almost any edit with a bit of "fade in/out magic".

The downside to that is that i have only heard these pieces on headphones, never through the complete system, and working with SMPTE is totally out of the question when i have no footage to look at and/or work from.

The upside of course being that each new piece i am writing is just getting better and better so you can literally pick and choose which pieces to include ... ROAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR :D

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jun-2006, 06:26 PM
Nicely done DJ. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on a copy when it is ready.

As for the negative rep points, the whole idea is ridiculous, as I stated months ago, and does nothing but breed animosity amongst users of this board. Why did someone give you a negative rep? There was nothing inflammatory in your post.

BTW... hurry up with that film, willya? :)

Maybe for the size of the photo... which I ended up taking out and just making a direct link. Which ever it is they are a douche for doing it.

:D
No problems ;)

Needless to say the loss of my entire hard drive, and my main studio PC, has somewhat slowed me down since march/april, but i have ALL the work files backed up twice over and am still working on the music on this "moody" laptop, which unfortunately is not hooked up to the main studio :(

I was hoping to recieve a few more final edits since last january as i had already composed the music for the couple of edits you did send me in a matter of days, but in the meantime i have been working on about 30 new pieces of coincidental music which you can drop into almost any edit with a bit of "fade in/out magic".

The downside to that is that i have only heard these pieces on headphones, never through the complete system, and working with SMPTE is totally out of the question when i have no footage to look at and/or work from.

The upside of course being that each new piece i am writing is just getting better and better so you can literally pick and choose which pieces to include ... ROAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR :D

AWESOME... Send me your addy in PM and I will send you a DVD. It will be in NTSC, but you can watch it on your laptop to help set the mood. The only song I don't want to change is the opening credits music. I worked hard on that and I think it is my best composition ever.

I will leave the temp score in so you can an idea of where I was going and if you have any foley you wanna add just go ahead. I have no zombie moans.

Get me your addy and I will get it in the post mail tomorrow and you should have it by wed-thursday next week.

=)

Dj