PDA

View Full Version : remake idea

acealive1
14-Sep-2010, 11:04 PM
we all here are true zombie fans and we all have great ideas and or resources that would make for a great original romero style film or a direct remake..... and alot of us are close to pa if not IN the actual state. would anyone be interested in making a zed film if the opportunity presented itself?

blind2d
15-Sep-2010, 12:15 AM
Oh sure, but I would try to make it as un-remake-y as possible. Firstly, we'd need to get permission to shoot at a small, Chinese fishing village, then, maybe, an arctic place, like Mars... what are we talking about, again?

acealive1
15-Sep-2010, 01:09 AM
making our own film,man. u dont have to get alot of permission,really. some of us own huge backyards, and pittsburgh has alot of public places to shoot. also, it can be done at night outside as to give it a really scary feel.

a friend of mine lives in a great area for a zombie setting

JDFP
15-Sep-2010, 01:18 AM
Why does it have to be a remake?

There are some of us who do have creative thoughts left in our brains.

We're referred to as people who live outside of Hollywood.

j.p.

acealive1
15-Sep-2010, 01:45 AM
who wouldnt want a fan version of dawn of the dead?

bassman
15-Sep-2010, 12:12 PM
who wouldnt want a fan version of dawn of the dead?

http://w1zard.com/images/joker_said_hi.jpg

No more remakes. We've had enough of those.

Legion2213
15-Sep-2010, 04:50 PM
Ace, you have the land and the gear...why not make a few little shorts, look at the amount of creative folk on here, you could get a ton of help.

Or trawl the fiction section, you might find something that can be done with the equipment/budget/props you have there. Quick email to the author for permission and you are good to go.

Edit: The was a cracking short story called "Target Practice" on the fiction forum...you need a cabin, a couple of guns, one man and a stack of zombies. :cool:

paultagonist
15-Feb-2011, 01:12 AM
Personally, I could always use another Night of the Living Dead remake... ;-)

Rancid Carcass
15-Feb-2011, 02:43 AM
Actually what I think would be quite cool would be to make some shorts as Legion suggests, but set them in Romero's universe – that way you could have original stories that could intersect the main films storyline (preferably the small quiter moments), at various points - especially if you live within striking distance of the actual locations. For example you could have a group of survivors who end up at that little airfield in Dawn but take off when they hear a helicopter approaching – then you have a nice little conceit that the reason Steven only finds a bunch of junk in the hangars is because your survivors have just been in there and looted all the good stuff. You could also take it a step further by having one of them forgetting or placing a hammer on the shelf which Steven subsiquently uses to defend himself with when they're attacked outside the hangar – you're then weaving your film into the very fabric of the Romero universe without trampling all over the originals, which is what re-makes tend to do. Obviously it needs a decent script but it would be cool to see as it would add subtle new layers and textures to the original film while giving your short some serious gravitas, rather than being just another low budget zombie flick/remake.
Just a shame I live on the other side of The Pond – I'd be well up for something like that – Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue anyone?!! Ha!

SymphonicX
18-Feb-2011, 04:31 PM
nah I'm with the OP on this one with regards to this...

Imagine if we ALL came up with a setting, a script, a plot, and a whole bunch of money and went out there and shot the film WE want to shoot? Then we'd only have ourselves to blame when we make "dawn of the living dead" and all the zombies jump up walls and talk to each other....!

Still though it'd be an amazing idea if we all pooled resources and finances to come up with our interpretation of what Dawn really should have been remade as (or Day, or whatever) - something that ticked all the boxes we, as hardcore fans, have tried to find ticks for over the last ten years.

Still, a massive pipe dream that will never happen (can see the headlines: web based movie fans remake own version of horror movie)

If it does happen, I call "editor".....!

Yojimbo
06-Mar-2011, 06:52 AM
I am with my brother Ace, though I am sure he has better ideas than just a pure remake.

"Midnight. Suffering from a proper case of the munchies, Ace and Yojimbo are in a Del Taco Drive through, staring at the menu, waiting for the girl to take their order, hearing only static and moaning through the drive-through speaker. They pull the car forward to the window and see a bloody handprint on the bulletproof glass wall of the cashier booth..."

Ragnarr
24-Aug-2011, 08:14 PM
We might use the jersey shore for filming if it's off-season. Hardly a soul to be seen in most places; perhaps an occassional jogger or someone walking their pooch. But yes, I think it'd be a great idea for a fan film set in Romero's universe. What better tribute to him?

I've toyed with concepts for zombie flicks now and then; I like themes that are what they call "siege" movies (not only zombie flicks, but also movies like "The Mist"). Thinking it would be interesting for characters to hold up in a warehouse, a lighthouse, or maybe make their way along the coast in a boat and raiding for supplies.

MikePizzoff
25-Aug-2011, 12:19 AM
Personally, I could always use another Night of the Living Dead remake... ;-)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/qwithoutyou/mu7pnc.gif

AfterMovieDiner
25-Aug-2011, 06:12 AM
This would be a great idea. I would love to meet a group of like minded people who want to make low budget fun films or shorts. I write scores and soundtracks for some friends back in the UK but since being in the US haven't either appeared in or filmed anything very much really apart from a couple of comedy shorts and some music videos. So I would be up for this or would happily contribute music and/or editing skills. I have directed a film before after Uni and acted most of my life in one way or another.

blind2d
25-Aug-2011, 12:43 PM
I have boom mic experience! And no life! Gimme work!

Andy
25-Aug-2011, 01:11 PM
I Would remake land and make it 100 times better.

In my version, fiddlers green would be a fortress surrounded by high concrete walls on 3 sides with the river on the fourth, with no gates or entrances. Millitary units move in and out of the green by either boat and helicopter only (there is no deadreckoning) and its impossible for citizens to leave the green without the armies authorisation. Dennis hopper's character would be a dictator, ruling over the place with a iron fist with swift and brutal punishment for all crime and anything else his regime deems inappropriate. The people put up with it becuase its safer than the wilderness but theres growing rebel movements, one lead by riley and one lead by cholo. Both these groups want hopper out but they disagree on how the green should be run afterwards, resulting in a 3 way war. After weeks of guerilla warfare on the streets between the 3 factions, its becoming obvious that rileys rebel movement has greater support, with even his own men becoming disheartened asnd abandoning him, cholo is becoming more and more desperate to cling to what power he has, he devises a plan that involves leaving the green to utilise the abandoned resources outside which until now have only been available to hoppers army. Cholo and his remaining men attempt to break through hoppers millitary line to the docks on the river, to steal a boat and head outside, but the millitary resistance is stronger than he expected and his group is slaughtered, cholo himself is mortally wounded during the skirmish but escapes. Alone, Knowing that his plan has failed and he will soon die, he gathers up whats left of his groups stock of explosives and blasts the concrete wall surrounding the green, whether he still desperately beleives he can make it on foot or if its revenge on the people of the green is never revealed but zombies swarm thr green through the holes created by cholo, he is killed and both kaufmans millitary and the civilian population is butchered by the starving zombies, both hopper and rileys armies try to kerb the flow of zombies and rescue civilians but fail, almost the entire population of the green is slaughtered including hopper. Riley, seeing that the situation is lost, makes his way to the now abandoned docks with his inner circle of leuitenants, they get attacked by both remaining hopper millitary and zombies but make it, claim a boat and leave the destroyed green.

That sounds alot better than the trash produced, whos on for making that with me? :D

AcesandEights
25-Aug-2011, 01:54 PM
I Would remake land...

There you go blowing our budget without even finishing your first sentence! :p

I seriously do wish an hpotd user group could collaborate on some projects. There's an interesting group of talents and personalities here.

Well, fingers crossed on the collaborative fiction (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?18929-Multi-Author-Fiction-quot-We-have-a-problem-quot-Discussion/page3), in the meantime...

Ragnarr
04-Sep-2011, 05:07 PM
It sounds more action packed than Romero's Land certainly, but I'm also thinking that Land is far too recent a production to warrant a remake. If you were to replace the main characters names, it sounds like it could stand as a worthy zombie flick of its own accord.