PDA

View Full Version : How many issues per episode?

MikePizzoff
15-Sep-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm just curious if anybody knows how far they're going to get in season 1? Perhaps we can make some predictions here.

I know the first season is only 6 episodes so, where does everyone think it's going to leave off at the season finale?

I think the perfect ending (and a sure way to garner up some demands for a 2nd season) to the 1st season would be when they first lay eyes on the prison.

Doc
15-Sep-2010, 02:18 PM
I think the perfect ending (and a sure way to garner up some demands for a 2nd season) to the 1st season would be when they first lay eyes on the prison.

I think Darabont officially comfimed that wouldn't happen til the end of season 2.

MikePizzoff
15-Sep-2010, 03:27 PM
I think Darabont officially comfimed that wouldn't happen til the end of season 2.

Hm, I guess they'll dwell on the farm situation and the gated community for a while, then.

AcesandEights
15-Sep-2010, 06:05 PM
Hm, I guess they'll dwell on the farm situation and the gated community for a while, then.

Yeah, first season is only 6 episodes, so I'd hope they'd take their time with regards to story progression.

ProfessorChaos
15-Sep-2010, 08:12 PM
looks to me like the trailer contains what will probably be the first couple issues of the comics covering the first episode. i'm guessing that episode 2 will start with rick escaping the tank (and introducing glenn) and i imagine season one will end with the death of shane

i've also heard that the prison won't be reached till the end of season 2...but a certain katana-wielding female will be introduced sometime during season 2.

i just really hope we don't have to wait till next october for season 2 to start airing. the wait for season 1 is almost killing me....:|

vmzito
16-Sep-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm glad that the show is taking its time for thoughtful character-building and relationship development. Hearing this, though, I'm a little nervous that it won't last enough seasons to get to the more powerful, shocking deaths of certain you-know-whos. In the graphic novel, that was a really sit-up-and-take-notice kind of turning point for me, where I thought "Oh Sh--t. This writer has SERIOUS balls!" and realized just how worthy The Walking Dead really is.

MikePizzoff
17-Sep-2010, 01:01 AM
vmzito - I feel the same way; getting really scared that the show won't last long enough to get to all the REALLY juicy stuff.

Mr.G
17-Sep-2010, 03:33 AM
vmzito - I feel the same way; getting really scared that the show won't last long enough to get to all the REALLY juicy stuff.

Come on, let's not write if off until it at least premiers! You gotta have faith. If most of the shit on TV (vampire diaries) has multiple seasons, surely TWD can hang on for a few.

MikePizzoff
17-Sep-2010, 07:49 AM
Come on, let's not write if off until it at least premiers! You gotta have faith. If most of the shit on TV (vampire diaries) has multiple seasons, surely TWD can hang on for a few.

"These zombies sparkle when they're shot in the head!"

bassman
17-Sep-2010, 11:56 AM
I honestly don't think we have to worry about the show being cancelled anytime soon. If nothing else, AMC will keep new shows up for a few Halloween seasons to come. They know that the audience is definitely there during the Fright Fest month.

Besides, the show is already getting one of the biggest promotion pushes in history. It's one of the first shows to be broadcast across the whole world at nearly the same time. On top of that, we've heard good rumors that the second season(14 eps) is already given the green light. Despite what Darabont says. I think he was trying to be modest...

I'm not saying the show will last the whole length of the on-going comic series, but I highly doubt it's in any danger of being shit canned anytime soon. We'll at least get three or four seasons out of it, if I had to guess.