PDA

View Full Version : Devil Movie Review

rongravy
18-Sep-2010, 07:49 PM
aINOilb_Kzc
I saw this last night. When I saw M. Night's name attached to it, I immediately groaned. Remembrances of everything he's ever disappointed me with other than 6th Sense started flooding through my brainpan.
But I will say this: though it could've used a bit more time added to it, and a slightly deeper story, it was pretty alright in my book.
I smoked some killer kush right before I made the trek, I was kind of tripping really hard when the opening credits came in all upside down, tripped me out. Then I settled in, and twas all good. My only complaint is that the movie was extremely short: it started at 7:30, but there were trailers, and it ended at 8:54. That's pretty damn short, and I was left saying, "Wow, they could've jammed alot more in there."
Also, there were no idiotically bizarre twists in it. It was pretty straight forward.
SPOILER ALERT!!!
Dunno how to hide them, thus the warning. When the old lady came back alive with the Devil in her, and she just kind of stood over the guy for awhile creepily, I kept waiting for her to jump out at him and scare the bejesus out of me, but it never happened.
END SPOILER ALERT!!!
I read that this is going to be part of some Twilight Zonesque series/franchise sort of thing. I would totally be down for that. They just seem kind of short. I'd love to see what's on tap next. I give this a B+/A-.

clanglee
19-Sep-2010, 06:01 AM
Just got back from this. . .didn't hate it. But it was pretty cheesy at the end. And Ron that is a HUGE giveaway. . . you need tou spoilertag that. . .see if you can get a mod to edit it for you.

MoonSylver
19-Sep-2010, 10:54 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!
Dunno how to hide them, thus the warning.

["SPOILER"]type your spolier here, minus the " " quotation marks in the SPOILER boxes [/"SPOILER"]

Just like that. There, sadly, is no click-y button for them, you have to type it out, as per above instructions. ;)

clanglee
20-Sep-2010, 03:36 AM
["SPOILER"]type your spolier here, minus the " " quotation marks in the SPOILER boxes [/"SPOILER"]

Just like that. There, sadly, is no click-y button for them, you have to type it out, as per above instructions. ;)
So we have to add quotation marks around spoiler now?

MoonSylver
20-Sep-2010, 10:19 PM
So we have to add quotation marks around spoiler now?

Uh....

["SPOILER"]type your spolier here, MINUS the " " quotation marks in the SPOILER boxes [/"SPOILER"]

Now that you're another year older it's time to get your eyes checked.:nana:

clanglee
21-Sep-2010, 12:28 AM

uh. . . .

flesheating
21-Sep-2010, 12:29 PM
I would never have given this that high of a rating. I think the plot was ok, but the acting was pretty terrible and you could pick who the devil was early on in the movie. Overall it left me unimpressed. I wish they would have done more than sit in an elevator.

AcesandEights
21-Sep-2010, 03:47 PM
uh. . . .

Oh, Clang...at our age we have to give the neurons a few moments to get up to speed ;)

clanglee
21-Sep-2010, 09:05 PM
More than a moment!! I just now comprehended what I was reading. . .damn. . I need some fish oil tablets or something!!

MoonSylver
21-Sep-2010, 10:44 PM
More than a moment!! I jusgt now comprehended whay I was reading. . .damn. . I need some fish oil tablets or something!!

http://legacy.lclark.edu/faculty/jsmiller/objects/idea_bulb.jpg

NOW he gets it... :nana: :lol: