PDA

View Full Version : The Ginger Snaps trilogy

BillTheButcher
01-Oct-2010, 05:26 PM
I'll be quite frank and open about the fact that werewolves are my favourite creatures of the night - as anyone who's read my Moon series of stories is aware; but werewolf films, no, make that competent werewolf films, are kind of thin on the ground. (And, no, I did not like Dog Soldiers.)

But shining like a beacon among the dross and trash of failed werewolf flicks is the Ginger Snaps series, of which I possess all parts and have watched them over and over again. Any other fans of the trilogy here? If so, we have things to talk about.

Purge
02-Oct-2010, 05:36 PM
The first one was very clever, but if there was ever a series that shouldn't have been a series, it was the Ginger Snaps anthology.

Danny
02-Oct-2010, 06:02 PM
I know i've seen all 3 but cannot for the life of me remember a 3rd film.

I remember the original, a weird blend of subtext about puberty, black comedy and sisterhood, i liked it, nothing special but it was mindless fun.

Then i remember a colonial era one set in a fort under siege from a werewolf that i found more entertaining and less awkward, but i cannot remember a 3rd film even though i know ive seen it.

Off to google.

Okay, now i remember it after reading, that shit middle film set in a drug addict ward with the creepy little girl. No wonder i chose not to remember that awful movie.

DubiousComforts
04-Oct-2010, 08:48 PM
I remember the original, a weird blend of subtext about puberty, black comedy and sisterhood, i liked it, nothing special but it was mindless fun.
How exactly do you consider the original Ginger Snaps "mindless fun" after acknolwedging the film's subtext which makes it anything but "mindless fun"?

Mike70
10-Oct-2010, 04:34 PM
i really enjoyed the first film but the second and third flicks didn't do too much for me. i don't think they are horrible or even bad, i just don't care for them much at all.

Danny
10-Oct-2010, 06:38 PM
How exactly do you consider the original Ginger Snaps "mindless fun" after acknolwedging the film's subtext which makes it anything but "mindless fun"?

because its about werewolves. that is not good foundation material for heartwrenching drama.

EDukes
27-Oct-2010, 02:57 AM
I liked the first and second one. Didn't much care for the third one though.