PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the title of this horror film?

Dawg
04-Mar-2006, 11:49 PM
A co-worker told me about a film he purchased off of Ebay for $50 that was banned in Europe. He thought it had the word, 'October' in the title or some other month. (He was at work telling this, and I will probably more than likely find out tomorrow if he remembers to look for it.)

Anyway, he said some Special FX dude made this film that he only got 15 minutes into it. He said you couldn't really watch it for long because it was so realistic of the sick $hit going on in it. Police in Europe assumed it was a 'snuff' film because of the SFX in the film! Woman being cut up or having things removed, or some other sick $hit!!

Anyone know the title and what the hell it is about? I tried looking on http://www.imdb.com, but nothing.

:dead: Dawg :skull:

p2501
05-Mar-2006, 05:54 AM
i've got nothing. but your kinda vague so that ain't helping.

MinionZombie
05-Mar-2006, 11:08 AM
"August Underground" perhaps?

I have tried to find that flick, but you can only really get it from the official website or from sites that are monitored by British customs & exise (e.g. Xploited Cinema - they open any and all packages from there to make sure you're not importing "obscene" films...Big Brother or what?).

Anyway, him saying he thought "October" was in the title reminded me of "August" - and then "Underground". There was a sequel too. "August Underground" is an indie flick from Pittsburgh by a group of people who made perhaps one of the sickest films in existence, it's done 'snuff film' style - so it's Blair Witch meets Cannibal Holocaust meets Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The gore it apparently vicious, the victims are degraded big style as they sit in a pool of their own filth ... I know, sounds like a charming little piece.

I kinda really wanna see it, to see what all the murmering is all about - but I don't think I stand any chance of seeing it.

Well, that's my best guess - eBay would be the sort of place you'd find "August Underground" ... but I never use eBay.

Burbank
05-Mar-2006, 01:40 PM
August Underground sounds pretty sick from what I've found on the internet about it. They do have copies of it on ebay. Only two from the UK at the moment, one of them is about £30 while the other is at £26. Not cheap and both portray it as a snuff movie.

As for the film Dawg was talking about, I remembered hearing about a film with October in the title but spelt Oktober instead. The only thing I could find as a British TV series from the 90s and I pretty much doubt it was that.

You've got to let us know what the name of it is when you find out.

p2501
06-Mar-2006, 03:22 PM
"August Underground" perhaps?

I kinda really wanna see it, to see what all the murmering is all about - but I don't think I stand any chance of seeing it.

Well, that's my best guess - eBay would be the sort of place you'd find "August Underground" ... but I never use eBay.

i'll run a torrent search for it tonight. and see what i can find.