PDA

View Full Version : New Rob Zombie flick - "The Lords of Salem"

LouCipherr
06-Oct-2010, 07:17 PM
Good lord, I have no idea what to make of this:

Rob Zombie recently spoke to Billboard.com about his next directorial project — "The Lords Of Salem", a thriller set in contemporary Salem, where the inhabitants receive a demonic visit from a 300-year old coven of witches. Zombie will write and direct the film in conjunction with producers of the hit "Paranormal Activity". "They came to me and wanted to work together," Zombie told Billboard.com. "I didn't even have an idea at the time. They were like, 'If you want to make a movie, if you have an idea we will give you complete control over casting, the script, the final cut of the picture — everything. You never heard that. Nobody hears that. Everything's a battle, but these guys were like, 'That'll be our deal with you.' And I was like, 'Great!' "

Zombie expects to being production in late March or early April. He's also hoping to involve his current band in the film's soundtrack. "I've been thinking about the music in this movie early, early on," he told Billboard.com. "We'll probably do the score this time out — not rock music, but a score. I know I want music to play a large role."

"The Lords Of Salem" will be produced by Blum, Schneider, and Peli, Zombie and Zombie's producing partner, Andy Gould. Brian Kavanaugh-Jones of Automatik will executive produce.

:shifty:

If they gave him this kinda control over Halloween and Halloween 2, this movie will be fucked 3 ways to Sunday.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Oct-2010, 07:28 PM
Won't be getting my $12.50 that's for sure.

MoonSylver
06-Oct-2010, 10:44 PM
"And a resounding 'MEH' was heard to echo throughout the land...":bored:

JDFP
06-Oct-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm making a few casting predictions...

Sheri Moon Zombie
Danny Trejo
Danielle Harris
Bill Moseley

That's right, I'm just psychic like that...

j.p.

bassman
06-Oct-2010, 11:12 PM
Fingers crossed that he can draw up some of that mojo he had during The Devil's Rejects...

LouCipherr
06-Oct-2010, 11:29 PM

:lol:

What ever gave you the idea he'd cast those people?! :shifty: :p

Fingers crossed that he can draw up some of that mojo he had during The Devil's Rejects...

I'm hoping for the best, but honestly, expecting the worst. TDR was a fantastic film, but he's done more bad flicks than good, so... :(

MinionZombie
07-Oct-2010, 09:48 AM
Well I hope that this one turns out good. It seems like he didn't have complete control over the Halloween films, and it was surprising he did H2 at all considering what he said - but well, who knows ... anyway, it's good to see this will be an original project rather than another remake. Although I was really hoping he'd do T-Rex ... maybe some day for that.

LouCipherr
07-Oct-2010, 12:40 PM
After all the news floating around, I thought the next project he helmed would be The Blob. Guess that fell through or was just pushed off 'till later. Probably a good thing though - if you're gonna screw up a movie, don't do it with a classic... oh, wait, he already did that. :rolleyes:

slickwilly13
07-Oct-2010, 03:38 PM
What do you guys think will happen with The Blob? He keeps talking stearing away from the red jello-monster. I have some ideas for a substitute of the original slime monster, but I do not want Rob Zombie stealing ideas from me and taking credit.

LouCipherr
07-Oct-2010, 08:20 PM
What do you guys think will happen with The Blob?

The easy answer to that is: if Rob Zombie has anything to do with it, it'll get completly fucked up. :lol: :lol:

Sorry dude, I could not resist. :D

bassman
07-Oct-2010, 08:25 PM
He keeps talking stearing away from the red jello-monster.

And replacing it with a mullet-wearing, toothless alcoholic named bubba. Bubba's got a hankerin' for some killin'.

LouCipherr
07-Oct-2010, 08:43 PM
And replacing it with a mullet-wearing, toothless alcoholic named bubba. Bubba's got a hankerin' for some killin'.

He calls 'em like he sees 'em. :lol:

jded
14-Nov-2010, 02:03 PM

Sheri Moon Zombie
Danny Trejo
Danielle Harris
Bill Moseley

That's right, I'm just psychic like that...

j.p.

Oh yeah and maybe even Ken Foree.
Yeah but j.p. your going out on a limb with those names. I say none of your predictions make it in. I mean come on, what were you thinking?

blind2d
14-Nov-2010, 05:34 PM
The Blob? But that was already remade! It's unthinkable to remake a remake! Or remake a film again! More than once! Unheard of!

MinionZombie
14-Nov-2010, 06:26 PM
The Blob? But that was already remade! It's unthinkable to remake a remake! Or remake a film again! More than once! Unheard of!

RZ's not doing The Blob re-re-make anymore though, he's onto other things (wisely, I think), lest he get trapped in the remake whirlwind like Marcus Nispel.

wayzim
22-Nov-2010, 10:54 PM
I guess I'm one of two people who appreciated House of A Thousand Corpses for what it was, an homage to Texas Chainsaw Last IHOP on the Left kinda films I watched in the 70's.
Devil's Rejects absolutely rocked it, but Halloween went south fast as did H2.
Still, Rob's got the love for the genre. Gotta respect that.

Wayne Z

blind2d
22-Nov-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah, Zim! (And I will ONLY call you 'Zim') Spot on! I am in complete agreement with you! Just watched the original LHONTL, as luck would have it. Freaky stuff, good for the budget, I'm sure. Chainsaw!!

wayzim
23-Nov-2010, 01:39 AM
Yeah, Zim! (And I will ONLY call you 'Zim') Spot on! I am in complete agreement with you! Just watched the original LHONTL, as luck would have it. Freaky stuff, good for the budget, I'm sure. Chainsaw!!

Well, Zim was good nuff for my brothers and my dad, so sure. Have at it.
While you're on the lookout for originals, if you get a chance to see Ingmar Bergman's Virgin Spring (60), I recommend it. This is the source for Last House, the tale of a former crusader/now farmer whose beautiful and somewhat vain daughter is despoiled by some goat herders. His eventual vengence is seriously badass.

Wayne Z

blind2d
23-Nov-2010, 01:59 AM
Sounds good, I'll check it out, thanks.

bassman
04-Oct-2012, 12:19 PM
T-ssRuc1qjs

LouCipherr
04-Oct-2012, 12:33 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gawker/2008/11/meh_cat.jpg

When is someone going to finally man up and tell him his wife can't act her way out of a wet paper bag? :rolleyes:

Andy
04-Oct-2012, 12:51 PM
I have to admit, i like rob zombie.. granted i havnt seen halloween 2, but the first halloween movie, house of 1000 corpses and the devils rejects are all pretty good movies and fine additions to my DVD collection :)

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2012, 04:45 PM
I have to admit, i like rob zombie.. granted i havnt seen halloween 2, but the first halloween movie, house of 1000 corpses and the devils rejects are all pretty good movies and fine additions to my DVD collection :)

I imagine Lou will have something to say about the Halloween remake. :D

RZ's Halloween 2 is a big old mess, but it also has a whole bunch of good bits. The Director's Cut version is the version of that movie though, as it adds some excellent scenes into the mix that simply need to be in the movie in my view, but I do strangely quite like Halloween 2, even though it's a big old sloppy mess half the time with a few scenes in it that are just bad ... but even still...

As for The Lords of Salem, I've heard that it's visually spectacular, but it's a bit scant on plotting, so we'll have to see. Certainly from the trailer it's clear as day that visually the flick will be a success - it's just a matter of seeing how the plot works.

The Devil's Rejects remains as one of the best horror films ever made.

LouCipherr
04-Oct-2012, 06:37 PM
I imagine Lou will have something to say about the Halloween remake. :D

*tries to hold his contempt in check*

I've said all I need to say about RZ's "Halloween" (it pains me to even say that) right here. (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?16470-109-Reasons-Why-Deej-Lou-amp-Lou-s-Wife-think-RZ-s-Halloween-Sucks-Balls&highlight=sucks+balls)

RZ's Halloween 2 is a big old mess

Boy you aren't kidding.

but it also has a whole bunch of good bits.

*begins to roll up a newspaper to swat MZ on the nose*

but I do strangely quite like Halloween 2, even though it's a big old sloppy mess half the time with a few scenes in it that are just bad ... but even still...

*SMACK*

NO! Bad, MZ! BAD!

As for The Lords of Salem, I've heard that it's visually spectacular, but it's a bit scant on plotting

Not a surprise, considering it's RZ.

The Devil's Rejects remains as one of the best horror films ever made.

Agreed, 100%. That's what made me think he would be an awesome director. He went from HoTC (which I didn't care for, but it was his first feature film, so I gave him some wiggle room) to the MOST excellent TDR, but it all fell apart with his atrocity known as.. >cough< >choke< "Halloween"

Goddammit it still hurts to associate his name with that movie.

To be honest though, I wonder if the awesomeness of TDR has more to do with the fact that Bill Moseley just ROCKED that fucking film rather than RZ's film making abilities. Regardless, I agree, it did indeed kick some serious ass.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq12/zenassassins/bloggin/otis01.jpg
"I am the Devil. And I'm here to do the Devil's work."

*shudders*

Oh, and as stupid as it was, I did kinda dig RZ's animated El Superbeasto - that was hilarious to me for some odd reason. :shifty:

Andy
04-Oct-2012, 07:07 PM
Hmm have to say the devils rejects also has one of the best endings of any movie ever too..

LouCipherr
04-Oct-2012, 07:09 PM
Hmm have to say the devils rejects also has one of the best endings of any movie ever too..

:thumbsup:

Probably the best use of "Freebird" in a movie, too.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Oct-2012, 09:04 PM
Trailer did not hold my interest. This will be, at best, a NETFLIX stream view or a Free bootleg from a crackhead in Baltimore.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and yes... MZ... you deserved that SMALACKING you got from Lou.

Usually i am the one who gets the rolled up newspaper to the nose.

LouCipherr
04-Oct-2012, 10:40 PM
This will be, at best, a NETFLIX stream view or a Free bootleg from a crackhead in Baltimore.

Usually i am the one who gets the rolled up newspaper to the nose.

Better listen to him, he speaks from experience.

http://deadairfm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Newspaper1.jpg

:elol:

DjfunkmasterG
04-Oct-2012, 10:51 PM

Hey Lou,

:fin:

krisvds
05-Oct-2012, 04:58 AM
Looks different from his previous films. Visually at least it looks like he's trying to channel some of the seventies/eighties Itallo horror classics. Witches , sureal goings on, heavy use of unnatural colouring, and so on = riffing on suspiria, inferno? I' prob give it a chance, but boy those two Halloween films of his were piss poor!

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2012, 09:53 AM

Probably the best use of "Freebird" in a movie, too.

Heck yes. :thumbsup:

That's one hell of an ending to a flick. I remember the first time I saw that I was so energised by it, and I had to watch it a couple more times. Such a great finale. :cool:

What's a "smalacking" when it's at home? :confused::lol::confused:

Looks different from his previous films. Visually at least it looks like he's trying to channel some of the seventies/eighties Itallo horror classics. Witches , sureal goings on, heavy use of unnatural colouring, and so on = riffing on suspiria, inferno? I' prob give it a chance, but boy those two Halloween films of his were piss poor!

While RZ's Halloween can never beat JC's, I still really dug it personally. It's a totally different take, but that's a good thing in itself, rather than some wishy-washy copy & paste. I can totally understand that some hated it, and even some of the reasons why, but personally I rather enjoyed it and liked many of the things he did with it. I do consider JC's and RZ's to be completely different entities, and considering that Halloween has some of the shittiest sequels around, RZ's Halloween is high up on the scale of Halloween movies. Four-through-Six were increasingly the befouled works of numpties, while #7 was a rip-off of the Scream craze, even if it was generally interesting from a plot stand point, and the less said about "Resurrection" - that insulting bait-and-switch turd festival - the better. Ugh, it was such a horrid punch to the fanboy face, that was.

DjfunkmasterG
05-Oct-2012, 10:23 AM

Lou, our private time together is not be shared with others... SHEESH

LouCipherr
05-Oct-2012, 12:29 PM
boy those two Halloween films of his were piss poor!

The voice of reason. :D

Halloween has some of the shittiest sequels around <snipped blasphemous statement>. Four-through-Six were increasingly the befouled works of numpties, while #7 was a rip-off of the Scream craze, even if it was generally interesting from a plot stand point, and the less said about "Resurrection" - that insulting bait-and-switch turd festival - the better. Ugh, it was such a horrid punch to the fanboy face, that was.

Lou, our private time together is not be shared with others... SHEESH

What? You never said I couldn't tell anyone. What's the problem? :shifty:

Mike70
06-Oct-2012, 03:55 AM
but boy those two Halloween films of his were piss poor!

aren't you being rather kind here? they were outright pieces of dog crap. the whole "back story" thing on michael meyers destroyed the whole thing for me. i don't want to feel sorry for him, i don't want to know about his fooked up childhood and all that crap zombie added in. in short, trying to make meyers kinda "sympathetic" as a character was an absolute disaster for me.

the power of that character, for me at least, is that meyers has no humanity at all. none. zero. zilch. he is simply a monstrous thing roaming the land. meyers is soulless and irredeemable.