PDA

View Full Version : "Days gone bye" & "Guts"

thxleo
08-Oct-2010, 05:55 AM
Thanks to AMC I was able to check out the first two episodes of "The Walking Dead" - the pilot, "Days gone bye" and the second episode, "Guts". I will not give out any specific information here because I would not want to ruin anything for you guys and also because I'm not allowed to!
I will say that I enjoyed each episode a great deal and that I was left wanting more at the end of each show. Frank Darabont's finger prints really are all over the show. He portrays the zombies - at times - as sympathetic victims. They were once real people who are now just pathetic creatures that you feel sorry for.
The dvd screener did say that "Guts" was not going to be the final aired version. That makes me wonder what will be different about it? Interesting. Also, if you dislike cgi head shots, just go ahead and prepare yourself.
I can't wait to see what everyone else thinks about the show. As I said earlier, I was left wanting more immediately after each episode ended - so that's a good sign. Don't you think?

ProfessorChaos
08-Oct-2010, 08:35 AM
AMC is the shit, dude. every singe episode of breaking bad and mad men leave me with that same "what's gonna happen next?!?" feeling.

and damn, you're a lucky guy to have been able to get an early screening....oh well, just a few weeks for the rest of us.

i can live with cgi headshots, breaking bad has had a few of them and while they're kinda obvious, they're not ridiculous like the one at the opening of survival. as long as the cgi is better than the crappy animation romero's last few films have had (pez-head priest, jason being cleaved in two with the sword, the heads-on-sticks bit....all from land, diary, and survival, respectively), i can live with it.

bassman
08-Oct-2010, 11:51 AM
He portrays the zombies - at times - as sympathetic victims.

That's not going to go over well with some folks around here....

Cheers for the mini review.

AcesandEights
08-Oct-2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you so much for the heads up! Pretty thrilling to think one of us has seen it and given a solid report.

I can't wait to see what everyone else thinks about the show. As I said earlier, I was left wanting more immediately after each episode ended - so that's a good sign. Don't you think?
Most definitely.

Damn, as I said to a co-worker earlier this morning, October is turning out to really be one loooong month.

MoonSylver
08-Oct-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks to AMC I was able to check out the first two episodes of "The Walking Dead" - the pilot, "Days gone bye" and the second episode, "Guts". I will not give out any specific information here because I would not want to ruin anything for you guys and also because I'm not allowed to!
I will say that I enjoyed each episode a great deal and that I was left wanting more at the end of each show. Frank Darabont's finger prints really are all over the show. He portrays the zombies - at times - as sympathetic victims. They were once real people who are now just pathetic creatures that you feel sorry for.
The dvd screener did say that "Guts" was not going to be the final aired version. That makes me wonder what will be different about it? Interesting. Also, if you dislike cgi head shots, just go ahead and prepare yourself.

Sounds great! :hyper:

That's not going to go over well with some folks around here....

Then there's the door, feel free to leave any time ;)

i can live with cgi headshots,

Same here. I can overlook almost any spfx if the overall film is good enough.

bassman
08-Oct-2010, 10:44 PM
Then there's the door, feel free to leave any time ;)

Hey man...I'm not one of those. I just know there are quite a few around here that want their Dead without any sympathy. Just killing machines. "They're evil and nothing else"

MoonSylver
08-Oct-2010, 10:47 PM
Hey man...I'm not one of those. I just know there are quite a few around here that want their Dead without any sympathy. Just killing machines. "They're evil and nothing else"

I know, jus' sayin':D