PDA

View Full Version : HPotD at the NYC Comic Con

thxleo
11-Oct-2010, 02:29 PM
Yesterday(Sunday, Oct. 10) I was fortunate enough to attend the press round table for The Walking Dead at the New York City Comic Con. I was able to talk with just about all of the main folks involved with the show - Frank Darabont, Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Robert Kirkman, Sarah Wayne Callies, Gale Anne Hurd(again), etc... I will eventually put together an article for Neil to post here at hpotd.com.

Unfortunately it might be a few weeks or so(hopefully?) before I get around to doing that. Over the summer I was diagnosed with cancer - a tumor on my right kidney - and I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow to have it cut out. In the mean time I'll leave a couple of pics that I took at the press table to give you an idea of what it was like.

800 798 799

AcesandEights
11-Oct-2010, 02:37 PM
Very cool, Lee. I wish I'd have been able to make it to comicon this year, it looks like it was a blast...a crowded, loud, possibly sweaty blast :)

Kirkman looks tired in that pic, but I'd imagine he's been a very busy man lately, doubly so at a con.

Anyway, I look forward to the article!

BillyRay
11-Oct-2010, 03:48 PM
Excellent work, Leo, looking forward to tha article (as usual).

Here's wishing you a speedy, uncomplicated procedure tomorrow.

AcesandEights
11-Oct-2010, 03:51 PM
Excellent work, Leo, looking forward to tha article (as usual).

Here's wishing you a speedy, uncomplicated procedure tomorrow.

Oh crap. I completely missed that last sentence of the original post. I guess I was too busy looking at pics. :o

Best wishes on a quick recovery, Lee.

ProfessorChaos
11-Oct-2010, 09:56 PM
wishing you well, lee. when i read about your TWD press kit, i thought, "man, what a lucky bastard!"...guess you gotta take the good with the bad. best of luck, man.

CooperWasRight
11-Oct-2010, 10:04 PM
Good luck with the big C man... Lost my mom last year to it and my Girlfriend beat it.. It is set to surpass heart issues as the number 1 health issue.

thxleo
11-Oct-2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the well wishes! :)

Neil
12-Oct-2010, 02:41 PM
Yesterday(Sunday, Oct. 10) I was fortunate enough to attend the press round table for The Walking Dead at the New York City Comic Con. I was able to talk with just about all of the main folks involved with the show - Frank Darabont, Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Robert Kirkman, Sarah Wayne Callies, Gale Anne Hurd(again), etc... I will eventually put together an article for Neil to post here at hpotd.com.

Unfortunately it might be a few weeks or so(hopefully?) before I get around to doing that. Over the summer I was diagnosed with cancer - a tumor on my right kidney - and I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow to have it cut out. In the mean time I'll leave a couple of pics that I took at the press table to give you an idea of what it was like.

800 798 799

Is that the only shirt Frank Darabont has? :) I'll swear I've seen him in it all the time :)

AcesandEights
12-Oct-2010, 02:53 PM
Is that the only shirt Frank Darabont has? :) I'll swear I've seen him in it all the time :)

Don't know, but if I was him, I'd be living life like I was on a permanent vacation and might very well adopt the Hawaiian shirt as a de facto uniform, myself.

Also, Darabont's really seemed to age in the last few years. I'm kinda shocked at his appearance.

darth los
12-Oct-2010, 04:48 PM
Congrats on the interview. Good get.

:cool: