PDA

View Full Version : Previews are killing me

Jamn
18-Oct-2010, 02:45 AM
I keep watching AMC just to see the commercials for it. I really hope they do not "Sci-Fi channel" the series with cheesey computer animation and lame jokes. I hope they don't hold back on the violence done to non-zombies either. I just can't wait.

ProfessorChaos
18-Oct-2010, 02:48 AM
i wouldn't worry about that. AMC's original series' are the best thing on cable right now in my book. mad men and breaking bad are un-fucking-believable, haven't bothered with rubicon much yet.

plus the cast and crew of TWD is treating this with utmost respect and reverence, i really don't see them putting out a "survival of the dead" vibe to it at any point.

kidgloves
18-Oct-2010, 08:39 AM
The word is that they've absolutely nailed the apocalyptic feel to the show which is what I love about the zombie genre.

bassman
18-Oct-2010, 12:15 PM
If this show doesn't have a zombie baby and a cool rock soundtrack, i'm not going to watch it.

Neil
18-Oct-2010, 12:23 PM
The word is that they've absolutely nailed the apocalyptic feel to the show which is what I love about the zombie genre.

I do hope so... Got to feel bleak and horrible!

kidgloves
18-Oct-2010, 02:12 PM
I do hope so... Got to feel bleak and horrible!

Yep. That's exactly the vibe I'm getting from the snippets I'm reading. If anything, I get the impression the zombie carnage lovers are going to be very disappointed with the pilot because it's all about Rick and his discovery of this new world.

AcesandEights
18-Oct-2010, 02:24 PM
Well, I'm just wondering how many people will be bitching after it doesn't meet their expectations and what will be bitched about.

For now, I'm content we have the opportunity to see the project, but who knows how I'll feel down the road.

bassman
18-Oct-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm thinking fans of Romero's character driven stories will really dig it, while the zombie nuts will consider it tamed and boring. You know the type....the ones that just want zombie carnage and nothing else.

As I've said before, it could turn out to be total crap but at this point....I highly doubt that.

kidgloves
18-Oct-2010, 02:40 PM
If they stick to the formula of the comic book then its a homerun. It should appeal to everyone. A lot of the Lost fanbase have taken this on as a replacement so it has the potential to be huge.

Neil
18-Oct-2010, 03:28 PM
Well, I'm just wondering how many people will be bitching after it doesn't meet their expectations and what will be bitched about.

For now, I'm content we have the opportunity to see the project, but who knows how I'll feel down the road.

I do fear that expectation are getting so high, it can only fail for many people...

Legion2213
18-Oct-2010, 09:04 PM
If they stick to the formula of the comic book then its a homerun. It should appeal to everyone. A lot of the Lost fanbase have taken this on as a replacement so it has the potential to be huge.

Even if it doesn't live up to the hype, it will still be the first honest to goshness zombie TV series. How long have we been crying out for something like this? :cool:

We could get several seasons of regular, weekly zombie goodness (ranging from the sublime to the mediocre). I'll take the rough with the smooth. :)

blind2d
18-Oct-2010, 10:09 PM
Exactly, this is what it's all about.

MikePizzoff
19-Oct-2010, 03:56 AM
:hyper: Just saw a commercial of Rick discovering a room of the dead in the hospital. It was fucking AWESOMMMMMMMMMMME!!!!!!!!!

kidgloves
19-Oct-2010, 05:43 AM
Ive read 3 reviews so far and there unanimous. It's OUTSTANDING. Just like the comic book.

Mr_Shadow
20-Oct-2010, 08:59 PM
PreAir of the first episode has been leaked for those that can't wait, check your resources. :confused:
Piracy IS a crime. Please do not steal boats.

bassman
20-Oct-2010, 09:25 PM
*Loud, obnoxious music*

You wouldn't steal a car.....

Another member mentioned to me that it's...ahem...available, but f-bomb to that. I've waited this long and it's going to make Halloween that much more of an event. I'm waiting for the real McCoy...

MoonSylver
20-Oct-2010, 10:21 PM
*Loud, obnoxious music*

You wouldn't steal a car.....

Another member mentioned to me that it's...ahem...available, but f-bomb to that. I've waited this long and it's going to make Halloween that much more of an event. I'm waiting for the real McCoy...

True...but it's SOOOO damn tempting. Fortunatly I know that it was Satan (or Clanglee) that leaked it, because viewing it early is a mortal sin & he wants to trick us & damn our everlasting souls to Hell. Thus I can resist. :evil: :lol:

clanglee
21-Oct-2010, 02:01 AM
Fortunatly I know that it was Satan (or Clanglee) that leaked it, because viewing it early is a mortal sin & he wants to trick us & damn our everlasting souls to Hell. Thus I can resist. :evil: :lol: http://www.hellhappens.com/satan-by-jack-chick.jpg Awwww Come on Moon. . . .you know you wanna!! You can always go to confession afterwards!!

bassman
21-Oct-2010, 02:12 AM
As I said in the spoiler free review thread....I gave in. And will still watch it repeatedly when it airs. Legendary stuff.

JonOfTheShred
21-Oct-2010, 02:56 AM
Would anyone care me to send a megavideo link to this? I'm playing a gig on Halloween, so I won't be able to watch it on the night of the premier any way.

clanglee
21-Oct-2010, 03:29 AM
Would anyone care me to send a megavideo link to this? I'm playing a gig on Halloween, so I won't be able to watch it on the night of the premier any way.

Ummm ditto. . . . .

MoonSylver
21-Oct-2010, 03:37 AM
Awwww Come on Moon. . . .you know you wanna!! You can always go to confession afterwards!!

Eh. I mentioned to someone else in the shout box, I fucked up my home PC last year. D/L'ing may or may not have been the cause, so I swore I wouldn't take the risk anymore. Pus on projects like this I vowed I would stick to my principles.

Not judging you guys, those are just my reasons. Didn't cave on "Survival", so I'm good on this. Glad to hear everybody has such positive things thus far though. :)

JonOfTheShred
21-Oct-2010, 04:13 AM
Never mind y'all, found the link. Started to watch the first half hour, and had to turn it off....

.........because I couldn't give it the attention it deserves. From what I saw, looked EPIC. Gonna go home, plug my laptop into my monitor and speakers, spark a bowl or two and watch it the right way.

Deaths_Shadow
22-Oct-2010, 03:28 AM
Looking forward to it as well. After watching "Survival of" :eek: :rolleyes: the trailers and behind the scenes footage released for "Walking Dead" alone look like a slam dunk to me. :D

ProfessorChaos
22-Oct-2010, 04:20 AM
go check out the spoilers-free review thread for some impressions from those of us who couldn't wait to see it. the general consensus is that it's everything we hoped for and more, based on the pilot.