PDA

View Full Version : Mark Gatiss - History of Horror

Rancid Carcass
23-Oct-2010, 07:23 PM
Just a heads up for the UK folk that don't know, Monday night 9pm BBC 4, this weeks episode is about American horror of the 60's and 70's and a certain film from '68 that's quite popular around these parts. Followed by screening DAWN at 10pm.
I missed the first one but caught last weeks episode about Hammer films and is well worth a watch, and probably on BBC iPlayer.

Neil
23-Oct-2010, 07:52 PM
Followed by screening DAWN at 10pm.
Thanks! Not seen that one :)

shootemindehead
24-Oct-2010, 09:39 PM
Been a decent show so far. Unfortunately, it's far too short and will not cover many of the things it should. Gatiss seems to share a lot of my love for various horror movies. It would have been nice to have a much longer series on this this. It's been very entertaining.

It's easy to see where the 'League of Gentlemen' got a lot of their ideas from.

krakenslayer
25-Oct-2010, 05:49 PM
Loving the series so far!

Rancid Carcass
25-Oct-2010, 11:46 PM
Just seen the last episode, great end to the series and nice to see uncle George get top billing. :D
Also good to see Martin get a mention too.

shootemindehead
26-Oct-2010, 12:01 AM
Actually sat through DotD after I finished wathing the last episode of Gatiss' show. It was 2h and 20+ mins long. Seemed uncut to me. It also seemed to have difference music in places too, byut I may be imagining that.

All in all, kudos to BBC4 for showing it uncut. I remember seeing it for the first time, years ago and the film was cut to ribbons. It was remarkable how much was cut out of it in the late 80's/early 90's.