PDA

View Full Version : So How Many of You That Have Seen TWD Already...

rongravy
25-Oct-2010, 11:44 PM
How many sneek peekers out there have watched this over and over already? I was thinking about rewatching it again tonight, or in the near future, but I kind of want it to be as near new again when I catch it on its premiere night.
Not sure if that means anything, or if it's just silliness on my part.
I was pretty wowed at what I saw after all I had to go through to finally see it. Had to download winrar, had to download DIVX, blah blah blah...
However, I was getting sloshed as I did and checking out the Missouri Tigers wooping the crap out of #1 Oklahoma. So I took timeouts and such here and there.
I just want to give it its full due on night I was supposed to be seeing it for the first time.
I've only watched it once. Is anybody else saving the next viewing as am I?
Would it be ok to rewatch now if I got re-drunk and blacked out again?:sneaky:

bassman
25-Oct-2010, 11:52 PM
Not sure about your whole black out scenario, but I've watched it once and can not wait to see it again. Got the DVR set, gonna make a nice steak dinner, pick up a bottle of JD, hand out candy to the kids, and enjoy the hell out the pilot. Seeing it once doesn't change a thing. I'm still excited to see it again. And I'll probably watch it multiple times on the DVR until the Blu Ray is released.

If the pilot is any indication, this series is the second coming for zombie fans. We haven't seen anything this great since 1985...

JDFP
25-Oct-2010, 11:58 PM
If the pilot is any indication, this series is the second coming for zombie fans. We haven't seen anything this great since 1985...

Dude, you just pissed off Bill Nighy. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now...

http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Bill_Nighy/shaun_of_the_dead_bill_nighy_image.jpg

I wouldn't say we haven't seen "anything" this great since '85... just barely anything.

"Deadgirl" is incredible too.

j.p.

kidgloves
26-Oct-2010, 12:11 AM
Sounds a bit of overkill but ive seen it 5 times. Twice on my own. The other 3 times were with friends and family who wanted to know what all the fuss is about.
It stands up.
Every person I've exposed to this has been blown away. It's a very emotional ride and more so for people who have never thought about what would they do under such extreme circumstances. It's a masterpiece for the genre.

ProfessorChaos
26-Oct-2010, 12:19 AM
i've watched it twice, and was gonna invite a couple of pals over, but decided i wanted them to see it for the first time (and myself to see it the next time) in a proper aspect ratio with HD and all that.

bassman
26-Oct-2010, 12:36 AM
Dude, you just pissed off Bill Nighy. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now...

Shaun is a great film, but it's a comedy. So it doesn't count, really...

TWD is the greatest zombie related material in the last 25 years. Speaking of...nobody around has mentioned that this is the 25th anniversary of Day....

darth los
26-Oct-2010, 03:37 PM
Haven't seen it yet but a little of a side story:

This morning on the commute to work I'm on the R train to downtown Brooklyn and about 10 zombies got on the train in full make up and in character for like 30 Minutes promoting the show. The only one who was not in character had a TWD t-shirt on and was doing the speaking.

It was pretty cool. Some people were freaked out, some were annoyed. I, of course was enjoying the whole spectacle. But of course on the day I needed it my phone was sans memory card so i couldn't record it. :(

Just wanted to share.

Only in NY baby!

:cool:

Skold
26-Oct-2010, 05:27 PM
Only in NY baby!

Well, and these cities too (courtesy of http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2010/10/worldwide-zombie-invasion.php):
Washington DC, USA
Boston, USA
Chicago, USA
San Francisco, USA
Los Angeles, USA
Taipei, Taiwan
Hong Kong
Istanbul, Turkey
Athens, Greece
Sofia, Bulgaria
Estonia, Tallinn
Belgrade, Serbia
Munich, Germany
Madrid, Spain
Rome, Italy
Johannesburg, S. Africa
London, UK - Westminster
Lisbon, Portugal
Sao Paolo, Brazil
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Santiago, Chile
Caracas, Venezuela
Bogota, Colombia
Mexico City, Mexico
Guatemala City, Guatemala

Cool that you saw it tthough!

darth los
26-Oct-2010, 05:45 PM
Well, and these cities too (courtesy of http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2010/10/worldwide-zombie-invasion.php):
Washington DC, USA
Boston, USA
Chicago, USA
San Francisco, USA
Los Angeles, USA
Taipei, Taiwan
Hong Kong
Istanbul, Turkey
Athens, Greece
Sofia, Bulgaria
Estonia, Tallinn
Belgrade, Serbia
Munich, Germany
Madrid, Spain
Rome, Italy
Johannesburg, S. Africa
London, UK - Westminster
Lisbon, Portugal
Sao Paolo, Brazil
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Santiago, Chile
Caracas, Venezuela
Bogota, Colombia
Mexico City, Mexico
Guatemala City, Guatemala

Cool that you saw it tthough!

I guess NOT only in NYC baby! :lol:

Wyldwraith
26-Oct-2010, 08:36 PM
TBH,
I have resisted the urge to watch it so far, wanting to give it its Halloween due. Least I can do for the people who FINALLY PUT SOMETHING WORTH WATCHING ON TV. Glad everyone is enjoying it so much, and yes, at times its killing me to wait. Gonna make it to Halloween though.

On another note, anyone else getting tired of the zzz-grade Horror movies playing on SyFy and a few other channels? Stuff like Boogeyman 2, Joyride 2: Dead Ahead (low-rent Hitcher), etc etc.
Wish they'd just stick to AMCs plan and show quality flicks. Plenty of older ones to choose from.

bassman
26-Oct-2010, 08:40 PM
On another note, anyone else getting tired of the zzz-grade Horror movies playing on SyFy and a few other channels? Stuff like Boogeyman 2, Joyride 2: Dead Ahead (low-rent Hitcher), etc etc.
Wish they'd just stick to AMCs plan and show quality flicks. Plenty of older ones to choose from.

I'm actually kinda disappointed in Fear Fest this year. Last year seemed to be much better programming. This year they're going with the cheesier Fridays, Halloweens, and such. Those films were always there, but they seem to be taking the front of the network, while the quality films are getting pushed to the rear. For instance.....I've yet to see one of the Alien films this year, but they've played Jeepers Creepers about three times. :|

And they've only played the original Frankenstein & Dracula once each. In a very early morning time slot.

I love Fear Fest, but this year they've dropped the ball...

Wyldwraith
28-Oct-2010, 05:58 PM
Agreed,
Stuff like Tremors, Jeepers Creepers 2, that absolutely AWFUL Halloween III about the evil corporation making child-killing costume masks for no logical reason. Tons of this crap, and only a minority of decent movies. Then as we get closer to Halloween the lineup just seems to get worse. From Dusk til Dawn, Yawn '04...hell, they coulda at least been original and played Land, instead of calling Dawn '04 a "premier" just because it hasn't shown up on AMC before. God knows its been shows on every OTHER basic cable channel.

Then, beyond the movies that outright suck are the movies that get shown a ton all year round. Like Constantine and The Tommyknockers. Fear Fest has generally been pretty good, but this year The Walking Dead is the ONLY thing it has to recommend it, because it even beat the decent classic slasher movies to death with 3-4 showing of each in one day. Gonna cry if I see House of Wax or House on Haunted Hill one more time on AMC.

It's sad, cuz there are tons of older horror films that plenty of people would love to watch, but whoever's deciding the lineup must hate horror movies.

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2010, 06:05 PM
yeah, i'd hardly consider any of those films anywhere near classic...what's wrong with carrie, pet semetary, the thing, some of the old universal films, dawn78, an american werewolf in london, etc?

think i'm gonna send an email to AMC about their crap-tacular lineup this year. you guys should too, maybe they'll have a better showing next year.

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 06:09 PM
Whats wrong with From Dusk Till Dawn, Wyld? That's one of the good new ones, imo. Fun flick.

LouCipherr
28-Oct-2010, 07:11 PM
Agreed,
Stuff like Tremors...

WHAT?! Did you just say Tremors was crap?!?! :stunned:

I refuse to listen to anymore of this blasphemy!

*sticks fingers in ears and loudly sings 'mary had a little lamb' over and over*

:lol:

darth los
28-Oct-2010, 07:23 PM
Everyone has a film which they really like and that others think is crap. I think from dusk till dawn AND tremors are crap so ya...

DAWN 04'! FTW!

bassman
28-Oct-2010, 08:05 PM
I think from dusk till dawn AND tremors are crap so ya...

:eek::(

We're fucking done, Carlos. I'll send for my things in the morning.

Wyldwraith
29-Oct-2010, 01:36 AM
To be fair,
I do not think that From Dusk Til Dawn (the original, all the sequels are pure worthless crap) and Tremors (again, the original. sequels suck, though still watchable except for the Old West prequel) suck. In the case of those two movies, I feel they're RAMPANTLY OVEREXPOSED on basic cable. Tremors gets shown on TNT at LEAST 12x/year. From Dusk Til Dawn has been in EVERY basic cable horror marathon I've seen since it was made...some of the movies in the lineup (like these 2 and Pet Cemetery) are good in and of themselves, but get shown way too much on basic cable. ESPECIALLY late at night when there's almost nothing on. All 3 have been regular parts of AMCs Fear Friday for at least 2 years.

I'd just like to some some equally old, but not as overexposed movies on. Stuff like Phantasm, The Puppet Masters, Evil Dead 1-2, VAMPIRE$ (the first one, w/ James Woods), The Thing, The Blob (the more recent color version, the original was way too grainy), maybe even Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Then there's all the good low-rent movies. Fright Night 1-2, Dracula 2000, Night of the Creeps, hell...you never even see the original Dawn of the Dead on TV anymore. Haven't seen it since at least 2001 on TV.

Not hard to find decent movies that haven't been shown way too many times. Just gets dull when you've seen everything 10x in the last year. Wouldn't kill em to reach a bit for some less high-profile movies.

Legion2213
29-Oct-2010, 11:47 PM
Only watched it the once so far...sort of want to watch it again, but at the same time, I don't.

I am hoping to last another week and watch it in true, glorious HD as it should be watched. :cool: