PDA

View Full Version : Frozen

LouCipherr
27-Oct-2010, 02:11 PM
I would've done another "I have shamed myself... I watched <insert movie here>" post for this, but I actually found this flick kind of entertaining.

Has anyone seen this movie? Here's the premise:

In Mount Holliston, snowboarders Dan Walker, his girlfriend Parker O'Neil and his best friend Joe Lynch don't have enough money to buy cable car tickets. Parker bribes Jason, an employee of the skiing station, with one hundred dollars. When the system is nearing closure, they force Jason to let them have the last pass. However, Jason needs to resolve a problem and his colleague misunderstands his instructions and stops the cable car, and the trio of snowboarders gets stranded on the chairlift on the top of the mountain. When they see that the lights of the ski resort had been turned off, they need to make a choice: leave the chairlift or freeze to death.

Ok, I know it sounds sorta hokey in concept, however, this movie had some really good moments in it. My son actually found this trailer a month or so ago and REALLY wanted to see it. During a recent trip to best buy to buy a bunch of Blu-Gay discs, we saw this one for $9.99 and figured "what the hell" and picked it up. Not bad, not bad at all. I assume this wasn't done with an extremely large budget, but it had some really good, creepy moments in it. :D

AcesandEights
27-Oct-2010, 02:46 PM
It actually doesn't sound like a bad concept, to be honest.

http://albacontrols.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/thumbs-up-emperor-1-5.jpg?w=99&h=108

LouCipherr
27-Oct-2010, 03:07 PM
I'll tell ya, Aces, there is some great, tense moments in the film. The idea of how they get stuck up there in the first place seemed kinda hokey to me until I watched the flick - then it made perfect sense.

The bitch of it is, they can't just "jump down" from the lift - they're like 100+ feet above the hard packed snow, so jumping is a bad idea. The question is, how the hell do you get down from a chair lift while you're only 1/2 way up the mountain and 100+ feet from the ground? Not to mention, it's well below zero outside, so it's freezing...

Here's the trailer:

EY_OyB43pgM

Oh yeah, the "catch" to the movie - they get stuck up there on a Sunday - the ski resort doesn't re-open 'till the following Friday. :elol: