PDA

View Full Version : Trick Or Treat

MoonSylver
29-Oct-2010, 11:15 PM
In honor of the season:

http://img.movieberry.com/static/photos/16290/2_midi.jpg

How criminal is it that THIS movie is unavailable on DVD? (music copyright issues)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trick_or_Treat_(1986_film)

Used to LOVE the soundtrack by Fastway:

6UXNhbk6Htg
-6B1VCmsIGA
WN4_hJHL7XY
O452swWRWL4
4xGYYX-oHLE
bSfKJM9qqis
8guQenbbvls
m6gY3bi4xDw&
2bEKrn5O5TI

Mike70
29-Oct-2010, 11:42 PM
that flick was a guilty pleasure of mine for quite a long while. i say was because i haven't seen it in ages. as you point out the only DVD release is out of print and the anchor bay release went down to davy jones.

i used to have a copy of this flick on VHS that i taped off of cable in like 1988 or so. alas, that too has gone the way of the dodo and i don't have anything to play it on even if i still had it.

i have, however, just discovered through the miracle of the interwebz that it is possible to obtain a copy.

MoonSylver
30-Oct-2010, 11:13 PM
that flick was a guilty pleasure of mine for quite a long while. i say was because i haven't seen it in ages. as you point out the only DVD release is out of print and the anchor bay release went down to davy jones.

i used to have a copy of this flick on VHS that i taped off of cable in like 1988 or so. alas, that too has gone the way of the dodo and i don't have anything to play it on even if i still had it.

i have, however, just discovered through the miracle of the interwebz that it is possible to obtain a copy.

Yeah, I have a dub of it at my folks place. I figured you could *aquire* a copy if you really wanted to. Not a great flick really, but I love it nonetheless. Great slice of 80's cheese. An I do love that soundtrack (have it on cassette, really need to get the CD...)

Purge
01-Nov-2010, 12:35 AM
Funny you should mention this. I was playing horror trivia at a friend's house last week, and I got some points for knowing the name of the villain (Sammi Curr).

MoonSylver
01-Nov-2010, 12:49 AM
Funny you should mention this. I was playing horror trivia at a friend's house last week, and I got some points for knowing the name of the villain (Sammi Curr).

:thumbsup:

I was just telling Mike last night I never knew Blackie Lawless was originally supposed to play the part of Sammi Curr. How weird would THAT have been? Also, the part was offered to Gene Simmons who passed. Can't really see him in that part for some reason, but Blackie could have been pretty wild...

Mike70
01-Nov-2010, 03:13 AM
i watched this late last night. it is as gloriously ridiculous and cheesy as i remember it. the 80s were a hell of a decade.

BillyRay
01-Nov-2010, 02:09 PM
This is the one with Skippy from Family Ties as a metalhead, right?

Purge
01-Nov-2010, 02:33 PM
This is the one with Skippy from Family Ties as a metalhead, right?

That's the one.

Lawless would have been perfect for the role.

LouCipherr
01-Nov-2010, 02:46 PM
It's available on DVD, I've seen it all over the place. Although, I have to admit, putting a picture of Ozzy & Gene Simmons on the cover and stating "STARRING OZZY OSBOURNE & GENE SIMMONS" is pathetic when you consider their on-screen time combined is probably 5 minutes. :rolleyes: Marketing to the kiddies growing up on The Osbournes & Family Jewels I guess..

The soundtrack I have probably bought at least 3 times on casette, and twice on CD - one of my favorite soundtracks for a movie ever, not to mention Fastway kicked ass in the 80's. :D

MoonSylver
01-Nov-2010, 11:07 PM
It's available on DVD, I've seen it all over the place. Although, I have to admit, putting a picture of Ozzy & Gene Simmons on the cover and stating "STARRING OZZY OSBOURNE & GENE SIMMONS" is pathetic when you consider their on-screen time combined is probably 5 minutes. :rolleyes: Marketing to the kiddies growing up on The Osbournes & Family Jewels I guess..

Guess I'll have to look harder then...:shifty:

The soundtrack I have probably bought at least 3 times on casette, and twice on CD - one of my favorite soundtracks for a movie ever, not to mention Fastway kicked ass in the 80's. :D

:thumbsup:http://www.smileyhut.com/smileys/headbang.gif

LouCipherr
02-Nov-2010, 02:05 PM
Guess I'll have to look harder then...:shifty:

It's around, Moon - I've seen it in a few stores. WalMart, K-Mart, those kinds of places. Can't say I've seen it in a Best Buy, but then again, I wasn't exactly looking for it. Perhaps it is out of print, but I know there's still copies floating around out there.

You can still get it from Amazon here. (http://www.amazon.com/Trick-Treat-Marc-Price/dp/B000096FVG)

I do, however, still have the soundtrack on CD. Still one of the best soundtracks for a flick ever IMO. :D

"I'm gonna get youuuuu... get you after midnight. Shock you. Shock you 'till the sparks fly" http://www.smileyhut.com/smileys/headbang.gif

MikePizzoff
03-Nov-2010, 07:08 AM
Man, I haven't seen this in years! Nor do I remember much of it...

I need to pick this one up, though.

I was born a decade late.