PDA

View Full Version : I really loved....

kidgloves
01-Nov-2010, 09:57 PM
The whole scene as Rick stepped out of the hospital and saw the battle that had taken place. Real signs of carnage. Buildings blown to shit. Military vehicles left abandoned. The hospital was even hit explaining the mess Rick found inside. Bodies everywhere rolled in sheets like the basement scene in Dawn. Not to mention the head height bullet holes in the wall inside with blood everywhere. That alone tells some backstory.

MoonSylver
01-Nov-2010, 10:38 PM
Yeah, there were lots of stuff like that they were able to "add" in that weren't really in the comic per se. Benefit of the medium. ;)

deadkrank
01-Nov-2010, 10:54 PM
The scene with Rick waking up in the hospital reminded me of the opening to 28 Days Later with Cillian Murphy waking up to an empty hospital. And the SCFI story Day of The Triffids started the same way with someone waking up to any empty hospital.What ever.
Yeah anyways loved the episode. And cant wait to see the next episode.

ProfessorChaos
01-Nov-2010, 11:12 PM
i just can't get over how fucking gruesome bicycle girl looked. that zombie is one that i actually heard people talking about at school today and some of my friends/family i mentioned the show too are going on about too.

and the scene where rick goes back to put her out of her misery, paralleling with morgan trying to end his wife's suffering was superb. i also really dug the moment when rick and that poor horse rounded the corner to greet a few hundred starving zombies. that shit was intense, even with having seen it in previews months ago.

come to think of it, there really wasn't much i didn't love about this pilot....and there's so much more in store, fellas. this series is gonna be one for the television history books, we are living in good times.:)

clanglee
01-Nov-2010, 11:23 PM
Good times indeed. I am as happy as a pig in shit right now. And with Game of Thrones coming out next year!! All of my nerd fanaties are coming true.

ProfessorChaos
01-Nov-2010, 11:27 PM
what about that fantasy about rescuing princess leia from jabba's palace and then her allowing you to give her the business as a way of saying thank you, then her deciding to become your little slave girl?

MoonSylver
02-Nov-2010, 12:13 AM
i also really dug the moment when rick and that poor horse rounded the corner to greet a few hundred starving zombies. that shit was intense, even with having seen it in previews months ago.

Yeah, I was on the edge of my seat for BOTH viewings last night, eyes open wide & unblinking to drink it all in, even though I knew how it was going to play out. Pure awesome. :thumbsup:

bassman
02-Nov-2010, 12:32 AM
i also really dug the moment when rick and that poor horse rounded the corner to greet a few hundred starving zombies. that shit was intense, even with having seen it in previews months ago.

While the scene as a whole is very cool, I actually have a small gripe with a single shot. It's just as the zombies notice Rick. There's a handheld shot up REALLY close in a black zombie's face. I think it may also be dutched. It just feels out of place to me. The show has some beautiful camera work, and then this scene cuts to a MTV/Cribs style wabble...

clanglee
02-Nov-2010, 01:37 AM
what about that fantasy about rescuing princess leia from jabba's palace and then her allowing you to give her the business as a way of saying thank you, then her deciding to become your little slave girl?

You know what's funny? I almost edited my post to include something about Princess Leia in The slavegirl outfit. :lol:

DubiousComforts
02-Nov-2010, 01:50 AM
The scene with Rick waking up in the hospital reminded me of the opening to 28 Days Later with Cillian Murphy waking up to an empty hospital. And the SCFI story Day of The Triffids started the same way with someone waking up to any empty hospital.What ever.
Reminded? It's exactly like 28 Days Later which was based on Wyndham's Day of the Triffids. The only difference is that at least Danny Boyle acknowledges the source of inspiration.

ProfessorChaos
02-Nov-2010, 02:05 AM
While the scene as a whole is very cool, I actually have a small gripe with a single shot. It's just as the zombies notice Rick. There's a handheld shot up REALLY close in a black zombie's face. I think it may also be dutched. It just feels out of place to me. The show has some beautiful camera work, and then this scene cuts to a MTV/Cribs style wabble...

yeah, that same shot bothered me, but the rest of that moment is so epic i can look past that small bit.

You know what's funny? I almost edited my post to include something about Princess Leia in The slavegirl outfit. :lol:

i know you all too well....but i think that most of who grew up on star wars films have had the same fantasy about her.

MoonSylver
02-Nov-2010, 02:31 AM
i know you all too well....but i think that most of who grew up on star wars films have had the same fantasy about her.

http://www.leiasmetalbikini.com/

You think? :lol:

clanglee
02-Nov-2010, 02:35 AM

You think? :lol: Where did you find this glorious site?!?!?

DubiousComforts
02-Nov-2010, 02:39 AM
NOW we're talking!

Hey, how come there are no sweet African princesses on that site?

deadkrank
02-Nov-2010, 03:11 AM
Reminded? It's exactly like 28 Days Later which was based on Wyndham's Day of the Triffids. The only difference is that at least Danny Boyle acknowledges the source of inspiration.

Yeah not to long ago I rented from Netflix the original BBC Mini series of Day of The Triffids and I thought it was very good.
I see that The BBC has done a remake to Day of The Triffids.Have not scene that yet. Thoe I'm not sure if it's aired over here in the states yet?
I loved The BBC's remake of The Survivors thoe.And was upset to read the news The BBC cancel the show after 2 seasons.

MoonSylver
02-Nov-2010, 05:43 AM
Where did you find this glorious site?!?!?

Hey, all the legends you've heard are true. I AM that damn good. , ;)

ProfessorChaos
02-Nov-2010, 06:08 AM
^

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID...:cool: