PDA

View Full Version : The Absolutely Pointless 'How Many Times Have you Watched the Pilot' Thread

AcesandEights
04-Nov-2010, 02:04 PM
Whether you've seen the pilot of the Walking Dead 0 times, or seen a dodecajillion times. Whether you're hear to tell us because you are trying to prove you are the one true fan of the show or compensating for some flaw of flesh or character you desperately hide away from others by way of exorbitant claims and tall tales. Please regale us with your claims of how many times you've watched pilot episode of The Walking Dead.

Just a silly question for those of us who enjoyed the pilot.

Me? I've seen it once, so far :o. Gotta watch it again before Sunday.

Mitchified
04-Nov-2010, 02:34 PM
A grand total of...once.

I watched it, I loved it, I didn't see a point to watching it again. It's on the DVR if I decide to, but between writing, working, and spending time with the family I haven't really had the urge to.

bassman
04-Nov-2010, 03:04 PM
Watched the screener twice and then the premiere on AMC. Plan on watching it once more before episode 2 on Sunday(which is listed as 11pm on my schedule. Everywhere else is saying 10? :confused:)

MoonSylver
04-Nov-2010, 04:05 PM
Watched the screener twice and then the premiere on AMC. Plan on watching it once more before episode 2 on Sunday(which is listed as 11pm on my schedule. Everywhere else is saying 10? :confused:)

I think it's 10 Bass. That was when it aired Sunday & when they have it listed for on the next 2 Sundays on AMC's schedule.

Watched twice, the night it aired. :)

bassman
04-Nov-2010, 04:06 PM
I think it's 10 Bass. That was when it aired Sunday & when they have it listed for on the next 2 Sundays on AMC's schedule.

That's why i'm so confused. It's listed as 10 on the internet and AMC's scheduling, but my satelite schedule(dish network) has it at showing at 11?...

LouCipherr
04-Nov-2010, 04:07 PM
4 times.. :o :D

ProfessorChaos
04-Nov-2010, 04:23 PM
probably 4 or 5 so far.

BillyRay
04-Nov-2010, 04:30 PM
Only seen it once.

May watch it again if'n they air it before next week's episode.

Otherwise I'll probably wind up renting it on DVD...eventually.

AcesandEights
04-Nov-2010, 04:35 PM
It's on the DVR if I decide to, but between writing, working, and spending time with the family I haven't really had the urge to.

I hear ya. I've been busy this week, myself and have it DVRed in case I have the time to give it another look, something I really hope I get a chance to do before Sunday!

darth los
04-Nov-2010, 04:39 PM
I hear ya. I've been busy this week, myself and have it DVRed in case I have the time to give it another look, something I really hope I get a chance to do before Sunday!

I just saw it again yesterday buddy and Upon further review: The call on the field is overturned !

yeah they messed that blowing the brains out/crawling though the bottom of the tank scene. There was no pause, no moment of realization. It looked very , for lack of a better term (although I'm sure you can help me with that) fake.

:cool:

Debbieangel
04-Nov-2010, 05:23 PM
I am confessing I have watched it 4 times!!!
Sunday night by myself...then daughter and second daughter watched with me again that night.
Oh,btw: Daughter doesn't like zombie movies(hmmm is she my REAL daughter?)lol Anyway, my daughter Heather wants to watch it again. My second daughter Moh is into zombies and she thought it was freaking awesome!
Believe me when I say my Heather doesn't like zombie movies..when I even mention about zombies she hollars at me cause she will have a weird zomb dream that night. lol
TWD has a GREAT storyline that makes you wanna watch more of it. I am trying not to critic it cause I think it takes away from it. Myself I sit back and ENJOY....SIGH!! finally we got ourselves a zombie SERIES...what more can we ask for?????

Legion2213
05-Nov-2010, 02:06 AM
Held off, been good, controlled the urge etc...so I only watched it once.

UK premiere tonight, so I get to watch (and record it) it in proper HD. I may "binge view" over the weekend. :)

White_Zombie
05-Nov-2010, 02:47 AM
I've watched the pilot a grand total of 5 times, i think I've watched it so many times to pick up on things i may have missed.

Mike70
05-Nov-2010, 03:01 AM
i have watched it 3 times now. i still have a high opinion of it. is it the greatest thing since sliced bread? probably not, but it is still pretty good nonetheless.

Gryphon
05-Nov-2010, 03:10 AM
I am confessing I have watched it 4 times!!!
Sunday night by myself...then daughter and second daughter watched with me again that night.
Oh,btw: Daughter doesn't like zombie movies(hmmm is she my REAL daughter?)lol Anyway, my daughter Heather wants to watch it again. My second daughter Moh is into zombies and she thought it was freaking awesome!
Believe me when I say my Heather doesn't like zombie movies..when I even mention about zombies she hollars at me cause she will have a weird zomb dream that night. lol
TWD has a GREAT storyline that makes you wanna watch more of it. I am trying not to critic it cause I think it takes away from it. Myself I sit back and ENJOY....SIGH!! finally we got ourselves a zombie SERIES...what more can we ask for?????

My thoughts exactly! And three times so far :P

tkane18
05-Nov-2010, 04:58 AM
About 4 times for me.

Danny
05-Nov-2010, 05:10 AM
twice, s'allright but i am not one of the guys uncontrollably jizzing his pants for 60 minutes straight. It was by no means bad at all, just not that strong a pilot. But then as i said in other threads, as an adaptation, most of it was padding and filler. I'll watch it if i can, but considering i am, series' to issues, about a decade ahead of the tv show in terms of the plot i'm not exactly chomping at the bit for "oh man, do you remember the time-" y'know?

But then zombies have reached an oversaturation point in all forms of media over the last decade so i'm either just looking for something a bit less 'romer-ey' in my zombie horror right now or i just need to leave it a while and come to it later when i'm more excited for it. right now i can take it or leave it.

bassman
05-Nov-2010, 12:15 PM
That's one of the reasons i'm really glad to have not followed the comic series. I had a feeling the die hard fans of the comics would be underwhelmed by the adaptation. They usually always are. It's nice for me to not really know what's coming next.

Maybe they'll stick to what we've heard Darabont and Company say about changing it up for the fans. I'm sure they will throw in some curve balls as the show progresses.

As for the padding & filler - that's one of the things I loved about the pilot. It actually took the time to create an atmosphere and let it sink in rather than a "go, go, go!" pace like most horror films of today.

Wyldwraith
05-Nov-2010, 01:11 PM
That's one of the reasons i'm really glad to have not followed the comic series. I had a feeling the die hard fans of the comics would be underwhelmed by the adaptation. They usually always are. It's nice for me to not really know what's coming next.
Maybe they'll stick to what we've heard Darabont and Company say about changing it up for the fans. I'm sure they will throw in some curve balls as the show progresses.

As for the padding & filler - that's one of the things I loved about the pilot. It actually took the time to create an atmosphere and let it sink in rather than a "go, go, go!" pace like most horror films of today.

Agreed,
I tend to believe that TWD TV adaptation will contain several serious plot departures from the comics, as they're already emphasizing that in interviews. Also agree that not having read the comics prolly does make watching the show more fun in some ways.

As for oversaturation of zombie material the last few years? Well, if you're talking about an oversaturation of SHITTY zombie movies, then yes. Hasn't been enough quality zombies flicks in the last 5 yrs to make one credible evening-long marathon.

Trin
05-Nov-2010, 01:34 PM
twice, s'allright but i am not one of the guys uncontrollably jizzing his pants for 60 minutes straight.So you are saying that you need a little recovery time before you can have another go at it? That happens, especially as you get older.

As for the padding & filler - that's one of the things I loved about the pilot. It actually took the time to create an atmosphere and let it sink in rather than a "go, go, go!" pace like most horror films of today.That is one of the most enjoyable things about TWD so far. I've griped about the pace because in places I think they belabor points, like when he's following the half-corpse through the park alongside Morgan trying to off his wife, or the scene in the police cruiser with the partner. But I'm glad they erred on the side of overdoing the build-up. One of my gripes with Land is that it presents a really compelling, interesting view into the zombie world and we see such a tiny glimpse of it. Land shot straight into plot while I was still trying to grasp their situation. If you look at 28 Weeks Later it did an awesome job of establishing the setting too (unfortunately followed by an absolute rape of a movie, but what the hay).

TWD did a great job of spending time letting us explore through eyes of the characters.