PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead bloopers (spoilers)

Eyebiter
05-Nov-2010, 07:22 PM
Warning: Plot Spoilers Ahead
===============================

In the pilot episode 101 "Days Gone By"

1. At the road block Deputy Leon is told to make sure he has a round in the chamber and the safety off. However the Glock handgun doesn't have a traditional safety mechanism to engage or disengage. Instead it features a unique "safe action" trigger design.

2. In the hospital scene, note that portions of the building still have emergency power and illuminated exit signs. By law stairwells in public buildings must be equipped with emergency lighting system and exit signs that include a backup battery system. Self Luminous exit signs using tritium are common in American government buildings since 9/11.

3. The M-1 Abrams main battle tank used by the US military has a very low ground clearance, and does not have a bottom hatch.

The older M-60 series tanks with a bottom hatch were retired from US service in 2000. Remaining models were sold to foreign countries, dumped into the ocean as artificial reefs for scuba diving, or scrapped and donated to municipal and veterans groups for static display.

DubiousComforts
05-Nov-2010, 07:24 PM
Okay, now you're just looking for trouble. ;) j/k

childofgilead
05-Nov-2010, 07:29 PM
Yeah, the Glock mistake kinda bugged me too.

Regarding the tank, on the shots down his legs and the reversals, it never shows the tanks opening either. Even if the tank had one, it's not shown in the shot!

bassman
1. At the road block Deputy Leon is told to make sure he has a round in the chamber and the safety off. However the Glock handgun doesn't have a traditional safety mechanism to engage or disengage. Instead it features a unique "safe action" trigger design.

Good catch. I would have to go back and look, but I thought he "cocked" the gun to put the round in the chamber?

Another thing I would have to double check, but I think Rick fires off too many rounds and we never see him reload his revolver. Although that's a common movie cliche. Like shifting gears for no apparent reason...

ProfessorChaos
perhaps in regards to #1, rick was unaware of what sort of firearm his comrade was using, and just threw out the general "get your shit together" warning to deputy dipshit.

holy fuck, this series is gonna be the end of life as we know it on these boards.

Legion2213
05-Nov-2010, 07:31 PM
The Glock comment could simply be taken as Rick telling the guy to make sure his weapon was primed and ready to fire, not a "model specific" comment.

Edit: Prof C got there before me...damn him, damn him to Hell!!!!

AcesandEights
05-Nov-2010, 07:37 PM
Warning: Plot Spoilers Ahead
===============================

In the pilot episode 101 "Days Gone By"

1. At the road block Deputy Leon is told to make sure he has a round in the chamber and the safety off. However the Glock handgun doesn't have a traditional safety mechanism to engage or disengage. Instead it features a unique "safe action" trigger design

That's a blooper in some people's opinion, eh?

"Make sure you have a round chambered and that your unique safe action trigger design--both the term 'unique safe action trigger design' and specific configuration it refers to are trademarked properties of Glock Ges.m.b.H., all rights reserved, by the by--doesn't get in your way!"

That would be compelling dialogue, right?

ProfessorChaos
05-Nov-2010, 07:49 PM
Edit: Prof C got there before me...damn him, damn him to Hell!!!!

there's plenty of people who have expressed this sentiment at me in my lifetime. i'd be surprised if there isn't a facebook group out there for you guys.:D

EDIT: and in regards to my earlier posting about TWD ending life as we know it on these boards, i think that was a mistake, as this place is probably gonna just carry on as normal, with lots of over-analyzing, arguing, drama, joking, etc.

carry on, boys.

bassman
05-Nov-2010, 07:52 PM
That's a blooper in some people's opinion, eh?

:lol:

Weren't you the guy that under 45 minutes ago left a comment in the "overrated" thread abour how our nitpicking and dissections of these things are supposed to all be in good fun? :p

AcesandEights
05-Nov-2010, 07:59 PM
:lol:

Weren't you the guy that under 45 minutes ago left a comment in the "overrated" thread abour how our nitpicking and dissections of these things are supposed to all be in good fun? :p

Hey, man, my points in both cases are valid. If it's a blooper to have someone speaking in a way that seems normal to the audience, makes sense in the situation and doesn't presuppose a godlike knowledge of all aspects of the character's surroundings, then we'll be listing bloopers all day long.

SymphonicX
06-Nov-2010, 01:16 AM
Hey, man, my points in both cases are valid. If it's a blooper to have someone speaking in a way that seems normal to the audience, makes sense in the situation and doesn't presuppose a godlike knowledge of all aspects of the character's surroundings, then we'll be listing bloopers all day long.

Sounds like a great idea.

I had a thought:

About the spike strips - they're not exactly designed to flip a car over 8 times are they? And in every reality cop show I've seen, a cop sticks next to the spikes to pull them away after they have hit - our guys in TWD put them down and ran away - what if some random civvie pulled onto that road?

The design nowdays is such that they let the air out of the tyres slowly, rather than shattering them and causing a massive pile up.

White_Zombie
06-Nov-2010, 01:30 AM
I have a lot of army buddies, with multiples tours in the middle east who are in fact tankers and drove the M-1 Abrams. I'm pretty sure you don't need keys to start that model of tank, I'm pretty you just push a button to start the tank. I also heard they're not that much harder to drive than a car. It would be pretty cool if Rick knew that and started that bad boy up and made zombie pancakes. haha

MoonSylver
06-Nov-2010, 01:53 AM
holy fuck, this series is gonna be the end of life as we know it on these boards.

http://radioexile.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/EndIsNear3.jpg

Skippy911sc
08-Nov-2010, 12:17 AM
Is it possible that the firearm in question was not a Glock? Perhaps a FNH with a thumb safety. Or perhaps they had a thumbsafety installed? I usually find that sort of stuff really anoying but in this case I was able to look past it.

Debbieangel
08-Nov-2010, 01:32 AM
there's plenty of people who have expressed this sentiment at me in my lifetime. i'd be surprised if there isn't a facebook group out there for you guys.:D

EDIT: and in regards to my earlier posting about TWD ending life as we know it on these boards, i think that was a mistake, as this place is probably gonna just carry on as normal, with lots of over-analyzing, arguing, drama, joking, etc.

carry on, boys.

Ahem, and girls/ladies??? ;)

ProfessorChaos
08-Nov-2010, 01:38 AM
my apologies, deb. although in my defense, the majority of bitching, arguing, and nit-picking around here comes from us guys while you ladies who post are usually the voices of reason.

again, sorry.

carry on, ladies and gentlemen.:D

EDIT: and in my opinion, the only blooper so far is that the first season in only six episodes.....

DjfunkmasterG
08-Nov-2010, 01:16 PM
BLOOPER for CAR!

You need the key Fob present to even activate the vehicle and the alarm on that car was incorrect as well. If you smash a window on a challenger, and try to start it without the fob it won't start. It is a safety feature built in by Chrysler for the vehicle. My Camaro has the same thing... KILL SWITCH.

Mitchified
08-Nov-2010, 02:25 PM
There are no bloopers or mistakes on The Walking Dead. Everything that appears to be one is easily explained by one word: magic. Clearly the world was reshaped by voodoo magic, accounting for not only the dead rising but also such relatively minor things as car kill switches and moving bullet wounds.

AcesandEights
08-Nov-2010, 03:31 PM
If they couldn't get the car started, how would they get their product placement dollars??? ;)

Eyebiter
13-Nov-2010, 12:11 PM
Who gets hit in the face with a shovel and doesn't have a bruise?

sandrock74
13-Nov-2010, 03:15 PM
Who gets hit in the face with a shovel and doesn't have a bruise?

Superman

Mitchified
13-Nov-2010, 03:18 PM
Superman

Unless it's a kryptonite shovel.

BillyRay
13-Nov-2010, 03:37 PM
Unless it's a kryptonite shovel.

Unless it's Blue Kryptonite, which only affects Bizarros.

hadrian0117
13-Nov-2010, 06:04 PM
I've said it before, but Rick was in a coma for several weeks. Yet he did not have a urinary catheter, or a diaper, or a rectal catheter. Nor was he lying in his own waste. Coma patients still pee and poop. He didn't have a feeding tube either. I guess Rick trying to remove his own catheter is just too graphic for American TV; we aren't ready for that level of detail.

mista_mo
14-Nov-2010, 12:11 AM
I dunno about you, but I don't want to see Ricks shit and piss stained skibbies. It isn't that important.

MikePizzoff
14-Nov-2010, 12:26 AM
Sorry, guys, but nothing listed in this thread should be regarded as a blooper. The stuff you guys are listing are factual errors.

An example of a blooper would be: "In the background of this shot you can see a zombie breaking character and laughing."

AcesandEights
14-Nov-2010, 01:39 AM
Wait...so this thread can't be considered a blooper???