PDA

View Full Version : Brokeback of the Dead

Eyebiter
05-Mar-2006, 02:48 AM
Yet another Brokeback Mountain parody trailer...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6022180758924898010&q=brokeback

idsaluteyoubub
05-Mar-2006, 04:44 AM
Hahaha, now that is a classic!

p2501
05-Mar-2006, 06:04 AM
awesome, great catch.

Neil
05-Mar-2006, 08:43 AM
Rest in peace Mr Liberty! You were awesome as Dr Logan!

Adrenochrome
05-Mar-2006, 01:51 PM
oh man!! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!! I think I wet 'em.:D

glsjaw
05-Mar-2006, 06:09 PM
thats not right, hilarious but not right

MinionZombie
05-Mar-2006, 07:04 PM
Now that was awesome.

And it's kind of funny, it just intensifies a relationship which is already pretty sweet in the actual film, hehe. When Bub discover's Logan's dead body, it is actually quite emotional - you feel more from that, the relationship of a zombie and his crazy scientist chum/captor, than you do from all those O.C. type films/shows.

Awwww...

And I really must see this Brokeback Mountain thingy, it looks like a quality film and it's got Gyllenhaal in it - who is one of the best new actors of our (I mean my) generation.

idsaluteyoubub
05-Mar-2006, 07:39 PM
Now that was awesome.

And it's kind of funny, it just intensifies a relationship which is already pretty sweet in the actual film, hehe. When Bub discover's Logan's dead body, it is actually quite emotional - you feel more from that, the relationship of a zombie and his crazy scientist chum/captor, than you do from all those O.C. type films/shows.

Awwww...

And I really must see this Brokeback Mountain thingy, it looks like a quality film and it's got Gyllenhaal in it - who is one of the best new actors of our (I mean my) generation.

I may get some slack for this, but I really dont care at all.

The film is good, I will admit that. The score is catchy...the cinematography is amazing. Heath Ledger's performance was amazing.

Best Picture? No. Deserving of all these nominations? I dont think so. The reason why its getting so much hype is because it is one of the first serious gay romance movies out there...and thats it. Since the Oscars became nothing more than a political pedestal since...forever...**** like this happens. Surely its a damn good film, but not deserving all the lauding it is getting. I mean, Cinderella Man was amazing and no one really hears of that movie.

And I dont think Gylethall is that great an actor...but thats just my opinion as well...so maybe you wont listen to anything I have said :D

MinionZombie
05-Mar-2006, 07:46 PM
I listened to "fupishcu" :p

idsaluteyoubub
05-Mar-2006, 07:54 PM
Hhahaha. FUPISHCU me?! NO FUPISHCU YOU!!!

Marie
05-Mar-2006, 10:33 PM

The film was very touching, certainly not the epic that it's made out to be by the popular press, but it WAS a very emotional, and yes believable film.

And there were no zombies in it, but it was good anyway:D .

M_

GRMonLI
05-Mar-2006, 10:35 PM
That was sooooo great!!

Two great movies that go great together!!!!!

Tab-Zero
06-Mar-2006, 10:20 PM
a man and his zombie lover....now that is a love story for all time!

MikePizzoff
06-Mar-2006, 10:46 PM
hahaha! Nice!

DeadJonas190
07-Mar-2006, 05:14 AM
I may get some slack for this, but I really dont care at all.

The film is good, I will admit that. The score is catchy...the cinematography is amazing. Heath Ledger's performance was amazing.

Best Picture? No. Deserving of all these nominations? I dont think so. The reason why its getting so much hype is because it is one of the first serious gay romance movies out there...and thats it. Since the Oscars became nothing more than a political pedestal since...forever...**** like this happens. Surely its a damn good film, but not deserving all the lauding it is getting. I mean, Cinderella Man was amazing and no one really hears of that movie.

And I dont think Gylethall is that great an actor...but thats just my opinion as well...so maybe you wont listen to anything I have said :D

I agree with you on Brokeback Mountain. I also believe that Cinderella Man was the best movie that came out in 2005 and should have won best picture. Sure Crash was good, but Cinderella Man was so much better.

idsaluteyoubub
07-Mar-2006, 05:27 AM
I agree with you on Brokeback Mountain. I also believe that Cinderella Man was the best movie that came out in 2005 and should have won best picture. Sure Crash was good, but Cinderella Man was so much better.

Yea I agree with you on Cinderella Man. I was so ****ed that Clooney beat Giamatti for best supporting actor. Freakin Oscars, so worthless. FUPISCHCU them!

bassman
07-Mar-2006, 03:05 PM
The reason why its getting so much hype is because it is one of the first serious gay romance movies out there...and thats it.

Not true at all. There have been several.

deadwrtr
07-Mar-2006, 08:05 PM

True... but I think the controversy here came from Gyllenhall and Ledger, two well known, STRAIGHT actors playing gay men. That in itself drew a lot of attention. Oddly, I just watched Gyllenhall in JARHEAD and I don't think I've seen a more macho man movie in some time.

heehee... does anyone remember the scene in JARHEAD with the Field F*ck? I wonder if that wasn't prescient...

MinionZombie
07-Mar-2006, 08:53 PM
Jarhead was f*cking awesome! I love that flick - the book is even better. One thing with the movie is that a lot of the narration by Swoff is taken out (very evident in the field f*ck sequence) as well as a lot of the background to the man himself.

However I thought it was a great movie, and I'm so glad it focussed on the Gulf War instead of trying to ham up some connection with the current war in Iraq - it's funny to see people bitching that there isn't a connection, but the book never had that connection and Mendes himself has stated they were never going for that - it'd be stupid - Jarhead is about the 1990 conflict after all!

My favourite bit came before the field f*ck - the football game - it was hilarious in the book and it's really cool to see it realised on the screen. It's a really great movie ... flicks like Apocalypse Now or The Deer Hunter etc really define that period - Jarhead (and I guess Three Kings) are movies which really define the Gulf War...I wonder how the Iraq conflict going on now will be realised in 10 years time?

idsaluteyoubub
07-Mar-2006, 09:14 PM

That is why I said it is ONE of the FIRST serious gay movies out there. And it is certainly the FIRST with so much hype...

Trencher
08-Mar-2006, 12:24 PM
Wow that trailer really show how much movie music have to say for the movie.

Adrenochrome
08-Mar-2006, 12:41 PM
Wow that trailer really show how much movie music have to say for the movie.
The scene where Dr. Logan reaches for the headphones and Bub "lovingly" grabs his arm....followed by Logan smiling - the music there is perfect; changes EVERYTHING!

bassman
08-Mar-2006, 01:28 PM
That is why I said it is ONE of the FIRST serious gay movies out there. And it is certainly the FIRST with so much hype...

But it's definitely not one of the first. It did get alot of hype, however.

ZombieFood
09-Mar-2006, 05:24 AM
That is waaaaay too funny. Thanks!

DjfunkmasterG
09-Mar-2006, 01:33 PM
PHUCKING PHANTASTIC!

Truly great, a gem in parody trailers :evil:

What song do they use? not bad for some steel guitar twangy stuff

LoSTBoY
10-Mar-2006, 08:51 AM
Thats the best one I've seen yet! :)

DjfunkmasterG
10-Mar-2006, 09:25 AM
It is very funny. I showed it to my co-workers whom had never seen Day of the Dead, but had seen Brokeback mountain and they laughed.

I found out the song. The Wings by Gustavo Pastaolloa

BotOZombie
12-Mar-2006, 08:21 PM
Damn ive just spit beer all over my keyboard. Very, Very funny and also a little strange. Day is my favourite of the series and im never going to be able to watch it in the same light now :D

Andy
12-Mar-2006, 09:21 PM
Now that was awesome.

Awwww...

ive often wondered why logan dosn't revive.. i mean he clearly has no head injuries when bub finds him and rhodes only shoots him in the body.. so why?

it would of been more dramatic if bub had found him and he was a mindless zombie.. :shifty:

BlueRoseRomeo
17-Mar-2006, 01:43 AM
I work with the guy that made this with his buddy. I will pass the stuff you have posted on here to him..I am sure he will like the comments a lot.

DaDeadGuy
17-Mar-2006, 03:29 AM
Haha that was freakin halarious man, I couldn't stop laughing, nice find!

idsaluteyoubub
17-Mar-2006, 06:03 AM
ive often wondered why logan dosn't revive.. i mean he clearly has no head injuries when bub finds him and rhodes only shoots him in the body.. so why?

it would of been more dramatic if bub had found him and he was a mindless zombie.. :shifty:

I figure that since Romero was on a strict budget and head squibs are probably costlier than body squibs...he just opted out the head shot...at least one you can see. If you remember, you see Doc getting shot up from the front, then the shot switches to his back before he falls over. I always just guessed you didnt see the head shot.

I do agree with you, however, that it would have been awesome if Bub and Doc Logan took care of Rhodes and walked the caverns of the bunker together until they rotted away...that would have been a great addition!

Andy
18-Mar-2006, 09:47 PM
I do agree with you, however, that it would have been awesome if Bub and Doc Logan took care of Rhodes and walked the caverns of the bunker together until they rotted away...that would have been a great addition!

or if bub pursues rhodes through the corridors of the bunker, shooting him.. rhodes drops his weapon and gets heavilly injured.. he reaches the door at the end of the passage... opens it... and there stands dr logan.. who grabs him and rips him to peices.

bub and logan then feast on rhodes together.... the could even start biting opisite ends of a intestine and their lips meet in the middle :p

now that would be a ending :D

Craig
18-Mar-2006, 10:12 PM
or if bub pursues rhodes through the corridors of the bunker, shooting him.. rhodes drops his weapon and gets heavilly injured.. he reaches the door at the end of the passage... opens it... and there stands dr logan.. who grabs him and rips him to peices.

bub and logan then feast on rhodes together.... the could even start biting opisite ends of a intestine and their lips meet in the middle :p

now that would be a ending :D
Uh-oh, I sense some fan fiction coming on. :D

Heh heh, funny movie.

BlueRoseRomeo
20-Mar-2006, 02:14 AM
I am passing on a thankyou from the co-maker for your comments.

general tbag
24-Aug-2006, 11:50 PM
old skool bump