PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever have a chatroom again?

deadpunk
10-Nov-2010, 05:24 PM
I miss it.

darth los
10-Nov-2010, 06:18 PM
I remember it being really lively back when the new forums started up in 06'.

I couldn't even tell you why it died down but we really should have the ability to chat on site with one another.

:cool:

JDFP
10-Nov-2010, 06:20 PM
I miss it.

I concur.

j.p.

Andy
10-Nov-2010, 06:29 PM
Its a coincidence you should bring this up tonight, the old chat room is not compatible with this version of vBulletin but i am looking at other chat solutions. The most realistic looking option at the moment is a integrated IRC room though.

deadpunk
10-Nov-2010, 06:37 PM
Its a coincidence you should bring this up tonight, the old chat room is not compatible with this version of vBulletin but i am looking at other chat solutions. The most realistic looking option at the moment is a integrated IRC room though.

I won't say I was a huge fan of the old room anyway. It had a tendency to be possessed and spend nights kicking folk out more than allowing them to chat. Appreciate your efforts, Andy. Hope you find something that fits the site's needs soon, but I'm glad you aren't settling for just anything.

MoonSylver
10-Nov-2010, 07:53 PM
I won't say I was a huge fan of the old room anyway. It had a tendency to be possessed and spend nights kicking folk out more than allowing them to chat.

*SHHHH!!!* Not so loud! Andy's avatar will HEAR you!

http://www.fusedfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/the-exorcist.jpg

D'OH! Too late! :lol:

Seriously, I remember those days...fondly...? It would be nice to have back, Some nights the shoutbox is turing into a chatroom anymore. :lol: So my thanks to Andy too. :)

MoonSylver
30-Apr-2011, 05:52 AM
I just found this link to the old chatroom tonight: CHATROOM (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/chat/flashchat.php#). It was working ok. After reading this thread I'm assuming the issue is intergrating it w/ the current forum software?

Philly_SWAT
30-Apr-2011, 07:32 AM
I just found this link to the old chatroom tonight: CHATROOM (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/chat/flashchat.php#). It was working ok. After reading this thread I'm assuming the issue is intergrating it w/ the current forum software?
I just logged into that room and it seemed to be working normally.

ProfessorChaos
30-Apr-2011, 07:36 AM
worked for me earlier, too. we need to address this, as there's been a few handfuls of times the lack of a chatroom has been mentioned in the shoutbox...

krakenslayer
30-Apr-2011, 12:30 PM
It doesn't really take you to the HPotD chatroom. It takes you to a sort of limbo-chat with the title/subject line "NONE".

Andy
30-Apr-2011, 02:06 PM
I was trying to get it working a while ago but gave up on it, its partially integrated, like it can pull member details if you log in but it cant remember you and it dosnt recognise or save any settings (including the HPotD room and layout).

Exatreides
23-Jun-2011, 04:32 AM
Any word on this these days? I misses it too.