PDA

View Full Version : Episode 3 "The Whore"

DEAD BEAT
15-Nov-2010, 04:58 PM
I must say the series is going strong as far as i'm concern, left with 1 question though: should have been called something else! lol

Anybody else realize that the sheriff's wife is a little loose? lol

So far i've seen her get corn holed by two different guys in 2 different episodes.:cool:

For a women in distress during a tragic run of events.....she sure is gettin a lot of nookie!;)

darth los
15-Nov-2010, 05:08 PM
Stated as only DB can folks!

But yeah, she's losing big points with me with every succesive episode.

:cool:

bassman
15-Nov-2010, 05:08 PM
Spoilers ahoy!

In the comics she's not as "easy", shall we say. She has sex with Shane ONCE on the way to Atlanta and she considers it a bit of a mistake because she was emotionally distraught.

As for the TV series....she seemed a bit easy between the first two episodes, but now that we know Shane lied to her, it's a bit different. Shane told her that Rick was dead. I'm not saying I 100% agree with it, but Lori then attached herself to Shane as the "man" of the family so that he could take care of her and Carl.

She doesn't seem so bad now that the truth has come out. It wasn't really her fault. She was trying to move on. It's Shane that is the T-total douchebag.

Mitchified
15-Nov-2010, 05:12 PM
Lori is just doing what it takes to keep up morale at the camp. Had a hard day trying to stay alive in the zombie apocalypse? Go see Lori, she'll fix you right up.

MoonSylver
15-Nov-2010, 05:13 PM
Spoilers ahoy!

In the comics she's not as "easy", shall we say. She has sex with Shane ONCE on the way to Atlanta and she considers it a bit of a mistake because she was emotionally distraught.

As for the TV series....she seemed a bit easy between the first two episodes, but now that we know Shane lied to her, it's a bit different. Shane told her that Rick was dead. I'm not saying I 100% agree with it, but Lori then attached herself to Shane as the "man" of the family so that he could take care of her and Carl.

She doesn't seem so bad now that the truth has come out. It wasn't really her fault. She was trying to move on. It's Shane that is the T-total douchebag.

This. :thumbsup:

Mr. Clean
15-Nov-2010, 05:32 PM
So far i've seen her get corn holed by two different guys in 2 different episodes.

I thought it was the same guy?

darth los
15-Nov-2010, 05:37 PM
Still man, your wife sleeping with another man is something that's gonna fuck with you always no matter what pretense it was under.

That's a mental image tha's gonna be running on a loop for like, ever.

DEAD BEAT
15-Nov-2010, 07:35 PM
I thought it was the same guy?

Shane corn holed her in episode 2, then in episode three her husband returns and he has a go @ it that night! ;)

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

[QUOTE=darth los;252979]Still man, your wife sleeping with another man is something that's gonna fuck with you always no matter what pretense it was under.

That's a mental image tha's gonna be running on a loop for like, ever.

"plus i don't think she was grieving to hard, trying to get a quickie every chance she had in episode 2....doesn't sound like a wife missing her husband!"

And in closing im sure i wasn't the only one to see her reaction when her husband turned up....almost like owe...you alive? while thinking bout her fun romps with Shane were over like a wet dream! ;)

Mr. Clean
15-Nov-2010, 07:40 PM
oohhh, Ok I see what you mean. I thought you were talking about 2 guys beside the husband.

The wife and I was watching this and when the husband makes his entrance, She asked if I thought she should tell him or not. I think not because the dead are walking around and she assumed he was dead but the time frame is pretty short to already have moved passed grieving over him so that's pretty shitty on her end. If I was the husband, I wouldn't want to know.

DEAD BEAT
15-Nov-2010, 07:54 PM
oohhh, Ok I see what you mean. I thought you were talking about 2 guys beside the husband.

The wife and I was watching this and when the husband makes his entrance, She asked if I thought she should tell him or not. I think not because the dead are walking around and she assumed he was dead but the time frame is pretty short to already have moved passed grieving over him so that's pretty shitty on her end. If I was the husband, I wouldn't want to know.

lol yup i hear ya....had a buddy go through a divorce like that, he insisted on her telling him the details!

I was like dude, "why the hell would you want to hear or know that!

general tbag
15-Nov-2010, 08:37 PM
Shane corn holed her in episode 2, then in episode three her husband returns and he has a go @ it that night! ;)[COLOR="Silver"]

Makes you wonder in episode 4 if it turns into a monage a trois?

Anyways even in a zombie outbreak they do need a joy division and LORI is it!

darth los
15-Nov-2010, 08:39 PM
"plus i don't think she was grieving to hard, trying to get a quickie every chance she had in episode 2....doesn't sound like a wife missing her husband!"

And in closing im sure i wasn't the only one to see her reaction when her husband turned up....almost like owe...you alive? while thinking bout her fun romps with Shane were over like a wet dream! ;)

It's the double standard that bothers me. Me and deej have been over this before on how the man is supposed to "give up the floating door" to the woman if the titanic ever goes down. :rolleyes:

It's disgusting how this guy is literally risking life and limb in the face of unspeakable horrors just on the off chance that his wife and kid might be alive yet at the same time she's not looking for him with nearly the same sense of desperation, if she ever did at all.

And I don't care what shane told her. The father and son from the first episode tried to talk some sense into rick, how there was very little chance his family was alive. Rick didn't want to hear it. The man's loves his family and wanted to find out for himself.

Now look at lori. All it took was some guy to hit her with some bullshit and she's like "Really? Let's fuck."

Bad show lady. :fin:

Makes you wonder in episode 4 if it turns into a monage a trois?

Anyways even in a zombie outbreak they do need a jpy division and LORI is it!

Holy shit t bag!

talk about returning from the dead man!

How you been? Hope all is well.

clanglee
15-Nov-2010, 09:16 PM
Spoilers ahoy!

Double Plus this!!!

Eyebiter
15-Nov-2010, 09:42 PM
Anyone notice Rick's face when he saw that old pair of mens tennis shoes inside the tent?

He already knows...

bassman
15-Nov-2010, 09:53 PM
Anyone notice Rick's face when he saw that old pair of mens tennis shoes inside the tent?

He already knows...

Those were set out for Rick. Along with the clothes. The face was because they were worn out sneakers with no laces.

DEAD BEAT
15-Nov-2010, 11:08 PM
It's the double standard that bothers me. Me and deej have been over this before on how the man is supposed to "give up the floating door" to the woman if the titanic ever goes down. :rolleyes:

It's disgusting how this guy is literally risking life and limb in the face of unspeakable horrors just on the off chance that his wife and kid might be alive yet at the same time she's not looking for him with nearly the same sense of desperation, if she ever did at all.

And I don't care what shane told her. The father and son from the first episode tried to talk some sense into rick, how there was very little chance his family was alive. Rick didn't want to hear it. The man's loves his family and wanted to find out for himself.

Now look at lori. All it took was some guy to hit her with some bullshit and she's like "Really? Let's fuck."

Bad show lady. :fin:

Holy shit t bag!

talk about returning from the dead man!

How you been? Hope all is well.

here here Mr. Darth! you get it keep in mind the time that rick was out & the time the outbreak took place, i think there was some funny business goin on before the zombies took over.

Like you said he was risking life and limb and meanwhile if you recall the opening for episode 2 shane says how much time do we have and that slut in a care free way says "enough!"

He starts off trying to be suave, then quickly flips her over and rips her a new one! ;) lol

Trencher
16-Nov-2010, 02:16 AM
The kid comes first, Lori should not risk her life looking for Rick. She must protect Carl first. Rick would not leave Carl alone to look for Lori.

MoonSylver
16-Nov-2010, 04:39 AM
The kid comes first, Lori should not risk her life looking for Rick. She must protect Carl first. Rick would not leave Carl alone to look for Lori.

Mmm. Good point. Plus, she had no reason to go LOOKING for Rick, she had every reason to believe he was DEAD, because she'd been told so, by his partner AND BEST FRIEND. Why would she doubt him?

Like I've said, I think it makes it harder for the audience to believe her or uncertain as to what was going on because of the way the two of them were portrayed together (ie like giggly teanagers). Plus they played up the "relationship issues" in the pilot. All of this I believe was done for dramatic purposes. This way, you don't know who to trust, what their motivation was etc. Heck, even after Rick came back I got the vibe off of Lori that she didn't know which way to go, if she really wanted Rick (or if he really wanted her), UNTIL he took the ring back. The sudden shift in attitude was like someone making a decision, or coming to a realization.

Wyldwraith
16-Nov-2010, 06:12 AM
THAT is what bothers me,
Do-NOT-GIVE-A-FUCK about this "He's dead, she needed to move on, it's the apocalypse after all." excuse. Even if Rick WAS dead, yes she needed Shane to protect her and Carl. Which, as this famed best friend of her husband he was supposed to be, he shoulda done anyways. INSTEAD, Shane gives up on Rick (or didn't even try), and moved in for Ready-Made-Family Time.

This does NOT let Lori off the hook. At ALL! Fact is, its been a MONTH. A MONTH. Stop and process that. Lori is a reasonably young woman. I SERIOUSLY doubt she's been seriously emotionally committed to any man beyond her marriage to Rick in her life. This is the FATHER OF HER CHILD. Then he's just suddenly....gone.

Lori's reaction upon receiving the news?

"Ok Shane, meet ya in the woods." Yes, I know they're portraying there being more to it than that, but the giggling horny teenager scene absolutely NEGATES the possibility she was still "Grieving but hiding it". Shane didn't like seeing the locket with the picture of Rick/Lori/Carl OR her "dead husband's" wedding ring on the chain around her neck (Which btw, my grandmother is still wearing my grandfather's 11 years after SEEING HIM die of cancer and having time to say her goodbyes.) How does Lori react? Does she try to explain it, or just look back at him squarely until he averts his eyes from the necklace? No, she takes it off and puts it on the DIRT next to her while she gets fucked doggy-style.

No, nothing past that. It would take God Almighty to convince me there was any significant mourning going on there. Lori was thinking of how seeing the locket and Rick's ring affected SHANE. NOT how she felt ABOUT Shane even IMPLYING it was a surprise to see it, much less the problem his eyes and expression indicated he saw it as. Right then, right there, with Lori underneath him, it STILL WASN'T ENOUGH FOR SHANE. He INSISTED with his gaze that she be uncomfortable if not ashamed of the representation of her life with and marriage to Rick.

In possession of the woman, Shane STILL resented Rick's MEMORY.

Fuck, with a "best friend" like that, who needs a mortal enemy?

I know people say shit on the Internet, but I hope if all of you ever believe anything I say you'll believe this. Forget my other angry rambling. If I was in Rick's place, and found out the circumstances and details of what transpired and how it transpired between Lori and Shane, I'd simply walk over and shoot him without a word.

Done. Over. Now, I know I talked a big game about Lori, but given my history...after I buried Shane I probably would end up forgiving and taking Lori back...eventually. Like a month or two later. And I'd make her really, REALLY hear EVERYTHING I was going through to fight my way back to her and Carl while she was betraying my memory. Then, and only then, could I be at peace with it enough to move on. In my heart I know I'd end up forgiving her BEFORE that, but I'd still make her hear it.

Why? Because it's IMPORTANT she know that when the hardest push imaginable came to the worst shove, I refused to give up on her. It wouldn't be a "Look, I love you more/better than you love me" spiteful or self-righteous kind of thing. It would be a quiet, hurt thing, that I'd need my wife to understand, and maybe hopefully realize how precious what she has really is. And that maybe having some faith even when logic dictates otherwise might not be such a bad thing when you're talking about the love of your life.

/Sermonizing over.

Edit: BTW, please no "You really don't know how hard killing is" kind of statement. I've had an attempted gang-rapist try to beat me to death and finish fucking up my back for life, AFTER I'd literally taken out the right eye of one man, busted the ear drums and knee of another, and busted up in a more general sense the third before the ringleader got me. (No, I'm not some action-hero badass. They were obviously high, focused on the girl they were trying to rape who was fighting them, and I had surprise and a couple years of martial arts training from my former best friend who couched my "education" in "this is the stuff that works on the street.")

I've ALSO had a snub-nose revolver pressed to my forehead and had the trigger slowly pulled, before coming down on an empty chamber as I pissed myself, literally. I know the ugly shit, least my share of it. Enough that if I say I EMPHATICALLY declare I'd kill a man, I would.

It'd be wrong. I'd be a murderer, and it would no doubt fuck with me having done it, but no, it wouldn't stop me. Enough of my fucked up biological father in me for that. Love is the most Serious Business, so conversely is real Hate.

MoonSylver
16-Nov-2010, 06:36 AM
I guess the point I was trying to make was I think they handled it a little more deftly in the comics, more believably, with more sorrow & regret. But, y'know, whatever...:confused: :stunned:

general tbag
16-Nov-2010, 07:11 AM
Maybe it a angle that affects the story differently than the comic.

I do agree the comic had far more genuine regret from lori.

However

Rick was lucky to live, the hospital sequence showed that a attempt to contain it failed and all are lost and presumed dead.Being the small town it is, wouldnt of taken long to figure out the hospital was lost.

Now make a choice, do you go check your buddy with a hospital overrun with zombies? Or do you assume he dead and try to take care of his family?

With some of the story arcs of the comic,it apparent some people would rather cuddle up with someone than to be alone.

I know myself if i watched the world unfold the walking dead style, i know i find some comfort in snuggling next to a free willy sized woman!

As rick even said in the tv series"things have changed" one is also the social interaction of people.

Say for example rick didnt make it? Shane would of been a saint for most guys with a family.

Ghoulman
16-Nov-2010, 09:59 AM
Now make a choice, do you go check your buddy with a hospital overrun with zombies? Or do you assume he dead and try to take care of his family?
Realistically, I save my own ass and only consider a friend’s wife and son only if I have an ulterior motive.

bassman
16-Nov-2010, 12:09 PM
Dear lord. Some of you are taking this way too seriously.:duh::lol:

Thorn
16-Nov-2010, 12:45 PM
Spoilers ahoy!

This.

In the comics she definitely regretted her actions, it was one night Shane was protecting her and her son. She was horribly conflicted over having slept with him and it was one time. She viewed it as a thank you and she had little more to offer which is sad not offensive in my mind.

In the show, you see her sleep with a guy who is the same figure to her and then her husband comes back into the picture. Did you want her to tell Rick she had a headache? Come on now.

While I personally do not feel that finding comfort in the arms of your husbands partner is a great choice, I do not hate her for it or even view her in a bad light. Her husband is "dead" as far as she knows, the world is collapsing. One man is protecting you and your son, and you are a woman with in your mind little self worth. What do you do? If the world is ending a LOT of us are going to get it on with whoever or WHATEVER is around us and you damn well know it.

The villain here is Shane. Period.

DEAD BEAT
16-Nov-2010, 03:37 PM
boy did i ever open a can of worms with this thread! lol

All these points are fine but come on...if she was on the up & up she wouldn't be giggling with shane and getting quickies in the woods, which by the way don't think id be gettin' naked in the middle of the woods knowing a geek can run up on me and take off my head before i blow a load! lmao

Second we all saw her reaction when rick showed up almost like...awww your alive your spoiling my good times!

Even hesitated giving the poor bastard his ring back like......you don't really want this back do you? lol

In short Lori's a whore...im thinking we can expect more from this human pretzel judging by how shane still looks at her is not gonna give up his boody!

He'd probably pop a cap in rick before that happens! ;)

BillyRay
16-Nov-2010, 03:45 PM
The world has effectively ended.

The Living Dead are everywhere.

Every day is a struggle for supplies, food, defense.

Folks probably smell a bit whiffy, too.

Is it really Sexy Time?

Methinks the Shane/Lori pairing-off is a reaction to all that.

Trying to feel something, ANYTHING, besides fear and despair...

bassman
16-Nov-2010, 03:47 PM
So I guess you guys also think Dale is a whore?

Just saying. :sneaky:

darth los
16-Nov-2010, 03:58 PM

Ah, the classic women's excuse for low downess. All put the kids in the middle.

The difference is a man would have found a way to both keep his child safe and look for his mother.

DEAD BEAT
16-Nov-2010, 04:11 PM

The difference is a man would have found a way to both keep his child safe and look for his mother.

I'd buy that for a dollar! lol

ProfessorChaos
16-Nov-2010, 04:22 PM
jesus christ, i can't wait till the show resolves this issue and moves along in the plot so we can discuss something else...

some of these comments/reactions are ab-fucking-surd.

bassman
16-Nov-2010, 04:25 PM

And how is this any different from any other day here at HPotD? :lol:

darth los
16-Nov-2010, 04:32 PM
And how is this any different from any other day here at HPotD? :lol:

Anything less would be uncivilized. :D

Trencher
16-Nov-2010, 04:38 PM
THAT is what bothers me,
Do-NOT-GIVE-A-FUCK about this "He's dead, she needed to move on, it's the apocalypse after all." excuse. Even if Rick WAS dead, yes she needed Shane to protect her and Carl. Which, as this famed best friend of her husband he was supposed to be, he shoulda done anyways. INSTEAD, Shane gives up on Rick (or didn't even try), and moved in for Ready-Made-Family Time.

The body language and way she treats Shane while Rick is presumed dead is way more slutty in the TV series than in the comic. She REALLY enjoys Shanes attentions in the TV series. But sluts need love too and in the TV series there is hints of a failing marriage before the outbreak. And lets not forget that as soon she see Rick is alive she chooses Rick. Shane was her replacement, she went about it in a less than refined way but she was still faithful after a fashion... LoL
My main point is that she really wants to be with Rick. So then Rick and we as audience just have to deal with the way she is. My theory has been all along that Shane manipulated the situation somehow so that Rick got left behind. I defintly agree that Shane is the one who have betrayed Rick.

:cool: Men and women are different and have different roles. In such a horrible situation the women would be the children second line of defense and the men the first. Society has regressed and become much more primitive. I think the TV series does a good thing of showing that. AND showing that its a bad thing. If you think that women need an excuse to stay at home with the kids and wash clothes and stuff then I suggest you watch Buffy the vampire slayer :bored: instead of the walking dead.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

I like this discussion and don't see anything wrong with talking about these issues.

ProfessorChaos
16-Nov-2010, 04:49 PM
I like this discussion and don't see anything wrong with talking about these issues.

well, as long as we're keeping it within a somewhat tame and polite context. labelling lori as a whore and going into detail about murdering her and shane are crossing the line a bit, if you ask me.

Thorn
16-Nov-2010, 04:49 PM
jesus christ, i can't wait till the show resolves this issue and moves along in the plot so we can discuss something else...

And disturbing.

BillyRay
16-Nov-2010, 05:18 PM
well, as long as we're keeping it within a somewhat tame and polite context. labelling lori as a whore and going into detail about murdering her and shane are crossing the line a bit, if you ask me.

So it's not just me...

darth los
16-Nov-2010, 05:20 PM
Men and women are different and have different roles. In such a horrible situation the women would be the children second line of defense and the men the first. Society has regressed and become much more primitive. I think the TV series does a good thing of showing that. AND showing that its a bad thing. If you think that women need an excuse to stay at home with the kids and wash clothes and stuff then I suggest you watch Buffy the vampire slayer :bored: instead of the walking dead.[COLOR="Silver"]

Male chauvinist pig.

Oh, and if i need suggestions on what to read or watch I'll watch oprah, thank you much.

ProfessorChaos
16-Nov-2010, 05:25 PM
So it's not just me...

no, even as profane, cynical, and bitter as this fomer Marine with a tour during the worst months of the iraq war can be, the comments coming from some and the hostility displayed in this thread really seems uncalled for....like bass said, they're characters in a comic book, not every single woman/man who's ever wronged you rolled into one super-terrible person.

AcesandEights
16-Nov-2010, 05:29 PM
Wish I could find that thread about why we don't have more female posters, as I've finally found the perfect answer for the question.

bassman
16-Nov-2010, 05:31 PM
Uh oh. I think I can see where this one is going.

In before the lock!

http://www.top50.nu/img/upload/291mahf.gif

AcesandEights
16-Nov-2010, 05:33 PM
Uh oh. I think I can see where this one is going.

In before the lock!

I'm hopeful we can have a calm conversation about all this.

Classic.

darth los
16-Nov-2010, 05:34 PM
Wish I could find that thread about why we don't have more female posters, as I've finally found the perfect answer for the question.

Yeah, women hate it when they're called on certain things.

So i see your point.

No, i get the last post bass. :p

Muahahahahahahaha! :evil:

BillyRay
16-Nov-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah, women hate it when they're called on certain things.

They also hate it when they get called certain things, too...

Derogatory language is easy, brother.

Just sayin'.

darth los
16-Nov-2010, 05:46 PM

Classic.

Well, aces, as we have said many other times everyone has a right to their OPINION and that said opinion is just that and is neither right or wrong.

So when I state mine and get responses telling me were to go and what i should be watching instead yeah I'm going to take exception to it.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

They also hate it when they get called certain things, too...

Derogatory language is easy, brother.

Just sayin'.

That i agree with.

Go back and check I haven't called anyone anything.

That's why we have separate posts.

Whatever terms others choose to use is on them.

Some might find it more offensive that people thenk men and women should and do have different roles.

I'm just sayin'.

Now that's:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5f4dwu5pTeY/SM6QB2QXkGI/AAAAAAAAAvM/dnwWHAGb134/s400/kim_fields_one_to_grow_on.png

BillyRay
16-Nov-2010, 05:50 PM
I didn't mean to single you out on that one, 'Los.

Here's a picture of some kittys.

Neil
16-Nov-2010, 05:53 PM

Classic.
What on earth is that clip from?

AcesandEights
16-Nov-2010, 06:00 PM
What on earth is that clip from?

I don't know, actually...but it's spellbinding :D Some of Bollywood's finest, perhaps?

Bass, do you recall?

darth los
16-Nov-2010, 06:15 PM
I didn't mean to single you out on that one, 'Los.

Here's a picture of some kittys.

LOL

That's funny. I feel better now for some reason...

Again, we all have co-existed here for sometime now. Except for a couple of people i consider you all freinds.

Can I be an asshole sometimes. Yup. But i speak my mind, what else can I say. Sometimes it's not pretty but never personal.

bassman
16-Nov-2010, 06:24 PM
No idea Aces. It's funny, though. Reminds me of Benny Lava, if you remember that gem.

bi40oynuw10?fs=1&hl=en_US

Wyldwraith
16-Nov-2010, 06:29 PM
No I'm the one singled out,
To be fair, some of my initial comments WERE VERY colored by my past history regarding betrayal and issues with deceit and pain inflicted by the "fair sex" in general. My last couple posts have been me simply drawing on knowing how *I* felt in, bad as it was, a far far less extreme situation than the one depicted in TWD. I've tried to put myself in Rick's place, knowing how these kinds of feelings, up to and including feeling terror because I couldn't get to the then-pregnant shoulda-been-mother-of-my-child, as she was in the hospital bleeding badly due to a very, VERY bad miscarriage complication that tore a blood vessel adjacent to her uterus.

In that regard, I've imagined how I'd feel, prioritizing Loyalty the way I do, at hearing about everything that happened while Rick was gone. Then, after significant introspection, I declared how I'd react. The comments about torture and extreme B.S were just that, worth about as much as bullshit and little more than me "venting my spleen".

The comment about walking over and shooting Shane in the head without a word if I were Rick and Lori finally confessed the details to me, but only after this tentative asking me basically if I still even wanted to be her spouse, and after I've returned from yet another life-or-death venture into Atlanta, was simply the brutal truth.

If we're being honest, more of the men here (and women), than would be comfortable admitting it would be quite capable of murdering someone they walked in on fucking their long-term girlfriend/boyfriend or spouse. Let alone that someone being their best friend, who manipulated your spouse into joining in that betrayal of you, in an attempt to essentially steal your place in your family and even make your spouse feel awkward/ashamed of your memory and holding onto a tangible reminder of it.

Are you all REALLY going to sit there and say that under such conditions murder wouldn't become a viable and understandable (not right, but understandable) option? If so, I invite you to delve a bit more deeply into your darker side.

Scratch off the THIN veneer of "civility" and we're all still savages, in actuality very little removed in our essential nature from ancestors who found seizing and keeping captive any woman who struck their fancy until she simply surrendered/gave in and complied with their advances. Who killed over trifles at the drop of a hat. Matters like who got the biggest/best portion of meat when the result of the hunt was cooked easily resulted in killing.

No other creature on Earth has changed its fundamental nature in an eyeblink-like 25-30,000 years. Why would anyone believe Man to be so profoundly different? Intelligence? Killer whales are intelligent, and they make a regular game of grabbing seal pups from the shallows, crippling them, and throwing them high in the air, to be retrieved by another member of the pod and thrown again, until life finally flees the pup's battered body and they THEN lose interest in the game and one of them eats it.

So, my comments, while absolutely admittedly extreme, are not so wildly far-fetched as some might wish was the case.

Thorn
16-Nov-2010, 06:35 PM
It is just crazy to me, as some here know my wife was having an affair before she split leaving me with a massive and crushing debt. The story is like a Greek tragedy if you hear all the details but I will spare you that.

It does not make me hate all women nor does it taint my view of characters in a show/movie/book. It is life. I am better off without her, I moved on. That is the only healthy way of dealing with it.

I think we should take a step back here and just discuss the subject matter without letting all of the emotional baggage get in the way, and I am certainly not a fan of labeling women and shoe horning them into some "accepted role".

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

No I'm the one singled out,
To be fair, some of my initial comments WERE VERY colored by my past history regarding betrayal and issues with deceit and pain inflicted by the "fair sex" in general. My last couple posts have been me simply drawing on knowing how *I* felt in, bad as it was, a far far less extreme situation than the one depicted in TWD. I've tried to put myself in Rick's place, knowing how these kinds of feelings, up to and including feeling terror because I couldn't get to the then-pregnant shoulda-been-mother-of-my-child, as she was in the hospital bleeding badly due to a very, VERY bad miscarriage complication that tore a blood vessel adjacent to her uterus.

In that regard, I've imagined how I'd feel, prioritizing Loyalty the way I do, at hearing about everything that happened while Rick was gone. Then, after significant introspection, I declared how I'd react. The comments about torture and extreme B.S were just that, worth about as much as bullshit and little more than me "venting my spleen".

The comment about walking over and shooting Shane in the head without a word if I were Rick and Lori finally confessed the details to me, but only after this tentative asking me basically if I still even wanted to be her spouse, and after I've returned from yet another life-or-death venture into Atlanta, was simply the brutal truth.

If we're being honest, more of the men here (and women), than would be comfortable admitting it would be quite capable of murdering someone they walked in on fucking their long-term girlfriend/boyfriend or spouse. Let alone that someone being their best friend, who manipulated your spouse into joining in that betrayal of you, in an attempt to essentially steal your place in your family and even make your spouse feel awkward/ashamed of your memory and holding onto a tangible reminder of it.

Are you all REALLY going to sit there and say that under such conditions murder wouldn't become a viable and understandable (not right, but understandable) option? If so, I invite you to delve a bit more deeply into your darker side.

Scratch off the THIN veneer of "civility" and we're all still savages, in actuality very little removed in our essential nature from ancestors who found seizing and keeping captive any woman who struck their fancy until she simply surrendered/gave in and complied with their advances. Who killed over trifles at the drop of a hat. Matters like who got the biggest/best portion of meat when the result of the hunt was cooked easily resulted in killing.

No other creature on Earth has changed its fundamental nature in an eyeblink-like 25-30,000 years. Why would anyone believe Man to be so profoundly different? Intelligence? Killer whales are intelligent, and they make a regular game of grabbing seal pups from the shallows, crippling them, and throwing them high in the air, to be retrieved by another member of the pod and thrown again, until life finally flees the pup's battered body and they THEN lose interest in the game and one of them eats it.

So, my comments, while absolutely admittedly extreme, are not so wildly far-fetched as some might wish was the case.

I can only speak for myself, that would not be my reaction at all. I would be mad, I would scream, and I would yell. But I would not murder anyone. At that point she would be his problem. The guy doesn't owe you anything in reality, they have not promised you anything your spouse has. Should they respect the sanctity of your marriage sure.. .but come on now. Who owes you more?

Killing them is an extreme reaction and one that is really not all that healthy to jump to.

darth los
16-Nov-2010, 06:39 PM
I don't know, actually...but it's spellbinding :D Some of Bollywood's finest, perhaps?

Bass, do you recall?

Here's another one of Bollywood's finest aces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx-NLPH8JeM

general tbag
16-Nov-2010, 07:33 PM
Well lori maybe skanky but what about Michonne?

Michonne is a strong woman without the luggage !

DEAD BEAT
16-Nov-2010, 07:50 PM
LOL

That's funny. I feel better now for some reason...

Again, we all have co-existed here for sometime now. Except for a couple of people i consider you all freinds.

Can I be an asshole sometimes. Yup. But i speak my mind, what else can I say. Sometimes it's not pretty but never personal.

I could always count on you Darth!

I've probably been black balled many times on this site, but its the nature of the beast!

When people from all walks of life come together...your gonna have different opions on things. So in the end the people who believe things like this forum needs order....it isn't the free speakers who are the crazy ones!

Like George Lopez says "you don't like it, don't look at it!! ;)

bassman
16-Nov-2010, 07:59 PM
Like George Lopez says "you don't like it, don't look at it!! ;)

:barf:

You mean to tell me you like that guy? I've seen decapitated bodies that are funnier than him....

MoonSylver
16-Nov-2010, 08:00 PM
I've probably been black balled many times on this site, but its the nature of the beast!

You've been WHAT-balled?!? :stunned:

Is that BETTER or WORSE than being BLUE balled? :lol:

Wyldwraith
16-Nov-2010, 09:31 PM
In a way you're right Thorn,
It doesn't make for entertaining reading, even if some would consider my outlook understandable (and not like that one bit), and this isn't my private unpaid group therapy session. Conceding that fact, I will TRY to control my bias when some form of content we discuss hits my buttons.

Just to be clear though. I'm the sort that for some reason ends up putting the bulk of the blame on the man fucking with my woman. Sure, I'd rage out on her, but for some sick reason loving her somehow keeps me from hitting, killing, or even saying those Way TOO Far Hurtful Things. The guy I kill, my girl I yell at and go off to brood for a good while.

Now that IS Sexist, and I apologize for that, but its not in the way that I somehow consider her less capable of accepting responsibility, or less anything compared to a guy. It's simply my positive feelings for someone I'm with serving as a shield to deflect the worst of my rage so I don't hit, don't say things I can't take back, and certainly don't kill.

It might be useful to keep in mind that I once locked a budding psychopath of a habitual hyper-violent high school bully in a metal dumpster, on a May afternoon, in direct sunlight, in Florida, WITH A YELLOWJACKET NEST I willingly accepted a couple dozen stings from to toss it in with him before I locked him in. This was after I'd stun-gunned him, had some of his victims help me load him into the dumpster etc. Then I put the key to the padlock on top of the dumpster, and went home.

An anonymous tip informed the appropriate authorities to go collect him two hours later. Wasn't my intent to kill him. Just scar him for life and destroy his capacity for self-confidence. If you jump at your own shadow, you can't form the requisite aggression to hurt people for fun. I did NOT enjoy that, but I DID find it satisfying in the way one might find a long, laborious, pain-in-the-ass project's completion satisfying.

So it's a given I'm damaged goods. I do good, I do evil, but I have no sense of proportion.

DEAD BEAT
16-Nov-2010, 10:10 PM
You've been WHAT-balled?!? :stunned:

Is that BETTER or WORSE than being BLUE balled? :lol:

lol trust me...i'd rather be black balled than blue balls anyday of the freakin' week! ;)

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

:barf:

You mean to tell me you like that guy? I've seen decapitated bodies that are funnier than him....

No...but the line fits for what was being said! ;)

Gryphon
16-Nov-2010, 10:11 PM
In a way you're right Thorn,
It doesn't make for entertaining reading, even if some would consider my outlook understandable (and not like that one bit), and this isn't my private unpaid group therapy session. Conceding that fact, I will TRY to control my bias when some form of content we discuss hits my buttons.

Just to be clear though. I'm the sort that for some reason ends up putting the bulk of the blame on the man fucking with my woman. Sure, I'd rage out on her, but for some sick reason loving her somehow keeps me from hitting, killing, or even saying those Way TOO Far Hurtful Things. The guy I kill, my girl I yell at and go off to brood for a good while.

Now that IS Sexist, and I apologize for that, but its not in the way that I somehow consider her less capable of accepting responsibility, or less anything compared to a guy. It's simply my positive feelings for someone I'm with serving as a shield to deflect the worst of my rage so I don't hit, don't say things I can't take back, and certainly don't kill.

It might be useful to keep in mind that I once locked a budding psychopath of a habitual hyper-violent high school bully in a metal dumpster, on a May afternoon, in direct sunlight, in Florida, WITH A YELLOWJACKET NEST I willingly accepted a couple dozen stings from to toss it in with him before I locked him in. This was after I'd stun-gunned him, had some of his victims help me load him into the dumpster etc. Then I put the key to the padlock on top of the dumpster, and went home.

An anonymous tip informed the appropriate authorities to go collect him two hours later. Wasn't my intent to kill him. Just scar him for life and destroy his capacity for self-confidence. If you jump at your own shadow, you can't form the requisite aggression to hurt people for fun. I did NOT enjoy that, but I DID find it satisfying in the way one might find a long, laborious, pain-in-the-ass project's completion satisfying.

So it's a given I'm damaged goods. I do good, I do evil, but I have no sense of proportion.

So you're sort of like the guy in "Zombie Honeymoon" - who ate everyone around himself, but always spared his loving wife, who continued to love him even though his face was rotting off and he was covered in other people's blood. Cool movie ;)

But yeah, I get your posts, and I understand them, a lot. I've faught my share of battles myself, and I can feel where you're coming from. Though, if I were Rick, I'd likely not kill Shane, but may turn my back on him, and leave him at the hands of the Walkers while getting everyone else to safety.

But we're not Rick. Rick's the sort of fool who goes to rescue mindless redneck KKK-wannabees, so he'll probably give Shane a big ol' kiss and forgive him.:duh:

bassman
16-Nov-2010, 10:27 PM
Rick's the sort of fool who goes to rescue mindless redneck KKK-wannabees, so he'll probably give Shane a big ol' kiss and forgive him.:duh:

Rick's not going back for Merle. He's going back for the Jones' and the guns. Merle is just a side mission because he's going into the city anyway.

DEAD BEAT
16-Nov-2010, 10:35 PM
Rick's not going back for Merle. He's going back for the Jones' and the guns. Merle is just a side mission because he's going into the city anyway.

So i guess we can say that Merle being the dumb red neck that he is sawed off his hand instead of the chain huh? (btw you'd be dead in a matter of minutes sawing your own hand off)

And his equally genius brother is thinking he got eaten even though the chain on the door wasn't broken and no pieces of Merle were left behind? "somebody help me here!" lol

Gryphon
16-Nov-2010, 10:54 PM

Yeah I know, but my (I suppose overly-sarcastic) comment was really meant to illustrate that Rick is too "good" to shoot Shane for his indescretion. He'll proabably forgive him. I tend to exxaggerate to illustrate points at times.

Trencher
17-Nov-2010, 12:33 AM
Male chauvinist pig.
Its not chauvinistic at all. It is an adaptation to a more primitive life style. Nothing stopping them from having equal rights just because they have different roles. When they have rebuilt society everybody can go back to their old jobs.

I hope your not talking about me calling Lory slutty when you said that there were used negative language in this thread. I defended Lori by saying she did not betray Rick, she is just loose.

ProfessorChaos
17-Nov-2010, 12:40 AM
So i guess we can say that Merle being the dumb red neck that he is sawed off his hand instead of the chain huh? (btw you'd be dead in a matter of minutes sawing your own hand off)

And his equally genius brother is thinking he got eaten even though the chain on the door wasn't broken and no pieces of Merle were left behind? "somebody help me here!" lol

recently read somewhere that handcuffs are made of tempered steel and seeing how he had a handful of zombies banging the fuck out of the door, he probably freaked and just sawed through his arm. AMC's shows (breaking bad, mad men) are known to do flashbacks once in a while, so maybe the writers will go back and show how it all went down.

as for his brother, i think he realizes that merle cut his hand off, just based on the presence of the hacksaw and the lack of blood, bones, and gore laying about, in addition to the likely relatively clean cut along the wrist of the hand lying there. but he's still likely shocked and very upset, think of how you'd feel if that was your brother you were going to rescue and you saw a hand laying next to a bloody hacksaw.

bassman
17-Nov-2010, 12:43 AM
Hacksaws won't cut through handcuffs and chains. Didn't you see Saw? Jeesh. :rolleyes:

:p

MoonSylver
17-Nov-2010, 01:19 AM
Hacksaws won't cut through handcuffs and chains. Didn't you see Saw? Jeesh. :rolleyes:

I didn't. But I read about it on Wikipedia. :p :nana:

ok, so I DID see it! :lol:

Ghoulman
17-Nov-2010, 09:57 AM
:p
Hahaha...."see-saw"... Weeeeee!

MoonSylver
17-Nov-2010, 10:46 AM
Hahaha...."see-saw"... Weeeeee!

Ahahaha!

http://www.rodandocine.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/robert-deniro-analyze-that-photograph-c10102490.jpeg

"Yooou! You're good! You are very good!"

:lol:

DEAD BEAT
17-Nov-2010, 04:26 PM
recently read somewhere that handcuffs are made of tempered steel and seeing how he had a handful of zombies banging the fuck out of the door, he probably freaked and just sawed through his arm. AMC's shows (breaking bad, mad men) are known to do flashbacks once in a while, so maybe the writers will go back and show how it all went down.

as for his brother, i think he realizes that merle cut his hand off, just based on the presence of the hacksaw and the lack of blood, bones, and gore laying about, in addition to the likely relatively clean cut along the wrist of the hand lying there. but he's still likely shocked and very upset, think of how you'd feel if that was your brother you were going to rescue and you saw a hand laying next to a bloody hacksaw.

ok! that makes sense! ;) But you do have a good point, fool cuts his own hand off and yet not 1 drop of blood and the wrist was cut straight and clean! lmao

ProfessorChaos
17-Nov-2010, 04:34 PM
no, DB, i'm pretty sure there were a few small puddles of blood....but not nearly as much as you'd expect. i was talking about there being a huge mess of bones, blood, and tendons and all that other stuff zombies wouldn't bother eating.

as for the clean cut, that did seem a bit phony. but maybe he did it really fast and concentrated on making it as quick and clean as possible...it's amazing what the human mind is capable of.

BillyRay
17-Nov-2010, 05:39 PM
Or perhaps that's not Merle's hand laying there.

(Don't know how he would've got out of those cuffs, tho')

DEAD BEAT
17-Nov-2010, 05:57 PM
no, DB, i'm pretty sure there were a few small puddles of blood....but not nearly as much as you'd expect. i was talking about there being a huge mess of bones, blood, and tendons and all that other stuff zombies wouldn't bother eating.

as for the clean cut, that did seem a bit phony. but maybe he did it really fast and concentrated on making it as quick and clean as possible...it's amazing what the human mind is capable of.

perhaps your right....but he sure is gonna have a difficult time spanking the monkey from now on! ;)

bassman
17-Nov-2010, 06:10 PM
I can already see the thread next week...."Episode 4: The Wetbacks" :rolleyes:

darth los
17-Nov-2010, 07:26 PM
Its not chauvinistic at all. It is an adaptation to a more primitive life style. Nothing stopping them from having equal rights just because they have different roles. When they have rebuilt society everybody can go back to their old jobs.

I hope your not talking about me calling Lory slutty when you said that there were used negative language in this thread. I defended Lori by saying she did not betray Rick, she is just loose.

No, just a tongue in cheek comment about how some women would feel about how the roles you described should be and how they are portrayed in the show.

But For the record I agree with it. One of the big factors that has enabled women to become the equals of men in today's society is pretty cut and dry imo: Technology.

They no longer need men to do the things they did for thousands of years. However, once society crumbles and most modern convieniences are unaccesable it's only natural that things revert to the way they have always been.

But ed is still a real dick.

DEAD BEAT
17-Nov-2010, 08:07 PM
I can already see the thread next week...."Episode 4: The Wetbacks" :rolleyes:

uh no no Bass....none of that! Secret to a good dirty thread is knowing where the line is my son....but don't worry "the force is strong with you!" lmao

Thorn
18-Nov-2010, 01:35 PM
ok! that makes sense! ;) But you do have a good point, fool cuts his own hand off and yet not 1 drop of blood and the wrist was cut straight and clean! lmao

He could have used his belt as a tourniquet to limit and restrict blood flow to the wrist.

bassman
18-Nov-2010, 02:03 PM
He could have used his belt as a tourniquet to limit and restrict blood flow to the wrist.

Even with a tourniquet, there is still blood all over that roof. It's dried blood. If you look there's a huge dried puddle all over where Merle was sitting.

And you never even see the cut, so I don't know where Dead Beat's getting the "straight and clean" from. :rockbrow:

Trencher
18-Nov-2010, 02:17 PM
What I want to know is where he went and where did the zombies go? Maybe the helicopter picked him up?

Thorn
18-Nov-2010, 02:31 PM
Even with a tourniquet, there is still blood all over that roof. It's dried blood. If you look there's a huge dried puddle all over where Merle was sitting.

And you never even see the cut, so I don't know where Dead Beat's getting the "straight and clean" from. :rockbrow:

I agree, I saw blood so I am not saying there wasn't or even criticizing, I am merely trying to offer an explanation to those who stated there was not enough blood or that he would have died.

Furhter that hiker who was trapped in the canyon with his arm caught between a rock wall and a boulder cut his own arm off with a pocket knife and hiked the hell out of the dessert.

That is REAL LIFE. I have no doubt it could be down in a zombie tv show with success.

What I want to know is where he went and where did the zombies go? Maybe the helicopter picked him up?

So many possibilities. Maybe he was helped by that other group of survivors from the previews for next week? Maybe the helicopter. Maybe he turned and walked off the roof. Maybe he tried climbing and died and was eaten or turned.

It will be fun to see ;)

ProfessorChaos
18-Nov-2010, 02:47 PM

i think the straight and clean bit comes from how he and i were discussing the hand and if merle's brother was under the impression that merle was devoured. i mentioned that the wouldn't have left his hand, which likely had a fairly straight cut, compared to being ripped, torn, and mangled after the rest of his body was devoured...which wouldn't make sense unless the zombies were throwing bones, tendons, and all that other shit over the edge of the roof.

i'm suspecting that he found an adjacent rooftop and skedaddled, the zombies lost interest and went back downstairs.

bassman
18-Nov-2010, 03:23 PM
i think the straight and clean bit comes from how he and i were discussing the hand and if merle's brother was under the impression that merle was devoured. i mentioned that the wouldn't have left his hand, which likely had a fairly straight cut, compared to being ripped, torn, and mangled after the rest of his body was devoured...which wouldn't make sense unless the zombies were throwing bones, tendons, and all that other shit over the edge of the roof.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. I thought that because people didn't see the blood, they were also imagining the saw wound. It's true what they say...it's worse when you fill in the blanks with your mind! :lol:

DEAD BEAT
18-Nov-2010, 03:36 PM

i'm suspecting that he found an adjacent rooftop and skedaddled, the zombies lost interest and went back downstairs.

thank you professor! I dont get why some people are constantly not getting what im saying on most things.

until their corrected by someone else by simply reading the freakin post to them again....wake up people!

darth los
18-Nov-2010, 03:56 PM
thank you professor! I dont get why some people are constantly not getting what im saying on most things.

It gets lost amidst all the dick jokes buddy.

ProfessorChaos
18-Nov-2010, 04:02 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/jack_lol.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4816)

bassman
18-Nov-2010, 04:59 PM

:lol: precisely.

DEAD BEAT
18-Nov-2010, 04:59 PM

lol well i know if anybody gets my posts on here its you bud! ;)

MoonSylver
18-Nov-2010, 05:57 PM
lol well i know if anybody gets my posts on here its you bud! ;)

I thought that said "if anybody gets my posts ON THEM" at first... :lol:

DEAD BEAT
18-Nov-2010, 06:45 PM
I thought that said "if anybody gets my posts ON THEM" at first... :lol:

lets be realistic dudes...we all know we also come here for a quick laugh and perhaps a few shenanigans! lol

If i must be the poster boy so be it......but it be a bit boring without it! ;)

darth los
18-Nov-2010, 08:40 PM
lets be realistic dudes...we all know we also come here for a quick laugh and perhaps a few shenanigans! lol

If i must be the poster boy so be it......but it be a bit boring without it! ;)

http://garth.typepad.com/primitive_screwheads/images/2007/06/22/bravelittletoasterchokeabitch.jpg

MoonSylver
18-Nov-2010, 08:50 PM
Excuse me sir, the Gallery of Weirdness is THIS way----->http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?18054-Lou-s-quot-Gallery-of-Weirdness-quot

:lol:;)

MinionZombie
20-Nov-2010, 05:54 PM
Now that I've seen episode three, I'm chipping in on this issue.

As bassman was saying, in the comics it's put down to a one-time thing when they were distraught, but here they add in Shane flat-out telling her Rick was dead. I think this is a better angle to play it, and I can see it providing better viewing when it comes to a head.

In the comic it's kind of like he's a bit love sick, and jealous, but it feels a little underdeveloped in a way ... although it's still handled well, and clearly Shane feels lost and alone, and has always been jealous of what Rick had with Lori and Carl. Then it all gets into a ruck and Carl takes him down ... I think the way they're doing it in the show will be more powerful.

I think it's better to make it a deliberate ploy on Shane's behalf to fall to temptation and lie to Lori to try and get what he's always wanted, but as Callies was saying in that making-of-episode-two video, she thinks that Lori just wanted to grab onto someone human out of fear and an animal instinct to be close to someone in such horrific times. Plus, she thought Rick was dead - so it's also a rebound shag issue - so it's totally understandable for Lori to get jiggy with Shane's Deputy. ;)

It'll be interesting to see how they develop this betrayal and guilt aspect over the next three episodes.

I think with Lori you empathise with her and can understand her decisions, as flawed as they turned out to be, but there was no malice intended on her part. With Shane you pity him at best, and think less of him at worst due to his deliberate deception.

So if you had to say "who is in the wrong" - clearly it's Shane.

MoonSylver
20-Nov-2010, 06:30 PM
:thumbsup:

Nicely said MZ. :)

DEAD BEAT
20-Nov-2010, 08:56 PM
Now that I've seen episode three, I'm chipping in on this issue.

As bassman was saying, in the comics it's put down to a one-time thing when they were distraught, but here they add in Shane flat-out telling her Rick was dead. I think this is a better angle to play it, and I can see it providing better viewing when it comes to a head.

In the comic it's kind of like he's a bit love sick, and jealous, but it feels a little underdeveloped in a way ... although it's still handled well, and clearly Shane feels lost and alone, and has always been jealous of what Rick had with Lori and Carl. Then it all gets into a ruck and Carl takes him down ... I think the way they're doing it in the show will be more powerful.

I think it's better to make it a deliberate ploy on Shane's behalf to fall to temptation and lie to Lori to try and get what he's always wanted, but as Callies was saying in that making-of-episode-two video, she thinks that Lori just wanted to grab onto someone human out of fear and an animal instinct to be close to someone in such horrific times. Plus, she thought Rick was dead - so it's also a rebound shag issue - so it's totally understandable for Lori to get jiggy with Shane's Deputy. ;)

It'll be interesting to see how they develop this betrayal and guilt aspect over the next three episodes.

I think with Lori you empathise with her and can understand her decisions, as flawed as they turned out to be, but there was no malice intended on her part. With Shane you pity him at best, and think less of him at worst due to his deliberate deception.

So if you had to say "who is in the wrong" - clearly it's Shane.

I don't know bout dat!

Shane looks like an 80's porn star.......lol

MoonSylver
20-Nov-2010, 11:21 PM
I don't know bout dat!

Shane looks like an 80's porn star.......lol

http://media.fakeposters.com/results/2010/11/21/6phym4ilmr.jpg

sandrock74
21-Nov-2010, 01:33 AM

I'm guessing that is shown in "Lori Vision"? LOL

MoonSylver
21-Nov-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm guessing that is shown in "Lori Vision"? LOL

Hey, DB is the one who made the observation. I just set it to music...;)

MinionZombie
21-Nov-2010, 10:54 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

DEAD BEAT
23-Nov-2010, 02:32 AM
lmao just wanted to through a quick one in here that i was laughing about in episode 4.

When the nut job they tied up was promising Rick's son that he'd be back, Shane has this look on his face like "oh boy here we go again" hoping that screwball is wrong! ;)