PDA

View Full Version : 3 episodes in and no humans bit??

Gemini
18-Nov-2010, 04:35 PM
The Zeds have eaten everything from rats to deer to a damn horse but not a single human bit yet? Seems a little odd. Also the campsite appears packed with too many extras, let's home some wind up as lunch soon.

I do love the series. Episode 1 still the best by far. Episode 2 had a totally different feel, more of a fast-paced romp and not as thoughtful. Episode 3 they slowed things WAY down, and there were hardly any Zeds at all. Episode 3 however was good in that it was a good character building episode and had a fairly powerful conclusion.

So what's the deal with the scumbag on the roof? He apparantly got the hacksaw, why didn't he cut the hand cuff chain instead of amputating his hand? And the door was still padlocked when they got there so where did he go? Jump off the roof? Thoughts?

bassman
18-Nov-2010, 04:57 PM
I believe the "Next Week" preview showed a certain character getting chomped on in ep 4. I would put money on it that people are going down next episode...

Legion2213
18-Nov-2010, 05:01 PM
I believe the "Next Week" preview showed a certain character getting chomped on in ep 4. I would put money on it that people are going down next episode...

I hope so, I kind of like the slow pacing and attempts at focusing on character as opposed to action (nobody can accuse it of being an "MTV Flick" or whatever), but I'm getting the urge to watch some horrific zombie chow-down action at the same time. :cool:

bassman
18-Nov-2010, 05:02 PM
My wife brought a funny point about Ep 3 last night. There's hardly any zombies in it at all....

Legion2213
18-Nov-2010, 05:07 PM
My wife brought a funny point about Ep 3 last night. There's hardly any zombies in it at all....

They seem to cluster, which is a bit more realistic than a lot of zombie media which seems to have them uniformly scattered around the place so you can't walk a few yards without bumping into one. And that quary does look kind of isolated (with hints that the zacks are starting to wander abvout a bit now that the towns/cities are bone yards). There was a LOT of traffic headed out of that city as well, maybe a good portion of the population got out?

(won't be complaining if they all decide to head back home in their undead state though). :)

kidgloves
18-Nov-2010, 05:15 PM
Isn't this thread a bit of a spoiler for the UK folks.
Just saying :rant:;)

bassman
18-Nov-2010, 05:19 PM
yeah...the OP should probably spoiler tag a few things...

Sucks for you guys, but that's what usually happens when you have to wait like that. Things slip out whether you want them to or not.

Oh well....Another three or four weeks and we can all speak freely. :D

Thorn
18-Nov-2010, 05:24 PM
The calm before the storm my friend, the calm before the storm.

MoonSylver
18-Nov-2010, 05:28 PM

+1 to this. ;)

yeah...the OP should probably spoiler tag a few things...

Sucks for you guys, but that's what usually happens when you have to wait like that. Things slip out whether you want them to or not.

Oh well....Another three or four weeks and we can all speak freely. :D

Fuck it, I'm gonna speak freely now:

BRUCE WILLIS IS A GHOST AT THE END!!!!!

*Whew* I feel much better now. :lol:

JDFP
18-Nov-2010, 05:34 PM
Isn't this thread a bit of a spoiler for the UK folks.
Just saying :rant:;)

Dude, we live in the age of the internet. If you want to see any of the first three episodes, you can "find" it to watch it easy enough, if you know what I mean, Verne. With that said, I agree that some folks should probably be more considerate in throwing up the "Spoilers".

As far as the zombies -- I wouldn't mind seeing whole episodes without them. Honestly, if not used correctly, they detract from the overall story which is about the characters and their situation in living a world that has completely changed. If seeing zombies is pertinent to their story (where they are as a character and what they are doing) then show them -- but it's pointless to have zombies running around "just because it's cool looking to have zombies around!" and is more of a distraction to the overall story. Just my opinion of course.

j.p.

Legion2213
18-Nov-2010, 05:42 PM
Episode 3 was available to the global masses via P2P aproximately 15 MINUTES after the actual US show finished this week! We've got dedicated people getting this out to those who can't wait for almost a week to catch up with our US friends.

Just hope that those of us who do download make sure they find the time to watch the real UK airing to keep veiwing figures healthy.

ProfessorChaos
18-Nov-2010, 06:17 PM
to the op:

too many nameless characters at the camp + no humans bit yet = foreshadowing.

i have a feeling next week's episode is gonna be off the fucking chain...

general tbag
18-Nov-2010, 06:52 PM
Episode 3 was available to the global masses via P2P aproximately 15 MINUTES after the actual US show finished this week! We've got dedicated people getting this out to those who can't wait for almost a week to catch up with our US friends.

Just hope that those of us who do download make sure they find the time to watch the real UK airing to keep veiwing figures healthy.

Word was the first one was leaked by the studio.The ratings show preair stuff aint EVIL.

kidgloves
18-Nov-2010, 07:47 PM
Dude, we live in the age of the internet. If you want to see any of the first three episodes, you can "find" it to watch it easy enough, if you know what I mean

And Dude. I know that. I'm one of those people but it doesn't stop me being considerate for other people who may not choose to use torrents, newsgroups etc. A little bit of thought doesn't hurt anyone.

darth los
18-Nov-2010, 08:08 PM
Ah, morality.

Nice but it really doesn't get you anywhere in life if the ones choosing to follow the rules are in the extreme minority.

:cool:

MoonSylver
18-Nov-2010, 08:24 PM
Ah, morality.

Nice but it really doesn't get you anywhere in life if the ones choosing to follow the rules are in the extreme minority.

Yeah, but at the end of the day, you still gotta be able to look yourself in the miror. Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't take any wooden nickles. Always look both ways before crossing the street. A fool and his money...wait...what were we taliking about? :lol:

darth los
18-Nov-2010, 08:29 PM
Yeah, but at the end of the day, you still gotta be able to look yourself in the miror. Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't take any wooden nickles. Always look both ways before crossing the street. A fool and his money...wait...what were we taliking about? :lol:

Wow, I can't believe I've used this twice in 2 days.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5f4dwu5pTeY/SM6QB2QXkGI/AAAAAAAAAvM/dnwWHAGb134/s400/kim_fields_one_to_grow_on.png

Free movies.

And there's a reason why they say nice guys finish last.

Normally you don't get ahead in life without doing somthing "morally impure".

kidgloves
18-Nov-2010, 08:31 PM
Ah, morality.

Hmmmm.
Okay.
People who have morals measure where they get in life on a different scale to those who don't.

darth los
18-Nov-2010, 08:38 PM
^^^^

Something we can both agree on.

And who says we don't see eye to eye here at the HPOTD? :duh:

bassman
18-Nov-2010, 08:51 PM
Who the fuck brought up morals around THIS PLACE?!?!

JDFP
18-Nov-2010, 08:52 PM
And Dude. I know that. I'm one of those people but it doesn't stop me being considerate for other people who may not choose to use torrents, newsgroups etc. A little bit of thought doesn't hurt anyone.

I don't disagree with you. I was just pointing out that with the glorious thing known as the 'net places who don't get it straight-up with the AMC opening night showing still have the option of seeing it usually in the same evening. After I typed what you quoted above I said: With that said, I agree that some folks should probably be more considerate in throwing up the "Spoilers".

j.p.

MoonSylver
18-Nov-2010, 08:59 PM
And there's a reason why they say nice guys finish last.

Normally you don't get ahead in life without doing somthing "morally impure".

Not to get all heavy, but if I have to be morally impure (by my own warped standards at least...) to get ahead in life...well, I'm ok with finishing last.

*Braces for the onslaught of sermonizg about how I'll never survive the zomb-pocalypse when it "does" happen :rolleyes:* :lol:

Gemini
18-Nov-2010, 10:26 PM
All - I'm the 'OP' and I gotta plead ignorance here, guess I'm not as aware of the international airings as I should be. I agree, I should've tagged as a spoiler.

DEAD BEAT
18-Nov-2010, 10:50 PM
The Zeds have eaten everything from rats to deer to a damn horse but not a single human bit yet? Seems a little odd. Also the campsite appears packed with too many extras, let's home some wind up as lunch soon.

I do love the series. Episode 1 still the best by far. Episode 2 had a totally different feel, more of a fast-paced romp and not as thoughtful. Episode 3 they slowed things WAY down, and there were hardly any Zeds at all. Episode 3 however was good in that it was a good character building episode and had a fairly powerful conclusion.

So what's the deal with the scumbag on the roof? He apparantly got the hacksaw, why didn't he cut the hand cuff chain instead of amputating his hand? And the door was still padlocked when they got there so where did he go? Jump off the roof? Thoughts?

That's what i said! lol

Amazingly is that the series is still good for some reason! lol "IM GUILTY!"

Tricky
18-Nov-2010, 11:04 PM
Dont forget, these guys all clearly survived the initial onslaught, they're veterans & wise enough not to get caught out & bitten unlike all the poor folk shuffling about as zombies! ;)

Ghoulman
19-Nov-2010, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I thought for sure one of the redshirts would be bitten by now, but honestly, with the show being so good that's a MINOR complaint at best.
For comic fans who are paying attention, they do seem to be setting up Jim's backstory which ends with him being bitten and placed at the city's edge after the camp is attacked and Amy is killed.

Thorn
19-Nov-2010, 12:26 PM
Not to get all heavy, but if I have to be morally impure (by my own warped standards at least...) to get ahead in life...well, I'm ok with finishing last.

*Braces for the onslaught of sermonizg about how I'll never survive the zomb-pocalypse when it "does" happen :rolleyes:* :lol:

http://sunglasses.name/gif/joker-clap.gif

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Yeah, I thought for sure one of the redshirts would be bitten by now, but honestly, with the show being so good that's a MINOR complaint at best.
For comic fans who are paying attention, they do seem to be setting up Jim's backstory which ends with him being bitten and placed at the city's edge after the camp is attacked and Amy is killed.

Yes, yes they do. I liked the preview of the bit involving him and the digging scene. It was very well done and I will say no more.

MoonSylver
19-Nov-2010, 12:47 PM
It was very well done and I will say no more.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OjrbRW6e1VE/S6uNSxHwvRI/AAAAAAAADos/bu1IWhiFcJM/s1600/nudge-nudge-monty-python-105.jpg

:lol: ;)

darth los
19-Nov-2010, 03:31 PM

See you at the back of the line then buddy.

I'll holla!

Thorn
19-Nov-2010, 03:59 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OjrbRW6e1VE/S6uNSxHwvRI/AAAAAAAADos/bu1IWhiFcJM/s1600/nudge-nudge-monty-python-105.jpg

:lol: ;)

"Your, uh, your wife, does she go, eh, does she go, eh?"

Made my day there, Moon.