PDA

View Full Version : Joe Pilato to guest star on "The Walking Dead"?

JDFP
21-Nov-2010, 02:06 AM
No, not really, (as far as I know), but I was aiming at grabbing your attention. I'm a bastard like that (being around some folks here helps in that department). :D:p

Seriously though, I'd love to see some of the folks from the original Holy Trilogy guest star in "The Walking Dead" -- IF done right. Let's face it, I can't think of any of them that have really gone on to have illustrious film careers. That doesn't mean that they couldn't be a good guest star on the show though with the right writing. But, I'd definitely be up to say Pilato or Gaylen Ross, Savini, or Ken Foree stopping in for a guest appearance in an episode. I'd actually really like to see Pilato do a guest spot.

I can hear the detractors now: "No, no, this is a terrible idea. Darabont is trying to break away from the old and bring in something fresh and new." I can understand and appreciate that perspective. I don't think any of the folks from the original trilogy should be plopped in just for the sake of: "Hey! Wouldn't it be cool if...." but more out of giving the real respect for the world that Romero built. I can't think of a better way that Darabont could really give Romero the respect he deserves for the Holy Trilogy than bringing in some of the original blood that helped build it.

Makes me think too, I wonder if Savini or any of the others have made any comments to wanting to step in for a guest role on the show. That would be interesting if they were asked.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, don't turn this into a "Romero V. Darabont" thread. I'm just interested in others opinions on this -- not to bash or attack either.

j.p.

Yojimbo
21-Nov-2010, 02:38 AM
Im with you JD

ProfessorChaos
21-Nov-2010, 02:55 AM
didn't somebody just mention the other day that nicotero was the zombie eating the deer?

and if any of those mentioned in jp's post show up, i'd prefer them to be featured zombies, nothing more.

kidgloves
21-Nov-2010, 11:16 AM
Excellent idea. Any of the actors that appeared in the trilogy should get a turn on TWD by default. I would love to see that especially Big Ken.

thxleo
21-Nov-2010, 12:42 PM
So far the only links for Romero's original trilogy to The Walking Dead have been Greg Nicotero & Howard Berger(efx), Ernest Dickerson(directed episode 5), and Taso Stavrakis(zombie cameo under tank)...that I know of.
I would love to see some other Romero alumni get a shot at directing, such as John Harrison or Tom Savini. It would also be cool to see someone like Terry Alexander have a role on the show in some capacity.

babomb
21-Nov-2010, 09:23 PM
and if any of those mentioned in jp's post show up, i'd prefer them to be featured zombies, nothing more. I'll 2nd that. While I wouldn't really have a problem with it because nothing could take away from this series now, IMO anywy.
BUt I don't see this as the Romero zombie world. While there are obvious similarities, this is the new zombie world that Romero could've easily had but dropped the ball with his last few flicks.

AcesandEights
22-Nov-2010, 12:22 AM
So far the only links for Romero's original trilogy to The Walking Dead have been Greg Nicotero & Howard Berger(efx), Ernest Dickerson(directed episode 5), and Taso Stavrakis(zombie cameo under tank)...that I know of.
I would love to see some other Romero alumni get a shot at directing, such as John Harrison or Tom Savini. It would also be cool to see someone like Terry Alexander have a role on the show in some capacity.

From your lips to AMC's ears! This would be great.

bassman
22-Nov-2010, 12:59 AM
Harrison, Savini, etc? Okay. Keep Romero away, imo.

No need to soil a second series....

Trencher
22-Nov-2010, 07:53 AM
Savini will show up given half a chance. Hmmm He could play the governor.

Thorn
22-Nov-2010, 02:28 PM

Wow, that would be brilliant. Seriously I love that idea.

AcesandEights
22-Nov-2010, 02:31 PM

He's got the look, but I'm not sure if he has the chops. That character really shouldn't be hammed up. At all.

That's all I'll say about it without spoiler tags.

Thorn
22-Nov-2010, 02:57 PM
He's got the look, but I'm not sure if he has the chops. That character really shouldn't be hammed up. At all.

That's all I'll say about it without spoiler tags.

That is true, and I took a bit to consider this. I was wondering if he has the range to pull it off... in the end he might not but I guess sentimentality took over.

Mike70
22-Nov-2010, 03:24 PM
i want to see a logan's run/fantastic journey crossover. think, think i say, of the possibilities.:D