PDA

View Full Version : The Cinematography...

babomb
21-Nov-2010, 07:56 AM
How do you all feel about the cinematography?
All shot on super16.

A-Cinematographer-Among-The-Walking-Dead (http://www.studiodaily.com/main/technique/tprojects/A-Cinematographer-Among-The-Walking-Dead_12690.html)

thxleo
21-Nov-2010, 12:48 PM
How do you all feel about the cinematography?
All shot on super16.

A-Cinematographer-Among-The-Walking-Dead (http://www.studiodaily.com/main/technique/tprojects/A-Cinematographer-Among-The-Walking-Dead_12690.html)

I loved the fact that David Tattersall shot the pilot. This guy has done some major films in the past such as The Green Mile, The Majestic, and all three of the new Star Wars prequels.
I think the show looks great.

Ghoulman
21-Nov-2010, 01:26 PM
I think the cinematography is simply stunning. Particularly the pilot.

kidgloves
21-Nov-2010, 04:16 PM
I like the cool colour temp but dont like the grain. I understand why there using it but it's very distracting on a large screen.

babomb
21-Nov-2010, 09:39 PM
I hear ya on that kidgloves. Sometimes they pump the grain up even, like in a very foreboding scene, which is a bit much if it's the kind of thing you notice. But in general that graininess is just super16 for ya.

rawr
22-Nov-2010, 12:19 AM
I like how they avoided over-the-top color filters like you see in most major Hollywood releases. I'm sick of watching blue, orange, and green movies.
Scene transition, more specifically the transition timing, is absolutely flawless.

kidgloves
23-Nov-2010, 08:58 PM
Noticed in Vatos that they used loads and loads of closeups. Especially of Rick. He's face sometimes filled the whole screen. Liked the emphasis on the sheriffs hat as well. One of many Easter eggs for the comic book readers.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Nov-2010, 10:19 AM
I think the Super 16 footage looks fantastic and I think does a much better job of conveying the apocalyptic feel of the show. Newer Super 35 filmstock just doesn't have that look and feel and after reading the article I think their choice of camera was a great one.