PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have read the graphic novels then?

Andy
21-Nov-2010, 02:40 PM
Im curious, out of all the followers we have here of the TV series, both old and new members, how many of you have read the graphic novels and how do you think its effected what you think of the TV series?

I Personally own all the books and have followed the story for years but the TV series is still managing to suprise me, i love the casting, i think they got the core characters in the comics spot on (rick, morgan, lori, shane, glenn..), like i mentioned in another topic, i wonder if alot of the later plot will translate to the TV, i was thinking it may be abit dark for television but having said that, they had rick and glenn covering themselves in zombieguts to mask the smell of the living, which i wasnt expecting to make it across.

I find myself comparing the comics to the TV series alot and digging them out to reread them after each episode.

Mike70
21-Nov-2010, 02:42 PM
*raises hand*

i am actually in the process of re-reading them now that the show is on.

it hasn't effected the way i view the show at all. the two are separate things to me.

rongravy
21-Nov-2010, 03:01 PM
Ehhhhh. Graphic novels... Snorefest.

MoonSylver
21-Nov-2010, 03:10 PM
In before Bassman:

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?17949-How-many-people-here-have-READ-The-Walking-Dead

Eyebiter
21-Nov-2010, 03:36 PM
Read them all from the library, don't own any of them.

sandrock74
21-Nov-2010, 03:54 PM
"Graphic novels"......you mean the comic books, right?

Anyway, yes, I have the first 12 volumes of the trades (6 issues per volume) and I have been picking up each issue since then. Read them all!

ProfessorChaos
21-Nov-2010, 04:25 PM
own the first five and have read them all at least once, the sixth is on my christmas list and i will likely read that in one sitting, so i chose the last option.

Ghoulman
22-Nov-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm current on the Hardcovers. This is just an absolutely amazing ride and if we get half of it in the TV series we will truly be blessed!

bassman
22-Nov-2010, 12:56 AM
In before Bassman:

The legend lives on. :lol:

Since the last thread, I've read up until Michonne. That's where I stand at this point...

Trencher
22-Nov-2010, 07:52 AM
Own them all read them all. Read a lot of zombie books infact and it has made me appreciate the walking dead more.

AcesandEights
22-Nov-2010, 02:35 PM
I alternate between the monthly floppies and, when I can't get caught up, the TPBs. I think I need to go out and see if the latest trade has come out yet, btw...

Danny
22-Nov-2010, 04:18 PM
first printing of every isue yadda yadda, ect.

its partially why im not watching the show. the story is still ongoing and the show is at best half a decade behind the books now and that gaps going to keep getting bigger. Its well made, but i already know whats going to go down, it happened for me 6 years ago. Seeing it live action isnt enough of a pull to go back to what is for me a very old story were no plot twists will be a surprise yknow?

Legion2213
23-Nov-2010, 07:25 AM
I have the first two hardbacks, not read them yet, I'm going to wait until this (mini) series finishes to prevent cross-contamination. I'll pick up the other 4 hardback volumes before for christmas...which will give me a total of 72 issues to dig into. :)

zomtom
25-Nov-2010, 05:14 AM
I've never read any of them though I have a funny feeling I will be treating myself to one ass-kicking Christmas gift.

Arcades057
26-Nov-2010, 10:44 PM
I find myself comparing the comics to the TV series alot and digging them out to reread them after each episode.

I do this after every episode, heheh.