PDA

View Full Version : The Best New Show On TV

Ghoulman
24-Nov-2010, 12:37 AM
I just got the December 3rd issue of Entertainment Weekly in the mail today and was pleasantly surprised to see The Walking Dead on the cover. Or more precisely Rick Grimes down the right side of the mag and 4 smaller "geeks" on the bottom left under the title: THE BEST NEW SHOW ON TV.

The article inside talks about Season 1 and gives away some finale spoilers about the cliffhanger, Merle, and the virus. as well as possible Season 2 cast additions and probable show settings. There's a couple small blurbs from Darabont who says little but does dole out a couple nice morsals for the diehards to froth over. All in all, definitely worth the small coin to have this amazing cover and the spoilers that come with it... For those who want to know that it... Because it's gonna be a looooong 11 months!

I'd post a pic of the cover but I can't figure out how to transfer the image from my folder.

bassman
24-Nov-2010, 02:35 AM
Anyone outside of the US....DONT look at this article. Spoilers a-plenty...

More spoilers from the article follow....if you're interested. View at your own risk...

Shane will be around till season two.

Merle will remain MIA until season two.

Darabont will have Michonne and Tyreese enter next season.

Darabont "Can't escape" prison movies and he "looooooves" the governor. He can't wait to get to him. Thinks he will be an "all-time memorable character for TV".

When asked whether Merle will become the Governor, Darabont says "Really? Interesting. I'm saying nothing..."

ProfessorChaos
24-Nov-2010, 03:10 AM
just spent 30 mins driving around my little hometown looking for a place carrying this magazine.....everywhere is either closed or doesn't have it....bummer. going to a larger city area to do some stuff tomorrow evening, perhaps i'll look then.

bassman
24-Nov-2010, 03:11 AM
just spent 30 mins driving around my little hometown looking for a place carrying this magazine.....everywhere is either closed or doesn't have it....bummer. going to a larger city area to do some stuff tomorrow evening, perhaps i'll look then.

Don't bother. No new pictures, really . And I just posted the best quotes.

IF you're willing to view them, that is....

Ghoulman
24-Nov-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm gonna mat and frame my cover I like it so much!

I also thought the talk about Darabont figuring out an END TO THE SERIES and picking Kirkman's brain before he continues writing Season 2 was a pretty cool bit. I respect that he wants to have a goal, endgame, or place he'd like this story to end in mind. That really made me stop and ponder for the first time, that this series, and more importantly these characters that we have become so attached to for nearly a decade, in one fashion will cease to be.

bassman
24-Nov-2010, 11:59 AM
I also thought the talk about Darabont figuring out an END TO THE SERIES and picking Kirkman's brain before he continues writing Season 2 was a pretty cool bit. I respect that he wants to have a goal, endgame, or place he'd like this story to end in mind. That really made me stop and ponder for the first time, that this series, and more importantly these characters that we have become so attached to for nearly a decade, in one fashion will cease to be.

It's also really nice to hear that we won't be left with a year-long cliffhanger. Very smart of them to sort of wrap up the first season as if there won't be a second. Make each season it's own thing, ya know?

Gemini
24-Nov-2010, 04:22 PM
http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2010/11/entertainment-weekly-cover-story.php

bassman
24-Nov-2010, 04:25 PM
That explains why Prof couldn't find it. Only those with a subscription have it at this point....

Ghoulman
24-Nov-2010, 04:38 PM
I agree totally about no cliffhanger Bass. Great way to go!

I wonder how/if the budget is going to translate to more eps, better FX etc. now that they likely won't need to spend so much time, energy and MONEY shutting down any chunks of major cities anytime soon? Comic book wise, the next several story arcs take place in locations that, as far as budgets are concerned, are a whole hell of a lot cheaper and easier to work with and maintain complete control over than the Atlanta arc. I can hardly wait till spring when the spy reprots start trickling in!