PDA

View Full Version : Blood Test

Gemini
02-Dec-2010, 11:07 PM
Season finale shows the survivors having to submit to blood tests in order to gain entry to CDC

Does this mean the virus can only be transmitted by bite?? If we go by GAR "every dead body.." rule then everyone would be infected bitten or not.

Thoughts?

Eyebiter
02-Dec-2010, 11:15 PM
Could be a 'Typhoid Mary' situation, where some people carry the virus but don't have symptoms or get sick.

clanglee
02-Dec-2010, 11:31 PM
Well. . the comics go by the everybody rises rule. . . . so. . .hmmmmm.

bassman
02-Dec-2010, 11:56 PM
I feel sorry for anyone in the UK that hasn't yet seen episode 5 and enters this thread. Spoiled...

Gemini
03-Dec-2010, 12:31 AM
Sorry, my bad. Again. Can somebody tell me how to properly spoiler tag within a post?

Ghoulman
03-Dec-2010, 12:44 AM
Does this mean the virus can only be transmitted by bite?? Thoughts?

I believe we will learn what the comic has already made canon: That everbody carries the virus and death is merely the catalyst. Being bitten only speeds up ones death. But I could be wrong.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Sorry, my bad. Again. Can somebody tell me how to properly spoiler tag within a post?

This: [
Then: spoiler
Then: ]
Then: The text you wish to be hidden.
Then: [/
Then: spoiler
Then: ]

example: [ spoiler ] blah blah blah [ / spoiler ] NOTE: I've included extra spaces in hopes it will display for you.

Gemini
03-Dec-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks! Although if anyone is hardcore enough to be browsing this forum I doubt I spoiled much of anything!

bassman
03-Dec-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks! Although if anyone is hardcore enough to be browsing this forum I doubt I spoiled much of anything!

The UK doesn't air episode 5 until later today. They're about 5 days behind the US premieres. There's only a few people here that wait for the TV premiere instead of loading it immediately after it premieres in the US, but still. I would've hated to stumble into this thread and seen the end results of Episode 5, ya know?

Anyway.....as for the subject of the thread...

I like the idea that someone else suggested in another thread. Maybe he's not really testing, but creating new subjects? It would ruin the comic storyline with Andrea, but juding by the preview that may actually be the case. I mean....the guy was heartbroken that he had no more test subjects....so you never know. Until Sunday, anyway. :p

DEAD BEAT
03-Dec-2010, 07:57 PM
Season finale shows the survivors having to submit to blood tests in order to gain entry to CDC

Does this mean the virus can only be transmitted by bite?? If we go by GAR "every dead body.." rule then everyone would be infected bitten or not.

Thoughts?

For the love of god, i hope they don't break that rule! "bites or death only you bastards!"

Legion2213
03-Dec-2010, 09:08 PM
As a UKer, I am DLing them hot off the press, then recording the official UK screenings in HD on my Sky+ box (looks like we are gonna have to wait a while for the BD/DVD releases, I am keeping them all to tide me over).

I just hate being a week behind with this series when folks are chattering away about it...been doing the same with SGU as well.

As for the CDC guy...

he was whining about the only other samples being "necrotic", after his others were destroyed...does this mean they were culling "healthy alive people" for their brains? Nasty if true :)

Debbieangel
05-Dec-2010, 09:05 PM
As a UKer, I am DLing them hot off the press, then recording the official UK screenings in HD on my Sky+ box (looks like we are gonna have to wait a while for the BD/DVD releases, I am keeping them all to tide me over).

I just hate being a week behind with this series when folks are chattering away about it...been doing the same with SGU as well.

As for the CDC guy...

he was whining about the only other samples being "necrotic", after his others were destroyed...does this mean they were culling "healthy alive people" for their brains? Nasty if true :)
Not necessarily I would think necrotic tissue takes time to die to be necrotic tissue
Yojimbo would prob know the answer to that q better than me.

Tricky
05-Dec-2010, 09:30 PM
I still prefer the virus explanation to the "anyone rises" rubbish, makes it more believable for me but thats just my opinion!

clanglee
05-Dec-2010, 10:23 PM
I like the idea that someone else suggested in another thread. Maybe he's not really testing, but creating new subjects? It would ruin the comic storyline with Andrea, but juding by the preview that may actually be the case. I mean....the guy was heartbroken that he had no more test subjects....so you never know. Until Sunday, anyway. :p Oh man I hope not!!!! Not Andrea!! She's one of my favorite characters from the comic!!! Oh geeze!!