PDA

View Full Version : Season Two Predictions (*spoilers from comic book*)

White_Zombie
14-Dec-2010, 11:44 PM
List your season two of The Walking Dead predictions and what you would like to see in the next season.

As for me I'd like to see what became of Merle Dixon, I also wonder where the group will head next, possibly Fort Benning?

MikePizzoff
14-Dec-2010, 11:48 PM
I predict Merle Dixon will become "The Governor".

I would like to see the actress that plays Lori lose her constant look of surprise.

I'd also like to see it follow the book(s) more closely.

bassman
15-Dec-2010, 12:01 AM
I predict it won't air at all because the network is trying to ruin it in favor of Rubicon.

blind2d
15-Dec-2010, 01:07 AM
Do I want to know what this "Rubicon" is?
I really want Merle to show up, yeah... That better happen!
2D: I'm reminded of that Sparks sonk... y'know, "I Predict"!
Russel: D, let the man talk. Sorry about that, please, continue.
Thanks Russel. Where was I? Oh yeah, I also think there will be more zombie attacks, and more deaths... sure hope nothing bad happens to Glen, though... everyone else, I don't really care much about.
Murdoc: Yeah, why is that? Y'know... you got some weird Oriental fetish? 'sthat it?
Yeah... yeah, Muds, "oriental"... where's Noodle? She needs to come in here and kick your ass...

Thorn
15-Dec-2010, 12:54 PM
Possibly some spoilers for comic fans

I predict that there will be a lot of Death, and that the remaining "non-comic characters will meet gruesome ends to help push even further just how much danger exists on the road.

I further predict that Merle will in fact return, we will learn that he removed or disabled the alarms at the camp, and it will be revealed in a scene where he pulls his brother aside to try and get him to assist him in killing the Living. I feel at this point his brother refuses to side with Merle based on getting to know the other survivors and Merle might even kill his own brother.

I predict season two will have a showdown with Shane and Rick over Lori, and they end of season two will be them finding prison but not entering it.

bassman
15-Dec-2010, 01:11 PM
Do I want to know what this "Rubicon" is?

It's a cancelled AMC show. I was just joking around with the fans who seem to think the year long wait between seasons is an attempt by AMC to ruin TWD...

Anyway....all joking aside I think the second season is going to be tricky. Darbont confirmed three things in that EW article. Tyrese, Michonne, and the prison. Tyrese is easy because he could show up in the first episode during the "on the road" segments. Michonne and the prison are two different situations, though. In the comics she shows up after the prison, but the prison happens after the gated community and Hershel's farm. So unless they make it to the prison in the last few episodes and Michonne enters as the season is coming to an end, I think she'll most likely be introduced before the prison. Somewhere around the community and farm, maybe? Or maybe the same time as Tyrese?

Then again....maybe they'll skip the community and farm. I REALLY hope not, but you never know.

Also as for Merle - Darabont says he'll be back next season. So if he IS the Governor....how does that work out? That's an awful lot of ground to cover in 13 episodes...

ProfessorChaos
15-Dec-2010, 02:01 PM
considering that the governor doesn't appear till after they discover the prison and darabont has said that he imagines the prison will be discovered at the very end of season 2, i think it's gonna be at least season 3 before the governor shows up.

and i really wish all this conjecture about merle being the governor would stop. part of the governor's story (which i realize could be altered, but hopefully not this much) is that rick and his group who encounter the governor and woodbury are under the impression that they are welcomed and that the governor is a good leader. i really don't know which troll on the nets started this "merle is gunna be tha govner!!!!!!1" speculation, but i'd like to punch him in the fucking throat.

kidgloves
15-Dec-2010, 05:43 PM
I want to see an episode dedicated entirely to Merle and what happened to him after his touching speech on the roof. We partly know but I want to see it.
Tyrese is an absolute must and so is Herschels farm. They can skip Wiltshire Estates because the reveal would be so obvious to the comic book fans it would lose dramatic tension. Or maybe they can do it as well as Amys death cause I didn't see that coming. It's been a long time since I read that part of the book.

AcesandEights
15-Dec-2010, 06:39 PM
Tyrese is an absolute must

^^^ This!

BillyRay
15-Dec-2010, 07:03 PM
I'd like to see Season 2 as the journey to the prison. Wilshire Estates for an ep or 2, meeting back up with Merle (and the consequences for both Daryl & T-Dog), whatever side-tracking they'll do in the process, and have them see the prison in the distance at the end of the season.

Saying that, I don't wanna even think about the Governor until the end of Season 3, or the beginning of Season 4.

***Spoiler:***

The Helicopter that Rick & Co follow to the Governor's town, could it be the same one that Rick saw in Ep 1?

darth los
15-Dec-2010, 07:24 PM
I predict that at some point in season two someone will bring Gar into the discussion, offend others and get called a hater. :D

:cool:

kidgloves
15-Dec-2010, 07:49 PM
^^^ This!

Yep. Without Tyrese you have no prison arc.

Doc
15-Dec-2010, 11:52 PM
Hasn't Hershel's farm been confirmed? I'm sure an article by Gale or Darabont assured that it was gonna show up. I'll try to find it.

Ghoulman
17-Dec-2010, 10:16 AM
My predictions are based on two things: Season 1's pacing (pretty much the first 6 comics). And Darabont's relative faithfulness to the comic.
-Merle who?
-Due to the obvious gas a shortoage, the caravan shrinks to a logical and more managable size.
-We see some on-the-road action and meet Allen and Donna as well as Tyreese, his daughter and her boyfriend.
-We see some variation of Wiltshire Estates and T-Dog and Donna die.
-We see the incident that leads to Hershels farm.
-Hershel's farm and freakishly large family.
-We see the helicopter again.
-The Rick/Lori/Shane plays out.
-Glenn gets laid.
-Snow!
-The group find the prison.

bassman
10-Jan-2011, 07:37 PM
Kirkman: Michonne? YES. Governor? NO.

http://scifipulse.net/?p=39530

He also says that he intends to start bringing certain characters from the show into the comic series. Daryl in particular.

kidgloves
11-Jan-2011, 03:43 PM
Kirkman: Michonne? YES. Governor? NO.

http://scifipulse.net/?p=39530

He also says that he intends to start bringing certain characters from the show into the comic series. Daryl in particular.

The problem with Kirkman quotes is you never know if he's being serious or not. The guys constantly taking the piss. I heard an interview with him the other day before TWD premiered and he was asked about the changes made compared to the comic. His response "Well. Ricks now a duck." It was a serious interview as well. Very funny guy.

Wyldwraith
11-Jan-2011, 04:18 PM
One thing I hope they tighten up on,
We need a definitive sense of whether the TWD world is an intrinsic near-certain-deathtrap, or if its relatively "easy" to survive if you watch your ass, remain in groups and keep a low profile. Season 1 could get away with the wild variation in lethality because of the manner of setup, but as things progress enough on-screen-events will have been portrayed to require some sense of consistency. Ie: Do large cities remain the containers or large hordes, or have major numbers of zombies scattered everywhere and anywhere? Was Atlanta particularly bad, or is firing a shot anywhere you've got more than a tiny town the nearest thing to suicide?

See what I mean? They're on the move now, so obviously we'll be seeing different areas/different terrain, and different sizes of former human-populated locales. Ie: Anything from small towns to rural farms to mid-range cities. TWD is going to need that consistency with the danger level for the occasional surprise bloodbath to retain its punch. Otherwise fans will get bored or frustrated by the small inconsistencies that often fire up our various sub-types of fan-rage.

I'm one of the people that's fine if they go off-comic in service to the story, but we don't need much more low-quality improv. Please, PLEASE nothing else as hackneyed as the Gangbanger Carebears.
And GOD YES, we need Rick to either get a clue, or else man up and confront Shane and Lori that he knows something went on and he wants some explanations, NOW. That broken love-triangle only has so much shelf-life in it.

Also interested to see if the zombies remain so spry and athletic as the undead infestation progresses. Not fussy enough to worry about slight changes in flat-ground movement, but climbing 8-9 feet tall chain link fences? Not so feasible as decay progresses.

Ghoulman
13-Jan-2011, 10:34 PM
Good call Wyldwraith! I too fear that if the issues you mentioned are not given clarity it could risk hindering my enjoyment of the show in the future. Not a blatant "FUCK! What the hell are they thinking!?!?!?" kind of way but more of a constant little nagging in the back of the head.

Also, my earlier take on Season 2 stands as Kirkman has all but confirmed no Governator in Season 2. Good thing too, because at the shows present pacing, which is pretty close to the first six comic issues, they'd really have to cut a lot of great material to get us to the Governor in the next 13 eps. Personally, I don't expect his introduction until the END of the 3rd Season... When Rick chases after that damn helicopter... You know, the one from the first episode? :)

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Oh yeah, I also really enjoyed this little nugget from the IrenE Singleton interview. Admitedly, I would rather enjoy it if it turned out to be true. :)

Q: Any theories on what T-Dog stands for?

A: I know that one of the main characters in the comic book series is Tyreese, and I'm hoping that they were being strategic. He can say that he's Tyreese, like, "Oh yeah, T-Dog's my nickname from back when I played ball ... all the guys called me T-Dog." I don't know that's the case, but I'm hoping!

Sammich
14-Jan-2011, 12:51 AM
I am hoping for giittering zombies.