PDA

View Full Version : I have shamed myself once again... This time, with "Death of a Ghost Hunter"

LouCipherr
16-Dec-2010, 05:06 PM
My wife is an avid "ghost" fan - she watches all the ghost hunting shows on TV and has gone on quite a few ghost hunting treks, so she asked if we could check out this flick called "Death of a Ghost Hunter" I had a baaaad feeling just based on the title and the artwork for the flick (I know, never just a book by it's cover - hey, I watched it, so i didn't judge it by it's cover, ok?! :lol:) but I said fuck it, I've probably seen worse and we checked it out.

So the description of this turd goes like this:

"Renowned "ghost hunter", Carter Simms is paid to conduct a paranormal investigation of a supposedly haunted house. Along with a cameraman, a reporter, and a spiritual advocate, she embarks on a three night journey into terror."

"Terror" my ass, more like laughable.. This shit made Survival look worthy of an academy award. :lol: :shifty: :lol:

By far one of the most boring POS flicks with a predictable ending that you could've guessed 15 minutes after the movie started. It was like watching an extremely poor version of Ghost Hunters, but with a host who was more of a wimp than.. well.. just think of the biggest wimp you can think of, then multiply that by 300 (SPARTAAAAAAAA!!!!!).

The acting - awful. There are no words - well, there's one. Awful. :lol: The sound design was beyond bad (massively loud in some spots, way too quiet to even hear anything in other spots), and set design? Don't get me started. :rolleyes: I have no idea what the budget was for this flick, but I can assure you, it was not enough.

I could go on, but what's the point? It's bad. I mean really bad.

I have to stop subjecting myself to stuff like this, but y'know, after seeing Land/Diary/Survival, I thought my days of watching horrible movies couldn't get any worse. <ahem> WRONG. :lol:

Lou's rating: 2 pitchforks out of 10. Avoid at all costs, peoples. :shifty:

MoonSylver
16-Dec-2010, 06:15 PM
Another nice entry in an ongoing series of "Shame". :lol:

We've all been down the "my wife picked this movie..." road *shudder*. ;)

It's always interesting to me in the world of internet-hyperbole-land how some movies get savaged as "the worst POS EVAH!" until one sees a movie that REALLY IS THAT BAD. Then it puts that(those) other movie(s) in perspective. :)

bassman
16-Dec-2010, 06:54 PM
What misguided steps have you taken throughout your life to feel that this sort of punishment is necessary?

LouCipherr
16-Dec-2010, 09:22 PM
That's a really good question. Problem is, I don't know how to answer it. :lol:

This is one of the little compromises I have to deal with being married. If I make her sit through yet another zombie flick, unfortunately I have to relent once in a while and get subjected to shit like this.

I can only imagine what the next entry in the "shame diaries" will be, but lord help me if it gets any worse. I think I'll go re-watch Sharktopus. :lol:

It's always interesting to me in the world of internet-hyperbole-land how some movies get savaged as "the worst POS EVAH!" until one sees a movie that REALLY IS THAT BAD. Then it puts that(those) other movie(s) in perspective. :)

You're not kidding, man. I mean, I'm all for low budget films and looking past some rough edges, but wow man.. just wow.

MoonSylver
16-Dec-2010, 10:15 PM
What misguided steps have you taken throughout your life to feel that this sort of punishment is necessary?

Bad movie karma? Slag on or refuse to watch a really GOOD movie & you get subjected to a really BAD one in return?

LouCipherr
17-Dec-2010, 12:41 PM
Hey, at least my wife wanted to watch this and didn't say "Y'know, I heard Uwe Boll just put out a new flick, let's watch that!"

http://enderzero.net/smilies/bolt.gif

DjfunkmasterG
29-Dec-2010, 04:51 AM
I just shamed myself... I watched FULCI's zombie hoping to find something redeeming about it.... NOPE not a fucking thing. Finally tossed the DVD in the "NEED TO TRADE PILE"

clanglee
29-Dec-2010, 08:07 AM
:o I actually quite enjoyed the movie. To each his own I guess.

LouCipherr
29-Dec-2010, 01:58 PM
:o I actually quite enjoyed the movie. To each his own I guess.

Well, y'know, I think there was an excellent idea hidden in that film, I just think the execution was what did it in. I think it could've been a damn good story and flick, I just don't think they managed to capture it on film as well as could have been, know what I mean?