PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead to return in July paired with Breaking Bad?

kidgloves
27-Dec-2010, 04:42 PM
My god. That would be beautiful. It's only an actor saying it, but hey, news is slow around these parts at this time of the year.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/12/20/could-the-walking-dead-return-in-july-with-breaking-bad-no-less/

bassman
27-Dec-2010, 04:48 PM
Interesting indeed. I'm only just now catching up with AMC's rerun of the entire Breaking Bad series, so I would be thrilled to have the new season around the same time as TWD.

October still seems like the obvious choice to me, but fingers crossed for July. As long as they're not rushing it...

kidgloves
27-Dec-2010, 05:15 PM
Interesting indeed. I'm only just now catching up with AMC's rerun of the entire Breaking Bad series, so I would be thrilled to have the new season around the same time as TWD.

October still seems like the obvious choice to me, but fingers crossed for July. As long as they're not rushing it...

Funnily enough, Im rewatching BB as well. Superb series

DjfunkmasterG
27-Dec-2010, 05:42 PM
July eh???? Man that is still 7 months away. =O(

JDFP
27-Dec-2010, 05:59 PM
As much as I love TWD, I think they should wait to kick off the new season on Halloween and do another 2-hour season opener like the first season. I think it's a great idea beginning the season off on Halloween every year. It seems like a perfect combination to me.

j.p.

Mike70
27-Dec-2010, 06:08 PM
i will most likely give this another chance. i didn't care for anything of the first season after the first 2 eps. i don't watch tv much at all (easily less than an hour a day) and this show reminded me of why.

Danny
27-Dec-2010, 07:14 PM
As much as I love TWD, I think they should wait to kick off the new season on Halloween and do another 2-hour season opener like the first season. I think it's a great idea beginning the season off on Halloween every year. It seems like a perfect combination to me.

j.p.

yeah, honestly a horror series is really going to get its best pull of its target audience around that time of year. its like the friday death schedule on fox, its just a day or two change in schedule but it can kill off any interest for the audience because they arent in the mood for that content at that time.

blind2d
27-Dec-2010, 11:45 PM
Yep, TV... complex, and stupid, all at once... remarkable, really...
As for July... I dunno, I feel October is just more... zombie-y... y'know? Plus it's right around my birthday, so it's like getting an extra present!

Ghoulman
28-Dec-2010, 12:26 AM
LOL... Time of year or time of night means nothing to me, I'm in it for the long haul.

sandrock74
29-Dec-2010, 01:11 AM
Of course, you all do realize that if AMC doesn't air the 13 episode season 2 of The Walking Dead until Halloween, the season will run straight thru Christmas and New Years? Things get busy then, and I'm not very "zombie minded" at that time of year.

I say start it in September and have the "Halloween episode" a 90 minute deal, or an episode where big things are going on. That way, its all wrapped up by the holidays (no pun intended).

Another option is to start it during the summer, so it ends at Halloween. Personally, I don't want to wait a year for season 2. That is a loooong wait.

Skold
30-Dec-2010, 05:17 AM
No way this happens. Breaking Bad is the greatest (maybe 2nd now) series ever - i'm a huge fan. For this to happen would dictate that one of the two shows slips to 9:00 which means tighter censorship. AMC would never neuter either show that way. The only AMC show to air at 9:00 was Rubicon. It was a great series IMO but had no violence. Even Mad Men airs at 10:00. Won't happen.

darth los
30-Dec-2010, 04:56 PM
Another option is to start it during the summer, so it ends at Halloween. Personally, I don't want to wait a year for season 2. That is a loooong wait.

Agreed July is way too long to let what it at the moment a very hot property cool off.

Yes october is a Perfect time to release content such as this but it's just too far away and most of the casual viewers who don't belong to a zombie dedicated website might not even care anymore. If that happens be sure that the 5 million plus viewers that the show averaged will drop sharply, imo.

:cool:

Gemini
30-Dec-2010, 10:23 PM
All I care about is a quality season. I don't care how long it takes as long as it's done it right and fixes the problems with season 1.

JDFP
31-Dec-2010, 12:48 AM
Yes october is a Perfect time to release content such as this but it's just too far away and most of the casual viewers who don't belong to a zombie dedicated website might not even care anymore. If that happens be sure that the 5 million plus viewers that the show averaged will drop sharply, imo.

:cool:

I've never understood this line of reasoning. I'm not saying you're wrong, Los, but I just don't get this argument.

If someone enjoys a show and enjoys watching it are they just going to say when it returns: "No, I'm pissed that it took too long to come back on so in revenge I'm not going to watch it anymore?" That just doesn't really make sense to me. Granted, there are only like 5 shows that I keep up with ("TWD", of course, "Supernatural", "Big Love", "Sons of Anarchy", "The Office", and that's about it) but it wouldn't matter how long it has been since a season ended and a new one begins for me to get back into enjoying the show again.

Keep a show's writing intelligent, give it decent advertising, and mix that with word of mouth and I don't see any issue with "TWD" returning again during Halloween.

j.p.

JonOfTheShred
19-Jan-2011, 04:42 PM
Am I mistaken, or shouldn't they be taking advantage of snow and filming in snowy locations for the second half of season 2? Coulda sworn I remember excessive snow in the first 20 or so comics.

bassman
19-Jan-2011, 04:45 PM
Am I mistaken, or shouldn't they be taking advantage of snow and filming in snowy locations for the second half of season 2? Coulda sworn I remember excessive snow in the first 20 or so comics.

If they follow the comics, but I don't think they're really following it that strictly. It's funny you mention this, though. I live in Atlanta where they film the series and this entire past week we had tons of snow and ice. It had crossed my mind that it was too bad they weren't filming....

DEAD BEAT
19-Jan-2011, 04:50 PM
K...now don't start throwing Tomatoes but, TWD wasn't as interesting the second time around for some reason! lol

Oh well @ least we still have season 2, so this is great news! ;)

JonOfTheShred
20-Jan-2011, 01:25 PM
If they follow the comics, but I don't think they're really following it that strictly. It's funny you mention this, though. I live in Atlanta where they film the series and this entire past week we had tons of snow and ice. It had crossed my mind that it was too bad they weren't filming....

Yea, I kinda had the feeling they'd be taking advantage of such conditions and would, in turn, be forced to quicken the pace of production, thus lending this theory of it returning for Season 2 in July a bit more believability.