PDA

View Full Version : the walking dead on dvd.

zombiekiller
31-Dec-2010, 08:07 PM
Does any one know if their going to be putting it on dvd and if so, when.

bassman
01-Jan-2011, 12:13 AM
March 8, 2011.

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?18129-Blu-Ray-and-DVD-Release

:)

zombiekiller
05-Jan-2011, 09:28 PM
thanks, i hope it's soon, i seen only like 2 or 3 of them i did catch the first one tho. so that's lucky. lol the last one i seen was where they went back to get that guy they had handcuffed on top of the building.

bassman
05-Jan-2011, 09:31 PM
The entire series will replay January 18th & 19th, if you want to catch it.

http://www.zombiezonenews.com/archives/amc-the-walking-dead-rerun-dates-set/

Ghoulman
06-Jan-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Bass! That should alleviate some of my withdrawal symptoms for a few days.

darth los
06-Jan-2011, 01:52 PM
The entire series will replay January 18th & 19th, if you want to catch it.

http://www.zombiezonenews.com/archives/amc-the-walking-dead-rerun-dates-set/

Yeah bass thnx. Either way the blu ray is a day one buy.

Now I'll have another great piece of zombiedom besides day in order to introduce newbies to the genre.

:cool:

bassman
06-Jan-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah bass thnx. Either way the blu ray is a day one buy.

After the depressing news that there are no new special features....I may not get it at all. I might just stick with my DVR recordings and hold out in hope of a future special edition before season two starts. :(

darth los
06-Jan-2011, 02:43 PM
After the depressing news that there are no new special features....I may not get it at all. I might just stick with my DVR recordings and hold out in hope of a future special edition before season two starts. :(

Wouldn't it be cool if for the second release they have like an extra episode on the disc bridging season one and season two?

It's sorta lke the RE films did between the 2nd and 3rd installments.

I had it on my dvr as well but I'm also a sports nut so those games take up most of the hard drive space.

MinionZombie
06-Jan-2011, 04:59 PM

Sod all new stuff for the DVD?BR?!

That's a fucking cheek quite frankly. After it did so well in the ratings too ... I'm really quite surprised at no new features. It doesn't even come out for another two/three months! In the vernacular of teh intarwebtubes "I am disappoint". :(

darth los
06-Jan-2011, 05:20 PM
Sod all new stuff for the DVD?BR?!

That's a fucking cheek quite frankly. After it did so well in the ratings too ... I'm really quite surprised at no new features. It doesn't even come out for another two/three months! In the vernacular of teh intarwebtubes "I am disappoint". :(

And it wouldn't even take much either.

Just throw in some behind the scenes stuff, bloopers and some comparison with the source material or something.

That's doesn't sound like too much does it?

But bare bones? Bad show guys.

bassman
06-Jan-2011, 05:31 PM
But bare bones? Bad show guys.

It's not necessarily "bare bones", they just didn't create anything new for the dvd release. The only Behind the Scenes videos are the same ones that've been available online since the show aired. I posted the press release in the other dvd thread.

Legion2213
06-Jan-2011, 06:31 PM
Some of you people are "extras whores"...you really are. :D

I just want the series, anything else is a bonus (Hell, the ability to pre-order the bastard from Amazon UK would do me at this point...they need to get their finger out).

MinionZombie
07-Jan-2011, 10:07 AM
Aye, the internet videos, but of course that's bonus-bonus in any other circle. I'm really surprised they've done sod all for the DVD/BR - especially after how much of a success it was. I'm really surprised - and disappointed.

So with that news, the box set had better not be expensive. Six episodes and just some internet videos we've already seen? That had better not be pricey, I can tell you.