PDA

View Full Version : Piranha 3D (2010) A DjfunkmasterG Review

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jan-2011, 03:16 AM
What happens when you take a Roger Corman classic, throw in a decent budget, attach Alexandre Aja, and add Doc Brown????

You get the best B Movie ever fucking made is what you get!

Piranha, the 2010 Tits N Ass extravaganza, hit 3D Blu-Ray this week and while I passed this up in theaters, I am now pissed I didn't go and see it.

When a seismic event opens up a subterranean lake underneath Lake Victoria, it unleashes a killer Piranha thought to have been extinct for nearly 2,000,000 years. Of course this clan of man-eating fish has survived simply by adopting cannibalism, yet once unleashed wreak holy hell on spring breakers in Arizona's most popular Spring Break spot.

Ok, fuck the plot of this movie and just walk in knowing that with this movie you get a buffet of TITS n ASS, literally, this movie does not hide the fact that is is just a picture show of girls with the hottest bodies and the nicest racks. Aja, who directed the excellent Hills Have Eyes remake as well as High Tension, comes on board to deliver something he always wanted to do... a Return to 80's style schlock B movie horror. However, he does it with style and a respectable cast who all signed on knowing this was nothing but a giant popcorn B movie.

Seriously, I can't tell you how pleased I am with this flick, it is just beyond over the top, beyond stupid, but it is 100% fun. Clocking in at 88 gore and nudity filled minutes I dare you to find a more entertaining B movie out there from the last 10 years. Seriously this movie relishes in its excesses.... Including a full blow under water opera dance with two hot and fully nude gals which includes numerous shots of frontal nudity and some nice vag shots as well... all this in a RATED R film.

Also throw in Richard Dreyfuss, nods to JAWS, and a cast that includes Christopher Lloyd, Ving Rhames and Elizabeth Shue (who at 46 is still smoking) and you literally have a quirky horrorfest that just keeps aiming higher and higher at how far it can go to gross you out and how much fake blood they can use.

Seriously, goto RED BOX, NETFLIX or hell just buy the fucking thing, I guarantee you will not be disappointed and it will be a great investment simply because you will get hours and hours of enjoyments out of this with the numerous times you will just want to re-watch it.

We all talk about films you have to go in and shut off your brain to enjoy... TRUST ME THIS IS THAT FILM! When turning off you brain is mentioned in future topics in regards to film, this is the film that should come to mind immediately, PIRANHA 2010. I give the movie 5 out of 5 simply for being so entertaining while being smothered in a B movie cheese sauce.

I personally purchased the 3D Blu-Ray edition, which also has the 2D version as a feature. The disc is Region A Locked and is presented in 2.40:1 with a DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 track and man does the soundtrack really explode your home theater system.

Picture Quality is solid and really shows off the HD detail. High Def Digest gave the HD video Quality a 4 out of 5 stars... I say it is closer to 4.5. It is a great transfer and could easily be used as demo material, but the best film to use as demo material right now still stands as Resident Evil 4, yes it is even better looking than Avatrash.

The Audio Quality rated by HDD.COM is 5.0 I solidly agree with this rating as the DTS sound mix is just top notch (Shut up Lou :D)

The standard 2D Blu-Ray has a ton of special features, more than my release, but the 3D version has a 30 minute look behind the scenes with extensive interviews with Aja, and producer Mark Canton (300, Land of the Dead) along with Underwater DP and Aja's producing partner.

Based on the supplements available, the overall presentation, and the awesomeness of the movie, I give Piranha 2010 a 4.75 rating out of 5. This is definitely a must own for any true B movie horror fan.

slickwilly13
17-Jan-2011, 05:50 AM
I told you guys so. Seriously, you guys who did not watch it on the big screen missed out.

LouCipherr
17-Jan-2011, 01:02 PM
What happens when you take a Roger Corman classic, throw in a decent budget, attach Alexandre Aja, and add Doc Brown????

You get the best B Movie ever fucking made is what you get!

There is something seriously wrong with you, Dj. This movie sucked more dick than Traci Lords in 1988.

'nuff said. (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?18039-I-have-shamed-myself...-(again)-I-watched..-Pirhana-3D)

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jan-2011, 01:04 PM
There is something seriously wrong with you, Dj. This movie sucked more dick than Traci Lords in 1988.

'nuff said. (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?18039-I-have-shamed-myself...-(again)-I-watched..-Pirhana-3D)

We shall respectively agree to disagree.

This movie kicked ass... Seriously, the minute you have 3D tits on screen you know you're wallowing in total B movie exploitation trash... and I love it. :lol:

LouCipherr
17-Jan-2011, 01:10 PM
No, there is no "respectively" about it - this movie was trash from minute one. Poor acting (I know, i did expect it, just not as bad as it was), horrible script, piss-poor CGI..

Wow dude, you really have shaken my faith in your taste of movies. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jan-2011, 01:15 PM
No, there is no "respectively" about it - this movie was trash from minute one. Poor acting (I know, i did expect it, just not as bad as it was), horrible script, piss-poor CGI..

Wow dude, you really have shaken my faith in your taste of movies. :lol:

Lou, the film is a remake of a Roger Corman film... if it didn't have bad acting and bad FX, I would have been disappointed. This movie delievred exactly what I expected from a remake of a Corman classic... hell this movie is better than the original. You cannot take a movie like this seriously... THis is midnight movie at its best. This flick is a train wreck of epic magnitude, but it is still fun and enjoyable because of the plethora of rolling heads to see as you rubberneck by the accident.

I LOVE PIRANHA 3D, sorry if you lose faith in me... but this film is the ultimate shut your brain off flick. Sharktopus doesn't even get the right to wallow in PIRANHA's placenta

LouCipherr
17-Jan-2011, 01:19 PM
but this film is the ultimate shut your brain off flick. Sharktopus doesn't even get the right to wallow in PIRANHA's placenta

No, this is far from a "shut off your brain" flick - it's a "I don't have a brain to begin with, so let me watch this" flick.

...and FYI, as bad as Sharktopus was, it was the second coming of Titanic vs. this monumental pile of crap. :p

Corman has every right to make something like this - but the simple fact that it was remade to begin with was pathetic in and of itself. :lol: It just shocked me to hear you sing so many praises about it. It's horrible, dude, and not in the "corman kind of horrible" either - it, to me, was waaaay worse.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jan-2011, 01:21 PM
I could of sworn I told yo to pipe down somewhere int he original post....

(Shut up Lou :D)

Yep I did.... Scroll up.

j/k.... :lol:

We simply agree to disagree. You hate it, I love it. Watched it 4 times already.

LouCipherr
17-Jan-2011, 01:22 PM
I could of sworn I told yo to pipe down somewhere int he original post....

Yep I did.... Scroll up.

j/k.... :lol:

:lol:

...as if that ever stops you. :p

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jan-2011, 01:25 PM
:lol:

...as if that ever stops you. :p

Good point...

The movie still rocked though. :lol: